Hey New England and Miami

Jetsfan80

I actually disagree with this. A lot of people care about history. If you didn't, Namath would not be your hero.

Sure it's about this season. Isn't it always? To dismiss the past as irrelevant is kind of silly though.

What Jest fans have right now is hope. Pats fans look at their defense and "hope" the offense can carry it. Fleeting, yes. However, to dismiss the Pats accomplishments and to dimish the pleasure that the fan base recieved from their success is ...well, a Jets fan being a Jets fan. It's never enough to win. You must throw dirt in peoples faces.

Anyway, good luck the rest of the season. Things can turn on a dime. That's my hope, anyway. :)

Namath is not my hero because he won a Superbowl 41 years ago. I was 4 and still haven;t discovered fried food yet. Namath is my hero because of how he did it and the effect he had on the game. I grew up in NY and one of my Uncles went to Alabama the same time Namath did. His stories made me aspire to be the ladies man I am today. Crushlove exist cause of Joe Willy.

I was simply kicking Tx around because he's doing his typical troll thing. Truth is Im not hopeful at all for this season, Im more the type to wait for the reality of the SOJ to kick in. You came in on a pushing match between us nothing more.

I'm not dismissing the Pats accomplishments but they have been tarnished and like it or not thats just the way it is. Your time is done Chowderella. It may be back by the end of this season, but as of right now your just the same as everyone else, in contention. Last years AFC champs who got hammered in the playoffs.

So all of the Pat fans can join together and tell storiesd of the time when we where a Dynasty. but in 2010 The Dynasty is Over unless Tommy and the Dark Lord are raising the Lokmbardi this year.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Namath is not my hero because he won a Superbowl 41 years ago. I was 4 and still haven;t discovered fried food yet. Namath is my hero because of how he did it and the effect he had on the game. I grew up in NY and one of my Uncles went to Alabama the same time Namath did. His stories made me aspire to be the ladies man I am today. Crushlove exist cause of Joe Willy.

I was simply kicking Tx around because he's doing his typical troll thing. Truth is Im not hopeful at all for this season, Im more the type to wait for the reality of the SOJ to kick in. You came in on a pushing match between us nothing more.

I'm not dismissing the Pats accomplishments but they have been tarnished and like it or not thats just the way it is. Your time is done Chowderella. It may be back by the end of this season, but as of right now your just the same as everyone else, in contention. Last years AFC champs who got hammered in the playoffs.

So all of the Pat fans can join together and tell storiesd of the time when we where a Dynasty. but in 2010 The Dynasty is Over unless Tommy and the Dark Lord are raising the Lokmbardi this year.

It won't be this year. Maybe next year (if there is a season), but certainly not this season unless BB miraculously turns the defense around and realizes that the 3-4 contain type defense 'aint the way to stop teams the the NFL - which has definitely changed in favor of offense, offense, offense. Sh*t, you can't breathe on a receiver without getting flagged for it. Thank Polain for that. You can't breathe on a QB either - thank Bernard Pollard for that one (oops...there's that past thing rearing it's ugly head in the present again ;)). Ah, I still have my awesome SB dvds to keep me warm this season....sad...I do love their two new shiney toys though. Hernandez and Gronkowski. You know me....glass half full. LOL!

Anyway, so sorry Cheeseburger, didn't mean to get in the middle of your sandbox fight with Tex.

It won't be this year. Maybe next year (if there is a season), but certainly not this season unless BB miraculously turns the defense around and realizes that the 3-4 contain type defense 'aint the way to stop teams the the NFL - which has definitely changed in favor of offense, offense, offense. Sh*t, you can't breathe on a receiver without getting flagged for it. Thank Polain for that. You can't breathe on a QB either - thank Bernard Pollard for that one (oops...there's that past thing rearing it's ugly head in the present again ;)). Ah, I still have my awesome SB dvds to keep me warm this season....sad...I do love their two new shiney toys though. Hernandez and Gronkowski. You know me....glass half full. LOL!

Anyway, so sorry Cheeseburger, didn't mean to get in the middle of your sandbox fight with Tex.

No problem lovely.

Last 17 games the 2 teams have played:

Pats: 13-4

Jets: 4-13

Are you a math major?

No but the stats do not lie...

1960-1969 (AFL, Jets 12-7-1)

1970-1979 (Jets 12-8)

1980-1989 (Patriots 12-8)

1990-1999 (Jets 11-7)

2000-2009 (Patriots 14-7)

2010-Today(Jets 1-0)

Now if you calculate that correctly, that means the New York Jets have won more game in both teams history (51-48-1) and though in the last 31 years (1980-2010) the Patriots (33-27-0) Have won more games, they are now a much OLDER team than Rex Ryan's Jets of 2010 - Both the Monday Night game against us & especially Sunday's game against Buffalo proved that...

All I can say, just like the rest of us have been trying to tell you - WAIT & LEARN TX, Wait & learn!

No but the stats do not lie...

1960-1969 (AFL, Jets 12-7-1)

1970-1979 (Jets 12-8)

1980-1989 (Patriots 12-8)

1990-1999 (Jets 11-7)

2000-2009 (Patriots 14-7)

2010-Today(Jets 1-0)

Now if you calculate that correctly, that means the New York Jets have won more game in both teams history (51-48-1) and though in the last 31 years (1980-2010) the Patriots (33-27-0) Have won more games, they are now a much OLDER team than Rex Ryan's Jets of 2010 - Both the Monday Night game against us & especially Sunday's game against Buffalo proved that...

All I can say, just like the rest of us have been trying to tell you - WAIT & LEARN TX, Wait & learn!

Baumer, I've been getting blasted from Jets fans for bringing up the the last 9 years, and you post some stats going back to 1960?

Ayway, hope all is well.

Poison isn't metal.

Speaking of poison, I hit all the LA rock clubs on my trip a few weeks ago and CC Deville came in to the Rainbow bar & grill a couple tables down from us.

Oh, and to no hijack the thread....there was no shortage of phin fans proclamining their greatness after one win against Buffalo.

GO JETS!

Let me get this right. The Jets, Pats & Dolphin are all 2-1.

Ravens beat Jets. Pats beat Bengals. Bengals beat Ravens. Dolphins beat Buffalo. Pats beat Buffalo. Jets beat Dolphins. Is your head spinning yet? 3 games have been played and the only thing we know is that Braylon Edwards likes to get his drink on and do a stupid dance when he scores a touchdown.

Ravens beat Jets. Pats beat Bengals. Bengals beat Ravens. Dolphins beat Buffalo. Pats beat Buffalo. Jets beat Dolphins. Is your head spinning yet? 3 games have been played and the only thing we know is that Braylon Edwards likes to get his drink on and do a stupid dance when he scores a touchdown.

I don't care who else beat who, I care that we're 2-0 in the division and in first place.

Last year all we won was two division games, considering where they got last year, I'd say the Jets are off to a good start.

There was a good chance the Jets would open 0-3 remember. :rl:

Don't dis the Dougie.

Where did I say that? Paranoid.

Youre scared to go because the Jets might lose.

Wow, there's a major leap.

You throw out a thinly veiled threat, I call you on it and now I am scared to go because the Jets might lose? Wow you really are a bandwagoner aren't you?

I'm a Jets fan. If I was ever scared to see them lose I would never leave my house. I sat in Alltel Stadium as the Jets were destroyed 41-0 by the Jaguars in a beating that was so bad the Jaguar fans didn't even have the heart to rub it in our faces so instead they patted me on the back and actually apologized to me for their team kicking the Jets asses so badly which made me feel even worse than if they had been asshats about it.

There is nothing Pats fans can do that would make me feel worse than sitting next to a Dolphins fan when Marino pulled off the fake spike and then having to ride two and a half hours home with the obnoxious prick having to listen to him recount the play over and over until I grabbed his hat and threw it out the window on the Garden State Parkway as we crossed the Raritan River.

Scared to go because the Jets might lose? That thought would never enter my mind.

And also that the Jets are better than the Patriots and Dolphins. That too.

Congrats on your September championship.

That along with your off-season (41 years in a row) championship should qualify the Jets as the next NFL dynasty.

I'm wondering how long your leash is here (this time around) because it's sounding like you're slipping back into that ball busting BS stuff instead of talking football.

Congrats on your September championship.

That along with your off-season (41 years in a row) championship should qualify the Jets as the next NFL dynasty.

I'm gonna save you some time right now Mike: when the Jets clinch the division we know you are going to say "congrats on winning the division, when you win the Super Bowl for the first time in 41 years come and talk to me." So just cut that and keep it in your clipboard for when its official. :rolleyes:

Thats not all we know. We know that Rex Ryan and Mark Sanchez are 2-1 vs. Brady and BB.

Did you get the multi-disc sets with the bonus coverage of the other team's walk-thru and defensive signals?

Seeing that the walk-thru proved bogus, no. And, for the gazillionth time: the taping "scandal" was because they did it from a forbidden part of the field. ESPN decided to run with a story about something that all teams do - apparently properly.

Seeing that the walk-thru proved bogus, no. And, for the gazillionth time: the taping "scandal" was because they did it from a forbidden part of the field. ESPN decided to run with a story about something that all teams do - apparently properly.

For the gazillion and first time you are wrong and this is nothing more than equivocation designed to absolve the Patriots in your mind so you can accept rooting for a bunch of cheating scumbags who never won anything legitimately.

The Pats were guilty of illegally taping coaches sending in signals. That is what they got docked a draft pick for and why they were hit with record fines totalling three-quarters of a million dollars. In addition to that, they were also guilty of taping from a forbidden part of the field.

They would not have been docked a draft pick had they simply been taping from a forbidden place.

For the gazillion and first time you are wrong and this is nothing more than equivocation designed to absolve the Patriots in your mind so you can accept rooting for a bunch of cheating scumbags who never won anything legitimately.

The Pats were guilty of illegally taping coaches sending in signals. That is what they got docked a draft pick for and why they were hit with record fines totalling three-quarters of a million dollars. In addition to that, they were also guilty of taping from a forbidden part of the field.

They would not have been docked a draft pick had they simply been taping from a forbidden place.

all teams tape and do thigns like this to obtain a competitive advantage, the faux outrage over the pats getting caught is hypocritical

Archived