Leon Washington...

Jetsfan80

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...just returned a kickoff 101 yards for a TD. Ugh, now we're going to hear about it from gg all week.

LEON rocks!

i am just not going to change anyone's mind ...

and no one is going to change my mind that this was a bad move...

oh and LEON rocks! :D

I would have loved to keep him at elite returner money, but not at starting RB money.

If he shows he can still be effective at running in trenches then Jets blew it, but if he cant return to in the trenches effectiveness then Jets were right for money he was asking.

For sake, I hope he proves Jets wrong as far as in the trenches effectiveness.

My favorite offensive player playing well on another team. This is what life as a Jets fan is...we could have used those tonight. And yes, thats exactly how it works.

The problem with this, of course, is that Schotty would try to take the ball out of Leon's hands.

This trade is the best thing to ever happen to Leon.

I would have loved to keep him at elite returner money, but not at starting RB money.

If he shows he can still be effective at running in trenches then Jets blew it, but if he cant return to in the trenches effectiveness then Jets were right for money he was asking.

For sake, I hope he proves Jets wrong as far as in the trenches effectiveness.

A third down back (which Leon effectively was) / kick returner that gives you two TD's in :10 seconds is worth it. And nobody can convince anybody that Leon is not as effective as a third down back anymore, based on his display......

Leon single-handedly won that game for Seattle. Do you think he would be worth it if they end up 10-6 or 9-7 with a shot at a wild card. That's what Leon does. We all agreed last year that we wouldn't have gotten where we did without him. Instead of looking at positions and using some generic scale, look at what he does on the field. He is a threat to put up 6 at any moment.

BUT, he's a seahawk....

congratulations, Leon

A third down back (which Leon effectively was) / kick returner that gives you two TD's in :10 seconds is worth it. And nobody can convince anybody that Leon is not as effective as a third down back anymore, based on his display......

Leon single-handedly won that game for Seattle. Do you think he would be worth it if they end up 10-6 or 9-7 with a shot at a wild card. That's what Leon does. We all agreed last year that we wouldn't have gotten where we did without him. Instead of looking at positions and using some generic scale, look at what he does on the field. He is a threat to put up 6 at any moment.

BUT, he's a seahawk....

congratulations, Leon

LT can win us more games than Leon can for Seattle. Don't just think about what Leon can do for you. Consider who we would have been unable to acquire because of the money we'd have paid Leon, as well as the role on the team we'd be giving him right now.

Im happy for him, and happy that he helped beat an AFC contender, but its high time we moved on.

BUT, he's a seahawk....

congratulations, Leon

lol

Sure, if he has multi-TD games repeatedly. But he doesn't. No one does. Also you ignore that giving starter money removes a starter elsewhere and replaces him with a scrub or late-round rookie. Perhaps a team loses 2 games due to that rookie/scrub stinking the place up instead of a starter who could make plays.

The point is paying a KOR starter money does not exist in a vacuum. Jets did the right thing.

Good for Leon. But we'll see how worth it anyone - Seattle included - thinks he's worth starter money.

How am I ******* retard exactly. McKnight has shown absolutely nothing but ineptitude.

Leon is a stud.

Are you so phucking dense that you do not understand that one has nothing to do with the other? Drafting McKnight has nothing to do with not signing Charity and her hubby. Che stronzo!

LEON rocks!

i am just not going to change anyone's mind ...

and no one is going to change my mind that this was a bad move...

oh and LEON rocks! :D

So you are telling me you if given the choice of taking LT and everything he has done for us this season and tossing him and that production out the window for Leon, than you think that would be the right move? Because Mcknight is not Leon's replacement, LT is.

LT has made plays that Leon just does not have the ability to make, even before he was hurt. I don't know how anyone could not be ecstatic about LT and what he has done for this team, I certainly can't understand how picking him over Leon was such a bad move.

Are you so phucking dense that you do not understand that one has nothing to do with the other? Drafting McKnight has nothing to do with not signing Charity and her hubby. Che stronzo!

Are you serious about this?

We traded Leon for McKnight STRAIGHT UP! The plan was he would be a Leon Washington player, the plan failed. I would have had no problem paying him this season what he was due, he HAD to play for us to prove he still could and in a season wehre we're looking to win it all he would be a great addtion to Greene/LT and would have obvious impact in the return game, even though I do like Smith.

lol

Sure, if he has multi-TD games repeatedly. But he doesn't. No one does. Also you ignore that giving starter money removes a starter elsewhere and replaces him with a scrub or late-round rookie. Perhaps a team loses 2 games due to that rookie/scrub stinking the place up instead of a starter who could make plays.

The point is paying a KOR starter money does not exist in a vacuum. Jets did the right thing.

Good for Leon. But we'll see how worth it anyone - Seattle included - thinks he's worth starter money.

Would we have been paying him starter money to keep him for THIS season? I wasn't aware of that.

Would we have been paying him starter money to keep him for THIS season? I wasn't aware of that.

1) The guy wasn't even running yet when we traded him. We "knew" he'd be the same again like the Dolphins (not to mention a zillion crying fools at JI) "knew" that Culpepper was a steal from Minnesota.

2) We did get someone else out of it who will be here for a hell of a lot longer than just this season.

3) I think the Jets had quite enough contract distractions this off-season WITHOUT Leon Washington.

4) We won this week without 2 KO return TD's and I'm not at all crying about Brad Smith's 38 yard average on kick returns last night.

5) You don't get to pick and choose the games you get those 2 KOR touchdowns in the same game. As likely as not it comes in a week we'd have won without them.

6) Truth is, one never knows if the offense was going to score anyway. I'll take the sure thing every time and love to see it. But had we returned a KOR for a TD on a drive that ended up being a 67-yard TD to Edwards, then another one on our last possession - where we scored a TD anyway - we'd all be chiming in how we'd have lost for sure if not for two KO return TD's. Meanwhile we won anyway.

He wanted starer money. The only way to avoid a headache with him - again - was to pay it. The Jets decided to get a young FB instead.

Archived