Mark Sanchez

Greenranger

This is where I go "I told you so" to all the people I was arguing with:

I TOLD YOU SO!

Of course you won't see any of them apologize or admit they were wrong. All we have is guys that didn't really throw him under the bus admitting he has gotten good, not the people that said he was a bust and would always suck.

How about I mea culpa for saying keller sucked and should be cut?

Just saying :P

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He doesn't have much when it comes to quick outs. This isn't anything new. The difference between this year and the last is his timing and knowing when to not throw it.

I want to say I feel like the quick out to Cotch is a pretty consistent pass they run. I might be totally wrong but I fully agree on the differences being timing + decision making.

I dont want to demean the guy after one of his best games of a nascent career but he did seem to be channeling Richard Todd momentarily last night. Then had the nerve to say during a post game interview that the almost int. wasnt even close.

Like I said earlier in this thread. I am cautiously optmistic regarding MS.

On thing that bugs me about him is he seems awfully cocky at times for a guy that hasn really established his NFL cred yet.

On thing that bugs me about him is he seems awfully cocky at times for a guy that hasn really established his NFL cred yet.

You don't get to the next level without that. Rex said that Mark is more confident than he is, saying: that's saying a lot! I like it.

No, it really wasn't. This is getting a little carried away. Sanchez's last two games have been his best two games. That's enough to hold the legitimate criticisms in abeyance, so it ought to be enough to obviate the need to give him credit he doesn't deserve. That wasn't a spectacular pass or even an especially good one. He's always going to struggle with that throw because he just doesn't have the velocity. He timed it as well as he possibly could have and it was still late. Allen just blew it. Sanchez made the best read and the best throw of his career on the second touchdown to Keller. Do we really need to gush about the one he merely got away with?

h8r

LOL

Sanchez gets criticized when he gets down on himself for making a mistake, and now he's criticized for being confident.

As Slats mentioned, a QB needs confidence to be successful.

But dude, he was also dead on with some other passes. That 2nd TD pass to Keller I sat on my couch, jaw dropped and thought "holy crap, that is an incredible throw". That was the first time I ever let myself really believe Sanchez might develop into something more than average.

For sure, he had some outstanding throws...he looked really sharp...just had a couple that floated on him.

The little inside pitch that he was trying to get to LT and the threw it right to Cameron Wake was one of the worst plays I've ever seen in my life and we were terribly fortunate that wasnt a pick six, and he got a couple of balls batted at the LOS, but overall, he looked good.

For sure, he had some outstanding throws...he looked really sharp...just had a couple that floated on him.

The little inside pitch that he was trying to get to LT and the threw it right to Cameron Wake was one of the worst plays I've ever seen in my life and we were terribly fortunate that wasnt a pick six, and he got a couple of balls batted at the LOS, but overall, he looked good.

He was giving him a facial. I'm sure that was the point.

h8r

Instead of bitching about the fact that I'm not speaking sufficiently glowingly about Sanchez in terms of the things that separate great quarterbacks from good ones, why not just be happy that he can reasonably be discussed in such terms at all?

Every hall of fame QB has made a throw or 2 or 3 like that one, the only ones I haven't seen make a throw like that (or just don't remember) were Otto Graham and, YA Tittle and Johnny U. The last two weeks he has shown better accuracy, zip and and touch. He is not perfect but no QBs are. For the moment his rating is over a 100 with as many ints as Peyton.

I dont want to demean the guy after one of his best games of a nascent career but he did seem to be channeling Richard Todd momentarily last night. Then had the nerve to say during a post game interview that the almost int. wasnt even close.

Like I said earlier in this thread. I am cautiously optmistic regarding MS.

Regarding his post game comments, you do realize that he meant that purely as a joke right? As far as seeming cocky, he's an NFL QB, while some display it differently on the outside than others, you need a bit of that in order to be successful at that position. Plus, this team and coach certainly encourage him to have that kind of demeanor. Although either way, maybe it's just me, but even when he's talking himself up (which he does of his teammates far more than himself), it never seems like he takes himself too seriously. Of all the things there have been to criticize Sanchez about over the past year and a half, that's not really one in my mind.

But dude, he was also dead on with some other passes. That 2nd TD pass to Keller I sat on my couch, jaw dropped and thought "holy crap, that is an incredible throw". That was the first time I ever let myself really believe Sanchez might develop into something more than average.

Last year's playoff game winning pass to Keller against the Chargers...ftw. Awesome play. Still my favorite early career Sanchez play.

He's cool...Not finished developing and be prepped for at least a couple really sh*tty games this year...but he's coming along.

Last year's playoff game winning pass to Keller against the Chargers...ftw. Awesome play. Still my favorite early career Sanchez play.

He's cool...Not finished developing and be prepped for at least a couple really sh*tty games this year...but he's coming along.

Yup. And the fact that there is forward progress that's all you can ask for.

Every hall of fame QB has made a throw or 2 or 3 like that one, the only ones I haven't seen make a throw like that (or just don't remember) were Otto Graham and, YA Tittle and Johnny U. The last two weeks he has shown better accuracy, zip and and touch. He is not perfect but no QBs are. For the moment his rating is over a 100 with as many ints as Peyton.

I agree, I'm just being nit picky. I can be. I'm an arm chair QB.

No, it really wasn't. This is getting a little carried away. Sanchez's last two games have been his best two games. That's enough to hold the legitimate criticisms in abeyance, so it ought to be enough to obviate the need to give him credit he doesn't deserve. That wasn't a spectacular pass or even an especially good one. He's always going to struggle with that throw because he just doesn't have the velocity. He timed it as well as he possibly could have and it was still late. Allen just blew it. Sanchez made the best read and the best throw of his career on the second touchdown to Keller. Do we really need to gush about the one he merely got away with?

Back shoulder bullet to a double covered WR? Thats a brilliant throw. What the hell game were you watching?

That was Langford, not Wake. Wake almost had a pick on another play, a quick out/curl to Keller IIRC. Yeremiah Bell almost had pick. Jason Allen almost had a pick. That's four. But almost doesn't count, so Congrats for the Jets for the win, and to Sanchez for having a good game. I wouldn't get all carried away though. We could easily be talking about how he threw yet another game away.

That was Langford, not Wake. Wake almost had a pick on another play, a quick out/curl to Keller IIRC. Yeremiah Bell almost had pick. Jason Allen almost had a pick. That's four. But almost doesn't count, so Congrats for the Jets for the win, and to Sanchez for having a good game. I wouldn't get all carried away though. We could easily be talking about how he threw yet another game away.

Right Langford. That was the only one that I remember that was a for sure should have been caught. The others would have been impressive plays. That one was a gimmie and Langford missed it.

And dont be bitter because like RJF pointed out, you are totally wrong on your assessment of the kid. Clearly the coaches have a ton of confidence in him and he's supporting that confidence. There is plenty to get carried away about if your a Jets fan. Whether its warranted in the long run is yet to be seen, but there is definitely plenty for Jets fans to be excited about when it comes to Mark Sanchez.

The Langford pass was horrid, but the Allen "near pick" was tipped by the receiver and then Allen had to go diving for it and still wasn't able to even get there before the ball hit the ground. Hardly the horrible play from Sanchez you're trying to make it out to be. Outside of those, I have no idea where you're coming up with 4 near picks from, but I guess whatever helps you sleep at night. If I recall, with the game on the line your QB threw one that was a little more than just near a pick, but what does that matter, right?

9bt.png

Wow that was pathetic and sad.

Guess what numbnuts, you can point to three or four passes thrown by every single QB in every single game played that were almost picked off. The Jets almost picked off Henne three or four times Sunday night as well.

The Jets actually did pick off Henne when it counted most.

Do me a favor, instead of worrying about our QB, who just shredded your defense like they weren't on the field and seems to play his best when the pressure is the highest, worry about your own QB, who seems to be developing a very bad habit of coming up small when it matters most. :Nuts:

The Langford pass was horrid, but the Allen "near pick" was tipped by the receiver and then Allen had to go diving for it and still wasn't able to even get there before the ball hit the ground. Hardly the horrible play from Sanchez you're trying to make it out to be. Outside of those, I have no idea where you're coming up with 4 near picks from, but I guess whatever helps you sleep at night. If I recall, with the game on the line your QB threw one that was a little more than just near a pick, but what does that matter, right?

Assheads can't deal with reality BG.

Wake almost had a pick on another play, a quick out/curl to Keller IIRC.

No. That one he just swatted. The one he should have picked was the shovel to Tomlinson. That one is only partially on Sanchez if at all because Wake just made a sick play by somehow jumping straight up in the air right after getting cut. It looked like Richardson was open a few yards wide of LT but he may only have been there to block.

Archived