Joe McKnight....

oxscott

has COMPLETELY screwed us. Not only is he completely worthless - but because of his "hype" and prospective talent, we have kept him on the team....and now the final straw has dropped - he has cost us 2 very valuable players that would be able to contribute to our team, this year! Danny Woodhead has been paying his dues for the past few years on our PS, and has been fighting and scrapping every year - he then gets picked up by the Pats, scores in his first game, and looked good in the 3rd down role. Now today, Chauncey Washington gets picked up by the Rams and WILL contribute to the team whether is is at the RB spot, or a valuable Special Teams player.

McKnight has done nothing but fumble, whine, vomit, fail tests, fall short of EVERY expectation, and cost us two gamers who wanted to contribute to the NY JETS and now has given us zero depth behind a 32 year old RB, and an injury prone Shonne Green.

I hate you Joe McKnight, I hate you!

has COMPLETELY screwed us. Not only is he completely worthless - but because of his "hype" and prospective talent, we have kept him on the team....and now the final straw has dropped - he has cost us 2 very valuable players that would be able to contribute to our team, this year! Danny Woodhead has been paying his dues for the past few years on our PS, and has been fighting and scrapping every year - he then gets picked up by the Pats, scores in his first game, and looked good in the 3rd down role. Now today, Chauncey Washington gets picked up by the Rams and WILL contribute to the team whether is is at the RB spot, or a valuable Special Teams player.

McKnight has done nothing but fumble, whine, vomit, fail tests, fall short of EVERY expectation, and cost us two gamers who wanted to contribute to the NY JETS and now has given us zero depth behind a 32 year old RB, and an injury prone Shonne Green.

I hate you Joe McKnight, I hate you!

I could not agree more. This news makes me SICK!!!!! I love this regime, but really do question some of the personnel moves this season. This is ridiculous that we let someone like Leon, Chauncy and woodhead go all for someone who sucks but was a high draft pick.

He was a 4th round pick for a reason, and he's not dead yet.

I agree he cost us two decent players, but his upside is better.

He has raw talent, and hopefully that will manifest itself for us soon.

I really did not expect him to be much of a factor this year anyway.

I know we got lucky a few times, but 4th round picks do not usually come in and make an impact in year 1.

He was a 4th round pick for a reason, and he's not dead yet.

I agree he cost us two decent players, but his upside is better.

He has raw talent, and hopefully that will manifest itself for us soon.

I really did not expect him to be much of a factor this year anyway.

I know we got lucky a few times, but 4th round picks do not usually come in and make an impact in year 1.

This.

McKnight is definitely a player I'm rooting for.

Hating on him is misplaced. The Jets opted (to trade up!) to draft him. If you have to hate someone, hate Tannenbaum for the pick and his subsequent bottom of the roster games.

If you really want to complain about it, at most he cost us one player, considering the Jets wouldn't have had both Woodhead AND Washington on the roster if he wasn't here. Although it's retarded to blame him anyway. The Jets are the ones who drafted him and the Jets are the ones who kept him over those two guys. If you have an issue it's with Tanny and Rex, nobody else. That said, the guy has an infinitely higher upside than either of the two guys the Jets lost, and if he turns it around the Jets will be proven to have made the right decision.

As for Chauncey I agree McNightmare cost us him-bad trade off too IMO. As for Woodhead I will place Mike T's decision to re-sign David Clowney over keeping him as the reason he's now a Patriot. Clowney sucks, he has never grown into the guy they envisioned him to be. He has never gotten even one iota better in 3 years here. I hope that when Santonio comes back in two weeks I never have to see him in a Jets uniform again.

Do other fan bases get this upset when a guy gets signed off their practice squad?

it's a big deal bjr--I don't know how other team's fanbases react to this kind of stuff but I DO know us Jets fans are really plugged in to what is happening with our team-and that's a good thing.

If you really want to complain about it, at most he cost us one player, considering the Jets wouldn't have had both Woodhead AND Washington on the roster if he wasn't here. Although it's retarded to blame him anyway. The Jets are the ones who drafted him and the Jets are the ones who kept him over those two guys. If you have an issue it's with Tanny and Rex, nobody else. That said, the guy has an infinitely higher upside than either of the two guys the Jets lost, and if he turns it around the Jets will be proven to have made the right decision.

its retarded to blame a player who was given every opportunity to succeed, and fail, not only with being lazy by coming into camp out of shape, but not working hard at ball security, and just a general lack luster attitude - ohh hell yeah i blame the player - because this wouldnt be an issue if he wasnt an a$$

and no, it has cost us 2 players - because i count our practice squad as value, and depth - which, now, we have none.

you are ridiculous if you dont hold a player accountable for his actions...or in this case, lack of....

The Jets drafted him - but they dont play for him

As for Chauncey I agree McNightmare cost us him-bad trade off too IMO. As for Woodhead I will place Mike T's decision to re-sign David Clowney over keeping him as the reason he's now a Patriot. Clowney sucks, he has never grown into the guy they envisioned him to be. He has never gotten even one iota better in 3 years here. I hope that when Santonio comes back in two weeks I never have to see him in a Jets uniform again.

i agree with that...clowney is just as worthless, and woodhead should still be on this team because of his ability to play different positions

This.

Hating on him is misplaced. The Jets opted (to trade up!) to draft him. If you have to hate someone, hate Tannenbaum for the pick and his subsequent bottom of the roster games.

Personally, I hate on McKnight because he came in with serious questions about his commitment to the game and proceeded to show up at both minicamp and training camp out of shape. Then he proceeded to go out and be horrible on the actual field of play. IMO, there was zero justification to keep him on the roster other than the fact that Tannenbaum is protecting a draft pick.

Personally, I hate on McKnight because he came in with serious questions about his commitment to the game and proceeded to show up at both minicamp and training camp out of shape. Then he proceeded to go out and be horrible on the actual field of play. IMO, there was zero justification to keep him on the roster other than the fact that Tannenbaum is protecting a draft pick.

Absolutely. It was no secret that the guy was one of the highest recruited players in the Nation coming out of High School and he didnt meet expectation is college because he was lazy. He relied purely on talent which you can get away with playing for USC in the PAC 10. Not in the NFL.

Why anyone thought that would change in the NFL is beyond me.

It is inaccurate to say that keeping a roster space open for the deadweight McVomit cost the Jets BOTH Washington and Woodhead. It cost the Jets one of them, but not both.

If the Jets had cut McKnight and kept Woodhead on the active roster, the Rams could have still signed Washington. Had Washington been on the active roster, then the Patriots could have still signed Woodhead.

But both Woodhead and Washington are better players and more deserving of a roster spot than McKnight.

Absolutely. It was no secret that the guy was one of the highest recruited players in the Nation coming out of High School and he didnt meet expectation is college because he was lazy. He relied purely on talent which you can get away with playing for USC in the PAC 10. Not in the NFL.

Why anyone thought that would change in the NFL is beyond me.

And when you factor in the paycut he took by leaving USC for the NFL....

Jokes aside, I'll reserve judgment till I see the kid a little more. Maybe looking like sh*t on Hardknocks and being thrown on the Non Active list wakes him up.

It is inaccurate to say that keeping a roster space open for the deadweight McVomit cost the Jets BOTH Washington and Woodhead. It cost the Jets one of them, but not both.

If the Jets had cut McKnight and kept Woodhead on the active roster, the Rams could have still signed Washington. Had Washington been on the active roster, then the Patriots could have still signed Woodhead.

But both Woodhead and Washington are better players and more deserving of a roster spot than McKnight.

no, Clowney cost us Woodhead and McKnight us Chauncey is the way it worked out

Man, you guys really know how to pile it on a rookie who's having his problems, don't you?

Saying a guy is no good and should be cut is one thing. You fellas seem intent on saying he's totally ruined the whole roster.

And yes, you generally keep your fourth round choice a year even if he looks bad. Oddly, it not that unusual to cut fifth round picks the first year.

This.

+1

McKnight sucks, its not his fault. He's just not cut out for the NFL. Thats on the Jets for being morons and trading up for this waste of space.

You aren't allowed one bad pick per year? Considering most teams make at least three a year this isn't a tragedy.

That being said. Grow some balls McKnight and run the damn ball like a man

And when you factor in the paycut he took by leaving USC for the NFL....

Jokes aside, I'll reserve judgment till I see the kid a little more. Maybe looking like sh*t on Hardknocks and being thrown on the Non Active list wakes him up.

I dunno, you'd think knowing you are 1st round talent and missed the big bucks because your lazy would light a fire under your a$$....but it didnt.

You aren't allowed one bad pick per year? Considering most teams make at least three a year this isn't a tragedy.

That being said. Grow some balls McKnight and run the damn ball like a man

Absolutely, I was saying dont hate McKnight, hate the Jets for trading up for the guy. He doesnt ruin our draft, but he doesnt help it either. Also doesnt help that Wilson is getting scorched and Vlad cant find the field.

But I'm not going to complain about our drafting, other than Gholston, Tanny has done a great job in the dept.

its retarded to blame a player who was given every opportunity to succeed, and fail, not only with being lazy by coming into camp out of shape, but not working hard at ball security, and just a general lack luster attitude - ohh hell yeah i blame the player - because this wouldnt be an issue if he wasnt an a$$

and no, it has cost us 2 players - because i count our practice squad as value, and depth - which, now, we have none.

you are ridiculous if you dont hold a player accountable for his actions...or in this case, lack of....

The Jets drafted him - but they dont play for him

It doesn't matter what you count the practice squad as, if the Jets cut McKnight only one of either Woodhead or Washington make the team, meaning the other is still on the practice squad which still allows them to be freely plucked away, just as Washington just was by the Rams. So the Jets were losing one of those guys regardless of anything McKnight did, so at most you can only try to blame him for the loss of one. As far as how much he sucks, while you can criticize him for that, it was not his choice to be drafted by the Jets and it was not his choice to be kept on the roster over Woodhead and Washington. Criticize the player for his play all you like, but blaming him for other guys getting cut is just looking for a scapegoat. Again, your beef is with Tanny and Rex.

That said, I'm not overly concerned about either player becoming something irreplaceable for the Jets. The Jets are a team who've been getting pilfered of practice squad RBs for years now and manage to be just fine at the position. Besides, with Greene and LT, none of these guys had a shot in hell in seeing the field anyway.

Archived