The Bills game is a perfect early season trap game.

SenorGato

Anyone else thinking this? They put 32 up on the Pats...they never play us easy, ever...we're on the road again...our D looked shaky this week...as crappy as they are this is still the NFL where parity rules...

There is something to be said for a Q.B's first game. Most teams have a hard time playing them without game film. It happens all the time. See Matt Moore last year and see Matt Moore now. Now that there are 4 Q's of game film teams will be able to plan properly. I'm not worried.

Division games should never be trap games.

This. Especially after how dependent we've been the past few years on tiebreakers, we should never take a divisional game for granted even if the team is 0-3 and should suck on paper.

Sanchez should take it personally to do well this week. He had his worst game as a pro last year against Buffalo.

This. Especially after how dependent we've been the past few years on tiebreakers, we should never take a divisional game for granted even if the team is 0-3 and should suck on paper.

Sanchez should take it personally to do well this week. He had his worst game as a pro last year against Buffalo.

And thats all the more reason Sanchez should prepare and go out there and do better than he's done the past couple of weeks. Prove the critics wrong yet again with their "Well, which Mark Sanchez are we gonna see today?....harharharhar".

I would love to see Sanchez go out there and set career highs again.

Huge trap game, Jets must get it done no excuses!

A trap game implies that the team is somehow "looking ahead' to the next week's opponent and disregarding this weeks.

Week 5 the Jets have the Vikings,

NO reason to be looking ahead.

If the Jets are flat, it is all on Rex Ryan and the staff, because all they preached was "home field for playoffs", and you get that first by winning your division. Best way to win the division is to beat the teams in your division.

This game represents no trap, unless priorities are off

Yes they do.

Then the Jet coaching staff has no business being on the sideline.

Tell us exactly why the Jets would be looking forward to the Minnesota Vikings, when the Bills game means a half game more to them (in Rex's terminology).

The Jets very well may lose this game, if they are outplayed on the field. But, if the jets get caught in a "trap" in the 4th game of the year in a division game, then heads should be culpable.

I think some of you like to hitch onto catchy venacular, without an idea what it really means. Go ahead and explain how the Jets are looking over a division squad to Minnesota.

Then the Jet coaching staff has no business being on the sideline.

Tell us exactly why the Jets would be looking forward to the Minnesota Vikings, when the Bills game means a half game more to them (in Rex's terminology).

The Jets very well may lose this game, if they are outplayed on the field. But, if the jets get caught in a "trap" in the 4th game of the year in a division game, then heads should be culpable.

I think some of you like to hitch onto catchy venacular, without an idea what it really means. Go ahead and explain how the Jets are looking over a division squad to Minnesota.

It's more down to the fact that the players can collectively underestimate a team - Very little to do with the game after that. Divisional game or not, the Bills look pretty awful. At 0-3 the Jets might not look forward to Minny, they just might not bring it all against Buffalo. In the back of their minds players can get caught in the trap of thinking all they need to do is show up to win a game.

sh*t like this happens pretty often in the NFL. Goods teams coming out flat against bad ones and then not being able to match them.

It's more down to the fact that the players can collectively underestimate a team - Very little to do with the game after that. Divisional game or not, the Bills look pretty awful. At 0-3 the Jets might not look forward to Minny, they just might not bring it all against Buffalo. In the back of their minds players can get caught in the trap of thinking all they need to do is show up to win a game.

sh*t like this happens pretty often in the NFL. Goods teams coming out flat against bad ones and then not being able to match them.

You don't know the definition of a trap game-Trap games are games where teams get caught looking AHEAD. So you are incorrect there.

Football teams fail most because of poor preparation. That is on the coaching staff. Coaching staffs set the agenda. Football teams are not like women, who if they hang out long enough together, began menstruating at the same time. There are no mind menstruating tricks that take place with a football team.

If the coaching staff places the proper importance to the game, then the players heads will be with it.

It sounds like you should buy a dog, because you are looking for excuses to be afraid.

You don't know the definition of a trap game-Trap games are games where teams get caught looking AHEAD. So you are incorrect there.

Football teams fail most because of poor preparation. That is on the coaching staff. Coaching staffs set the agenda. Football teams are not like women, who if they hang out long enough together, began menstruating at the same time. There are no mind menstruating tricks that take place with a football team.

If the coaching staff places the proper importance to the game, then the players heads will be with it.

I don't think the concern is looking ahead, the concern is 40+ years of history, let-downs, and SoJ moments.

It sounds like you should buy a dog, because you are looking for excuses to be afraid.

it is a division game, but not a rivalry game and the bills are 0-3

this game scares the crap outta me. the bills have a stable of running backs, we can't cover anybody, and it's in buffalo and they are desperate for their first win. I hate playing winless teams this early. once they get to 0-8, they'll pack it in for amonth and then try to win in december. once they get thier first win they'll relax a bit. but that 0-3, 0-4 winless team is really going to give a huge effort and come out with huge energy.

it may not be a literal trap game, it may be a simple "played down to the level of the competition" game or a "didn't take them seriously" game

I don't care what you call it, but I'm calling it scary

Hopefully the team isn't completely wiped from the shootout in the Miami humidity. That would be my only concern, and its a small one. Otherwise, this simply doesn't have the makings of a trap game. We went 2-4 in AFC East play last year, including a horrific OT loss to the Bills at home. No way we look past them.

Archived