Is it time to bench Matt Slauson?

He has looked shaky at LG and he does not seem to be in synch with Brick. I think that it is time for Rob Turner to take over as the starter. God forbid anything happens to Mangold, he can still slide to the middle and then Slauson could take over at LG.

He has looked shaky at LG and he does not seem to be in synch with Brick. I think that it is time for Rob Turner to take over as the starter. God forbid anything happens to Mangold, he can still slide to the middle and then Slauson could take over at LG.

Maybe Vlad has learned enough to take Slauson's spot? Btw, can someone tell me how many penalties Slauson has been called for so far this season? I know hes been penalized the most out of all the offensive lineman.

Maybe Vlad has learned enough to take Slauson's spot? Btw, can someone tell me how many penalties Slauson has been called for so far this season? I know hes been penalized the most out of all the offensive lineman.

I don't think Vlad will be ready this year, or at least not yet anyway. At this point, I'd try Turner before Vlad.

Slauson has a ton of penalties, but I bet they tell him to take them if he gets burned, so not to see Sanchez get killed.

The problem is he's getting burned too much.

no.its his 3rd nfl game.he is decent in pass protection and decent in run blocking.kid needs some more seasoning,however,the holding penalties do not bother me.it is part of football.i will take 5 holding penalties with 0 qb hits anyday and twice on sunday.you can overcome a 10 yarder but sacks are alot harder to overcome.he will get better game by game

Personally, I don't think Vlad gets a shot to start this year unless there are injuries. All the games count now and it's playing with fire to just throw him out there without seeing him in live action. I wouldn't mind seeing him in a jumbo package though where he just has to move a guy off the line.

Let Slauson work out his issues. He hasn't been bad enough to warrant benching yet. That, and we've just scored 28 and 31 points the past two games. It's not broken. Don't fix it.

Personally, I don't think Vlad gets a shot to start this year unless there are injuries. All the games count now and it's playing with fire to just throw him out there without seeing him in live action. I wouldn't mind seeing him in a jumbo package though where he just has to move a guy off the line.

Let Slauson work out his issues. He hasn't been bad enough to warrant benching yet. That, and we've just scored 28 and 31 points the past two games. It's not broken. Don't fix it.

Playing with fire? Sometimes things work out better that way don't they though? Revis was thrown into the fire, along with Mangold, Sanchez, and Wilson (Given he's not where he should be yet). But I'm getting tired of hearing Slauson's name on penalties again and again. Vlad has more upside than Slauson, IMHO. Throw him in there.

Rob Turner.

Good idea Dbates. Im not willing to put Ducasse in right now. That'll get Sanchez killed. However, this is the bed we made. Rob Turner might not be so bad though if we were to bench Slauson.

My opinion, keep him in. The experience will do wonders for him in the future. He has to learn sometime. And to be honest, Id rather have him hold then to get the QB killed. Those are things that you can teach through technique to stop.

Good idea Dbates. Im not willing to put Ducasse in right now. That'll get Sanchez killed. However, this is the bed we made. Rob Turner might not be so bad though if we were to bench Slauson.

Not my idea, but I'm certainly on board with it now.

My opinion, keep him in. The experience will do wonders for him in the future. He has to learn sometime. And to be honest, Id rather have him hold then to get the QB killed. Those are things that you can teach through technique to stop.

If he sucks, learning won't do anything for him. May as well see what Turner can do.

Stop the nonsense Slausen is doing ok hes far from the total disaster some of you are making him out to be. He will Improve with every game.

I agree.

I rewatched the Pats game focusing on Slauson. Guy is dominating at the POA in the run game. Several beautiful pancakes. He just hasn’t gotten it in the passing game yet.

Has a horrible time deciding who to take in stunt, and blitz situations, and frequently takes the wrong guy leaving D-Brick on a limb. He holds when he is confused.

I think he will learn, but right now teams are putting pressure on him when they watch the tapes. If he is going to improve he needs to play. I think he is actually doing OK at the moment. The holding call on the TD was BS

Give the kid some time he’ll be fine.

Yeah. I wouldn't mind seeing RT and I'm hoping Vlad is the long term answer but Slausen hasn't been a complete disaster. He's just not that good.

I'm also just amazed how much better Brandon Moore plays from when he first started. Guy looked like a scrub for many years and then all of a sudden we run to his side all the time.

Should we have benched Sanchez last season when he threw 20 INT's or was it a good idea to let him work through the natural growing pains of a first year starter and reap the benefits when he matured?

The kid has made mistakes but hasn't been all that bad.

Can we give him some time? It was his 3rd start. And he isnt that bad, we still got around 150 yards on the ground. All the hysteria surrounding this subject is making it sound like the pete kendall thing all over again and it isnt that sort of thing. He is sandwiched between two pro bowlers and is coached by the best o line coach in the biz. its the best situation for a first time starting guard.

Matt Slauson f*ckin irks me.

you should have heard ME last night SG-they kept showing him on screen and kept saying "you blanking a$$hole-blank you you fruck"

Vladimir DuCasse is the guy we all assumed would be the starter after we drafted him. After seeing him almost get Sanchez killed a couple of times in PS it's come down to "oh no, they are going to activate him this week" Wow

Rob Turner.

I think the assumption with Turner is that if you put him in in at LG now, and then if Mangold or Woody get knocked out, you're stuck with Ducasse or Slauson playing a position which they've barely practiced for this year. And that's a pretty big matzoh ball to be dealing with considering how bad both have looked at a position they've seen significant time in. Don't underestimate the fact that Turner was pretty awesome subbing in for Mangold in the win against the Patriots. His role in that fashion becomes even more important with Hunter missing time. I'm not saying I agree with it, but I can kind of see why. Either way you're risking shooting yourself in the foot.

I do think Tannenbaum's one mistake of this past offseason was overestimating what he had going into camp. There were a couple of decent OG's available this past offseason and I can't for the life of me understand why he embraced the Ducasse/Slauson battle. Especially since he saw firsthand what happened with the Kendall fiasco.

D'Brick had penalties in 2 of his first 3 games, including one that negated a TD in the opener vs the Titans. Gave up 10 sacks that year and 13.5 in year 2. Wasn't lined up against Jason Taylor every week either. Two months ago the Jets gave him a $10M per year extension.

I'd say it's early yet to declare he's the worst thing in the world. He may be, but it's early yet.

Archived