What the heck happenned to the 1986 jets

CTM

OK, here's the real story. I love the internet. Not exactly as i remembered, but very close and worse for kenny being the dolphins.

Here are some keys:

Philadelphia went ahead by 7-6 on Ken O'Brien's 11-yard toss to receiver Calvin Williams and the conversion.

Philadelphia recaptured the lead with 36 seconds left on another O'Brien-to-Williams pass, this one 8 yards.

The Eagles had 77 rushing yards rushing in the first half. In the second half they had only 26. They also fumbled three times in the second half, the biggest being rookie back Vaughn Hebron's drop with 8:29 left at the Philadelphia 27.

One of the biggest Eagles mistakes was a drop by the usually sure-handed veteran, James Lofton. Fewer than three minutes were left and the Eagles were at the Miami 22, driving for the winning touchdown. On secondand 2, Lofton was wide open over the middle, near the Dolphins' 10, and dropped the pass.

It was fourth down that the ball slipped. That was a perfect pass to Lofton. I knew I wasn't nuts. lol

O'Brien was punch drunk by then, and Rich Kotite was coaching the Eagles. Not a good combination.

although injuries riddled the team that yr (Klecko, Gastinaeu, Lyons, Mehl,......) we still made the playoffs and lost in double OT to the Browns, the game was in our hands when a ruffing the passer penalty on Gastineau kept the drive alive, allowing Cleveland to te it up! where they beat us in double OT!!

i hate those unis, good riddence

+1

They were even worse when Coslet tried to Glanvillize them by adding black trim. It was supposed to make them look tougher or something. What an a$$hole.

AFC-Throwback-Uniform-NYJ.PNG

Haters lol

While I can't tell you what happened in 86 (I was only 3 after all), after watching that video, you can't help but think that we haven't seen a Jets QB who can throw the ball down the field like that since.

I guess you missed the Browning Nagel era. He had one of the strongest arms you could ever imagine and was just brutal on the field. Nagel would definitely be in discussion for the alltime SoJ QB.

Archived