If you had $25,000 to invest....

villain_the_foe

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gold and Silver...preferably Silver IMO. Though, land isnt a bad idea, if you dont know how to maintain it or work the land then it can be a horrible investment.

If you can buy gold or silver with a mortgage and have someone else pay it off for you, it might be a better investment. If not, buying a rental property is. There are headaches involved (for sure), but it's a low risk, high yield investment over time. Land sitting around doing nothing is a good investment. Property that earns steady rental income is a huge investment.

I agree with the copout answer of seeking professional advice (as long as they don't sell any investments), but I'd go into their office to discuss real estate and let them try to talk me out of it (if that's what they'd do).

If you can buy gold or silver with a mortgage and have someone else pay it off for you, it might be a better investment. If not, buying a rental property is. There are headaches involved (for sure), but it's a low risk, high yield investment over time. Land sitting around doing nothing is a good investment. Property that earns steady rental income is a huge investment.

I agree with the copout answer of seeking professional advice (as long as they don't sell any investments), but I'd go into their office to discuss real estate and let them try to talk me out of it (if that's what they'd do).

Land sitting around doing nothing is a good investment, but wont do anything for you until you begin to do something with the land. I guess if im going to invest 25K I need it to work for me asap. Thats why I would do Gold and Silver. The problem that we will face here is a jobless inflated depression, so if I were to invest 25K it would be to counteract the serious troubles ahead. Since inflation will be going up 7% next year and another 14% the year after, once these interest rates go up from 0% its going to destroy the value of real estate so you couldnt borrow against the estate if needed.

Granted, if you took out a low fixed mortgage then inflation may work out quite well to eliminate that mortgage quickly...however, everything else you wouldnt be able to afford because of the same issue. I say you can do all of that and more with metals. And if you want land, if a few years you'll be able to get it extremely undervalued. Thats how I see it atleast, what can work for me against these troubles, yet at the same time is undervalued.

And another reason why im personally staying away from home mortgages.

Of all the politicians in America, this nut is the last one I would trust to tell the truth.

I rarely look to politicians for the truth. That would mean that im not doing my job to understand my surroundings. My point here is that there's even politicians who may not have a history of telling you the complete truth simply not being able to deny whats going on in the housing market.

Kinda like when Ben Bernanke during the FOMC conference this past September saying that "the FED feels like the current inflation amount isnt high enough". That statement is from a man who has lied plenty of times...however, if you view your surroundings and look at the prior bailouts, monetizing of debt and the new bailouts to come...this "liar" has just told you the truth.

Just sayin'.

That's what I mean, the guy is a lunatic, political views aside, he's just not all there.

My bad, next time I'll put up a vid of Schiff or Celente.

I just thought that it was more about the accuracy of the info in respects to what was being spoken about at this particular moment, not the person stating the info necessarily. It is what it is though.

What does that have to do with the fact that....

Nevermind.

Oh please, it's a video posted on his own youtube page a week ago amidst an election season, clearly touting stricter regulation. He's making a partisan argument, not giving an explanation. On top of this, Grayson (an extreme left-winger who is certifiably nuts), is about as biased when it comes to this stuff as any extreme rightist nutjob you can think of.

Bottom line is they all suck. But relying on a POS like Grayson, a guy who'd do and say pretty much anything to stay in office, isn't the way to go about determining how to spend your coin. That much I'll tell you.

Oh please, it's a video posted on his own youtube page a week ago amidst an election season, clearly touting stricter regulation. He's making a partisan argument, not giving an explanation. On top of this, Grayson (an extreme left-winger who is certifiably nuts), is about as biased when it comes to this stuff as any extreme rightist nutjob you can think of.

Bottom line is they all suck. But relying on a POS like Grayson, a guy who'd do and say pretty much anything to stay in office, isn't the way to go about determining how to spend your coin. That much I'll tell you.

Dude, you're right. Your view of him as a politician he's whatever you want him to be, its your opinion to have. Your opinion of Grayson however has nothing to do with the fact that the statements he made on this "particular" subject is on point in "my" opinion. Partisan, smartisan...its bullshyte to me because I dont do politics such as yourself. Thats why you can get all hyped over dude and call him a POS yet I can simply take info thats relevant and move on...see how that works?

Your opinion on him is yours. However, your assumptions of who I rely on politically is off because I dont do politics...I think its satanic based if you really want to know how I feel on politics/banking. They "do what thou wilt" or its "business, never personal" or the famous one "Do as I say, not as I do". I dont vote, and this november politically means nothing to me because im not political. That doesnt mean that since I dont interact politically that I dont pay attention to politics because again I understand my surroundings and what can affect me. Much better than you give me credit for with your assumptions...but then again you dont know me so who cares right?

Anyway, as I said earlier your opinion of this "POS" as you call him has nothing to do with this particular info being right given what is obviously happening. If you want to talk about how the info is wrong then im all ears. If you want to talk about how I put faith in politicians yet you know more about them and their policies then I do then I'll let you continue the convo by yourself and take the latter and stick with the 25K investment convo.

25K? I would redo my kitchen at the house. I have 2 years left on a 15 year mortgage and I will own this place then. Also would like to pour a slab in the backyard and get one of those fancy spancy glass enclosures. Nice place to play poker at night. Like to upgrade my bocce ball court as well. Maybe resurface the driveway. Get some of that texture flooring paint for my garage as well make that baby shine in the light. Planning on holding onto it until my youngest is halfway thru college then dumping it for a place in the country where I can fish everyday, improve my fatness and pee outside without checking if anyones watching.

Throw $20k into pharma or medical. Baby boomers getting older and reaching retirement age. They'll need more drugs, diagnostics and care.

Take the other $5k and put into semiconductor. It's finally starting to take off again after a 2 year slide.

everyone is buying gold, do the opposite of the herd. there's no upside in gold.

believe it or not there are many cheap blue chip stocks out there. go that route there will be a nice 5%-10% return.

it should also be noted that the thread subtitle is wrong. the recession ended in june 2009. Double Dip might happen but depression is unlikely. However it may feel, those terms are not accurate to this situation.

everyone is buying gold, do the opposite of the herd. there's no upside in gold.

believe it or not there are many cheap blue chip stocks out there. go that route there will be a nice 5%-10% return.

it should also be noted that the thread subtitle is wrong. the recession ended in june 2009. Double Dip might happen but depression is unlikely. However it may feel, those terms are not accurate to this situation.

and you buy that? With an election coming up where the ruling party is expected to get their heads handed to them. The economy is going to get much worse either before the year is up or not to long into 2011. Mark it down.

the dow is up 200 points today. but don't listen to me.

maybe you should buy 25,000$ worth of shotguns and canned beans.

The crash is coming, just wait. Once Jan. 1 rolls around and we get the largest tax hike in American history, that will be where it begins going down.

I'll never understand why someone would day-trade. You have to pay taxes on dividends (you don't if you own the stock a year or more) and its much less stressful and safe to lump-sum invest and buy-and-hold. Even in the 1930's during the Great Depression years the stock market still went up well beyond inflation overall for the decade. The same will be true for the 2010's.

Everyone's buying gold? That isnt true for multiple reasons. Back in 1980 during Gold's last bull-run 28% of americans had investment gold (coins and bars...not jewelry). Today less than 1% of americans have investment gold. What herd? Gold is not rising in price because its overbought, its rising because its accounting for paper money in circulation...as it always has for thousands of years. In otherwords, Gold right now is at the "beginning" of a bullrun...its no where near a bubble. Bubbles mean that there's more demand then supply. I dont see random people talking about how they put their entire life savings into gold. I dont hear no one outside of TV talking about Gold...thats because the demand isnt there yet because inflation hasnt hit the masses hard enough.

As for the 5%-10% returns in blue chips...then you should be looking into silver. Silver has gone up 32% since January...better yet, lets look at what Silver did just on October 5th 2010. Silver opened up at $22.03, and silver's currently at 23.01. Thats a .98 cent gain in a day. Doing the math thats a 4.4% return in a day...something that you'd have to wait an entire year for with those blue chip stocks. I dont trust stocks because the dollar lies. yeah it seems like you made a 5% profit, but once you factor in inflation...then taxes what did you really make?

If you think Silver's in a bubble like the way TV states Gold is then let me hit you with a fact. The historical ratio Silver/Gold is about 17/1 given that there's 17 times more silver in the ground then gold. However, the ratio for "above ground" silver/gold is currently at 58/1 though Silver is a "consumed" metal and gold is hoarded. In otherwords, silver has been massively suppressed. Silver not only is in a bull market right now, but its going to out perform Gold (in my opinion) because Silver has to not only account for the money in circulation, not only readjust the ratio from 58/1 to 17/1 but truth be told...Silver is rarer than gold (above ground). Silver is in most electronics, its heavy in the medical industry as well. Silver is consumed. I think that the markets will have to account for that as well once wall street further lose its grip and cannot hold down the price.

Oh, and the reccession didnt end in 2009. You cant have a jobless recovery. Question, if we're in a recovery then where's the money coming from? Its certainly not coming from new industry. Its being printed fella....thats not a recovery, thats called inflation, hence why you see Gold and Silver going to the moon.

The metals market is booming, not because of a herd...but the suppression is slowly being lifted...however, reporters on television are giving false info. Gold will hit $3000 before it hits $800...you can bet your bottom dollar on that.

TV lies. I've learnt that a long time ago.

the dow is up 200 points today. but don't listen to me.

maybe you should buy 25,000$ worth of shotguns and canned beans.

This is what I mean by "the dollar lies". The Dow can be up 200 points yet the US dollar index is down lol. The markets fool many people like that.

Do this, Compare the dollar as well as the Dow to a real commodity such as Gold and you'll see how terrible the Dow and Dollar are doing in reality.

The crash is coming, just wait. Once Jan. 1 rolls around and we get the largest tax hike in American history, that will be where it begins going down.

You may be right. Remember, the treasury has to refinance 2.3 trillion in debt in the next 12 months, and thats not mentioning the wars that have to be paid for, as well as the massive house foreclosures etc.

Where are we going to get that 3 trillion dollars from to cover those debts during this jobless recovery??? Not to mention, 3 trillion is about 30% of the nations GDP (Gross Domestic Product) and the FED is currently working on an artificial 0% interest rate so there's no stimulation of the economy.

We're going to print the money. And once that happens watch what Gold and Silver do.

Archived