Sign in to follow this  
Morrissey

ALCS: Yankees vs. Rangers

Looks like no need to cancel Cablevision for not showing the World Series... :angry:

You're gonna miss out on some pretty good baseball.

You're gonna miss out on some pretty good baseball.

Some people can only like baseball if the teams are composed of megalopolis millionaires with name brand.

That is a shame because you will miss a Ranger team that plays solid fundamental baseball and a Giant team that pitches and is opportunistic on offense and can win a close game.

An intriguing match-up from my perspective.

and a Giant team that pitches and is opportunistic on offense and can win a close game.

Plus they have a closer named Brian Wilson.

He gives me excitations.

Some people can only like baseball if the teams are composed of megalopolis millionaires with name brand.

That is a shame because you will miss a Ranger team that plays solid fundamental baseball and a Giant team that pitches and is opportunistic on offense and can win a close game.

An intriguing match-up from my perspective.

That is all well and good but he isn't getting the game for reasons that are beyond his control.

He was going to cancel his cable provider and make a big switch to watch the Yankees. Not many people are going to cancel to watch the Rangers. They play the game well and do everything right. I agree completely, they are fun to watch.

That being said there is no reason that a Yankee fan would cancel Cablevision to go see that. If Fox reaches and agreement soon, great.

That being said there is no reason that a Yankee fan would cancel Cablevision to go see that. If Fox reaches and agreement soon, great.

I'd cancel on principle, Max. Time Warner, for all their flaws, worked out a deal with ESPN during their conflict with them without any blackout whatsoever. Allowing people to not get a major station for any period of time is just bad business for bigtime cable companies already losing customers in droves to DirecTV.

I'd cancel on principle, Max. Time Warner, for all their flaws, worked out a deal with ESPN during their conflict with them without any blackout whatsoever. Allowing people to not get a major station for any period of time is just bad business for bigtime cable companies already losing customers in droves to DirecTV.

I would cancel on principle. I would cancel to watch the Yankees or the Jets.

I would not cancel so I could watch the Texas Rangers play the game right. I would just go to the library and rent an instructional DVD for that.

I would cancel on principle. I would cancel to watch the Yankees or the Jets.

I would not cancel so I could watch the Texas Rangers play the game right. I would just go to the library and rent an instructional DVD for that.

We seem to be at odds here. I don't think who is playing in the World Series would influence my decision on this, and I would have done it immediately after Fox went off the air. I watch "Fringe" on Fox occasionally. But then again I'm a Mets fan with no dog in the fight. <_<

Edited by Jetsfan80

We seem to be at odds here. I don't think who is playing in the World Series would influence my decision on this, and I would have done it immediately after Fox went off the air. I watch "Fringe" on Fox occasionally. But then again I'm a Mets fan with no dog in the fight. <_<

I would have done it when they went off the air.

I have done it in a chair.

I think Dolan is an ass.

I would have canceled fast.

We are saying the same thing.

If this is unclear, give me a ring.

I would have done it when they went off the air.

I have done it in a chair.

I think Dolan is an a$$.

I would have canceled fast.

We are saying the same thing.

If this is unclear, give me a ring.

Dammit Max. Now I have to disagree with you. On principle.