Now Taking Reservations For Revis Island

The Gun Of Bavaria

Don't bother, dude. He sucks and that's that! Start Lowery. True, Cromartie got burnt by Moss in the same exact fashion as him, and got toasted all game in week one while Revis pitched a no-hitter, but....can we please just forget this ******* has been already. Cromartie has hit his stride (except for that one play) he's our #1. Revis is like 4th behind Wilson right now.

lol@ hero worship masquerading as sarcasm.

He sucked a$$ this game.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He did have a great open field tackle on Peterson, and I mean great! Few DB's make that play as well as he did.

Still, something is badly wrong with him. The game isn't disastrous, it's about where you'd expect a guy coming off an injury, without much game time to be. It's just the fact that he's a trash talker who couldn't back up his words, which simply makes him a complete punk.

So he makes great open field tackles and scrambles 16 dozen eggs on a no gain fumble return, but he's not 100%

Revis at 75% is better than most NFL corner-backs, except when it comes to coverage. :huh:

Don't bother, dude. He sucks and that's that! Start Lowery. True, Cromartie got burnt by Moss in the same exact fashion as him, and got toasted all game in week one while Revis pitched a no-hitter, but....can we please just forget this ******* has been already. Cromartie has hit his stride (except for that one play) he's our #1. Revis is like 4th behind Wilson right now.

How many posts can you quote where somebody said he sucks? :blink::blink::blink:

Not for nothing, but did you really see Moss giving it 100% on every single play?? Even to start the game you could see he wasn't going all out on plays that weren't going to him. Is that not what Revis said?? He said Randy takes plays off, Randy responded by taking plays off. I don't consider that really trash talking. Revis usually follows that up by sanding Randy is an all-world talent...just calling it like he sees em. If he says nothing when reporters talk to him, they get pissed and will start to paint him even more negatively in the media...it's just a now win for him.

I agree he played uncharacteristacally poor tonight, but he had some big plays. He had one hell of an open field tackle on AD to start the game off that was huge, recovered a fumble, had a pd...not a great game as he got burned, but it happens. I too wish he'd just say absolutely nothing, but I don't think like he was calling Moss out this week and saying he sucked balls.

How many plays did Revis take off tonight?

he got burned by a TE, he tripped over thin air and if it weren't for an awful Favre throw, Harvin wouldve gone 60 yards for the lead. he got utterly mowed down by AP. He claimed he was 100% but he was gimpy in the second half. I wasnt impressed with his 'effort' tonight.

Also, just responding in general on when Moss gave up running after harvin. Harvin, who has world class speed, had a few stride lead on Revis and there was absolutely zero chance Revis, who is clearly not 100%, was going to catch him. Doesn't mean he is giving up for the sake of not trying, but that there was literally no chance he was going to catch him.

Was Favre mailing it in when he didn't bust his balls to try to tackle Lowery at the end?? Hell no, he just knows there's no way he can cover that ground in time to tackle him. It might look terrible and lazy, but I don't say Revis gave up because he just decided to not care...he just knew there was zero chance of catching him. Which doesn't excuse him allowing the td, he got torched, straight and simple. I just don't think he's half assing it, because he now has that money.

He did have a great open field tackle on Peterson, and I mean great! Few DB's make that play as well as he did.

Still, something is badly wrong with him. The game isn't disastrous, it's about where you'd expect a guy coming off an injury, without much game time to be. It's just the fact that he's a trash talker who couldn't back up his words, which simply makes him a complete punk.

That was a great play, text book tackle, but he's finished.

So he makes great open field tackles and scrambles 16 dozen eggs on a no gain fumble return, but he's not 100%

Revis at 75% is better than most NFL corner-backs, except when it comes to coverage. :huh:

You make out like he was picked on all night. He may have wore down badly towards the end, he's not in football shape IMO and it showed as Harvin had the beating of him all 4th quarter and that play to Lewis was just a complete **** up, he had him covered and then just left him alone. He's just not tuned in at all, it was like he overestimated his ability to jump that route, probably because he normally can if you see what I mean.

It's harder and harder for me to make excuses for him not because they're made up, but because he's a douche.

You make out like he was picked on all night. He may have wore down badly towards the end, he's not in football shape IMO and it showed as Harvin had the beating of him all 4th quarter and that play to Lewis was just a complete **** up, he had him covered and then just left him alone. He's just not tuned in at all, it was like he overestimated his ability to jump that route, probably because he normally can if you see what I mean.

It's harder and harder for me to make excuses for him not because they're made up, but because he's a douche.

I agree, maybe he should stop running his mouth.

How many plays did Revis take off tonight?

he got burned by a TE, he tripped over thin air and if it weren't for an awful Favre throw, Harvin wouldve gone 60 yards for the lead. he got utterly mowed down by AP. He claimed he was 100% but he was gimpy in the second half. I wasnt impressed with his 'effort' tonight.

He got tossed aside by Harvin on that final play, when he had his momentum moving in a different direction and harvin threw him to the ground. That happens, it was just a simple fact of harvin outplaying revis. Harvin, in the slot, was an absolute nightmare matchup for revis and his hammy and it was obvious harvin had his number.

He got mowed down my AD at the end of the game, but peterson does that to a lot of people, especially dbs. I say Revis got him good in the beginning and AD got him back at the end.

You are 100% right, I wasn't impressed with his effort tonight either. But I really don't think his play will go anywhere but up. We shall see.

Not for nothing, but did you really see Moss giving it 100% on every single play?? Even to start the game you could see he wasn't going all out on plays that weren't going to him. Is that not what Revis said?? He said Randy takes plays off, Randy responded by taking plays off. I don't consider that really trash talking. Revis usually follows that up by sanding Randy is an all-world talent...just calling it like he sees em. If he says nothing when reporters talk to him, they get pissed and will start to paint him even more negatively in the media...it's just a now win for him.

I agree he played uncharacteristacally poor tonight, but he had some big plays. He had one hell of an open field tackle on AD to start the game off that was huge, recovered a fumble, had a pd...not a great game as he got burned, but it happens. I too wish he'd just say absolutely nothing, but I don't think like he was calling Moss out this week and saying he sucked balls.

Darrelle Revis in minicamp when sitting out a practice:

“I sat out for a little bit. I was just letting them know I can play and I cannot play.”

He's a grade a punk and should just shut the **** up about Randy Moss. He's no ******* different.

lol@ hero worship masquerading as sarcasm.

He sucked a$$ this game.

agreed. (Hey Brooklyn, there's one.) lol

"hero worship masquarading as sarcasm" what? lol

Revis DID suck a$$ this game.(for him that is, not for, let's say, Vance Joseph) what's the ******* problem?

I don't know what that means.

Revis was a one year deal. He's over with.

The hunger which drives a person to do it year after year isn't there. Not one single athlete who had this hunger was money grubby. The ones who do it year after year are different. Revis isn't one of those, he's not a great athlete. Look at BLT, he was a top ten pick in the draft and was rich from day one. With all that money he's still a MACHINE. Don't get in LT's way until he's dead.

agreed. (Hey Brooklyn, there's one.) lol

"hero worship masquarading as sarcasm" what? lol

Revis DID suck a$$ this game.(for him that is, not for, let's say, Vance Joseph) what's the ******* problem?

I don't know what that means.

She did not say he sucks. :blink:

He got tossed aside by Harvin on that final play, when he had his momentum moving in a different direction and harvin threw him to the ground. That happens, it was just a simple fact of harvin outplaying revis. Harvin, in the slot, was an absolute nightmare matchup for revis and his hammy and it was obvious harvin had his number.

He got mowed down my AD at the end of the game, but peterson does that to a lot of people, especially dbs. I say Revis got him good in the beginning and AD got him back at the end.

You are 100% right, I wasn't impressed with his effort tonight either. But I really don't think his play will go anywhere but up. We shall see.

I want to see him get better, I love Revis! Im just not a fan of running your mouth and embarrassing yourself on National TV!

Thank Jah for Cromartie & Lowery.

And I still think he shouldve taken his a$$ to Training Camp.

Agreed. The only thing that pisses me off about some people here is the joy they seem to get out of him doing bad. It's ******* stupid but whatever, all of a sudden he'll turn it on.

If you haven't noticed, some people on this site are ******* retarded. They take joy in some of the players on the team they supposedly root for getting beat or doing badly. IMO, you root for every single player on the team, or you are not a real fan. Not you meaning you specifically, I mean in general. Revis is the new Pennington, the new Kerry Rhodes, the new Gholston, and personally I find it embarrassing to be associated with Jets' fans like that.

Also, just responding in general on when Moss gave up running after harvin. Harvin, who has world class speed, had a few stride lead on Revis and there was absolutely zero chance Revis, who is clearly not 100%, was going to catch him. Doesn't mean he is giving up for the sake of not trying, but that there was literally no chance he was going to catch him.

Was Favre mailing it in when he didn't bust his balls to try to tackle Lowery at the end?? Hell no, he just knows there's no way he can cover that ground in time to tackle him. It might look terrible and lazy, but I don't say Revis gave up because he just decided to not care...he just knew there was zero chance of catching him. Which doesn't excuse him allowing the td, he got torched, straight and simple. I just don't think he's half assing it, because he now has that money.

Why does Revis get excuses but Moss is a slouch? When Moss knows the ball isn't going to get thrown his way and he's just the decoy or it'll be a running play why should he waste his energy running hard just to look like he's running hard? He's still performing his role--taking up DBs---and he's still putting up monster stats when he gets a chance, so why?

Revis chose to open this can of worms. He should have shut the **** up. He's a ******* slouch himself because in Revis world you're supposed to be running full speed all the time no matter what. What a jackass.

People need to stop defending him. I hope he goes out there and shuts people down again but he's still going to be an a$$. I'm never going to root for a guy who is an a$$hole but it's not like I'm going to root against the team he's on or him directly as long as he's honest about it and is consistent. Plenty of people talk trash and it can be funny, especially if the other guy talks too. But when you talk you just get no excuses. None. Excuses are for classy people only. If you talk a lot and then make excuses you're just a bitch.

As much as I dislike this punk as a person, there are some embarrassing posts in here about Darrelle Revis the player.

"one year wonder"? Yeah, because he sucked balls in the other years, right?

Give me a ******* break. He was on his way to becoming the best from day 1, he became the best last season and he will be the best when he's healthy again.

If you haven't noticed, some people on this site are ******* retarded. They take joy in some of the players on the team they supposedly root for getting beat or doing badly. IMO, you root for every single player on the team, or you are not a real fan. Not you meaning you specifically, I mean in general. Revis is the new Pennington, the new Kerry Rhodes, the new Gholston, and personally I find it embarrassing to be associated with Jets' fans like that.

Who's taking joy in it?

It makes me sick!

Thank D-Low we won!

Whoa! wait a minute! Hey look guys, another clown, douchebag, homer! Exactly KS, it is embarrassing! It's actually pathetic the lengths they go to to dis their own team. sociopaths...lol Good game tonite.

As much as I dislike this punk as a person, there are some embarrassing posts in here about Darrelle Revis the player.

"one year wonder"? Yeah, because he sucked balls in the other years, right?

Give me a ******* break. He was on his way to becoming the best from day 1, he became the best last season and he will be the best when he's healthy again.

Damn, thank God there are some mentally stable Jet fans online. Christ, it's retarded.

Randy Moss just gave Revis a compliment on ESPN. #shocking!

Revis will probably end up calling him a "slouch" again <_<

Nurse that Hammy Darrelle, we need you full strength next week.

He has been complimentary the entire time. The only negative thing he said was that Revis was getting safety help over the top last year against him. Who knows, I wasn't watching that closely on every play so he very well might have been. Considering Revis' track record, why should I believe him over Moss on this? If a neutral third party could confirm it one way or the other it'd be something, but instead all we got was Moss vs. Revis on that.

It's Revis that has been running his mouth about a sure fire first ballot Hall of Famer. If their careers ended today, Revis is but a footnote, while Moss is an all time great. That'd be like Lebron James trashing Michael Jordan. Even if James is right on something, he should still shut up about it. Wait until you're a commentator or a legend yourself before opening your mouth.

Darrelle Revis in minicamp when sitting out a practice:

“I sat out for a little bit. I was just letting them know I can play and I cannot play.”

He's a grade a punk and should just shut the **** up about Randy Moss. He's no ******* different.

Well, in all fairness, Revis was referring to playing during camp and not taking plays off during a game. I've never heard anyone every criticize revis for taking plays off or not giving it his all during a game.

Revis was a one year deal. He's over with.

The hunger which drives a person to do it year after year isn't there. Not one single athlete who had this hunger was money grubby. The ones who do it year after year are different. Revis isn't one of those, he's not a great athlete. Look at BLT, he was a top ten pick in the draft and was rich from day one. With all that money he's still a MACHINE. Don't get in LT's way until he's dead.

How about, every Boxer ever?? All the greats have chased money, yet still show that hunger. Emmit smith held out a few games into the season until the 'boys realized Derrick lassic was teh suck. Eric Dickerson held out for 80 days against the colts and the GOAT Jerry Rice held out 37 days. Want to rethink that statement again??

Well, in all fairness, Revis was referring to playing during camp and not taking plays off during a game. I've never heard anyone every criticize revis for taking plays off or not giving it his all during a game.

How about, every Boxer ever?? All the greats have chased money, yet still show that hunger. Emmit smith held out a few games into the season until the 'boys realized Derrick lassic was teh suck. Eric Dickerson held out for 80 days against the colts and the GOAT Jerry Rice held out 37 days. Want to rethink that statement again??

Mike Irvin, michael haynes, john riggins, ken obrien, It doesnt matter, bro. Misery brews misery. Every ******* star holds out! its a sad fact. Mike singletary, our own receivers coach henry ellard. This is the most retarded sh*t i've ever seen. Just stay off the bandwagon later, please.

He has been complimentary the entire time. The only negative thing he said was that Revis was getting safety help over the top last year against him. Who knows, I wasn't watching that closely on every play so he very well might have been. Considering Revis' track record, why should I believe him over Moss on this? If a neutral third party could confirm it one way or the other it'd be something, but instead all we got was Moss vs. Revis on that.

It's Revis that has been running his mouth about a sure fire first ballot Hall of Famer. If their careers ended today, Revis is but a footnote, while Moss is an all time great. That'd be like Lebron James trashing Michael Jordan. Even if James is right on something, he should still shut up about it. Wait until you're a commentator or a legend yourself before opening your mouth.

I agree with this.

I just want Revis to shut up, I liked him a lot better when he was quiet and did his work.

Archived