Drew Coleman...

gangreenman

This is what I have been wondering about, I care less about all the other BS all that is important right now is we got the win and Coleman is ok.

Also I don't give a sh*t if Revis says he is 100% healthy he sits Sunday, and gets 2 weeks to rest that hammy and have no more excuses period.

This is what I have been wondering about, I care less about all the other BS all that is important right now is we got the win and Coleman is ok.

Also I don't give a sh*t if Revis says he is 100% healthy he sits Sunday, and gets 2 weeks to rest that hammy and have no more excuses period.

+1

Revis was obviously just saying that, he does not need camp either. :blink:

Just read on Twitter (I cant put up the quotes or link cause I am at work and cant access twitter from CPU must read on Phone) Bob Glauber reports Cramps should be ok. Jane McManus, Drew Coleman said he flu-ish or something in the middle of the game, woozy head, needed IV's, and wasn't right when he returned. He said he would be ok.

Very good news.

My oh my has everyone gone a 180 on the kid, and rightly so. I just find it funny how the perception of a player can go from being that he shouldn't even belong on our 53 man roster, to the savior in a few weeks. Coleman is succeeding, because he is asked to do what he's capable of doing. He's played extremely well thus far, but the key is, Rex and Pettine are putting him in a place where his skills are best suited. Gotta love Rex for being able to understand the limitations of a player and take advantage of his skills. Love what coleman has been doing.

On a sidenote, between the sack and the INT last night, Lowery might being turning into a baller. I see him making a big play at least once a game for the rest of the season.

My oh my has everyone gone a 180 on the kid, and rightly so. I just find it funny how the perception of a player can go from being that he shouldn't even belong on our 53 man roster, to the savior in a few weeks. Coleman is succeeding, because he is asked to do what he's capable of doing. He's played extremely well thus far, but the key is, Rex and Pettine are putting him in a place where his skills are best suited. Gotta love Rex for being able to understand the limitations of a player and take advantage of his skills. Love what coleman has been doing.

On a sidenote, between the sack and the INT last night, Lowery might being turning into a baller. I see him making a big play at least once a game for the rest of the season.

Ummm, I was always a Drew Coleman fan.

Ummm, I was always a Drew Coleman fan.

Well than maybe you were the one, but I certainly wasn't. I never crucified the guy like some, but he never earned my confidence like he has now either. I just think it's funny seeing as how the perception on him has changed in a few weeks...I'm very eager to see the reaction to Revis by week 12 or so.

While we are on the topic of our DBs, these are my feelings on these guys:

I liked Coleman a ton in 2006. You have to figure that a 7th rounder that starts most of the season on a playoff team will be good. He seemed to regress and didn't show me much last year, but it seemed that Rex and Pettine like to use him in the slot. I figured they knew better than me and that's why he got the extension, though drafting Wilson seemed to show they were too comfortable with Coleman.

Lowery made that play looking at the QB. Like a safety and like many of us expected. He may be a borderline sh*tty man CB, but facing the play he looks good. It still seems it would be in Lowery's best interests to get to a cover 2 team, but while he is here I hope they get the most out of him.

Marquise Cole actually looks like he has some value. He's looking good on specials (doing what they hoped Clowney would) and made some plays at the end - probably after Coleman went down. The funny thing is, I remember that DWC was actually touting the kid as a late rounder in the draft. Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

This D can make CBs look good. While they don't get a ton of sacks, the CB knows that he doesn't have to cover for very long. That lets them jump routes and play up close without fear of getting lost. The WR doesn't have much time for that double move crap. Case in point, Wilson jumping that 3rd down route on Shiancoe. If he didn't know that the pressure was there, Favre waits (fat chance) and Shiancoe and roll up field easy.

True, but he was on Monday night. I think there are a bunch of things going on there:

Revis is hurt. I don't know how bad, but it's obviuos he doesn't want to push himself. He may be hurt because he missed camp, he's out of shape or just a fluke. I don't care. He can't be that far out of shape. He was at the minicamp.

The injury has taken away his supposed invincibility. We'll see if he gets it back after the bye. It's like closers in baseball. That's why they just pitch one inning. Teams might realize they can do damage if they only need sac flys.

How comfortable is Revis in the slot? I know he supposedly followed guys around, but I don't remember much slot work. Steve 4mith maybe? Either way he did not look good v Harvin

I think we overrate Revis. He's great, but that wasn't the first catch Moss made against him.

I think Revis is good and smart and takes big advantage of the pressure in his coverage.

Bottom line: Revis will be fine. We may have to let Cro cover the guys he physically suited to because I think a guy like Harvin would eat him up.

Writing these long boring posts on a whiteberry isn't easy. I hope you have as much trouble reading it as I did writing it

Archived