Tyler Thigpen could be the future

freestater

Am I the only one who does not understand these reports at all? Granted I do not watch Dolphins practice, nor know anything about Henne's work ethic, but he seems to be a promising young QB with good tools...

Outside of against the Jets, he's been mediocre at best so far in his career. Take out his games against the Jets and here are what his numbers look like this year and last:

2009 (12 games): 242/404 (59.9%), 2525 yards, 9 TDs / 14 INTs

2010 (3 games): 59/88 (67.0%), 598 yards, 3 TDs / 3 INTs

Outside of completion percentage, that's a whole lot of nothing.

I like Tyler Thigpen and was disappointed when the fish picked him up.

I love the fish being in disarray. NE wouldn't've gone into panic mode with a loss last night, but Miami could definitely be. Good times!

I love the fish being in disarray. NE wouldn't've gone into panic mode with a loss last night, but Miami could definitely be. Good times!

Miami would panic eventually though, so it was better for the Jets for Miami. But if the Jets are a serious contender, it shouldn't matter either way. The Pats look beatable and should have a few more losses this season, same with the Fins.

The Jets should be running away with the division. Let's hope for a good victory over the Vikings. This team has picked it up in prime time after that Week 1 loss. Maybe that was the goal of Hard Knocks, to get the Jets used to being in the spotlight.

Agreed. In all honesty, going into 2009 before the draft with only Clemens and Ratliff, I was hoping the Jets would swing a trade for Thigpen and let him fight for the job. He played pretty well for a guy with absolutely no help in KC.

Miami would panic eventually though, so it was better for the Jets for Miami. But if the Jets are a serious contender, it shouldn't matter either way. The Pats look beatable and should have a few more losses this season, same with the Fins.

The Jets should be running away with the division. Let's hope for a good victory over the Vikings. This team has picked it up in prime time after that Week 1 loss. Maybe that was the goal of Hard Knocks, to get the Jets used to being in the spotlight.

Absolutely! Either the Jets have IT or they don't. If they do, the Patriots will not be a problem.

Jets will integrating talented bodies on both sides of the ball against the Vikes, hope it doesn't mess with team chemistry for a week while they get better. Wonder how driven the players on the Jets will be to take it to Favre?

Agreed. In all honesty, going into 2009 before the draft with only Clemens and Ratliff, I was hoping the Jets would swing a trade for Thigpen and let him fight for the job. He played pretty well for a guy with absolutely no help in KC.

I'm right there with you.

I thought Thigpen looked pretty good in KC considering what he had to work with. When the Dolphins picked him up I really don't see how you can interpret it other than the Dolphins saying to Henne, "If you don't prove yourself a genuine NFL quality starter we have an option to go to".

Am I the only one who does not understand these reports at all? Granted I do not watch Dolphins practice, nor know anything about Henne's work ethic, but he seems to be a promising young QB with good tools...

Going back to college he has been losing winnable games with bizarre decision making. No one seems to know how to fix this.

Archived