If you had $25,000 to invest....

villain_the_foe

let's hear from the original gold bug

Mr. T., who has been collecting gold since 1977, tells Pimm Fox on Bloomberg TV "When I was little I used to adore gold," he says. "It was something special. You know, the Incas or the Mayans, they said gold was the sweat from the sun, or the tears, you know? Jesus and Moses days and the Ark of the Covenant ... the wings of the angels, the holy of the holiest ... it's gold. Gold was special. Gold was the gift the three wise men brought to Jesus! Frankincense and myrrh and gold." And now? "I'm about to tell other people it's time to sell."

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every commodity has a "time to sell". Whats your point? Are you telling that that they should sell their undervalued silver and gold before its overvalued? What type of investor would they be? Also, I dont adore Silver...I simply respect what it can do for me. It allows me to NOT panic during panic situations. That and food/water of course.

I'll be right back. Im going to the store to buy some beers. ;)

if you are waiting for the end of the world to "sell" the commodity it's not a good investment strategy. Cause the end of the world ain't coming.

Who said the end of the world is coming?

Thats a perception that you have in your head of "commodity investors". I never once said that the end of the world is coming...for me. Why? Because I dont ignore history. Did I say that I was stacking up on guns and ammo....food and water? No. What IS happening though is a massive transfer of wealth.

Now you could ignore history if you like. I'd rather put my finances in my own hands...epecially when you see obvious corruption in many areas that would affect me if I didnt.

Think about his. The worst thing that could happen in my situation is that I would have to resell (at spot price) my silver and I havent lost any purchasing power if no economic meltdown occurs. However if it does then I'll STILL be able to maintain my power. I dont see why you continuously attached apocalyptic circumstances to this conversation when that's never been stated.

Thats you again attaching your emotions to it strictly because you disagree, and instead of coming up with something worth considering you talk about the "end of the world" like silver investors are crazy. I tell you what. I'll take my 40% profit margin that I got from my silver in the past 10 months...how about that. lol.

I'll continue to buy during a parabolic uptrend...sounds good to me. lol. Now bit, speak about why its not a good idea. I can respect your point of view, but please dont make it seem like im saying that the earth is going to crack in half when its only a wealth transfer thats taking place.

I'll tell you what I'd do, man, two chicks at the same time, man.

Damn straight. I always wanted to do that, man. And I think if I had 25K I could hook that up, too; 'cause chicks dig dudes with money.

Argh, I came into this thread just to make that reference.

Invest in beads! Beads bought Manhattan, beads are coming back!

Bernanke totes up pros — and cons — of more stimulus

"But in a much-anticipated speech in Boston, Bernanke also made it clear that there were long-term risks — for the economy and the Fed's credibility — in cranking up the electronic printing press and pumping hundreds of billions of dollars into the financial system.

The potential of such a limited result from quantitative easing has some Fed officials reluctant to make the move. And some policymakers worry that injecting hundreds of billions of dollars into the financial systems may lead to much-higher consumer prices down the road and undermine the central bank's credibility as an inflation fighter.

In that climate and with little chance of new major fiscal stimulus coming to support the economy, analysts said, Bernanke and his colleagues know they are falling short on both of the Fed's objectives — maximizing employment and maintaining price stability."

"It seems to me they have to try to do something," said Lyle Gramley, a former Fed governor.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-bernanke-policy-20101016,0,5616725,full.story

It's the same old sh*t!

"seems like they have to try something"

Faced with a very real possibility of a double dip recession, there is the expert opinion of one of the fed's former governors. Throw something against the wall and see if it sticks.

It didn't stick last time but maybe if we throw it a little softer this time.

Invest in beads! Beads bought Manhattan, beads are coming back!

Bernanke totes up pros — and cons — of more stimulus

"But in a much-anticipated speech in Boston, Bernanke also made it clear that there were long-term risks — for the economy and the Fed's credibility — in cranking up the electronic printing press and pumping hundreds of billions of dollars into the financial system.

The potential of such a limited result from quantitative easing has some Fed officials reluctant to make the move. And some policymakers worry that injecting hundreds of billions of dollars into the financial systems may lead to much-higher consumer prices down the road and undermine the central bank's credibility as an inflation fighter.

In that climate and with little chance of new major fiscal stimulus coming to support the economy, analysts said, Bernanke and his colleagues know they are falling short on both of the Fed's objectives — maximizing employment and maintaining price stability."

"It seems to me they have to try to do something," said Lyle Gramley, a former Fed governor.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-bernanke-policy-20101016,0,5616725,full.story

It's the same old sh*t!

"seems like they have to try something"

Faced with a very real possibility of a double dip recession, there is the expert opinion of one of the fed's former governors. Throw something against the wall and see if it sticks. It didn't stick last time but maybe if we throw it a little softer this time.

I've got an idea to save the economy. Cut spending and combine that with a Laissez-faire economic policy. It worked for President Harding to bring an end to the Depression of 1920-21, which was the worst depression in history.

I've got an idea to save the economy. Cut spending and combine that with a Laissez-faire economic policy. It worked for President Harding to bring an end to the Depression of 1920-21, which was the worst depression in history.

That's why the conservatives need to sweep in the Mid-term elections!

There are Mid-term elections? Ohhhhhhhhh so you mean the Democrats have been in charge of the economy since '06 when they regained control of Congress?

Funny.... 'bout the time the economy started tanking with the home loans too...

Now, they pass a bill to loan money to businesses, "here ya go struggling businesses, what your business model needs is some debt!" Brilliant!

Obama says the banks approved these people but they didn't loan them the money.... uhhhh, what?

I'm no bankerologist but if they didn't loan them the money, then they're not approved are they?

And if they were approved, i.e. deemed to be able to meet the loan requirements & pay their loan debt, then why weren't they given the money?

Maybe Steven Colbert can testify about that too... If that wasn't proof enough this farce of a government hasn't descended into bread & circuses territory, I don't know what is... :face:

There are Mid-term elections? Ohhhhhhhhh so you mean the Democrats have been in charge of the economy since '06 when they regained control of Congress?

Now, they pass a bill to loan money to businesses, "here ya go struggling businesses, what your business model needs is some debt!" Brilliant!

Obama says the banks approved these people but they didn't loan them the money.... uhhhh, what?

I'm no bankerologist but if they didn't loan them the money, then they're not approved are they?

And if they were approved, i.e. deemed to be able to meet the loan requirements & pay their loan debt, then why weren't they given the money?

Maybe Steven Colbert can testify about that too... If that wasn't proof enough this farce of a government hasn't descended into bread & circuses territory, I don't know what is... :face:

Change is coming

Mike Maloney a successful global investor/author gives a speech at a Russian Bankers conference.

Part 1 of this video is the set up. Part 2 has some pretty cool charts/analysis.

I actually purchased Maloney's book as well as his latest DVD. Whats crazy about the videos that you put up is that he's actually explaining "to russian bankers" how money is created. Whats worse is that when he finally finished some are smurking as if he's crazy when he's absolutely right on everything he stated. Some would call it "doom and gloom", others would call it being a realist.

Change is coming

It's about time!

That's something that never ceases to amaze me.

How people take sides and talk up their respective political parties. Its almost like the royalty to your professonal sports team.

At some point of time i hope enough people take a step back and realize that both parties are drinking from the same fountain.

If one party would have come to power in 2008 instead of the other what would have changed economically ? How would the economy be different ?

How people take sides and talk up their respective political parties. Its almost like the royalty to your professonal sports team.

At some point of time i hope enough people take a step back and realize that both parties are drinking from the same fountain.

If one party would have come to power in 2008 instead of the other what would have changed economically ? How would the economy be different ?

I don't really want to get this thread locked, which is why I stayed out of it for the most part but I'll say this and leave it at that.

For one the Bush tax cuts would have been extended already, helping businesses to know where they stand, which would have stimulated hiring.

For Two, spending jokes like this would not have happened.

Love the Time Magazine intervew......"There are no such things as "shovel ready projects"...... (That's not what they were saying when they were trying to pass the "stimulus")

REALLY???? Then what did you spend $ 1,000,000,000,000 on ???????

Typical Liberal thinking. Take tax money and create more monster BUREAUCRACY so you could temporarily hire a few folks and say you created a few jobs?

No infrastructure spending. Just bureaucracy.... Remember when the unemployment rate was 8.2%, and this stimulus was going to get it under 8? Now it's at 9.6%.....

This is where Liberals fail to grasp that the government isn't supposed to create jobs..... they're supposed to create POLICIES that stimulate small business income, which leads to jobs......

I think it's pretty clear how things will be different: http://pledge.gop.gov/

I don't really want to get this thread locked, which is why I stayed out of it for the most part but I'll say this and leave it at that.

For one the Bush tax cuts would have been extended already, helping businesses to know where they stand, which would have stimulated hiring.

For Two, spending jokes like this would not have happened.

Love the Time Magazine intervew......"There are no such things as "shovel ready projects"...... (That's not what they were saying when they were trying to pass the "stimulus")

REALLY???? Then what did you spend $ 1,000,000,000,000 on ???????

Typical Liberal thinking. Take tax money and create more monster BUREAUCRACY so you could temporarily hire a few folks and say you created a few jobs?

No infrastructure spending. Just bureaucracy.... Remember when the unemployment rate was 8.2%, and this stimulus was going to get it under 8? Now it's at 9.6%.....

This is where Liberals fail to grasp that the government isn't supposed to create jobs..... they're supposed to create POLICIES that stimulate small business income, which leads to jobs......

I think it's pretty clear how things will be different: http://pledge.gop.gov/

No you did not stay out, you made a political statement.

And you should first read my post before climbing on your political horse.

"At some point of time i hope enough people take a step back and realize that both parties are drinking from the same fountain."

Also you did not answer my question on how would economy be better ?

Bush tax cuts were for individuals. How would rolling them back or not affect businesses from hiring ?

Whether they should be cut or not is another issue that i do not want to get into.

No you did not stay out, you made a political statement.

And you should first read my post before climbing on your political horse.

"At some point of time i hope enough people take a step back and realize that both parties are drinking from the same fountain."

Also you did not answer my question on how would economy be better ?

Bush tax cuts were for individuals. How would rolling them back or not affect businesses from hiring ?

Whether they should be cut or not is another issue that i do not want to get into.

Their plans to create policies and laws that stimulate business and markets, which leads to jobs would have helped the economy more than...

Spending $ 1,000,000,000,000 on pork and bureaucracy, funding artificial programs that succeed in creating a few jobs in the short term, and piss away oodles of dollars in the long run.

The Bush tax cuts also effect non corporation small business owners, that's how.

Not to mention fanny mae and freddie mac would not still be running a muck hemorrhaging money, this administration's financial reform proposal did not even address that. :o

Their plans to create policies and laws that stimulate business and markets, which leads to jobs would have helped the economy more than...

Spending $ 1,000,000,000,000 on pork and bureaucracy, funding artificial programs that succeed in creating a few jobs in the short term, and piss away oodles of dollars in the long run.

The Bush tax cuts also effect non corporation small business owners, that's how.

Not to mention fanny mae and freddie mac would not still be running a muck hemorrhaging money, this administration's financial reform proposal did not even address that. :o

You kidding me.

The Fed is goosing up the market every day.

I am not defending the policies of this administration.

But you are defending the policies of the previous administration.

And the reasons we find our economy in a sh1thole, the foundations of it were laid by the policies and handiwork of previous administration(s).

You kidding me.

The Fed is goosing up the market every day.

I am not defending the policies of this administration.

But you are defending the policies of the previous administration.

And the reasons we find our economy in a sh1thole, the foundations of it were laid by the policies and handiwork of previous administration(s).

No I'm not, but I'm also not blindly blaming an administration, ignoring which political party was running both the house and the senate at the times the economy started tanking from the home loans.

Who came up with the legislation that lead to all that? Who got rich off of it? Who continues to bail it out and fails to address it despite the fact that it's hemorrhaging billions?

I already expressed how a feel about what the fed is doing in this thread several times, go back through it.

No I'm not, but I'm also not blindly blaming an administration, ignoring which political party was running both the house and the senate at the times the economy started tanking from the home loans.

Who came up with the legislation that lead to all that? Who got rich off of it? Who continues to bail it out and fails to address it despite the fact that it's hemorrhaging billions?

I already expressed how a feel about what the fed is doing in this thread several times, go back through it.

'

Yes you are. When you go on a rant for Bush tax cuts...that is defending what the previous administration did.

I don't do anything blindly.

When were a great majority of those home loans made ?

Or when did we start the reckless credit expansion that lead to this situation ?

Not supporting bailouts no matter which administration is doling them.

But under whose administration did the bailout season begin ?

'

Yes you are. When you go on a rant for Bush tax cuts...that is defending what the previous administration did.

I don't do anything blindly.

When were a great majority of those home loans made ?

Or when did we start the reckless credit expansion that lead to this situation ?

Not supporting bailouts no matter which administration is doling them.

But under whose administration did the bailout season begin ?

I did not support Bush's decisions to bailout either.

As for the whens this all got started with the fair/equal lending act legislation.

Yeah who started all that?

I actually purchased Maloney's book as well as his latest DVD. Whats crazy about the videos that you put up is that he's actually explaining "to russian bankers" how money is created. Whats worse is that when he finally finished some are smurking as if he's crazy when he's absolutely right on everything he stated. Some would call it "doom and gloom", others would call it being a realist.

I actually watched that video a few weeks ago because it was posted on this political board I go to. I thought it was so good that I bookmarked it. But when you mentioned him in that PM I didn't even put 2 + 2 together because I had never heard of him until that video.

I'm assuming you've either watched or read "Creature from Jekyll Island" by G. Edward Griffin?

I actually watched that video a few weeks ago because it was posted on this political board I go to. I thought it was so good that I bookmarked it. But when you mentioned him in that PM I didn't even put 2 + 2 together because I had never heard of him until that video.

I'm assuming you've either watched or read "Creature from Jekyll Island" by G. Edward Griffin?

Yeah, Read the book and listened to the audio version that they have floating on youtube as well.

lol....this is the interview that you got that from. How funny is it that when asked was "HE" selling his gold he quickly said no. Dont listen to what a person says but what a person does.

Oh, and for the record, he wasnt giving his "personal" point of view. He was acting as a salesman, pitching a company.

There's only so much land. Population continues to increase, and they need to live somewhere. Prices will jump again in this young pothead's lifetime. Even if they stay static, you're talking about turning a $25k investment into $200k over 20 years, all while skimming a little profit along the way. That's damn good.

I don't think mortgage payments will be tax deductible forever. Changing that law would have a huge effect on housing prices.

Archived