Revis impact on Jets D

Revis wasn't healthy nor in game shape from being a selfish diva and sitting out camp.. that's kind of the point. If Revis was in 2009 form, i think our stats would be significantly better

sure...but my point is, we are winning without him....so what does this all matter?

sure...but my point is, we are winning without him....so what does this all matter?

we're only wnning because Sanchex decided to play like a first round draft pick again. He's been our most valuable player the last 2 weeks, which is awesome, but a surprise

Winning now is nice, but winning the last game in February is the goal. Jets aren't in contention for that without Revis getting healthy and back on HoF track.

As you said, the secondary is struggling a little bit. Those struggles evaporate when all the CB's move one spot lower on the depth chart upon Revis' return.

This wasn't meant to be an exhaustive analysis ;)

LOL

This was actually the first time I looked at this yrs stats. I've purposely avoided looking at them. I prefer to wait for the bye in order to get a better guage where the Jets stand offensively/defensively compared to the rest of the NFL and to last yr.

We do know that this Jets defense has been without Jenkins, Pace, and a healthy Revis & Pool. Pool is forgotten about but he's only now being given significant playing time. He'll likely be the starter against the Bills. The Jets are essentially without 4 key starters on defense and that, together, is going to impact the stats.

Nevertheless, it is telling that Pool, only in the system for 3 games was able to execute the TE "corners" coverage to perfection while Strickland, after 14 games in the system, could not.

we're only wnning because Sanchex decided to play like a first round draft pick again. He's been our most valuable player the last 2 weeks, which is awesome, but a surprise

We are also winning because our defense is holding opponents to less points than we are scoring. Isnt that the primary function? And I think all of us in the F Mevis camp new that it was going to take Sanchez to step it up.

Winning now is nice, but winning the last game in February is the goal. Jets aren't in contention for that without Revis getting healthy and back on HoF track.

As you said, the secondary is struggling a little bit. Those struggles evaporate when all the CB's move one spot lower on the depth chart upon Revis' return.

How can you say that? You dont know that? That is pure speculation because you lick the sweat of Mevis's nuts. We just beat a team thats had our number 3 straights games without him and this time they had a true WR threat they didnt have when he was around for those last 3 losses. And we just beat the best team in our division over the last decade without him...so...dont really see what the difference is between now and then.

Our secondary is struggling, but who's to say those struggles wont "evaporate" because of continuity and familiarity with the system?

If we're being reductionist, why not point out that we scored a TD with Turner at center and conclude that Mangold is replaceable?

Did we score on that drive or did we just get a good drive? Honestly dont remember. But either way, that was one series in a game in which he returned...not 1 half that we played better without him and a game we won without him. I'd say that isnt quite the same.

How can you say that? You dont know that? That is pure speculation because you lick the sweat of Mevis's nuts. We just beat a team thats had our number 3 straights games without him and this time they had a true WR threat they didnt have when he was around for those last 3 losses. And we just beat the best team in our division over the last decade without him...so...dont really see what the difference is between now and then.

Our secondary is struggling, but who's to say those struggles wont "evaporate" because of continuity and familiarity with the system?

<a%20href=GayAgenda.jpg">

C'mon, man, are the Jets a better team with a healthy Revis, or not?

Thats a funny picture.

This season the Jets have been a better team without him...will that change when he returns? Who knows?

I know you can't remember the last time you were wrong but...

Do you really think we would have done worse against the phags with him?

2-0 without 'Relle, 0-1 with him.

Those are the only stats that matter.

Check out the giants stats, you got enough there to keep you busy for weeks!

They're playing worse and worse every week, and right now they're playing like the middle of next month.

God Bless Herb Brooks!

I know you can't remember the last time you were wrong but...

Do you really think we would have done worse against the phags with him?

I actually remembered the last time I was wrong after I posted that comment. I was wrong about LT, he's got something left in the tank. Beyond that, you got me...

To answer your question, I have no clue. All I know is...we lost to the Ravens with Mevis. We were losing to the Patriots with Mevis and then he didnt come out after the 2nd half and the Jets have been playing winning Football since. Fact. Everything else is speculation.

I actually remembered the last time I was wrong after I posted that comment. I was wrong about LT, he's got something left in the tank. Beyond that, you got me...

To answer your question, I have no clue. All I know is...we lost to the Ravens with Mevis. We were losing to the Patriots with Mevis and then he didnt come out after the 2nd half and the Jets have been playing winning Football since. Fact. Everything else is speculation.

True, care to speculate?

I'm a donkey for stating facts?

Sorry dudes. I think the truth is hurting all you "we cant survive without" Mevis ball lickers.

Facts?

Nice to see the Jets winning with offense, but the fact is that the league's #1 passing dee by far last year is struggling without Revis at 100%. The fact is they've proven to be much better in Rex's system with him back there.

Revis called and said he's sorry he stole your lunch money.

I'm a donkey for stating facts?

Sorry dudes. I think the truth is hurting all you "we cant survive without" Mevis ball lickers.

Rex has not made the playoffs as HC w/out revis..

there's another fact

and I blame Revis completely for holding out, i just have the ability to seperate the two things. Being a selfish prick doesn't mean he's not the key to our defense, you depthless cacksmoker

• Upvote 1

True, care to speculate?

IDK maybe the d will be better and the o will be worse?

Facts?

Nice to see the Jets winning with offense, but the fact is that the league's #1 passing dee by far last year is struggling without Revis at 100%. The fact is they've proven to be much better in Rex's system with him back there.

Revis called and said he's sorry he stole your lunch money.

He stole it so he could get some baby powder for his nuts so they dont taste as bad when they rest in your mouth.

They are struggling because the entire starting secondary minus Leonhard is brand new to the system. Yes, the Jets offense is better, but the defense still has to hold opponents to less points which interestingly enough, they've been able to do when Mevis isnt around.

What would you rather have? A winning team without Mevis or a great passing D that goes 9-7 with Mevis?

Edited by JiF

there's another fact

and I blame Revis completely for holding out, i just have the ability to seperate the two things. Being a selfish prick doesn't mean he's not the key to our defense, you depthless cacksmoker

Thats a beautiful fact. He's also coordinated the best D in the league without Mevis too. Fact.

And me think if Sanchez keeps playing the way he is, he'd make the playoffs without Mevis.

I have the ability to separate the 2 as well, unfortunately, I've seen with my own 2 eyes that Mevis clearly isnt necessary to win.

there's another fact

This!

Nice to see the Model bail us out too!

Thats a beautiful fact. He's also coordinated the best D in the league without Mevis too. Fact.

And me think if Sanchez keeps playing the way he is, he'd make the playoffs without Mevis.

More speculation, but agreed. What i said in my intial post was that the defense isn't as good but sancex stepping up has made that moot

I have the ability to separate the 2 as well, unfortunately, I've seen with my own 2 eyes that Mevis clearly isnt necessary to win.

whose saying it's neccesary?

Maybe, and which do you suppose Revis would have the greater effect on?

Dude, you are asking me to be Nostradamus over here...I got no F'ing clue.

I think the offense and defense stepped it up with him out. We looked lock down deadly against the Pats the 2nd half and the Miami offense just owns us...so I dont know.

Obviously Mevis makes us better defensively, but my point is, that doesnt equate to wins like so many will suggest.

More speculation, but agreed. What i said in my intial post was that the defense isn't as good but sancex stepping up has made that moot

whose saying it's neccesary?

There are plenty of people who think we dont stand a chance without him...Slats is the biggest proponent of this logic...but there are plenty more. Do you not remember the offseason?

Dude, you are asking me to be Nostradamus over here...I got no F'ing clue.

I think the offense and defense stepped it up with him out. We looked lock down deadly against the Pats the 2nd half and the Miami offense just owns us...so I dont know.

Obviously Mevis makes us better defensively, but my point is, that doesnt equate to wins like so many will suggest.

So you don't need to be Nostradamus to see that, I never said it alone equates to wins, but it helps.

Especially if "The Model" has an off day.

I know the secondary stepped up against the cheats, but the "The Model" had allot to do with our 2 wins.

If he stumbles on the runway, having Revis on the field will go a long way.

I never subscribed to that one man wins games bitonti thing either.

Teams win games, and the more ballers a team has the better!

There are plenty of people who think we dont stand a chance without him...Slats is the biggest proponent of this logic...but there are plenty more. Do you not remember the offseason?

yawn.gif

Revis is still the Jets' best player. Without him, their odds of winning a Super Bowl are much less than they are with him.

Success in the NFL comes from throwing the football and defending the pass. Last year, we could do one but not the other. Sanchez' improvement was a necessary ingredient, but it will be wasted when the Jets face top passing teams if/when they make it to the postseason. Baltimore is still getting on the same page with Boldin, Welker is still recovering - they're going to be tougher down the road.

The Jets need more than just Revis, but they need Revis.

yawn.gif

Revis is still the Jets' best player. Without him, their odds of winning a Super Bowl are much less than they are with him.

Success in the NFL comes from throwing the football and defending the pass. Last year, we could do one but not the other. Sanchez' improvement was a necessary ingredient, but it will be wasted when the Jets face top passing teams if/when they make it to the postseason. Baltimore is still getting on the same page with Boldin, Welker is still recovering - they're going to be tougher down the road.

The Jets need more than just Revis, but they need Revis.

That was beautiful. The odds were probably much less of winning the last 2 games without him but they still won.

I largely avoided those threads

I largely avoided those threads

Whatever, you were making offseason bets and said the Jets would have won 4 games without him...yadayada...well, you and everyone else were wrong. We are winning with out him against teams that have had our number.

Whatever, you were making offseason bets and said the Jets would have won 4 games without him...yadayada...well, you and everyone else were wrong. We are winning with out him against teams that have had our number.

There goes that everyone wide brush again. :rolleyes: