Brett Ratliff Cut FRom Jaguars Practice Squad

idahojetsfan

Yes, but usually if a young QB has a good preseason, as Ratliff did, you generally hear from them later. Ratliff basically disappeared, with little chance to show what he can do. That is unusual.

It's not that a good preseason automatically entitles you to an NFL career. It's that coming off a good preseason, most teams make it their business to see what you can do, one way or the other. That didn't happen with Ratliff.

Maybe that's because he tried one throw in coverage in that preseason which was an awful pick and we can only assume he didn't exactly light up practice for any team.

Basically, the fact that all he showed he was capable of was hitting a wide open WR deep. The ability to have a catch w/ David Clowney doesn't make you an NFL QB.

He lead us on some nice sustained drives as well. I didnt base my evaluation on 2 bombs to Clowny but I also did not have the luxery of seeing him in practice everyday either. That being said some of the greatest players in NFL histroy are known Practice Slouches and go nuts in games its all about what mindset your in at game time I guess. Either way All I ever wanted was to see the kid get the shot to play in a few games. I think he at the very least deserved that due to the QB situation in Cleveland and Jacksonville being Horrible. I can understand Jacksonville maybe he just did not have the time to learn the offense and produce.

Archived