The Walking Dead

SenorGato

Still man.  Hail Mary pass episode.  I could have cared less until this episode.  Excited what is to come.  

Agreed. This whole season was one stall tactic after another... sometimes you just have to power through the slumps.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed. And when you couple that with Morgan walking up right when he shoots him, I was like oh sh*t, this is good.

I really liked the episode. Thought it was a great cliff hanger. The new psycho squad could be fun and dark and not redundant, I hope.

I agree. I'm glad we're left with the group solidifying themselves in Alexandria, rather than being exiled again. More interesting to to me to see how Rick and Deanna resolve their situation, and if/how she transforms into being more cutthroat with her husband now killed in front of her. Rick performing an execution in front of Morgan was also spectacular. I'm thinking Morgan and the new widow re-humanize Rick some next season. As has been discussed in here, he's become something of a monster, something that Michonne tried to literally knock out of him.

And while I also thought the season dragged overall, in their defense, I can see them doing that to raise the level of the group's desperation, and reason for Rick just about descending into madness.

As for Alexandria surviving rather cluelessly for so long, so had Herschel's family on a farm without the benefit of tall walls. So it's not entirely outside of the story line.

I agree. I'm glad we're left with the group solidifying themselves in Alexandria, rather than being exiled again. More interesting to to me to see how Rick and Deanna resolve their situation, and if/how she transforms into being more cutthroat with her husband now killed in front of her. Rick performing an execution in front of Morgan was also spectacular. I'm thinking Morgan and the new widow re-humanize Rick some next season. As has been discussed in here, he's become something of a monster, something that Michonne tried to literally knock out of him.

And while I also thought the season dragged overall, in their defense, I can see them doing that to raise the level of the group's desperation, and reason for Rick just about descending into madness.

As for Alexandria surviving rather cluelessly for so long, so had Herschel's family on a farm without the benefit of tall walls. So it's not entirely outside of the story line.

I get what you are saying, but it is one thing to be missed in bum-fark Georgia when you have only a few lights.  It is another when you have a sub-division with a lot of lights.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi2964566809/

1. Rick arrives at new community that seemed to be running along just fine on its own.

2. Within days, community burns to the ground after zombies infest said community.

3. Many grim conversations are had where people debate if Rick's leadership is any good despite all available evidence leading to "nope."

4. Psycho group lingers in background' says some sh*t, gets dispatched.

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi2964566809/

1. Rick arrives at new community that seemed to be running along just fine on its own.

2. Within days, community burns to the ground after zombies infest said community.

3. Many grim conversations are had where people debate if Rick's leadership is any good despite all available evidence leading to "nope."

4. Psycho group lingers in background' says some sh*t, gets dispatched.

The comic con preview is clearly geared to that.

Granted, you are getting second bits of the season, it is looks like as you described. 

People continue to die.

Morgan looks to be one pitted against Rick.

The Wolves(?) are still lurking around.

In the preview, Rick is holding a gun on someone that is on the ground.  He says something to the effect, "do you know who you are messing with.".

My initial thougt is it looks better than last season.

• 1 month later...

Posted it in the other thread, but Fear The Walking Dead starts this Sunday at 9pm.

Might use this as a launching pad to get my wife into TWD series. 

http://www.amc.com/shows/fear-the-walking-dead

Did you watch?

Not sure I'm going to be able to make it through an entire season if that drug addict son sticks around.  He's probably the worst actor I've ever witnessed in my entire life.  The plot isnt strong enough to carry that mess. 

Posted it in the other thread, but Fear The Walking Dead starts this Sunday at 9pm.

Might use this as a launching pad to get my wife into TWD series. 

http://www.amc.com/shows/fear-the-walking-dead

Did you watch?

Not sure I'm going to be able to make it through an entire season if that drug addict son sticks around.  He's probably the worst actor I've ever witnessed in my entire life.  The plot isnt strong enough to carry that mess. 

i watched, the first hour was a snore but that was to be expected when introducing a new setting and characters.

That Johnny Depp lookalike got way too much screen time and I dont care for him much, but we'll see if that changes.

Should ramp up considerably next week.

I read somewhere that the debut broke all kinds of cable tv records though.

Dudes...quoting sucks on this new board.

@drdetriot - I would have preferred to have Rick and the crew get the answers and not have to get them from a new show... but I see your point.

@Fishooked - I dont think I'll be able to make it through another episode of that kid.  He's terrible and non of the other actors are very impressive so its a hard watch right now

TheThe kid was annoying but it was nice to finally get some friggin answers as to what's going on.

@drdetriot - I would have preferred to have Rick and the crew get the answers and not have to get them from a new show... but I see your point.

@Fishooked - I dont think I'll be able to make it through another episode of that kid.  He's terrible and non of the other actors are very impressive so its a hard watch right now

TheThe kid was annoying but it was nice to finally get some friggin answers as to what's going on.

Yeah, but then we would have to deal with Laurie again...no thanks. 

I did not mind the new actors and agree none of them exactly hit it out of the park. 

Yeah, but then we would have to deal with Laurie again...no thanks. 

I did not mind the new actors and agree none of them exactly hit it out of the park. 

I guess I'm just not a big fan of the Walking Dead I was actually more entertained by the pilot of the spin off than the primary show

I dont think I'll be able to make it through another episode of that kid.  He's terrible and non of the other actors are very impressive so its a hard watch right now

Calm down James Lipton..  It wasn't amazing but it was a nice little start.  The kid was mildly annoying but he's supposed to be a strung out idiot who thinks he's losing his mind.  He's not as bad as Carl has been at times.

I like where the show is headed and they built up some nice tension throughout.

I am enjoying the show.

I think going with no-names, when compared to True Detective S2, it is nice not to have some high expectations.

A question for the comic book followers.  Do they ever elaborate what the cause of zombie outbreak?  How one day dead people did not rise and the next they did?  End of season 1 in TV, the CDC guy said everyone is a carrier.  Is it a man-made?  This show might still cover it, just curious.

I want to like Fear the Walking Dead, hopefully it will get better, but the dialogue on the show sucks. These people can not stop playing the pronoun game and/or failing to explain what just happened to them.

Here's a typical conversation on this show, as I hear it:

Person 1: Something is happening!

Person 2: What do you mean?

Person 1: I don't know, but I saw it.

Person 2: What did you see?

Person 1: I don't know, but it is happening. People are....I don't know...they...something is happening. It is bad. I will be there shortly, LA's not so bad to drive.

I am enjoying the show.

I think going with no-names, when compared to True Detective S2, it is nice not to have some high expectations.

A question for the comic book followers.  Do they ever elaborate what the cause of zombie outbreak?  How one day dead people did not rise and the next they did?  End of season 1 in TV, the CDC guy said everyone is a carrier.  Is it a man-made?  This show might still cover it, just curious.

I don't believe the CDC was in the comics at all, and they never do attempt to reference it or explain how or why it started. 

From the wiki - (sorry about the background) 

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Continuity

Kirkman said that going back to explain how the government originally collapsed, "...doesn't interest me, for the time being...I may change my mind eventually."[1] As to the cause of the zombie outbreak, Kirkman wrote, "I have ideas [about the cause of the zombie plague]...but it's nothing set in stone because I never plan on writing it. So yes...I do know...kind of."[2]

In response to a question:

"I think you should elaborate more on how people can turn into zombies without one biting you, or how this whole mess started in the first place. Was it like a plague or a rapture kind of thing?"

Kirkman responded:

"...That starts to get into the origin of all this stuff, and I think that's unimportant to the series itself. There will be smaller answers as things progress...but never will we see the whole picture."[3]

There have been instances throughout the series where the characters theorize about the origins and cause of the undead or converse about their observations of them over time. The characters have acknowledged and discussed the lack of undead mobility and presence during the Winter months, and Eugene has specifically discussed the physical deterioration of a zombie clawing at Rosita. Most recently, Heath encountered an undead with blackened skin and a weaker will to attack.

Fear The Walking Dead will be a prequel to the television series, taking place during the start of the zombie apocalypse and showing attempts to control it. The origins of it will be explored in the series.

• 3 weeks later...
I don't believe the CDC was in the comics at all, and they never do attempt to reference it or explain how or why it started. 

From the wiki - (sorry about the background) 

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Continuity

Thanks!

The show is okay. 

Although the former military guy in me see a few errors in uniforms or just general portrayal.

It's my understanding that the book writers do not tell how the zombies began and have no interest in telling that story and the show is expected to follow suit. So if you're watching for that purpose you can find something else to do with that hour of your life. The CDC scene in the show was illustrative to show that the threat was not exclusively transfer from zombie to human by way of chomps. There is probably an analogous explanation somewhere in the comic without the CDC. Obviously at some point between the first episode of FWD and TWD there is a discovery of how it happens but I feel confident we never see a clear explanation.

Thanks!

The show is okay. 

Although the former military guy in me see a few errors in uniforms or just general portrayal.

Yeah, it's ok so far, not great. There isn't much on the radar for me as far as shows anyway just yet. Its a good appetizer before TWD comes back for real. 

• 2 weeks later...

I am calling it now.....AMC programming for the foreseeable future. 

Walking Dead first half of season leads into Fear the Dead first half of season leads into Walking Dead second half of season leads into Fear the Dead second half of season. Rinse lather repeat.

I am calling it now.....AMC programming for the foreseeable future. 

Walking Dead first half of season leads into Fear the Dead first half of season leads into Walking Dead second half of season leads into Fear the Dead second half of season. Rinse lather repeat.

Can you blame them? The ratings are huge. They hit the lottery with this world. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if they added a 3rd show maybe in NYC or Chicago and have this world on TV all year long.

Anyways, I don't think they showed enough of the infection really taken a hold. I believe they even jumped a few days or weeks and the city had already gone to complete sh*t.

Yeah I would have liked to have seen more of that.

Also I know the show is all about the characters but I would have liked to taken a peek on the other side of the fence if they showed some characters in the government and or military behind closed doors to their reaction to the outbreak. We haven't seen any of that and it would have been an interesting dynamic to show some characters on that side of things. 

Anyways, I don't think they showed enough of the infection really taken a hold. I believe they even jumped a few days or weeks and the city had already gone to complete sh*t.

Yeah I would have liked to have seen more of that.

Also I know the show is all about the characters but I would have liked to taken a peek on the other side of the fence if they showed some characters in the government and or military behind closed doors to their reaction to the outbreak. We haven't seen any of that and it would have been an interesting dynamic to show some characters on that side of things. 

I agree on both accounts.

I think it was the last episode, but Adam (?) when being interrogated said the people in the arena turned instantly. I hope they explore this to give a little insight on how the infection spread so quickly and successfully.  As a former military person, I find it hard to believe the zombies could overrun Fort Benning (Walking Dead reference) short of some real quick change event.

Nothing from nobody on the first episode of the season???  Slacking.

I thought it was great.  Loved the black and white flash back touch.  Loved the episode and the irony for prior conversation they incorporated.  Love the concept.  First time they've made it about The Walkers in a long time.  Love that everyone is now coming around to Rick's way of thinking, even when they dont want to and then he ends up right. The conversation with Morgan about the guy who's face got bit...that was a pretty epic scene and you could see Morgan thinking to himself when he looked at his dead body that Rick was right.

So who blew the horn?  I say its the kid from the crazy/dead dad.  The one Rick lectured.  

Just watched it - great episode.

We were trying to figure out how they planned on killing that many zombies and the real plan was a bit of a letdown.  Had hoped to see carnage on a grand scale.

I initially thought the kid was the one that blew the horn but that seems too easy.  Not to mention would he really want to sacrifice his mother and brother as well?

The Wolves make the most sense but I don't see what the end game is.  Why draw that many over to destroy whatever territory you've established?

It's probably going to wind up being some kind of mishap rather than a planned thing.  Wouldn't be surprised if the priest is involved.

I liked the episode.  Granted, after last year the bar was low.

I would guess it is the Wolves that did this.  I watched the last episode of last year and at one point, I think Aaron says they banished three people once.  Two guys and a girl. 

If they were looking for revenge, they might do it.

Loved the scene where Rick was trying to get that guy to stfu...only solution was a knife to the back of the skull. 

Totally did not see this coming; when the episode first started I was kinda lost, not knowing wtf was happening - did my DVR miss the first few minutes? LOL

Wondering if this is going to follow the comics where Alexandria is ultimately doomed and overrun. 

Just watched it - great episode.

We were trying to figure out how they planned on killing that many zombies and the real plan was a bit of a letdown.  Had hoped to see carnage on a grand scale.

I initially thought the kid was the one that blew the horn but that seems too easy.  Not to mention would he really want to sacrifice his mother and brother as well?

The Wolves make the most sense but I don't see what the end game is.  Why draw that many over to destroy whatever territory you've established?

It's probably going to wind up being some kind of mishap rather than a planned thing.  Wouldn't be surprised if the priest is involved.

Yeah, why would the Wolves do that?  I figured it was Alexandria mutiny of some sort.  And the previews for next week only really show them battling with the Walkers.  Who knows.  I definitely knew that plan wasnt going to go smoothly.

Another thing, who put the 4 wheelers the way they did to keep all the Walkers in that valley?  

It would suck if they have to leave Alexandria.  That place looks like it has some really nice trees.

Imagine the horror if they had to migrate down to FL and traverse a never ending strip of flat, treeless roads while looting the Publix that appears every half mile. 

Imagine the horror if they had to migrate down to FL and traverse a never ending strip of flat, treeless roads while looting the Publix that appears every half mile. 

I flew in/out of Jacksonville airport this past weekend.  I'd sooner let myself get bitten than try to find somewhere to settle there.

Archived