Congrats Fellas

HardKoreXXX

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't disagree there. You should have seen the game thread at ThePhins where we cursed OC Dan Henning countless times. Ronnie Brown looked fresh at the end of the game, so running it at least once, with two timeouts, may have been a good move.

I hate to criticize one play here or one play there, because in a close game you could literally point to a dozen plays and say "we lost because..." but Henning play calling was pretty atrocious the whole night.

I honestly think Henne masked a lot of that with his great play, especially on third downs where he was very good. But, the Wildcat needs to go. Teams have almost 2 full seasons to analyze it, and it's so one dimensional I don't think it's as effective as just running a base offense.

The Wildcat is smart offensive play calling, just because of the match-ups it creates alone. You can't abandon it.

But, you cant expect it to be a staple of an offense either. The Wildcat should be the same as a screen pass or a reverse is to most other offenses-Something to slow down an over-aggressive defense and a change of pace in play calling that other teams have to take time to prepare for.

That would purely be suicidal.

If you go against a Rex Ryan defense and will rely on the passing game alone, he will not respect the edge at all, and will actually get to the QB (something they did not do last night). You have to run to keep them honest

2 sacks, and 5 QB hits. Not to bad. It wasn’t a beating, but they kept Henne ducking

The Wildcat is smart offensive play calling, just because of the match-ups it creates alone. You can't abandon it.

But, you cant expect it to be a staple of an offense either. The Wildcat should be the same as a screen pass or a reverse is to most other offenses-Something to slow down an over-aggressive defense and a change of pace in play calling that other teams have to take time to prepare for.

Well, it's clear we should've abandoned it against the Jets. After it was stuffed the first 5 or 6 times (even more if you go back to the second matchup last year) to continue calling it is just plain stubbornness on the part of Dan Henning.

I can see using it against a non-conf or non-divisional opponent, but the Jets have schemed and game planned for it as much as any team, not to mention they have the personnel to shut it down.

Also, it was clear passing the ball was the way to win last night. The Wildcat effectively stalled drives that had momentum. At least running out of the base offense makes the defense think there's a minute chance you may pass.

Well, it's clear we should've abandoned it against the Jets. After it was stuffed the first 5 or 6 times (even more if you go back to the second matchup last year) to continue calling it is just plain stubbornness on the part of Dan Henning.

I can see using it against a non-conf or non-divisional opponent, but the Jets have schemed and game planned for it as much as any team, not to mention they have the personnel to shut it down.

Also, it was clear passing the ball was the way to win last night. The Wildcat effectively stalled drives that had momentum. At least running out of the base offense makes the defense think there's a minute chance you may pass.

I hear what you are saying but last night I got the feeling Henning was using these wildcat calls as a setup for the pass by R Brown which ended up incomplete. If they connect for the long gain or TD they look like geniuses and the previous wildcat plays that netted zero were worth it.

I honestly think Henne masked a lot of that with his great play, especially on third downs where he was very good. But, the Wildcat needs to go. Teams have almost 2 full seasons to analyze it, and it's so one dimensional I don't think it's as effective as just running a base offense.

Henne looked better in the loss than he did in your two wins. I'm sure Henning had that wildcat in there based on his play to that point. It made a lot of sense as a way to move the ball with Pennington as your QB, but once Henne gets rolling it's foolish to take him out. There were a few times last night when I just shook my head thinking, "that's dumb," in regards to the wildcat BS. The Jets had it figured out in game #2 last year, don't know why Henning thought it was going to magically work again.

Agreed. Henning should have realized it after the first two games last year that Rex was gonna game plan for that stuff. They should have stuck with normal runs instead, they were actually working pretty effectively for the most part.

Wild Cat Plays - Jets = 3 / Phags = 6

Total Yards - Jets = 25 / Phags = 2

Yards Per Play - Jets = 8.3 / Phags = .3

:rl:

Henne looked better in the loss than he did in your two wins. I'm sure Henning had that wildcat in there based on his play to that point. It made a lot of sense as a way to move the ball with Pennington as your QB, but once Henne gets rolling it's foolish to take him out. There were a few times last night when I just shook my head thinking, "that's dumb," in regards to the wildcat BS. The Jets had it figured out in game #2 last year, don't know why Henning thought it was going to magically work again.

Like I said, stubbornness. You're talking about an OC who once said (recently) that he would run the ball every single play if he could.

They are perfectly happy letting Henne throw only 15 times in a win. He's totally handcuffed when the game is close. The ONLY reason he was able to air it out last night is because of the early 14-0 hole and the Jets forcing him to pass.

He has the ability to do that more often though. I know the coaching staff knows this, but refuses to give in. Maybe it's a good thing? Not sure. But I can tell you with the way our defense played it won't be the last time he throws for 350 this season.

I have to admit, everytime you lined up in the Wildcat I took a sigh of relief and sat back in my chair.

I think a lot of Dolphins fans want to see the wildcat gone and I can't blame them. The way it was used last night was pathetic. Not only did they run it in odd situations that killed any momentum, they ran slow developing reverses out of it that lead to massive loss in yardage. If they use it 2-3 times a game as a power running play that's fine. But once they get into the option read crap with players it's over.

Yeah, they were. The players looked like Patrick Ewing in the 1st 5 minutes of a game, drenched in sweat and they were getting treatment on the sidelines.

Uh huh. Well, gassed or not, Henne lit them up. You can make any excuse you want, he pissed on them. R Kelly style. Too bad our defense was also getting the golden shower treatment.

It got them nowhere, just like last years sweep. :rl:

Don't even go there dude. You know exactly how the Jets sneaked into the playoffs last year. If I were you, I'd be worried about the secondary. Kyle Wilson is a total liability, and the Jets will face much better passing teams than Miami if they want to get to the Super Bowl.

Peyton Manning carved up the Jets D with a healthy Revis back there.

Don't even go there dude. You know exactly how the Jets sneaked into the playoffs last year. If I were you, I'd be worried about the secondary. Kyle Wilson is a total liability, and the Jets will face much better passing teams than Miami if they want to get to the Super Bowl.

We got into the playoffs, because your phags blew down the stretch and choked up there own destiny!

So, how did we win 2 playoff games last year, something the phags have not done in ages!? :rl:

Wilson is just fine as a nickle, which is what he'll be when it counts most!

Good for Peyton, this year we have Revis and Cro, the phags still got nowhere! :lol:

well in fairness, Wilson is a rook playing in 3rd game. When Revis returns in week 5, wilson will be less exposed as nickle back.

as far as indy carving us in 2nd half, yes, but hopefully by aaafc champ game this year, cromartie and a seasoned rook nickel back in wilson will help..

greta game though,,,i changed my afc prediction to teh Fish now ahead of Pats..jets/fish go down to december before afc east champ determined

Well, a great game last night. Actually, it ******* sucked because the Phins lost, but a great game to watch.

The Jets looked great on offense last night. Props there. I knew Keller would give us problems (he always does. And as much as you guys rag on Schotty, he called a helluva game and attacked our weaknesses with great success. Lots of 3-step-drops for Sanchez, lots of short passes to build his confidence. That's smart coaching.

Anyhow, I was also pleased at our offense. The play calling was atrocious (Wildcat on 2nd 16?)but Henne and Co. lit it up. Failure to get TD's on the Red Zone killed us though.

No excuses though. Great game from what I feel are two pretty evenly matched teams.

Good luck this season. I love you all.

The Jets won, aint nothing "even". ;) Good game.

Can't disagree there. You should have seen the game thread at ThePhins where we cursed OC Dan Henning countless times. Ronnie Brown looked fresh at the end of the game, so running it at least once, with two timeouts, may have been a good move.

I hate to criticize one play here or one play there, because in a close game you could literally point to a dozen plays and say "we lost because..." but Henning play calling was pretty atrocious the whole night.

Agreed. You have a true FB, a good young QB, a #1 WR, there is no reason to be running the WC. You arent trying to be creative because you have a limited QB in Chad Pennington. Time to man up and run a real offense.

That would purely be suicidal.

If you go against a Rex Ryan defense and will rely on the passing game alone, he will not respect the edge at all, and will actually get to the QB (something they did not do last night). You have to run to keep them honest

Sure. I get it. But last night, we had no answer to their pass attack. Keep passing it.

Well, a great game last night. Actually, it ******* sucked because the Phins lost, but a great game to watch.

The Jets looked great on offense last night. Props there. I knew Keller would give us problems (he always does. And as much as you guys rag on Schotty, he called a helluva game and attacked our weaknesses with great success. Lots of 3-step-drops for Sanchez, lots of short passes to build his confidence. That's smart coaching.

Anyhow, I was also pleased at our offense. The play calling was atrocious (Wildcat on 2nd 16?)but Henne and Co. lit it up. Failure to get TD's on the Red Zone killed us though.

No excuses though. Great game from what I feel are two pretty evenly matched teams.

Good luck this season. I love you all.

You, crashingjet and Aquq-Queer can all go **** yourselves.

Uh huh. Well, gassed or not, Henne lit them up. You can make any excuse you want, he pissed on them. R Kelly style. Too bad our defense was also getting the golden shower treatment.

But then this vaunted passing attack completely dissapears as soon as Fins play anywhere except in Miami. Why?

Henne lit up the Jets D last yr in Miami, but then did crap in the Meadowlands. Funny, Henne didn't do anything on the road the first 2 games this. Why?

I love how Fin fans believe in coincidences.

But then this vaunted passing attack completely dissapears as soon as Fins play anywhere except in Miami. Why?

Henne lit up the Jets D last yr in Miami, but then did crap in the Meadowlands. Funny, Henne didn't do anything on the road the first 2 games this. Why?

I love how Fin fans believe in coincidences.

Because this regime has a conservative approach on offense. Henne didn't disappear in the first two games, because that would require showing up in the first place. He doesn't call his own plays, Henning does. He only threw 15 times against the Vikes, you find me a QB in the history of the NFL that's had gaudy numbers throwing the ball 15 times.

When the Jets went up 14-0 in the first quarter, they let him air it out. Henne has always been capable of that. Whether it's against the vaunted Jets D, or the Pats, or the Titans, or whoever.

You have to take what the defense gives you. The Jets took away the run, Henne lit them up for 363.

But you seem to be an expert on the subject so you probably already knew all of this.

Watch us kill the Patriots on Monday night. We'll find out who will be racing to the AFCE title for sure. It's week 3, please count us out. you didn't have anybody notable out last year when we beat you on Monday night.

Kind of like how you counted us out and killed the Jets last night. :rolleyes:

Who knew eating this much crow, could make you this much stupider! :blink:

Good luck, I hope you beat the patsies, cause I can't wait to stomp you out again, and keep the no playoff win streak alive! :rl:

Watch us kill the Patriots on Monday night. We'll find out who will be racing to the AFCE title for sure. It's week 3, please count us out. you didn't have anybody notable out last year when we beat you on Monday night.

WOW! Even after we beat you in your house on your home opening night you still bring up last years Monday Night game, you sir are a joke please leave. Atleast show some respect and take your loss like a man, I cant believe I am writing this but you can actually learn something from Hardcore, Dolphan for life and Landshark.

Kind of like how you counted us out and killed the Jets last night. :rolleyes:

Who knew eating this much crow, could make you this much stupider! :blink:

Good luck, I hope you beat the patsies, cause I can't wait to stomp you out again, and keep the no playoff win streak alive! :rl:

I'm eating crow but you can't stop crowing. If you want to stalk me go scrub the dirt off my Nike's or something more useful boy wonder.

How does dominance taste? Like season fish at a fish fry?

Yummy!!!

WOW! Even after we beat you in your house on your home opening night you still bring up last years Monday Night game, you sir are a joke please leave. Atleast show some respect and take your loss like a man, I cant believe I am writing this but you can actually learn something from Hardcore, Dolphan for life and Landshark.

I have given you credit for your win already, have a look around. I'm here as to not show I'm just a troll who talks sh*t and runs. Take it how you give it right... so when we beat you later this year I can come back and mock you guys.

Archived