Colts will Trade Edgerin James

Smizzy

James is at the end of the road as far as I am concerned. He's not as good as he used to be and he wears down late in seasons. Still a good back and can be great at times but he's not a consistently great back anymore.

Colts would be wise to deal him if they can find some suitors.

Miami would be the place, He'd want to end his career.

You'd have to be an idiot to trade for James. He's two steps away from being washed up, and he doesn't work hard enough in the off-season to maintain a level of performance consistent with his contract.

I'm hoping that Saban is the "idiot"...I want this guy to fail more then Charlie Sheen did with Denise Richards... :D

You'd have to be an idiot to trade for James. He's two steps away from being washed up, and he doesn't work hard enough in the off-season to maintain a level of performance consistent with his contract.

weren't people saying the same about faulk when they traded him for nothing to st. louis to make room for edge?

taylor for edge makes perfect sense -

Where do I sign if I am Indy?

You and I can play CB for The Colts if Freeney and Taylor are rushing from the outside. Good luck getting those two guys away from your QB.

weren't people saying the same about faulk when they traded him for nothing to st. louis to make room for edge?

The same people were saying Dillon was washed up as well. James is a good back. Didn't he have 1500 yards last year in a pass happy offense?

The same people were saying Dillon was washed up as well. James is a good back. Didn't he have 1500 yards last year in a pass happy offense?

James is a good back. Noone is disputing that but he isn't as explosive as he used to be and he breaks down late in the year.

We are talking about a guy who was truly a great back headed to the hall of fame after his first 4 seasons but since the injuries, He hasn't been that same back. He's a good power back with nice quickness and he still has moves but he's not the big play back, He used to be.

Faulk was still an excellent player when The Colts dealt him and he was still in his prime.

As for Dillon. Everybody knew that Dillon was good. Pats were the perfect spot for him.

Dillon has lost a step, but he wasn't washed up. James is coming off a wrecked knee, has half of the acceleration he used to have, and has a ton of wear on the tires besides. As for his stats, the guy didn't see one eight-man box all last season. I could have gotten 1500 yards in that O and I only run a 4.5/40.

As for the Faulk comparison, I believe that was a different deal where Indy wanted a big back to pound it. They didn't want to give Faulk long-term money. Whoever gets Edge has to realized that he has maybe two years left as an effective back. Miami is about 5 years away.

Where do I sign if I am Indy?

You and I can play CB for The Colts if Freeney and Taylor are rushing from the outside. Good luck getting those two guys away from your QB.

Good luck to Indy trying to stop ANY RB from pounding out 150+ every game.

That's just it. Manning was on such a torrid pace last year that temas could not put 8 in the box to stop James.

He will not have that luxury in Miami. They do have some good receivers, and a terrific tight end in McMichael, but AJ Feeley is questionable and unproven as a starting NFL qb. I would rather concentrate on James, and force Feeley into 2nd/3rd and long. He was an INT machine last year, and he can be rattled into some big errors.

Also, the Fins line is also a question mark. Hudson Houck will make them better, but they do need to make some changes. There is a big difference between Indy and Miami's O Lines.

I think James can still run, but he's definetly not the player he was after wrecking his knee. he doesn't have the explosion or is as physical a back. I noticed that he limped badly in the Playoffs, but that might have more to do with a hip injury.

Rumor down here has Miami trading Surtain for James. It makes sense. He needs a new deal, as does James.

Saban likes to grind things out, and if James is traded, I could see him transition to the 3-4 slowly by drafting Derrick Johnson. Zack Thomas is on his last legs, and Senior Seau has maybe one year left.

James is a good back. Noone is disputing that but he isn't as explosive as he used to be and he breaks down late in the year.

We are talking about a guy who was truly a great back headed to the hall of fame after his first 4 seasons but since the injuries, He hasn't been that same back. He's a good power back with nice quickness and he still has moves but he's not the big play back, He used to be.

Faulk was still an excellent player when The Colts dealt him and he was still in his prime.

As for Dillon. Everybody knew that Dillon was good. Pats were the perfect spot for him.

I would put my faith in James. Remember that he has played his entire career on astroturf and he has made no secrect that he hates playing on turf.

Good luck to Indy trying to stop ANY RB from pounding out 150+ every game.

Point taken but you gotta admit. That pass rush would be scary, not as scary as your Donnie Darko avatar but scary nonetheless. It's easier to cover WR's when the other teams QB is kissing turf all day.

Tom Brady would run for his life if Indy got Taylor. Dillon might still run for 200, So your point was well made.

All this James is done talk is ridiculous.

How can anybody say he's done? the guys is 2 years off an ACL tear and rushed for 1,500 yards last year in Payton's Pass happy offense.

Curtis Martin is how old? ok then....Edge has alot more time before his time is up.

All this James is done talk is ridiculous.

How can anybody say he's done? the guys is 2 years off an ACL tear and rushed for 1,500 yards last year in Payton's Pass happy offense.

Curtis Martin is how old? ok then....Edge has alot more time before his time is up.

I think you and I are the only two people who feel this way. He has only been in the League 6 years!

Point taken but you gotta admit. That pass rush would be scary, not as scary as your Donnie Darko avatar but scary nonetheless. It's easier to cover WR's when the other teams QB is kissing turf all day.

Tom Brady would run for his life if Indy got Taylor. Dillon might still run for 200, So your point was well made.

It wouldn't make much sense for the Colts because Indy already has a good pass rusher opposite of Freeney. What they need is some good run stoppers not more pass rushers.

It's not about Age with James. Noone is saying that he is old. And, Noone is saying that he isn't a good back.

He's not a superstar RB anymore and his history with injuries has to concern any team that takes a chance with him. He also has attitude problems. Throw that in the mix.

Change of scenery could help, Playing on grass could help. Sure. He can still be a very good back in this league but you gotta wonder if the arrow is pointed downward with him. I say, YES. Especially after watching that Pats game.

If he goes to a team with a crappy offensive line and no passing game. He might not see the room, he saw last year.

Archived