ALCS: Yankees vs. Rangers

Morrissey

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RSVIA aside they look pretty hittable.

The APEX shows that almost everyone is hittable on any given day.

Hughes didn't land his curve. Now last night C.C. was terrible. That was very uncharacteristic of him. Hopefully the Yankees can get through these next two series until Cliff Lee joins the rotation next year, lol.

Glad to see that the Yankees finally mastered the 1st and 3rd defense. Fake throw by Posada...

Having played and coached little league, 3rd graders playing catcher KNOW not to do what Posada did today. It's a no brainer; don't give up a cheap run like that. You can throw to 3rd or the pitcher and have them throw it back right away,or fake a throw and go for the tag.The worst thing you can do is what he did.For an MLB catcher to fall for something so stupid is apalling.

For 2 years running his offense is nonexistent, and his defense is now beyond bad. His contract is beginning to look downright Varitekian in suckiness. And as to the inside thing, Posada cannot frame pitches because at 38 simply catching the ball is no easy task anymore.Suspect Austin Romaine or Jesus Montero are going to be catching a bunch of games in 2011, and Posada will be a DH who catches once or twice a week. And may be the excsue that his offense is suffering because he's catching is just that, and he's not much of a DH either.

All things considered, the Yanks got a split with 2 bad starting performances. This is still their series to lose.

Bugg I agree. They complimented Posada for blocking balls today and he did okay with that. He makes weird errors though, ball hitting off his glove. He spends too much time chasing balls at the back stop.

I think he will be okay as a DH. He doesn't put up monster numbers but a switch hitter who works the count and has some pop is a good thing. The contract is rough but the core guys are being rewarded for past success. It will be interesting with Jeter come contract time.

Definitely think its time we move on in regards to Posada. Bring up the youth and lets see what they got next year. I could handle Jeter for another two years. I'm still confident we have this series. Think we win it 4-2. I think we beat Lee Monday which should make it interesting in the offseason lol

Its panic time. The Yanks are 1 good 8th inning from the Rangers from being down 0-2.

Now we come back to face CLiff Lee... we're not hitting with RISP and Posada is worthless. At this point I'd much rather see Cervelli back there than Posada.

Its panic time. The Yanks are 1 good 8th inning from the Rangers from being down 0-2.

Now we come back to face CLiff Lee... we're not hitting with RISP and Posada is worthless. At this point I'd much rather see Cervelli back there than Posada.

Panic time called. It said chillax.

Series isn't over but a few things that are bad...

• The crowd didn't have much to cheer about but that was pretty damn quiet. Way to let a lot of the young Rangers settle in and not have to deal with any crowd noise.
  • They needed to scratch out some runs against the kid closer last night. He is what 21? He can be had and they needed to get in his head a bit. Now he is feeling comfortable as well, not good.
  • AJ is capable of pitching well. His control is a big issue and it is also possible that he completely melts down. That's how he has been this year. But I would rather have someone like him going out there then someone who always sucks and pitches to a 4.80 era year after year. With AJ there is risk but there is upside. Sucks that it pretty much determines the series though, that is a lot riding on a guy they wanted to write off.

Archived