Congrats Fellas

HardKoreXXX

Well, a great game last night. Actually, it ******* sucked because the Phins lost, but a great game to watch.

The Jets looked great on offense last night. Props there. I knew Keller would give us problems (he always does. And as much as you guys rag on Schotty, he called a helluva game and attacked our weaknesses with great success. Lots of 3-step-drops for Sanchez, lots of short passes to build his confidence. That's smart coaching.

Anyhow, I was also pleased at our offense. The play calling was atrocious (Wildcat on 2nd 16?)but Henne and Co. lit it up. Failure to get TD's on the Red Zone killed us though.

No excuses though. Great game from what I feel are two pretty evenly matched teams.

Good luck this season. I love you all.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, a great game last night. Actually, it ******* sucked because the Phins lost, but a great game to watch.

The Jets looked great on offense last night. Props there. I knew Keller would give us problems (he always does. And as much as you guys rag on Schotty, he called a helluva game and attacked our weaknesses with great success. Lots of 3-step-drops for Sanchez, lots of short passes to build his confidence. That's smart coaching.

Anyhow, I was also pleased at our offense. The play calling was atrocious (Wildcat on 2nd 16?)but Henne and Co. lit it up. Failure to get TD's on the Red Zone killed us though.

No excuses though. Great game from what I feel are two pretty evenly matched teams.

It was a good game all around, a tough win to get but a great job by both teams. I think Jets and Dolphins respectively look like the #1 and #2 teams in th AFCE. Should be a great year and I look forward to playing you again in our stadium next time.

It was a good game all around, a tough win to get but a great job by both teams. I think Jets and Dolphins respectively look like the #1 and #2 teams in th AFCE. Should be a great year and I look forward to playing you again in our stadium next time.

It only looks that way when they play a team missing 3 starters on defense.

Class post, again, HK. You guys put a whoopin on Ryan's pass D like only Peyton did before. Hard fought game by both clubs.

I hate to admit it, but chad henne looked good out there. Mind you, we didnt have pace, jenks, and Revis, but he shows a lot of confidence. He has one hell of an arm. It will be interesting to watch sanchez and henne grow over the years.

Don't get used to seeing Henne. Dan Henning has Rex's number and has for years. Henne can only do this against us, against the rest of the league he's terrible. Don't be surprised if this is his last season as the Dolphins starter.

Take a look at their schedule, if they can't beat the Pats next week, they may not win another game until late November. Their upcoming schedule is brutal.

Classy post I must say.

It was as painful for both of us until the Jets sealed it at the end. Great game but not one I enjoy watching. We've felt your pain too man, last year after the MNF game I felt sick all week.

This rivalry gets better and better. Henne vs Sanchez seems to bring out the best in both guys.

Classless troll.

:D what the hell happened to Miami's running game anyway? Ricky Williams seems done to me and even Ronnie Brown doesn't seem as effective as he was a year ago. maybe all of these injuries he gets every year are starting to catch up with him. Then again who knows-they keep telling us it's a QB-driven league so maybe that's the direction that Henning is going.

How about Mark Sanchez channeling Richard Todd to AJ Duhe? That was scary-tough game and kudos to our old buddy Triple X for posting this thread.

It only looks that way when they play a team missing 3 starters on defense.

I knew there'd be a lot of these type of posts. Par for the course. But the Jets Run D was solid without Jenks, and I'm not sure Pace makes that much of a difference. He didn't do much against the Phins last year, and was actually a ghost in the first game last season. Man-handled.

Revis, yeah. He probably affects the game because then Hartline probably doesn't abuse Cromartie the way he abused Kyle Wilson.

Classy post I must say.

It was as painful for both of us until the Jets sealed it at the end. Great game but not one I enjoy watching. We've felt your pain too man, last year after the MNF game I felt sick all week.

This rivalry gets better and better. Henne vs Sanchez seems to bring out the best in both guys.

I know you're too young to have seen IJ but back in the 80's Dan Marino and Kenny O'Brien used to do the same stuff every time we played each other. Marino,clearly the HoFer and O'Brien the guy the Jets drafted the same year INSTEAD of Marino as the guy with the chip on his shoulder and always trying to justify why he WAS drafted first. The trouble for O'Brien was unlike Marino he had an atrocious OL in front of him.

Classy post I must say.

Agreed. I said last year this would be a fun rivalry between Henne and Sanchez for years to come. It def looks that way. Both guys seems to step up their game when they play.

Like I said in the OP, great game by Schotty. He was as good as our OC was bad. I know a lot here hate him, but he plays to his team's strengths and appears to know their limits. I only wish our defense had executed better. Horrible showing by them. You're not gonna beat anyone with no sacks and no turnovers.

Agreed. I said last year this would be a fun rivalry between Henne and Sanchez for years to come. It def looks that way. Both guys seems to step up their game when they play.

Like I said in the OP, great game by Schotty. He was as good as our OC was bad. I know a lot here hate him, but he plays to his team's strengths and appears to know their limits. I only wish our defense had executed better. Horrible showing by them. You're not gonna beat anyone with no sacks and no turnovers.

Good point. Outside of JT's sack, our D didn't do much either. This game was all about offense. I was surprised at how well our o-line was able to neutralize your pass rush. I really thought Wake would have had abused old Woody.

I knew there'd be a lot of these type of posts. Par for the course. But the Jets Run D was solid without Jenks, and I'm not sure Pace makes that much of a difference. He didn't do much against the Phins last year, and was actually a ghost in the first game last season. Man-handled.

Revis, yeah. He probably affects the game because then Hartline probably doesn't abuse Cromartie the way he abused Kyle Wilson.

but you have to factor that in Xx3...that's 27% of your starting defense missing or gone for the year-not making excuses but you would have heard this had you guys won the game too...how would Miami be without Soliai, Wake and Vontae? It's a lot to overcome

Ditto .... 'cept for the "love" part.

Should be an interesting rematch then when we have 3 starters back, 2 on D and 1 on offense.

I agree with the defensive portion of this, but I don't think the Holmes portion is relevant because had Holmes not been suspended for 4 games, he wouldn't be a Jet.

Anyhow, I was also pleased at our offense. The play calling was atrocious (Wildcat on 2nd 16?) but Henne and Co. lit it up. Failure to get TD's on the Red Zone killed us though.

Evenly matched ?

No Revis!

No Calvin Pace!!

No Kris Jenkins!!!

No Santonio Holmes!!!!

No Braylon for 1st quarter!!!!!

No home field advantage!!!!!!

No football weather!!!!!!!

And yet,

No worries

No problems.

The JETS win!!!!!!!

Fun game to watch. Sanchez grew up last night. LT is the real deal - and I loathe to say that because I hate his guts. The team will only get better with Holmes on the field and Revis at full speed. Jets are the team to beat in the East as of right now, for sure. Congrats. Still hoping it implodes though ;)

Evenly matched ?

No Revis!

No Calvin Pace!!

No Kris Jenkins!!!

No Santonio Holmes!!!!

No Braylon for 1st quarter!!!!!

No home field advantage!!!!!!

No football weather!!!!!!!

And yet,

No worries

No problems.

The JETS win!!!!!!!

This.

Henne looked good because he was playing against a totally gassed defense. Still, just like college, when the Fins needed Henne to come up big in a big spot he didn't.

Honestly, if I were the Dolphags, I would have completely abandoned the run. Thats how on point your passing attack was...however, what killed you, other than the Jets completely dominating your a$$ was the the goalline series when you guys didnt run it once. Our D was gassed big time. BE just scored in 10 seconds and the D was literally on the field for like 15 straight minutes. You should have run it in there and it wouldnt have made our dominating performance look so bad.

Honestly, if I were the Dolphags, I would have completely abandoned the run. Thats how on point your passing attack was...however, what killed you, other than the Jets completely dominating your a$$ was the the goalline series when you guys didnt run it once. Our D was gassed big time. BE just scored in 10 seconds and the D was literally on the field for like 15 straight minutes. You should have run it in there and it wouldnt have made our dominating performance look so bad.

Can't disagree there. You should have seen the game thread at ThePhins where we cursed OC Dan Henning countless times. Ronnie Brown looked fresh at the end of the game, so running it at least once, with two timeouts, may have been a good move.

I hate to criticize one play here or one play there, because in a close game you could literally point to a dozen plays and say "we lost because..." but Henning play calling was pretty atrocious the whole night.

I honestly think Henne masked a lot of that with his great play, especially on third downs where he was very good. But, the Wildcat needs to go. Teams have almost 2 full seasons to analyze it, and it's so one dimensional I don't think it's as effective as just running a base offense.

That would purely be suicidal.

If you go against a Rex Ryan defense and will rely on the passing game alone, he will not respect the edge at all, and will actually get to the QB (something they did not do last night). You have to run to keep them honest

Archived