The Walking Dead

SenorGato

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Maxman said:

Had no idea what was going on last night. Eventually I figured it out, but that flash back was confusing at first.

It was at first, agreed.  But I got to admit, that was some classic Walking Dead sh*t right there.  I loved it.  Killing your best friend you just met after 15 years and mass murdering children to keep the family together.  Soooooo good.  That's the type of ridiculous moral dilemmas that show used to give the audience like every other show.  Flashback episode gave you a flashback to how the show used to be.  

Not gunna lie, pretty excited about the next 2 episodes to finish out the season.  They look to be pretty good based on the previews. 

So it's pretty clear that years of awfulness have made me not give a crap at all about this show anymore.  I still watch it, mostly just because it happens to be on my DVR, but they were so desperate to grab people's attention that they killed off like a dozen characters in one felt swoop and I still really could not have possibly cared less.  The "surprise" killings lose their impact after the 50th time around, especially when half or more are dependent on "hey, remember these characters you saw for like 5 minutes this season?!?"

Oh well, only one more episode to go before I'll see if I can be bothered to watch again next season.  The overall quality/terribleness of NFL's Sunday night games could very well be the deciding factor in that.

15 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

So it's pretty clear that years of awfulness have made me not give a crap at all about this show anymore.  I still watch it, mostly just because it happens to be on my DVR, but they were so desperate to grab people's attention that they killed off like a dozen characters in one felt swoop and I still really could not have possibly cared less.  The "surprise" killings lose their impact after the 50th time around, especially when half or more are dependent on "hey, remember these characters you saw for like 5 minutes this season?!?"

Oh well, only one more episode to go before I'll see if I can be bothered to watch again next season.  The overall quality/terribleness of NFL's Sunday night games could very well be the deciding factor in that.

It's telling when right before the reveal of each death, they had to cut to The Kingdom so you could watch another character ask "Has anyone seen X or Y?"

Archived