Moss/Branch

DireJet38

The thread title should be Moss>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Branch.

And that is being generous.

NE has changed it offense.

Thats why Moss was griping.

That might be a chicken & the egg argument.

I think the Pats came into this season prepared to trade Moss, and had begun to adjust the offense accordingly. Moss was griping about the Pats not paying back -when? -in April?

That might be a chicken & the egg argument.

Why?

They are using a different play book according to Brady. NE drafted 2 stud TEs and have Welker, Edelman and now Branch, who are more YAC guys. The long ball offense isnt the way to go. Short passes have a greater % of being completed and a better chance to beat the blitz.

I think the Pats came into this season prepared to trade Moss, and had begun to adjust the offense accordingly. Moss was griping about the Pats not paying back -when? -in April?

Seems like bad business trading this late in the season when potential buyers already have rosters in place. If Farve didnt really want Moss NE would have been stuck with him.

Why?

They are using a different play book according to Brady. NE drafted 2 stud TEs and have Welker, Edelman and now Branch, who are more YAC guys. The long ball offense isnt the way to go. Short passes have a greater % of being completed and a better chance to beat the blitz.

Seems like bad business trading this late in the season when potential buyers already have rosters in place. If Farve didnt really want Moss NE would have been stuck with him.

What I'm saying is that the Pats were getting away from what they were doing offensively largely because they knew they would be parting ways with Moss. Whether it was this season or next, they knew it was coming. While the team stopped winning championships, the offense has been much better with Moss than without him. Doesn't make a lot of sense to change the philosophy unless they knew they were going to be losing a key ingredient. The quick development of Hernandez coupled with the increased crankiness from Moss made the trade easier to make this year. That, and the Vikes' willingness to spend.

Brady and the Pats can and will play better, while the Sanchez and the Jets have peaked.

Pretty silly statement right there.

Jets offense, and particularly Sanchez, has a lot of room for improvement. Mark has shown that from last regular season, into the post-season, into this year. No real reason to suspect that improvement can't continue - especially as Santonio Holmes works his way into the mix.

Brady and the Pats' offense has been tremendous so far, it's the defense that sucks. How much better can you expect them to play after they trade away an All Pro WR?

Jets just added a star receiver, and have a young QB on the rise. Pats have an established QB who's best numbers have come with the WR the team just let go. I think you may have the team that can and will play better mixed up with the team that's peaked.

Why?

Sounds like they got Chad Pennington. :lol:

What I'm saying is that the Pats were getting away from what they were doing offensively largely because they knew they would be parting ways with Moss. Whether it was this season or next, they knew it was coming.

Yes, but Moss had 9 mil left on his contract. He was likely gone after this season until he shot his way out of town. One does not have to suspend disbelief to think that the Vikings were in Moss's head about giving him the money he thinks he deserves.

While the team stopped winning championships, the offense has been much better with Moss than without him. Doesn't make a lot of sense to change the philosophy unless they knew they were going to be losing a key ingredient. The quick development of Hernandez coupled with the increased crankiness from Moss made the trade easier to make this year. That, and the Vikes' willingness to spend.

The offense was predictable. Stop Moss and Welker. Now, the WR with the best matchup will get the ball unless there is a breakdown in coverage.

The Pats had to unload Moss at a discount since there was only 1 buyer.

The offense was predictable. Stop Moss and Welker. Now, the WR with the best matchup will get the ball unless there is a breakdown in coverage.

The Pats had to unload Moss at a discount since there was only 1 buyer.

While I understand the idea of spreading the ball around, I don't particularly get this sentiment. Why does the subtraction of moss now make the other receivers better?? With moss it was stop moss and welker, now without moss, it's stop everyone?? I think the offense will still be good, but I just don't think it will be as good. I also think they will struggle to come back from large deficits without that homerun threat. We shall see though.

While I understand the idea of spreading the ball around, I don't particularly get this sentiment. Why does the subtraction of moss now make the other receivers better?? With moss it was stop moss and welker, now without moss, it's stop everyone?? I think the offense will still be good, but I just don't think it will be as good. I also think they will struggle to come back from large deficits without that homerun threat. We shall see though.

the chowds are just spewing the least moronic spin they put together at patsie* planet

the reality is the pats* think gonzalez will replace moss

LOL

I know it's just spin, but I find it hard to believe, no matter the offense you run, how losing a Randy Moss could ever be a positive.

it's funny how the chowds whine about what the jets say, and call us arrogant, and then belicheat DOES this and he's "planning for the future"

BS

he thinks he can replace moss with gonzalez

LOL

the worst type of arrogance

Youve got it.

With Moss, you have to throw him the ball to keep him involved otherwise he takes plays off. 2 players getting 500 yards is the same as Moss getting 1000.

Keep dreaming.

Brady and the Pats can and will play better, while the Sanchez and the Jets have peaked.

What goes up must come down.

And you know this how ?

Right now the Jets have the better OL, a better running game and better WR

Sorry but Brady isn't pulling this one off on his own.

Archived