American League Division Series (Game & Discussion Thread)

Morrissey

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yankees roster:

The New York Yankees have announced their roster for their ALDS matchup with the Minnesota Twins.

Javier Vazquez, Chad Gaudin and Ivan Nova are notable omissions.

PITCHERS

A.J. Burnett

Joba Chamberlain

Phil Hughes

Boone Logan

Sergio Mitre

Dustin Moseley

Andy Pettitte

Mariano Rivera

David Robertson

CC Sabathia

Kerry Wood

CATCHERS

Francisco Cervelli

Jorge Posada

INFIELDERS

Lance Berkman

Robinson Cano

Derek Jeter

Ramiro Peña

Alex Rodriguez

Mark Teixeira

OUTFIELDERS

Brett Gardner

Greg Golson

Curtis Granderson

Austin Kearns

Nick Swisher

Marcus Thames

Sorry, I don't see the Yanks making a big splash this fall. They are 13-16 over the last 26 games and their starting pitching rotation has question marks all over it...I just can't see them throwing a switch and everything is fixed...prove me wrong Yankees.

With CC and Andy pitching on the road and Hughes pitching at home, it sets up nicely for the Yankees

If Pavano beats them in Game 2 Cashman might have a stroke

Pavano pitched game 3 last year, pitched well, only runs were a A-Rod and Posada HR's

Two observations:

1. Is it me or does the main stream media talk about Andy Petite the way you would describe a real life Rocky Balboa? They make it seem like there is no way he could come back from this groin injury

2. If the Yankees lose tonight, the series is not over. They can out slug the Twins in the other games and it isn't like the Twins are rolling out Doc Gooden in his prime. (Yeah that is right I went with Doc Gooden, lol).

Funny thing is if the Yankees lose the baseball forum will be jumping tomorrow.

You're 100% right. The reason being...winning post season games is expected for the Yanks. It doesn't seem like that big a deal anymore.

When they don't, it's unacceptable and fans come out of the woodwork to proclaim the fact that they know more than Brian Cashman and Joe Girardi.

JMO of course.

Carl Pavano...if he were still a Yankee he would have gone on the DL after pumping his fist following a striekout like he did after getting Tex.

Tell me about it, the guy did not pitch for 2 years, and the he comes to spring training and needs Tommy John surgery.

Prick just made a nice play to double us up and get out of trouble! :angry:

Still no posts b\c the Yankees won. Once they lose a game the haters will be out in full force.

Oh and Andy has looked good so far. Weird, I thought he was old hurt and done. Or so I had heard.

Thanks Tom.

The 98 reference is a good one. I think that team overachieved big time.

Still no posts b\c the Yankees won. Once they lose a game the haters will be out in full force.

Oh and Andy has looked good so far. Weird, I thought he was old hurt and done. Or so I had heard.

Put the roach motels away baby! :D

Where are the Berkman haters?

Ernie Johnson going ballistic about a missed strike call on Berkman was way over the top. Wendlested may be a dick and the beneficiary of nepotism,but he's a bad umpire to both sides. And besides umpire incompetence forced the Yankees to have to get 4 outs in the 9th last inning.

Pettitte is making a case for Cooperstown. Other than game 6 of the 2001 WS, he has been postseason money for 15 years.

Ernie Johnson going ballistic about a missed strike call on Berkman was way over the top. Wendlested may be a dick and the beneficiary of nepotism,but he's a bad umpire to both sides. And besides umpire incompetence forced the Yankees to have to get 4 outs in the 9th last inning.

Pettitte is making a case for Cooperstown. Other than game 6 of the 2001 WS, he has been postseason money for 15 years.

Nice how Mo got the extra out on 1 pitch though. :D

Yanks should have never let Pettitte go to Houston with roger.

That sh*t cost us and let the blow sox of the hook!

Sure, but will voters overlook his cheating? Will be interesting to see if they bend on him when they haven't for anyone else.

Sure, but will voters overlook his cheating? Will be interesting to see if they bend on him when they haven't for anyone else.

Fair point. Think Pettitte fessing up tells you that it's much more prevalent than anyone thinks. Of course because he's perceived as a good guy he was allowed to say it was only once to heal from and injury. At some point the writers are going to have to stop being prissy about it and see it for what it is, part of the whole, not the whole.

I have been saying this for awhile. Let's say he plays one more season and retires with over 250 wins. And 7 world series championships to go along with all the postseason records.

How can he not be a hall of famer? Kirby made it because he won 2 world series.

1st ballot for Andy.

Archived