If you had $25,000 to invest....

villain_the_foe

little known fact-oid the bailout actually made the tax payers money in most cases.

So did the income tax rebates, but how did that work at stimulating the economy?

It didn't, it was stupid to think it would and doing it over and over again was ridiculous.

If they concentrated their efforts on creating policies and laws that stimulate business and markets, it would create jobs, that would stimulate the economy.

Giving somebody a one time check does little in that aspect, giving somebody the opportunity to earn a check every week, well that's a different story.

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

little known fact-oid the bailout actually made the tax payers money in most cases.

No because it was our money just being given back to us. It made us worse off because it was money that should've been spent elsewhere, instead the good'ol U.S. Government just sold more of our future to the Chicoms.

the title of this thread asks if you had 25k to invest where would you put it

I assume the context is NOW not where would you put it 5 years ago.

That makes no sense. I said your making it sound like gold dropped most of its value overnight, not less than $6 in a couple of days. What does five years have to do with anything?

If you give me 5 dollars and I give you 10 in return... yes it's your money but it's also profit. the gov't made profit on Citi, AIG, GM etc. the only true losers were fannie and freddie.

Your also giving me more debt.

That makes no sense. I said your making it sound like gold dropped most of its value overnight, not less than $6 in a couple of days. What does five years have to do with anything?

im saying the upside in gold is gone. The time to sell gold is past. It's certainly not the time to buy. As an investment vehicle going forward, it's not that great. As an investment vehicle over the last few years it's been pretty good. As an inventory item in a panic room it's great.

im saying the upside in gold is gone. The time to sell gold is past. It's certainly not the time to buy. As an investment vehicle going forward, it's not that great. As an investment vehicle over the last few years it's been pretty good. As an inventory item in a panic room it's great.

The upside is gone? It just hit a record high last week. And it will continue to go up while the dollar continues to go down unless the dollar is returned to the Gold Standard where the dollar will also go up.

If you give me 5 dollars and I give you 10 in return... yes it's your money but it's also profit. the gov't made profit on Citi, AIG, GM etc. the only true losers were fannie and freddie.

How much profit was left over after throwing more money at the fannie and freddie hemorrhaging disaster? :unsure:

How come not one mention of them in the "financial reform" proposal? :huh:

the time to buy something is not a week after it hits a record high. that's the time to sell something.

What I'm saying is if you have $25K to invest, invest it in Gold, which unlike Stocks will never crash, and unlike the dollar cannot become inflated. Lets say today Gold is 2K an ounce. 5 USD today will be worth $20 a year from now. But Gold will be worth well over $8K taking into account the normal increase in the gold and the falling value of the dollar.

is now a good time to point out gold is taking a beating this week?

No? Ok I'll come back later.

Save some room in the bomb shelter for me!

Do you even know WHY gold "allegedly" took a beating? Its because China raised interest rates on their RMB to 2 and 1/2% before the markets opened...and given the fact that our Dollar is "temporarily" pegged to theirs...the dollar took a manufactured ride up. It WASNT because the dollar gained ground Bit. You'll understand when China finally releases themselves from the dollar how wrong you really are. You see, its not that you're simply uninformed, its that what you think you know just isnt so.

Being "Darwinially" deselected may be needed for some people lol.

P.S. Gold spiked and broke $1350 again. How about this...instead of talking about "bomb shelters" and coming off like a clown, try to educate yourself on why there's such a global wealth transfer and why is china in a huge bubble.

You're not impressing anyone with your comments. You're only making peoples assumptions on your lack of info much more credible.

Why? Explain why bit.

If you can make a statement like this then elaborate. Explain why Gold will not see about another $500 - $1,500 or Silver an extra $100 = $250 an oz?

Dont ignore this post. Please answer my question. Explain why this is a "panic room" situation instead of just saying it with a poor attempt to be funny.

What I'm saying is if you have $25K to invest, invest it in Gold, which unlike Stocks will never crash, and unlike the dollar cannot become inflated. Lets say today Gold is 2K an ounce. 5 USD today will be worth $20 a year from now. But Gold will be worth well over $8K taking into account the normal increase in the gold and the falling value of the dollar.

Thats not exactly true...especially with the stiatuon that the US is in right now. If the FED decided to raise interest rates 10% tomorrow it could crash Gold and Silver as well as every other asset/liability in the country. And because I know this is one of the reasons why I know that Gold and Silver still has a run and isnt even in a bubble. If the Fed were to raise interest rates right now it would implode the banks, Real estate and it would cause the economy to immediately lock up. The Fed wont allow that to happen....yet.

villian, what are you going to do ?

meaning if I had 25K

I'd purchase Gold and Silver...mostly Silver. Bitonti does have a point...but for the wrong reasons. Gold is eventually topping out....but its topping out based on the fact that the ETF's are keeping prices down because people still havent gotten the point that these ETF's sell atleast 100 paper shares of gold to each physical Gold oz. That means that for every 100 paper golds that ETF's sell 99% is not backed by actual gold. This is the same thing with the Silver Market. Anyone who dont believe that can check this video out. (jump to 2 min).

Now, the reason why I say Silver more than gold is for multiple reasons.

One, Silver is affordable so you can buy more of it.

Two, Silver is even more suppressed than Gold. Even though technically neither gold or silver have reached their "inflated adjusted" all-time highs, Gold did in fact pass its unadjusted all-time high of $860. Silver hasnt even made it to $50 dollars yet. So that would mean that for the unadjusted high Silver is 50% away from its high, but for its inflated adjusted high which is about $400 Silver is (in reality) about 95% from its all time high. Gold is about 80%. If you go by the Consumer Price Index "CPI" That Reagan used back in the 80's when Gold hit its all-time high of $820 and account for inflation by the 1980 CPI method then the top for Gold is about $7400. Now im not saying that Silver will go to $400 and Gold $7000. All im saying is that when you factor in inflation over the past 30 years you'll begin to realize that Gold, and especailly SILVER is incredibly cheap at todays prices.

Three. Historically Silver and Gold has a ratio which is about 14/1. This ratio comes from the amount of Silver-to-gold in the earth, hence above ground. However something has happened, Silver has become an industrial consumed metal. So much so that today Silver is actually rarer than gold above ground however, because of manipulation bullion banks the S/G ratio today is at 57/1 instead of its historic 14/1. Now, anyone who knows about precious metals knows that the reason why they're precious is mostly because of its rarity. So in that case, Silver is undervalued like nobody's business not only because of the depressed ratio of 57/1, but its actually rarer than Gold so in my opinion, Silver should be worth more. (my main reason for Silver right there). Imagine buying a precious metal rarer than gold for just 25 dollars an oz. because of the manipulation by JP Morgan. Talk about taking lemons and making lemonade lol.

Now, what I see coming is this. All fraud comes to light eventually (you see that with the real estate market right now). What happens when inflation begins to seep into the system with all this QE we have coming out way? People are going to realize that thir IRA's and their 401K's are being looted via inflation. They're going to run to Gold to hedge themselves. However, given the theft of money via inflation, people are going to want to start taking "physical" metal. THIS IS WHEN THE BULL RUSH WILL BEGIN (hence what i've been trying to explain to Bit this whole time). Once there's a tight squeeze on physical people are going to realize that they cant trust paper and they're going to start requesting delivery from the COMEX and LBMA for their Gold. The top is going to fly when people start to realize that they cant get physical but can only get the money in return because the gold doesnt exist. In otherwords, once people realize that there's less gold in the world than what they though what do YOU expect is going to happen to the price? Also, people, not being able to afford Gold are going to rush to the next best thing....silver. However, Silver is even more rare than gold (above ground). Whats going to happen to the price when people realize that because Silver has been used up in technology there's less of it?

Bottomline is this, I totally understand why people think that precious metals has topped. Tv can be quite convincing...however, when you begin to look at the info yourself and get different opinions you come to see that its just getting started. Think about this. When have you EVER seen a bubble that no one was in? In order for Gold/Silver to be in a bubble everyone has to want to own it. Whats in a bubble isnt the metal, but the paper ETF's that arent even backed by the metal. So whats going to happens is that all those people that think the market is safe...especially with ETF's are going to lose big time while people with physical is going to see their price soar because like all bubbles Demand is going to outweigh Supply. People are scared of the physical Gold/Silver market because of the propaganda being spewed on TV. But if that was so then you'd see people dumping Gold/SIlver ETF's by the tons every day...you dont see that do you? What you see is every other TV commercial telling you "Cash for Gold"...because The Smart money know better. They dont follow whats being said, they follow the action. Why would people give their cash for Gold that is overvalued? It makes no sense. Thats like people trying to take out a mortgage for a houses with whats going on in real estate right now. It'll be stupid to do so.

However, you must also know that GOld and Silver will eventually be overpriced (in a bubble) so you have to know when to get out. The masses always get in at the top of the bubble. thats when you know that you have to get out. Buy low/sell high. Lastly, Make sure you keep an eye on interest rates. This is something that I've been setting my attention to in order to learn more about. Interests rates at 0% is bad for a reason, I know it can crash assets...but im still learning how/why so I can further understand the market. However, because Silver is selling at $25 an oz. and with so many things in favor for it I just dont see a massive rise in interest rates holding Silver back...why? because its a consumed commodity as well as a precious metal. With Gold you know for sure that its stored somewhere...its just hoarded. Silver leaves this planet for good every single day of the year with no off days. Thats a commodity that I want to have on my side.

you all keep saying that but it's not based in fact. deflation is actually a bigger concern than inflation. inflation would be nice right about now.

Explain why Deflation would be a bigger concern than inflation.

You're just throwing stuff out there without explaining anything. Please explain yourself.

And for the record, unlike your usual commodity, gold is money. Ultimately, that aspect reasserts itself, and gold does well. In deflationary times, what is king? Real Money! That fact proved to be true in the Great Depression during the 1930s when gold and gold stocks did well, after the initial stock crashes world wide. This is also true if world central banks end up having to inflate massively to try and stem dropping world economic demand after stock crashes.

I'll leave you with a link that I know you're not going to read because after all....you're right and this is just panic room stuff.

http://www.munknee.com/2010/10/investing-in-gold-silver-is-a-%E2%80%98no-brainer%E2%80%99-%E2%80%93-here%E2%80%99s-why/

I'd like to full heartedly second everything Villian has said so far.

Villian you heard about Andrew Maguire getting run off the road the day after that GATA-CFTC-JPM meeting?

Yeah, him and his wife. Whats worse is that the guy that tried to hit him was ran down by police and captured, but you never heard of who did it, if he was arrested or anything. It just died out.

I also noticed that Mr. Maguire after that incident has been a "no show" in the public eye. You havent heard a peep from him. Sometimes silence is the loudest indicator. People can not believe it if they like, but precious metals are incredibly undervalued...to the point where "people" can run whistle blowers off the road and not even be charged.

Yeah, him and his wife. Whats worse is that the guy that tried to hit him was ran down by police and captured, but you never heard of who did it, if he was arrested or anything. It just died out.

I also noticed that Mr. Maguire after that incident has been a "no show" in the public eye. You havent heard a peep from him. Sometimes silence is the loudest indicator. People can not believe it if they like, but precious metals are incredibly undervalued...to the point where "people" can run whistle blowers off the road and not even be charged.

Not that I'm surprised that the mainstream media decided not to use their "investigative journalism" skills. BTW that's another bubble about that will eventually pop, the Mainstream Media bubble. There's only so long that a sector of private industry (I use that term loosely) can so poorly do their jobs without having to suffer financial repercussions. Eventually alternative news sources will take over.

Not that I'm surprised that the mainstream media decided not to use their "investigative journalism" skills. BTW that's another bubble about that will eventually pop, the Mainstream Media bubble. There's only so long that a sector of private industry (I use that term loosely) can so poorly do their jobs without having to suffer financial repercussions. Eventually alternative news sources will take over.

The problem is that by the time the mainstream bubble pops, the controllers would have had infiltrated alternative news sources so you'll get much of the same in the long run. Things move to swiftly in that aspect. The best thing to do is to take heed of whats stated, but check for yourself. Alternative news sources (at this time) have been very good at providing much more quantified information. In my opinion that is the most important thing when presenting information. Main Stream does it rarely, but only when the fraud cant be hidden anymore or when its a smear campaign. lol.

Thats actually why im so adamant about metals. I'd say oil too, but I really dont like stocks. I like to be able to touch what I own...unless I can get a few barrels of crude oil mailed to my house lol.

For long term investing I just think Silver is a no-brainer.

If ALL you had was 25,000... And you're looking for something different, try this:

A Concession Trailer.

25k will buy a damned nice one. Get yourself a summer route of festivals etc.

A $5 elephant ear costs 20cents.

A $3 Corn Dog costs 40cents.

BBQ?

With such a machine you can setup and (work HARD and) make good money...more than you'd make investing it.

And if you keep it clean it won't depreciate, you can sell it for nearly what you paid.

If ALL you had was 25,000... And you're looking for something different, try this:

A Concession Trailer.

25k will buy a damned nice one. Get yourself a summer route of festivals etc.

A $5 elephant ear costs 20cents.

A $3 Corn Dog costs 40cents.

BBQ?

With such a machine you can setup and (work HARD and) make good money...more than you'd make investing it.

And if you keep it clean it won't depreciate, you can sell it for nearly what you paid.

Not bad.

CFTC Judge blows the whistle in his resignation letter

A high level CFTC judge let's everyone know that they have been ruling against complainants for 20 years, regardless of the cases merits. :yawn:

That's not anything that should be discussed in the media is it?

Too bad these scumbags won't see the end of a rope. Our whole system of government infuriates the hell out of me.

CFTC Judge blows the whistle in his resignation letter

A high level CFTC judge let's everyone know that they have been ruling against complainants for 20 years, regardless of the cases merits. :yawn:

That's not anything that should be discussed in the media is it?

Too bad these scumbags won't see the end of a rope. Our whole system of government infuriates the hell out of me.

Wow! Thats a great find. I didnt know about this at all. Thats CRAZY! lol. This is going to come down like a house of cards man.

Check this out.

Thats not exactly true...especially with the stiatuon that the US is in right now. If the FED decided to raise interest rates 10% tomorrow it could crash Gold and Silver as well as every other asset/liability in the country. And because I know this is one of the reasons why I know that Gold and Silver still has a run and isnt even in a bubble. If the Fed were to raise interest rates right now it would implode the banks, Real estate and it would cause the economy to immediately lock up. The Fed wont allow that to happen....yet.

I'm just curious, do you listen to Larry Kudlow on Saturday mornings? If not, you should check his show out, I think you would like it alot.

I'm just curious, do you listen to Larry Kudlow on Saturday mornings? If not, you should check his show out, I think you would like it alot.

Never heard of him. I'll check him out though. I dont really watch TV unless its sundays. Im an internet guy. I'll look him up though.

A person that I really like to listen to because I feel that he "gets it" is Peter Schiff. I purchased 2 of his books ("crash proof 2.0" and "Bull moves in bear markets") and listened to many interviews and outside gold/silver, he really understand whats going on around the world.

Another guy is Jim Rogers.

Edit: Your avatar is classic. My wife looks at me funny everytime that commercial comes on. Hilarious!

Archived