Gholston will get his first sack in Denver

ZachEY

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Prediction: next season, Vernon Gholston will be playing for the Cincinnati Bengals and he will get a sack. The footage of that sack will air on SportsCenter and there will be a group of posters here who will launch a 14 page thread taunting the rest of the Jets fanbase for ever daring to call him a bust, citing their own football genius as being validated yet again for quietly (very, very quietly) supporting him. He is next year's Kerry Rhodes.

Prediction: next season, Vernon Gholston will be playing for the Cincinnati Bengals and he will get a sack. The footage of that sack will air on SportsCenter and there will be a group of posters here who will launch a 14 page thread taunting the rest of the Jets fanbase for ever daring to call him a bust, citing their own football genius as being validated yet again for quietly (very, very quietly) supporting him. He is next year's Kerry Rhodes.

VERNON NEEDS A CHANGE OF SCENERY!

It's not that crazy of a prediction. Denver's line is one of the worst in the league.

But the Ghost is one of the worst in the league too. I think for him to get a sack the opposing QB is literally just going to have to fall down and Gholston will have to be lucky enough to trip over him.

What's the cap hit going to be when we cut him after this season?

Slightly above 5.1 million unless the Jets did some tricky cap maneuvering on his restructure. My guess is they redo his deal again and bring his 2011 cap charge down from 6.2 to 3.7 million and then dump him in 2012 when the cap hit is 2.9 million.

I will start that thread. :yes:

Not really.

When a man 20 years your senior jukes you out of your shoes. You should hang your head in shame.

Too bad we don't play the Titans this year. I would love to see the epic showdown between Gholston and Vince Young. Young could just point at some place else on the field and Gholston would probably run to it, yeah he'd basically play Simon Says with him.

it's really shocking he hasn't even gotten an easy "the qb ran right into me" sack

so what is the theory here ?

is he heartless ?

brainless ?

passive ?

I think the most telling thing was when rex orchestrated the fight in camp with turner and ghost

they think he just doesn't have a mean streak, or the desire or fight to get through blockers

it's really shocking he hasn't even gotten an easy "the qb ran right into me" sack

so what is the theory here ?

is he heartless ?

brainless ?

passive ?

I think the most telling thing was when rex orchestrated the fight in camp with turner and ghost

they think he just doesn't have a mean streak, or the desire or fight to get through blockers

He has no desire to get off of a block. None. He sticks to offensive linemen like it's his job. And, judging by his interviews, he clearly doesn't give a sh*t that he's an outright bust. Truly shocking. No wonder Parcells left him on the board and grossly overpaid for Jake Long to be miscast as a left tackle.

I can't understand why he's even still here. He's obviously as bad at DE as he was at OLB. Cut him and let someone else have a shot because he's useless on defense and Special Teams.

Because the cap hit would have been nutso. I don't know whether this guy sucks because of lack of effort or he just isn't cut out to be an NFL player...perhaps both.

To say this guy is a bust is sugar coating it.

Because the cap hit would have been nutso. I don't know whether this guy sucks because of lack of effort or he just isn't cut out to be an NFL player...perhaps both.

He's only 24.

/bitonti'd.

there is no cap this year. would have been the perfect time to cut his a$$.

complaining about a 5-1 team best in the NFL is gay.

and people who complain about the defense don't have the hairy balls required to complain about Sanchez.

cause the worst part of the Jets is the passing offense, 25th in the league.

it was the worst part of the Jets last year too.

Gholston a rotational DL who plays mostly on run downs is the least of this team's issues.

and people who complain about the defense don't have the hairy balls required to complain about Sanchez.

Gholston a rotational DL who plays mostly on run downs is the least of this team's issues.

Everyone's a little tired of the 'you can't talk about my binkie' nonsense on a Jets discussion forum.

It is a football message board, not the United Nations. Nothing wrong with noting that the biggest bust in Jet history has shown absolutely no signs of improving. On the other hand, if all of your evaluations are based soley on stats - fine. How about this one? 5-1 versus 9-7. Or 9 TDs and 2 interceptions compared to 12 TDs and 20 interceptions? When you have the leauge's leading rushing offense, it is kinda silly to expect similar yardage stats in passing. If you don't think a lot of the team's improvement is due to Sanchez being light years better than last year, and shows every sign that he will only get better, you have some sort of agenda.

Archived