The Walking Dead

SenorGato

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This show has officially jumped the shark. Rick is no longer interesting. He is just sad.

I couldn't help but laugh at his bloody speech. Though I was surprised when Mishone was the one to knock him out based off her experience outside the gates...so I'm intrigued. That and the the cult that Daryl is tracking at least have my attention.

I couldn't help but laugh at his bloody speech. Though I was surprised when Mishone was the one to knock him out based off her experience outside the gates...so I'm intrigued. That and the the cult that Daryl is tracking at least have my attention.

After all Rick and the group has been through he loses it over some battered wife poontang? Really? Is that what I sm suppose to believe? They carved Shane's baby out of his wife and his son Had to kill her but this is what finally makes Rick lose it? Plus I'm surprised the Dr put up such a fight. I guess wife beaters are little bit tougher than hordes of zombies? sh*t.... Ray Rice could be the

Baddest character ever?

After all Rick and the group has been through he loses it over some battered wife poontang? Really? Is that what I sm suppose to believe? They carved Shane's baby out of his wife and his son Had to kill her but this is what finally makes Rick lose it? Plus I'm surprised the Dr put up such a fight. I guess wife beaters are little bit tougher than hordes of zombies? sh*t.... Ray Rice could be the

Baddest character ever?

If Rick could fight, none of this would ever have happened

Baddest character ever?

The power of pussy. Haha....thats what I was thinking too.  Rick bit someones throat out when they were trying to rape his son and he lets this wife beating pussy fag who hasnt even had to survive beat his ass like that? 

And this show does the greatest job of just full on ignoring some sh*t that you think would be important sh*t in episodes with no indication they'll revisit it so many times its infuriating.  Zero insight into what Maggie is doing with what she heard...not even a single internal conversation with the group?  ok.  And wtf is up with Morgan???  Why did they flash him early last season and bring no closure to why?

Sometimes I hate this show...but wont act like I'm not curious about how this all plays out.

Still bugging me that Alexandria has existed for three years with minimal problems and Rick comes in and sh*ts all over it.

Yeah, the whole logic behind the place is weird.  I mean, they've lost people.  They've exiled them, they had a few killed on a run, all before the crew got there...so its not like its been a perfect little heaven with no issues...but it certainly seems to be getting weird now.  But you have to ask yourself, why?  Why on earth would you allow these heathens in your perfect little safe place?  Its stupid.  Deanna is a ******* idiot.  

I do like how they've created this, which side do you take?  Rick's or Deanna's point of view.  I personally agree with Rick.  She makes the place vulnerable and doesnt address sh*t that compromises the community but yeah, they were having cocktail parties before they got there and now there are fights in the street and dudes pulling guns on people that try to break it up.

The power of pussy. Haha....thats what I was thinking too.  Rick bit someones throat out when they were trying to rape his son and he lets this wife beating pussy fag who hasnt even had to survive beat his ass like that? 

And this show does the greatest job of just full on ignoring some sh*t that you think would be important sh*t in episodes with no indication they'll revisit it so many times its infuriating.  Zero insight into what Maggie is doing with what she heard...not even a single internal conversation with the group?  ok.  And wtf is up with Morgan???  Why did they flash him early last season and bring no closure to why?

Sometimes I hate this show...but wont act like I'm not curious about how this all plays out.

I would say it is a safe bet he will appear in this week's show.  Probably walk up to the walker tied to the tree.  Lifts her head to check for the initials carved into her head...lets it drop....season is over.  :)

I understand Rick going crazy.   One, it is not like he has no had his ass kicked before.  Mishonne saved his ass before with the Governor.  Second, maybe, the stupidity/luck Alexandria has seen could be the straw that broke Rick's back when considering all the bad luck he has seen from the CDC, Herschel's Farm, Prison, son killing wife and Shane.

I do not love this season by any stretch, but the second half has been decent hopefully will be less clunky next year.

I would say it is a safe bet he will appear in this week's show.  Probably walk up to the walker tied to the tree.  Lifts her head to check for the initials carved into her head...lets it drop....season is over.  :)

I understand Rick going crazy.   One, it is not like he has no had his ass kicked before.  Mishonne saved his ass before with the Governor.  Second, maybe, the stupidity/luck Alexandria has seen could be the straw that broke Rick's back when considering all the bad luck he has seen from the CDC, Herschel's Farm, Prison, son killing wife and Shane.

I do not love this season by any stretch, but the second half has been decent hopefully will be less clunky next year.

Clunky is the perfect way of describing this season.  It's been better than the last 2 but still just..well, clunky.  How many episodes are left?

That's a good point, these guys obtained peace by being weak morons.  Whereas Rick and his crew have tried everything to create peace but one thing leads to another and he seems to be in the worst damn situations possible.  I get going crazy knowing what they had to do survive while these people were sipping tea making stupid decisions that will eventually compromise their safety.

Baddest character ever?

Well, zombies do lose muscle tone over time...

Well, zombies do lose muscle tone over time...

I was expecting Rick to do some John Wick type stuff on the wife beater.  Instead we get some hokey western bar fight scene were they fly out of a window as the town crowd gathers around.  all that was missing was the tumbleweeds.   LOL

Yeah, the whole logic behind the place is weird.  I mean, they've lost people.  They've exiled them, they had a few killed on a run, all before the crew got there...so its not like its been a perfect little heaven with no issues...but it certainly seems to be getting weird now.  But you have to ask yourself, why?  Why on earth would you allow these heathens in your perfect little safe place?  Its stupid.  Deanna is a ******* idiot.  

I do like how they've created this, which side do you take?  Rick's or Deanna's point of view.  I personally agree with Rick.  She makes the place vulnerable and doesnt address sh*t that compromises the community but yeah, they were having cocktail parties before they got there and now there are fights in the street and dudes pulling guns on people that try to break it up.

To be fair, she's shooting for long term sustainability. This definitely requires bringing in outsiders like Rick and friends. They scouted and chose Rick's group very carefully, which was/is smart. Deanna is smart enough to know that these people are getting soft inside the walls, three+ years of comfort.

If they don't introduce W next week, I'm out on TWD.

To be fair, she's shooting for long term sustainability. This definitely requires bringing in outsiders like Rick and friends. They scouted and chose Rick's group very carefully, which was/is smart. Deanna is smart enough to know that these people are getting soft inside the walls, three+ years of comfort.

If they don't introduce W next week, I'm out on TWD.

Yeah but you cant do that, target a group who has been through hell and back and not expect any hiccups.  She's flailing and isnt strong enough to control them.

I dont read the comics, I guess W is big part of the story line moving forward?  Alexandria vs. W? 

Yeah but you cant do that, target a group who has been through hell and back and not expect any hiccups.  She's flailing and isnt strong enough to control them.

I dont read the comics, I guess W is big part of the story line moving forward?  Alexandria vs. W? 

I'm pretty sure that wasn't in the comincs, so I have no clue where that is going, unless they have renamed a certain group of individuals to the 'Wolves' or something. 

I understand Gato's point about sustainability, but really think this.  Again, I am not sure if there is a back story in the comic for Alexandria, but it seems like a plot hole in the TV show.

How can Rick's group running into massive herds (ATL and Herschel's farm), or a pyscho (Governor twice) which lead to a lot of death out in the middle of nowhere when a cluless group in the middle of a city has not.

Unless Aaron did not bring in the group Deanna wanted in order to undermine her command and over throw her.

Introduce a new psycho group. Ok.

A little flat, imo. If they wanted to sell the idea that the Rick/Shane/Governor reality is the right reality, and that Alexandria would agree, it could have been sold a little more convincingly. The surgeon oopsy with the sword was a little gay.

Agreed. The sword accident was a screenwriter saying "ah, **** it."

Yeah but when the lady in charge told Rich to "do it" I instantly gained interest again.  Episode was like a buzzer beater to save a losing season.  Actually looking forward to next season.

Wasn't crazy about the last 5 minutes, the whole Pete/sword thing was forced, cheap, shock…could have ended it after Ricks speach and Morgan coming back.

Agreed. The sword accident was a screenwriter saying "ah, **** it."

Yeah but when the lady in charge told Rich to "do it" I instantly gained interest again.  Episode was like a buzzer beater to save a losing season.  Actually looking forward to next season.

Well they took this pretty much from the comics, so there's that.

SilJhwd.png

DPLyjT5.png

RwUhz9R.png

6XRGgmz.png

Introduce a new psycho group. Ok.

A little flat, imo. If they wanted to sell the idea that the Rick/Shane/Governor reality is the right reality, and that Alexandria would agree, it could have been sold a little more convincingly. The surgeon oopsy with the sword was a little gay.

Well,, they had to fill 30 extra minutes.  Granted, 24 of them were likely commercials.

I liked the show giving it a solid 8-9.  I liked the ending and it capped off a much better second half to the season.  I hope next year they do not waste 8 episodes again,  I am giving the Wolves over/under at 3 episodes.  I cannot see 2 guys being that much of a pain. 

IMHO, it is a confluence of the different post apocalyptic thought process' for society.  While the Governor's method worked, it largely failed because he was unchecked.  Anyone that potentially could challenge were killed or he died trying to kill. 

Checks and Balances.  I think Michonne's actions since arriving in Alexandria are meant to keep Rick in check as Morgan "All life is sacred" will go in this coming up season before he inevitably dies (SWAG). 

One thing that annoyed me about the show and kind of plays into the Alexandria surviving as long as they did without a challenge.  Noise and light discipline.  When Aaron and Daryl saw that fire, whether it was the Wolves or Red Poncho guy, how do you not dig a pit or obstruct the view of the fire.  Whether it is a group like Daryl ran into a few seasons ago or a pack of walkers, it seems stupid.

Agreed.  And when you couple that with Morgan walking up right when he shoots him, I was like oh sh*t, this is good.

I really liked the episode.  Thought it was a great cliff hanger.  The new psycho squad could be fun and dark and not redundant, I hope. 

Well,, they had to fill 30 extra minutes.  Granted, 24 of them were likely commercials.

I liked the show giving it a solid 8-9.  I liked the ending and it capped off a much better second half to the season.  I hope next year they do not waste 8 episodes again,  I am giving the Wolves over/under at 3 episodes.  I cannot see 2 guys being that much of a pain. 

IMHO, it is a confluence of the different post apocalyptic thought process' for society.  While the Governor's method worked, it largely failed because he was unchecked.  Anyone that potentially could challenge were killed or he died trying to kill. 

Checks and Balances.  I think Michonne's actions since arriving in Alexandria are meant to keep Rick in check as Morgan "All life is sacred" will go in this coming up season before he inevitably dies (SWAG). 

One thing that annoyed me about the show and kind of plays into the Alexandria surviving as long as they did without a challenge.  Noise and light discipline.  When Aaron and Daryl saw that fire, whether it was the Wolves or Red Poncho guy, how do you not dig a pit or obstruct the view of the fire.  Whether it is a group like Daryl ran into a few seasons ago or a pack of walkers, it seems stupid.

The Wolves have to be more than just two people, they could just be scouts/recon for a larger group. 

I'm pretty sure the Wolves/Red Poncho guy wanted to be seen. I read that scene as him being part of their group, maybe I wasn't listening to the dialogue close enough and missed something but that's what it seemed like to me. Red Poncho basically led Aaron and Daryl to the trap and when they got away he was killed for it.

This show has officially jumped the shark.  Rick is no longer interesting. He is just sad. 

Felt the same way after last week's episode, but they may have revived Rick a little in the finale (which I just watched finally).

Baddest character ever?

lol, nice... my thoughts and rant to my wife to the tee... "how the **** does this guy come undone because he's got blueballs after all the sh*t they've been through?"

Granted, 24 of them were likely commercials.

No doubt about this. Felt like the same amount of show, with WAY more commercials.

Anyway, I'm fully re-invested in the show now. I'm loving some of the new characters being introduced and the threats/stories with them. 

Still troubling how much time they devote to annoying character/lines like Sasha and Gabriel. Both of them echo with Tyrese, we get it, you can't cope, no reason to kill 10 minutes per episode on this same sh*t. Just have them find a pharmacy and pop some ******* valium or something. sh*t.

Felt the same way after last week's episode, but they may have revived Rick a little in the finale (which I just watched finally).

lol, nice... my thoughts and rant to my wife to the tee... "how the **** does this guy come undone because he's got blueballs after all the sh*t they've been through?"

Still man.  Hail Mary pass episode.  I could have cared less until this episode.  Excited what is to come.  

Archived