The Walking Dead

SenorGato

Love this show. The last season was great too, but the season finale was horrible. It was just too much. Over the top for me. Here's to hoping the next season gets back on track.

Actually from what I have heard from the show creators and the little knowledge i have on the comic series this is based on, the past 2 seasons were the set up and the season 2 finale was really the beginning of the craziness that is going to continue. I mean, they actually showed a new character that has a samurai sword and 2 armless zombie slaves. How do ya think season 3 is gonna go???

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just started reading the comic books and, ironically, there's a big black former NFL player who's a huge character in the series. Bigger than Shane, who the comics kill off early. Be interesting to see if they bring that character in the next season. He has a large role in the prison they showed us just as they faded out.

I just started reading the comic books and, ironically, there's a big black former NFL player who's a huge character in the series. Bigger than Shane, who the comics kill off early. Be interesting to see if they bring that character in the next season. He has a large role in the prison they showed us just as they faded out.

I think Boondocks Saints' character replaced that guy...someone said it at some point...hopefully it's BS but I think NFL guy was introduced earlier in the comics than the prison.

Btw: those comics are soul crushing to read.

Questions answered in the finale:

1) What the CDC Dr. whispered to Rick: Everyone is infected

2) Rick wasn't seeing things when he saw a helicopter.

Questions that remain:

1) Where the hell is the Dad and his kid from the first episode (Hawkins from Jericho)

2) Where is Merle?

• 6 months later...

Wonder how easy it's going to be to lug a crying, hungry baby around with zombies all over the place.

Also the actress who plays Lori was hotter than I gave her credit for. Maybe it was the dying during childbirth due to being sliced open with a hunting knife that turned me on to this.

great episode. they listened to viewers complaints about too much down time on the farm last year and have really amped it up.

SPOILER

I was shocked they went through with killing Lori off.. sad scenes when she was saying her goodbyes to Carl and when Rick found out.

the baby angle is crazy.. as graphic as the show is there's no friggin way they can allow a baby to die at the hands of a zombie...

can't wait to see who Daryl sides with.. gotta be Rick and the group I would think.

• 2 weeks later...

yeah it was awesome. way different than the comics but still kick ass!

They're not following the comics exactly, but they're definitely following the same plot lines. Rick picking up the phone to end the last episode, for instance. I'm not going to spoil anything here, but I have a strong feeling about who in the group is going to die next.

They're not following the comics exactly, but they're definitely following the same plot lines. Rick picking up the phone to end the last episode, for instance. I'm not going to spoil anything here, but I have a strong feeling about who in the group is going to die next.

I was wondering about that. My Walmart had the comic version of the story in the book section and I was half tempted to check it out.

I was wondering about that. My Walmart had the comic version of the story in the book section and I was half tempted to check it out.

If you get a chance check them out. No 1 just sold for 10k on ebay the other day. I think there two totally different animals, but i like the show just as much.

Is the Myssone plot line from last night following the comic book?

It's following the big plot lines (the prison, the governor), but the details are different. Michone is the big star of the comics, and she goes thru some graphic sh*t at the hands of the governor. I can't tell if the show is going to get there, but I tend to think not. But Michone's two jawless & armless zombies, her sword, the governor's daughter, Rick talking to Laurie on the phone, that's all right out of the books.

• 2 weeks later...

Andrea sucks.

I know that if he was really going to die that he probably should have been killed tonight, but I still think Darryl ends up dying. The show already has his replacement in Tyrese, but more importantly it's a good way to push Rick's character and show just how ruthless the Governor and his eye patch really are.

They keep rotating black guys, but Tyrese is going to last AND get lines. Crazy.

Andrea suuuuuuuuucks.

Axl is going to kill one of Carol or Beth, and I'm not sure who just yet. I could see Carl killing him either way.

Carl is the man. I think he's been the best character of the third season so far.

Godzilla 2014 should be pretty exciting.

Hershel is almost a lock to go in the second half.

Rick and Carl need to get laid.

Andrea sucks.

I know that if he was really going to die that he probably should have been killed tonight, but I still think Darryl ends up dying. The show already has his replacement in Tyrese, but more importantly it's a good way to push Rick's character and show just how ruthless the Governor and his eye patch really are.

They keep rotating black guys, but Tyrese is going to last AND get lines. Crazy.

Andrea suuuuuuuuucks.

Axl is going to kill one of Carol or Beth, and I'm not sure who just yet. I could see Carl killing him either way.

Carl is the man. I think he's been the best character of the third season so far.

Godzilla 2014 should be pretty exciting.

Hershel is almost a lock to go in the second half.

Rick and Carl need to get laid.

I hope not...IMHO he is the best one going.

They need to thin it out. Rick, the main character, has hardly been developed this season.

• 2 months later...

I like that the team got weaponized today. Looks like sh*t is close to maybe hitting the fan.

This season has four more episodes.

I think Tyrese and Morgan are the wildcards.  I wonder how the 'war' plays out with these two groups.

Definitely think Tyrese and his hot sister are going to be major players. The two dummies in his group are going to be a nuisance. Morgan MIGHT play a role but he seems too far gone right now. His guns will help.

Tyrese:  I agree.  I have a feeling, could be gas, that they (not the dummies) were sent to be spies.  I think Rick or maybe Glenn w/Merl asked them to spy on Woodbury/Governor.  Seems a little too neat to run into Andrea and the other guy.

Morgan:  Probably so, but why make an effort to bring him back?  Rick told him they were at a prison and among his crazy writings and map drawings, maybe there is one of where the prison.  It might be to close that chapter, but as much arsenal as he had. They left a lot.

I almost think Morgan was there just for the guns. They needed them and luckily a person from the past with a ton of them was there.

OTOH I figure he'll be back at some point. It's definitely possible it's for the fight with the Guvna. Thought there was less episodes left so definitely more possible than I originally thought. They could use another fighter.

Tyrese:  I agree.  I have a feeling, could be gas, that they (not the dummies) were sent to be spies.  I think Rick or maybe Glenn w/Merl asked them to spy on Woodbury/Governor.  Seems a little too neat to run into Andrea and the other guy.

Morgan:  Probably so, but why make an effort to bring him back?  Rick told him they were at a prison and among his crazy writings and map drawings, maybe there is one of where the prison.  It might be to close that chapter, but as much arsenal as he had. They left a lot.

That is what bothered me.  I was like take it all.  Love nothing behind!

Archived