The Walking Dead

SenorGato

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've come close to reading that book like 100 times. I've held it in my hand, walked around the store but always end up putting it back, I don't know why.

REEEEEEEEEEAD it. It's a legit great book, and probably the only zombie book ever written really worth reading.

Hollywood actually seems like they're going to try with the movie...isn't Pitt in it?

REEEEEEEEEEAD it. It's a legit great book, and probably the only zombie book ever written really worth reading.

Hollywood actually seems like they're going to try with the movie...isn't Pitt in it?

Yes, they did sign Pitt. It helps when the author is Mel Brooks's son, I suppose. Amazing that Mel can be a great comedy director and his son can write one of the best zombie books ever. What a talented family.

If anyone cares IGN has a review of the pilot episode. The Walking Dead seems to be the real deal. Score another hit for AMC, easily becoming my favorite channel.

If you do not want spoilers don't' read it. I read the graphic novels so no big deal for me.

http://tv.ign.com/articles/112/1128930p1.html

+1

Ever since Mad Men that network has just hit the nail on the head with show after show. Maybe it's because they stay away from the idea that every f*ckin non-comedy HAS to deal with cops, robbers, and lawyers...something the major networks just don't let happen.

+1

Ever since Mad Men that network has just hit the nail on the head with show after show. Maybe it's because they stay away from the idea that every f*ckin non-comedy HAS to deal with cops, robbers, and lawyers...something the major networks just don't let happen.

Yea how about that? Let's make some shows where you rely on the strength of acting and the unique relationships built over the course of the show. Rubicon started out slowly, VERY slowly but by the end of it I was interested and thought they did a good job. I actually think that's a show that would do well with another season. Breaking Bad is incredible without saying.

Debut went very smoothly...cliffhanger endings are pretty lame but the zombies are cool, the story looks interesting, and zombies are cool.

I thought it was excellently done and I'm excited to see how it translates the rest of the season. While there were some standard "zombie" things about the show, it didn't rely as much on the terror of the zombies, but rather the hopelessness the living face trying to survive. I also though the scariest or most tense part of the show was in the hospital down the dark stairwell with the matches. Yet nothing happened, to me that was brilliantly done as it used the tension of the setting to set the tone for that scene. It didn't need a zombie to jump out.

I thought it was excellently done and I'm excited to see how it translates the rest of the season. While there were some standard "zombie" things about the show, it didn't rely as much on the terror of the zombies, but rather the hopelessness the living face trying to survive. I also though the scariest or most tense part of the show was in the hospital down the dark stairwell with the matches. Yet nothing happened, to me that was brilliantly done as it used the tension of the setting to set the tone for that scene. It didn't need a zombie to jump out.

I actually almost shat my pants during that stairwell scene...It's a good thing that hospital managed to trap all the dead in one room. That lock looked strong.

The zombie design is very well done...

I really want to know what happens with Morgan and Duane...I was getting pissed watching because the dad was giving away their position like that...plus he didn't take the shot.

I actually almost shat my pants during that stairwell scene...It's a good thing that hospital managed to trap all the dead in one room. That lock looked strong.

The zombie design is very well done...

I really want to know what happens with Morgan and Duane...I was getting pissed watching because the dad was giving away their position like that...plus he didn't take the shot.

The make-up is incredible. I think AMC is once again breaking new ground and still relying upon strength of characters to differentiate their shows. It's not like CBS that's 20 different procedural crime/law dramas. That whole scene with Morgan and his wife and Rick and finding that half zombie to me was a good way of painting the goodness and at the same time, the weakness of humans. So amped for next week already.

The make-up is incredible. I think AMC is once again breaking new ground and still relying upon strength of characters to differentiate their shows. It's not like CBS that's 20 different procedural crime/law dramas. That whole scene with Morgan and his wife and Rick and finding that half zombie to me was a good way of painting the goodness and at the same time, the weakness of humans. So amped for next week already.

I'm a geek but I registered to win that "be a zombie" contest. Survival was the code. I'm that into this show.

This show has so much potential...and you're right AMC is on the path to breaking some ground here. It's like Schotty's playcalling the previous 5 weeks before this one x 10.

Just watched it last night. I was grinding my teeth and squeezing my butthole tight for 60 minutes. Ridiculously intense 2nd episode. I suspect the next one will be slower, but more character driven.

The hacking up of the zombie to make themselves smell like zombies scene was crazy...I'm not sure I've ever seen a zombie movie where something like that was done...I wonder what happens when the Mustang runs out of gas? It's a good thing that window put itself back together, amirite? :blink:

IMO each show has been better than the previous week. This and House my only 2 must watch shows. Sucks that they only have 3 more episodes but I read AMC ordered 13 more for season 2.

Previews after last episode show what looks like a not so friendly group of guys they'll be running into in ATL. Also showed camp being attacked..

IMO each show has been better than the previous week. This and House my only 2 must watch shows. Sucks that they only have 3 more episodes but I read AMC ordered 13 more for season 2.

Previews after last episode show what looks like a not so friendly group of guys they'll be running into in ATL. Also showed camp being attacked..

Agreed. I actually found the premiere disappointing because it was so conventional, but it's improved every week. The most recent episode was terrific.

I agree. I think each show has been it's own tiny little evolution while maintaining the course. The first episode did a good job of illustrating the tension of waking to a zombie apocalypse, the hopelessness, and the human factor in it. The second one was more like a "typical" zombie movie which is fine by me, much faster paced, action and gruesome. This last one did a good job of solidifying the roles and relationships of the major players. IT also really showed how even though we may have a common enemy humans are more than capable of tearing each other apart.

Personally being a Dad the reunion with the kid pulled at the heart strings, and my favorite shot of the episode was Rick and Lori in bed in their tent and Shane up above, watching over them.

The reunion with his family definitely pulled at my heart strings, I got a little teary eyed. lulz I also loved when what's his face was showing the little boy how to hunt for frogs and then the mom goes and chews him out. I thought that scene was intense, and I can't believe that dude lied to her.

Anyway next weeks looks very interesting. I wish they would've just left that red neck to die, though I understand and I probably would've done the same thing. I also agree that each episode so far has been better than the last.

The reunion with his family definitely pulled at my heart strings, I got a little teary eyed. lulz I also loved when what's his face was showing the little boy how to hunt for frogs and then the mom goes and chews him out. I thought that scene was intense, and I can't believe that dude lied to her.

Anyway next weeks looks very interesting. I wish they would've just left that red neck to die, though I understand and I probably would've done the same thing. I also agree that each episode so far has been better than the last.

You are awesome. If you are a nerd enough, check out the comic books SO INCREDIBLE.It's already a little different so it won't follow it to a T.

Yeah I heard they were good. Not big into comic books, but I have read a few graphic novels. I love the Buffy ones and Sin City. I was thinking about checking them out though the next time I go to the book store.

The comic book is pretty f'd up and badass. I've read a couple of them and I had to sleep in my parents room with a night light. It was pretty sad.

BTW: Abusive husband getting pummeled by Shane after Shane got chewed out...Awesome chain of events and really the kind of stuff that sets this show apart as more than your typical zombie yarn...Good way for a guy to vent his frustrations too. Shane's going to get some blonde a$$ in the next couple weeks...possibly even two.

Anyone catch Dead Set on IFC?

Saw an episode the other day when I thought I was tuning into the Kids In The Hall. Anyway, it's a British zombie show. At first glance, it's not as good as Walking Dead, but I may give it another chance. The girls are better looking. Plus, the zombies run fast which makes them scarier to me. I could survive standard zombies, but running zombies would run me down no problem.

Anyone catch Dead Set on IFC?

Saw an episode the other day when I thought I was tuning into the Kids In The Hall. Anyway, it's a British zombie show. At first glance, it's not as good as Walking Dead, but I may give it another chance. The girls are better looking. Plus, the zombies run fast which makes them scarier to me. I could survive standard zombies, but running zombies would run me down no problem.

Very, very depressing to watch all 5 episodes back to back...Really well done though...

How European is that ending? Is anyone happy over there?

The comic book is pretty f'd up and badass. I've read a couple of them and I had to sleep in my parents room with a night light. It was pretty sad.BTW: Abusive husband getting pummeled by Shane after Shane got chewed out...Awesome chain of events and really the kind of stuff that sets this show apart as more than your typical zombie yarn...Good way for a guy to vent his frustrations too. Shane's going to get some blonde a$$ in the next couple weeks...possibly even two.

LOL Yeah I was quite please to see that wife beating turd get his. I guess Shane got to really vent his frustrations. :)

Archived