Trent Edwards released

hoping4ASuperBowl

per Rotoworld.com:

Bills released Trent Edwards.

The Bills being the Bills. They give Edwards first-team reps all offseason, decide he's their best QB, bench him after two weeks, and then dump him a week later. It's not that we disagree with playing Ryan Fitzpatrick; it's just the total lack of a coherent plan. It's a joke Buffalo didn't acquire a quarterback in the offseason. Look for Edwards to get a backup/third-string job fairly soon. Jacksonville?

Interesting move. Looks to me like Buffalo is playing for the draft, not the season. Good for me. Let 'em pick first. They are in no need of an RB. Hopefully Oakland will be supreme suckage - and the Pats can finally get a true, legit, smash RB - Mark Ingram. Then draft a real olb/pass rusher and/or sign at a VET pass rusher/OLB. We'll see.

Interesting move. Looks to me like Buffalo is playing for the draft, not the season. Good for me. Let 'em pick first. They are in no need of an RB. Hopefully Oakland will be supreme suckage - and the Pats can finally get a true, legit, smash RB - Mark Ingram. Then draft a real olb/pass rusher and/or sign at a VET pass rusher/OLB. We'll see.

I doubt Beli burns a high first on a RB. Unless they ditch the spread. Do you think that's the direction NE is leaning? It seems to me that the spread has peaked and they'll never get that 2007 offense back..

I doubt Beli burns a high first on a RB. Unless they ditch the spread. Do you think that's the direction NE is leaning? It seems to me that the spread has peaked and they'll never get that 2007 offense back..

The Pats are moving away from the spread offense.

Yesterday, they ran more 3 TE sets than they ran 5-wide spreads.

A good, bruising RB would be a good move.

How would Mark Ingram drop to the Patriots who will certianly not be picking in the top 5. Did I miss something?

Would the pats really use a first rounder on a RB? Didn't they learn from drafting Maroney.

They have two first rounders. Oakland's and their own. By all accounts, Ingram is a sure thing. I'm not draft guru - so I'm just telling you what I have heard and read. Anyway, boy would a great back do wonders for a balanced attack - and help keep this very young defense off the field.

Oakland will not be in the top 10 picks.

They'll probably take Jack Locker.

Jake Locker is the most overrated player in college football. He should stick to baseball. Washington plays nobody, and when they do, he looks mediocre and confused.

Andrew Luck is so much better it's not even funny. That said, you're probably right. The Bills probably would take Jake Locker.

They have two first rounders. Oakland's and their own. By all accounts, Ingram is a sure thing. I'm not draft guru - so I'm just telling you what I have heard and read. Anyway, boy would a great back do wonders for a balanced attack - and help keep this very young defense off the field.

Come on, well all know their is no "sure thing" when it comes to the draft.

Jake Locker is the most overrated player in college football. He should stick to baseball. Washington plays nobody, and when they do, he looks mediocre and confused.

Andrew Luck is so much better it's not even funny. That said, you're probably right. The Bills probably would take Jake Locker.

Locker needed to show a massive growth from last season to be considered the top QB. He hasn't. Andrew Luck is a name people need to know more about. He's the top QB right now.

Locker needed to show a massive growth from last season to be considered the top QB. He hasn't. Andrew Luck is a name people need to know more about. He's the top QB right now.

No doubt. I'll be shocked if Luck isn't the first QB to come off the board. He may be better than Sam Bradford was.

You can tell if you watch Locker, he's a baseball player playing QB. What I mean by that is, it's clear his athleticism is what makes him successful. He's got the measurables, but not the intangibles (intangibulz!).

I think he could be solid if he matures as a passer, but he's venturing dangerously close to Drew Henson territory IMO.

Why are you posting Patriots draft wishlist babble in week 3 of the regular season... on a Jets website. *facepalm*

You are probably right - but that team just comes up with ways to self-destruct. They keep this up for the next few weeks, I can see that team tanking.

Oakland should be at least a 7 win team this season. They play in a weak division and are actually pretty good now. The move to Bruce Gradkowski pretty much fixed their biggest problems overnight. I suspected they'd be better without JeMarcus Russell, but I did not take into account that Jason Campbell is pretty much a Russell clone. Campbell is a terrible QB.

Why are you posting Patriots draft wishlist babble in week 3 of the regular season... on a Jets website. *facepalm*

The "conversation" kind of went there with the Trent release....playing for draft position....Oakland. What? You don't get it? ;)

Archived