Randy Moss to the Vikes?

slats

Oh how you underestimate the impact of randy moss. Unless he is covered by a healthy Revis, Moss almost always draws a double team.

Underestimate the impact of Randy Moss, pffff were the **** was he in Oakland, oh thats right no QB no Moss he sucks if you cant throw it deep. There are 15 Wr's who can do more all around than Randy. He is the best vertical WR but he does NOTHING else period.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read through this thread real quick.

One thing i did not see mentioned is what NE is signaling with this trade.

They are basically giving up on this season.

Belichick is a cheater but he is smart.

He realizes that this season is lost. They do not have a good enough team to compete against elite teams like the JETS, Ravens et al. Obviously he did not buy into the "major" victory yesterday as some of the Patsy fan's did.

The Pats are accumulating draft picks for next year so they can retool and reload for next season. They signed Brady before the purge so they have him locked in. And they have a boatload of picks to get some very good talent. They are obviously confident there draft results are better than in the past. And they have did add some decent talent on board like Tate and Hernandez who could develop into every game legit contributors down the road.

Two people on that NE team are very unhappy today. One is Brady and other is Welker. Both will find what life is without having a legit deep trade and illegit cameras.

First off...Vincent Jackson is going NOWHERE in the AFC, especially to the Pats. San Diego is content with letting him rot because they're getting at least a 3rd round compensation. So unless somebody is giving them 2 picks (they wanted either a 1st and 3rd or 2 2nds) then he's staying put. No way SD will give him an opportunity to bite them in the butt in the playoffs (well, that's if San Diego can win the west)

Secondly...this is a fantastic move for us, because it totally eliminates the Pats best offensive weapon and will be putting up the white flag for 2010 because their O works because of the safety working over the top to prevent the deep ball. Welker then will be doubled, the field will be cut down not because Brady can't throw but people will not give any respect to their receivers.

Third...How desperate is Childress? Man that seat must be as boiling hot as Favre's temper because he's probably been complaining to get somebody, anybody to help him. Good, I hope he suffers a long, long season even with Moss.

Fourth...I said it in an earlier thread and in the year. Based off no reports, don't be surprised if Moss comes to the AFCE next year to try and stick it to the Patriots (hmm...interesting how the only WR under contract is Cotchery/Brandon Marshall could use a buddy to stretch the field).

And finally...forget the video tapes and signals. The Patriots were a GREAT team because they had GREAT coordinators in Charlie Weis and Romeo Crennel. Funny, how Kansas City is the only 3-0 team in the league. It also won't be a shock if they remain undefeated this week despite facing Peyton Manning. They are a grossly underrated team when it comes to talent on both sides of the ball and will have an offensive and defensive scheme set to have Jones and Charles run 50x and send packages to disrupt Peyton. (Mark it down).

Funny, how Kansas City is the only 3-0 team in the league

Funny or insignificant?

It'll be totally surprising to see them 4-0. Pissed off Peyton Manning is no fun to play.

But yes...people did underrate the Chiefs' talent for a little bit. I was saying this back when they "should have" drafted an OT despite having a perfectly competent LT in Brandon Albert.

Underestimate the impact of Randy Moss, pffff were the **** was he in Oakland, oh thats right no QB no Moss he sucks if you cant throw it deep. There are 15 Wr's who can do more all around than Randy. He is the best vertical WR but he does NOTHING else period.

Ok take the blinders off. Only a handful of wide receivers in the history of the game could do anything without a QB. Do you really want to also debate his loss of motivation in Oakland when THE WHOLE TEAM quit. He does nothing else because he is so good at what he does. I believe you haven't been watching the last 3 years either. The guy has run more in routes and slants than he has in his career.

I dare you to name 15. Fact is he is still one of the most dangerous receivers in football. He led the league in TD's last year.

Fact is Belichick is being thick headed again. He is letting business affect the on field product.

Funny or insignificant?

It'll be totally surprising to see them 4-0. Pissed off Peyton Manning is no fun to play.

But yes...people did underrate the Chiefs' talent for a little bit. I was saying this back when they "should have" drafted an OT despite having a perfectly competent LT in Brandon Albert.

I guess significant because it shows the parody in the NFL. It's funny how Norv Turner's neck and AJ Smith's arrogance to not work an extension on VJ may actually cost them the AFCW.

Don't care about sad face, pissed off Peyton Manning. In their 2 losses they gave up 257 and 174 yards on the ground...and in comes a very dangerous running attack (well, Jamaal Charles that is) in KC who is gonna do everything to pound the rock on a smaller and injured D. KC has a better D than many think, and Peyton has often struggled against 3-4 Ds in the past. Am I saying they're gonna shut that offense down? Absolutely not..but they will probably win TOP battle because Indy's D is AWFUL against the run

Seems more like a purposeful "mistake" than a guy who didn't know what he was doing.

This is a lock. Simmons has never had to sweat his lack of real-sportswriter chops because he could always play off the spectacularly stupid things he writes as comedy, but nowadays there are a half-dozen websites that do it better than he ever did. Smart move to stick with the Booyas, because their ability to build a Simmons Brand is really the only thing keeping him from being buried alive by Magary, Daulerio et al.

Now remember I said all around meaning going over the middle makinf the TOUGH catch. There is noone better vertically but thats all he does.

1. Andre Johnson

2. Calvin Johnson

3. Riddy White

4. Miles Austin

5. Santonio Holmes

6. Brandon Marshall

7. Larry Fitzgerald

8. Reggie Wayne

9. Vincent Jackson

10. Greg Jennimgs

11. Steve Smith Car.

12. Anquan Boldin

13. DeSean Jackson

there are a few more a little older who did more all around then Randy. TO, 85. 1 or 2 are just as scary as Randy straight vertically and the ones who are not are considerably better going across the middle for the tough catches. Also im talking today right now not 2007, or 1998.

Ok take the blinders off. Only a handful of wide receivers in the history of the game could do anything without a QB. Do you really want to also debate his loss of motivation in Oakland when THE WHOLE TEAM quit. He does nothing else because he is so good at what he does. I believe you haven't been watching the last 3 years either. The guy has run more in routes and slants than he has in his career.

I dare you to name 15. Fact is he is still one of the most dangerous receivers in football. He led the league in TD's last year.

Fact is Belichick is being thick headed again. He is letting business affect the on field product.

And no Ring who gives a **** about 75 TD catches without a ring. Pats will get back to slowly bleeding the clock take what the D will give them and frustrate the sh*t out of you with ome of the best QB's ever. **** I hate typing that.

you are a complete moron. you may take the crown of "class dunce" from Scott Dierking's head.

randy moss is an all time great so was dan marino and so was charles barkley and so was ted williams and so on

This is a lock. Simmons has never had to sweat his lack of real-sportswriter chops because he could always play off the spectacularly stupid things he writes as comedy, but nowadays there are a half-dozen websites that do it better than he ever did. Smart move to stick with the Booyas, because their ability to build a Simmons Brand is really the only thing keeping him from being buried alive by Magary, Daulerio et al.

Have to disagree with you there. Simmons has always been hilarious to me and I still enjoy reading/listening to him as often as I can. I do get that feeling that some NY fans just can't give in and enjoy a Boston sports fan, which I understand. Also, 30 for 30 is fantastic.

Now remember I said all around meaning going over the middle makinf the TOUGH catch. There is noone better vertically but thats all he does.

1. Andre Johnson

2. Calvin Johnson

3. Riddy White

4. Miles Austin

5. Santonio Holmes

6. Brandon Marshall

7. Larry Fitzgerald

8. Reggie Wayne

9. Vincent Jackson

10. Greg Jennimgs

11. Steve Smith Car.

12. Anquan Boldin

13. DeSean Jackson

there are a few more a little older who did more all around then Randy. TO, 85. 1 or 2 are just as scary as Randy straight vertically and the ones who are not are considerably better going across the middle for the tough catches. Also im talking today right now not 2007, or 1998.

For this season alone, I'd still take Moss over all of those guys except maybe Andre and Fitz. Doesn't matter how you produce, just how much.

For this season alone, I'd still take Moss over all of those guys except maybe Andre and Fitz. Doesn't matter how you produce, just how much.

umm excuse me, why are we leaving off MEGATRON?

and where is Sidney Rice? and WHERE'S WES WELKAH? ;)

you are a complete moron. you may take the crown of "class dunce" from Scott Dierking's head.

randy moss is an all time great so was dan marino and so was charles barkley and so was ted williams and so on

Where the **** did I say he is not an all time great? I am arguing the Pats will be fine without him not ever did I say he is not an alltime great. Just stating a fact the TD recorf didnt get him a ring. Just like Dan Marino didnt get a ring. This is a team game there is 11 men on the field not 2 Beli saw Brady only looking for Moss against theJets in the 2nd half did more damage than good.

Have to disagree with you there. Simmons has always been hilarious to me and I still enjoy reading/listening to him as often as I can. I do get that feeling that some NY fans just can't give in and enjoy a Boston sports fan, which I understand. Also, 30 for 30 is fantastic.

Something something, random 80s movie quote blah blah celtics.

/simmonsd

No he's definitely not.

incarceratedbob BREAKING STORY Mets manager Jerry Manuel will be fired after a 2-9 West Coast trip. Sources indicate will inform Manuel in NY Before Tuesday

incarceratedbob BREAKING NEWS Mets will inform Jerry Manuel that his services will no longer be needed. Sources indicate this will take place before Tuesday

incarceratedbob **BREAKING NEWS** WFAN Sources & incarcerated Bob have been informed that the Mets will Fire Jerry Manuel before Tuesday's game.

incarceratedbob ***BREAKING STORY*** Mets now are front runners & yes they are offering (Thole/Mejia/Pagan 4th player possible) F-Mart has been deleted

incarceratedbob **BREAKING NEWS** Mets are front runners but deal is still being shopped to Twins and of course Yankees are always a threat. Thole impressed

incarceratedbob Mets have just made a huge PUSH , including PAGAN **BREAKING NEWS* Mets now front runners in push for LEE. Sea wanted Pagan not F-Mart

incarceratedbob *BREAKING NEWS* METS are now front runners for Cliff Lee: I have a direct source in Mets Front office saying, Offer is (Mejia/Pagan/Thole)

incarceratedbob While all mainstream "MEDIA" keep looking at the regular same old stuff , i dig deeper. **BREAKING NEWS** Modell's Has Lebron Knick Jerseys

incarceratedbob Modell's is not wasting millions of dollars on Lebron Knick Jerseys for no reason. Mitchell Modell Bought 2 Million worth of MSG Stock Yday

incarceratedbob *BREAKING NEWS* Modell's jumps the gun. Lebron "Knick" jerseys confirmed to be ready to ship from warehouse's for Friday. Mitchell Modell

incarceratedbob WFAN & incarcerated Bob have learned Lebron James will announce that he is signing on with the NY Knicks for 3 Years . 3 sources confirm

incarceratedbob 3 Sources confirm / No matter what anyone tells you from now to Thursday my sources are 110% reliable. Lebron will be a Knick on Thursday

incarceratedbob This is a reliable source *LEBRON JAMES* will announce he will be coming to NY on Thurs & has security team in place for Friday press conf

incarceratedbob ***BREAKING NEWS*** Three Sources Have *CONFIRMED* that Lebron James will announce that he is signing on with the NY KNICKS.

So how many things has he been right about?

You guys have a real short memory unreal. 2001, 2003, 2004, who was the guy anyone double teamed. Can you name the WR with the most catches, TD catches, Yards without googling it. I didnt think so, oh in case you forgot the Pats won the superbowl those years. Brady is the straw thst stirs the drink not Moss end of story.

I agree, but think you have to take it a bit further.

I'll give you the fact that Brady might be the one that stirs the offensive pot, but the most important factor in their 2001, 2003 and 2004 victories was not their offense, but their defense.

Ever since 2001, the patriots have only been out of the top 10 in pts/game one year, 2003, and they were 12th. Yes, they'll be fine without Moss, not the same high scoring offense, but still top 10. However, the years they won, they were 6th, 1st and tied for 2nd in pts/game on defense.

They will be a playoff team, but they just do not possess the same caliber defense that they boasted in their super bowl days.

I agree, but think you have to take it a bit further.

I'll give you the fact that Brady might be the one that stirs the offensive pot, but the most important factor in their 2001, 2003 and 2004 victories was not their offense, but their defense.

Ever since 2001, the patriots have only been out of the top 10 in pts/game one year, 2003, and they were 12th. Yes, they'll be fine without Moss, not the same high scoring offense, but still top 10. However, the years they won, they were 6th, 1st and tied for 2nd in pts/game on defense.

They will be a playoff team, but they just do not possess the same caliber defense that they boasted in their super bowl days.

"I'm not lookin' at you dudes, I'm looking past you." - Jay-Z (Heart of the City)

It's corny but I've always liked that line and it fits here...The Pats don't care about 2010 in the way we care about 2010...anything good that happens this year for them would be gravy. Moss wasn't and isn't a key to what they're doing anymore...someone like him would be nice sure...they have the resources to do that if they want...but he would just turn into a bother as the season moved on. Belichick is just taking this shot to get rid of him before it becomes an issue.

Neither, you put Revis on Harvin. Let Cro pick up where he left off.

Exactly. Cromartie was just fine covering Moss last time around. Harvin, however, is a bad match-up for Cro, but probably a pretty good one for Revis. Besides, with only a few days of practice in Minny, you can bet that Favre won't be as comfortable throwing to Moss.

"I'm not lookin' at you dudes, I'm looking past you." - Jay-Z (Heart of the City)

It's corny but I've always liked that line and it fits here...The Pats don't care about 2010 in the way we care about 2010...anything good that happens this year for them would be gravy. Moss wasn't and isn't a key to what they're doing anymore...someone like him would be nice sure...they have the resources to do that if they want...but he would just turn into a bother as the season moved on. Belichick is just taking this shot to get rid of him before it becomes an issue.

So the Pats have given up on the season?

Besides, with only a few days of practice in Minny, you can bet that Favre won't be as comfortable throwing to Moss.

Are you kidding me? Grandpa Favre has had a non pharmaceutical produced boner since this news broke. Moss can walk off the street on Sunday to any team in the NFL without seeing a playbook and still be a threat.

Agreed that the Pats are clearly looking past 2010 though...They have 5 picks in the first 3 rounds next year...They'll probably have two picks in the top 20...They own a terrible Carolina team's 2nd round pick...

Overall I agree with your point of view...I just don't think it'll hold that team back as much as everyone here seems convinced it will. I mean really...the idea that a Tom Brady led offense was built around another player? Sure...for a year or two w/e you want to call it...but if you have a great QB then it's pretty much a lock that he's the focal point of the offense.

It seems that I have been hearing that same line about the Pats for about four years now. They always seem to have a gazillion draft picks. Guess what? They've squandered most of them.

Right now, and this will be even more true once the Moss deal is finalized, the Pats are as far as they have ever been from winning a Super Bowl as they have been in the Brady and Belichick era and as time goes on the likelihood of them ever doing it again decreases exponentially.

Archived