The Walking Dead

SenorGato

11 hours ago, gEYno said:

The biggest take-away, I think, is that yes, the Saviors know where Alexandria is.  However, it's got me wondering just how big the Saviors are.  They wanted to be walked through the door, which, while perhaps strategic, does this mean also that they don't have the kind of manpower to try and overwhelm the gate?  While this may be the safer play, they have to know that Alexandria isn't just going to roll over based on a couple hostages, so I wonder how many more of them there are.  Glenn's comments in the "next week" give you the impression that they're big, which we knew, but I guess just how much damage the RPG and the assault on the base did is in question.

The other thing I'm wondering is if this opens the door for perhaps Carol to be the one who is killed by Negan?  Do they go search for Carol, find Negan, and see him kill her?  I kind of doubt this, but I think it's certainly more possible now than before last episode...

Probably being pragmatic.

I do not remember how much Jesus went into the first Saviors encounter other than the bat to the 16 year old's head, it is probably easier to scare them into compliance than try to overwhelm them.  Especially with them walls. 

Looking at Alexandria's steel walls, it is probably more problematic.  Short of a few tanks and ordnance.

Plus, Negan as bad as Negan appears to be, it is probably easier to keep them in line a little more easier than having them charge to certain death like a 1700s battle.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, JiF said:

haha - I hear ya.  The only reason why I agree is because I read an article that Rick was sick to his stomach after reading the script this season.  

However, I just learned, not sure if anyone can confirm this but in the comics, Abraham was the one with the bow in his eye and not the doctor chick.

I have no clue.  Abraham or Darryl if I'm a betting man.

I usually don't reference the comics cuz I know a lot of you guys don't read them, but since you asked lol...yes Dwight killed Abraham in the comics in basically the same way, they subbed doctor Denise in for him last night .

Reading the casts comments on the finale I think they are going to do something drastic that we aren't expecting ...how about Negan kills more than one ? Maybe he takes out Abraham AND Daryl ? ..if you think about it it makes sense , he kills one person to introduce himself to innocent groups , why stop at one with a group that has killed 50 of your people?

8 hours ago, Jolot said:

I usually don't reference the comics cuz I know a lot of you guys don't read them, but since you asked lol...yes Dwight killed Abraham in the comics in basically the same way, they subbed doctor Denise in for him last night .

Yes, in the same way....except it was when Abraham was walking with Eugene on their way to the scout the ammunition place. 

juvfFL7.jpg

12 hours ago, Jolot said:

Reading the casts comments on the finale I think they are going to do something drastic that we aren't expecting ...how about Negan kills more than one ? Maybe he takes out Abraham AND Daryl ? ..if you think about it it makes sense , he kills one person to introduce himself to innocent groups , why stop at one with a group that has killed 50 of your people?

That is what I am thinking.

Abraham, Carol, Daryl and Glenn are either not in the comics (Daryl) or have died in the comics.

As much as the show says it is independent of the comic and to a certain degree it is.  It follows the story line as the comic almost without fail.

18 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

That is what I am thinking.

Abraham, Carol, Daryl and Glenn are either not in the comics (Daryl) or have died in the comics.

As much as the show says it is independent of the comic and to a certain degree it is.  It follows the story line as the comic almost without fail.

Yea I think it's going to be a slaughter , they have us all thinking Negan is gonna baseball bat one person. 

23 minutes ago, Jolot said:

Yea I think it's going to be a slaughter , they have us all thinking Negan is gonna baseball bat one person. 

A slaughter?  How many people we talking? Damn, then would the crew have to recruit more to go to war?

I wonder if anyone from the Hilltop has relationships with the Saviors enough to maybe persuade them to Rick's crew?

2 hours ago, JiF said:

A slaughter?  How many people we talking? Damn, then would the crew have to recruit more to go to war?

I wonder if anyone from the Hilltop has relationships with the Saviors enough to maybe persuade them to Rick's crew?

Yes, deal with it.

There are still two episodes.  People can still die between now and when Negan introduces Lucile.  I think this is how the season will end.  I hope it is not a Soprano fade to black when Negan does his thing and we have to wait until October to find out who died.

-Daryl has run off in pursuit of Carol, I am assuming.  That exposes him and Carol's rosary's beads are in the blood (which has some thickness to it).  She might be captured.

-Rick feeling embolden by the kill house victory, might feel a need to finish the Negan quest to fulfill his part of the deal with Hilltop.  I am guessing Abraham will be going with him on this mission.

To quote Drowning Pool, "Let the bodies hit the floor....".

I'm more interested in how the batt to the head happens, as opposed to who it is at this point.  Basically, you'd have to think that most of the major players will be there to see it, otherwise it's not all that impactful.  So, how do we get into this scenario, and how do both Negan and Rick get out of it alive (as we know Rick isn't going anywhere and we assume Negan will be in it for more than an episode).

I suppose those who know the comics already know this, but I'm interested none the less.

1 hour ago, gEYno said:

I'm more interested in how the batt to the head happens, as opposed to who it is at this point.  Basically, you'd have to think that most of the major players will be there to see it, otherwise it's not all that impactful.  So, how do we get into this scenario, and how do both Negan and Rick get out of it alive (as we know Rick isn't going anywhere and we assume Negan will be in it for more than an episode).

I suppose those who know the comics already know this, but I'm interested none the less.

Pun intended?  :) 

The actors that play Rick and Maggie each said it took them a few days to get over the filming for that scene.

7 hours ago, PFSIKH said:

Yes, deal with it.

There are still two episodes.  People can still die between now and when Negan introduces Lucile.  I think this is how the season will end.  I hope it is not a Soprano fade to black when Negan does his thing and we have to wait until October to find out who died.

-Daryl has run off in pursuit of Carol, I am assuming.  That exposes him and Carol's rosary's beads are in the blood (which has some thickness to it).  She might be captured.

-Rick feeling embolden by the kill house victory, might feel a need to finish the Negan quest to fulfill his part of the deal with Hilltop.  I am guessing Abraham will be going with him on this mission.

To quote Drowning Pool, "Let the bodies hit the floor....".

Good stuff ,..I think they are purposely suckering us with the " Ricks group are really the bad guys " thing ...then boom when Negan shows up we see how off the reservation pshyco he really is and start seeing Ricks crew as normal people again.

4 hours ago, PFSIKH said:

Pun intended?  :) 

The actors that play Rick and Maggie each said it took them a few days to get over the filming for that scene.

If Maggie is in the scene, it's gotta be Glenn then, no?

Ok... So, here's the official prediction.  Darryl is killed looking for Carol, bringing Carol back into the game of thrones, and Glenn is killed by Negan.  Those are your two big deaths to end the season.

12 hours ago, Jolot said:

Good stuff ,..I think they are purposely suckering us with the " Ricks group are really the bad guys " thing ...then boom when Negan shows up we see how off the reservation pshyco he really is and start seeing Ricks crew as normal people again.

It is a matter of degrees by how different the groups are.

12 hours ago, gEYno said:

Ok... So, here's the official prediction.  Darryl is killed looking for Carol, bringing Carol back into the game of thrones, and Glenn is killed by Negan.  Those are your two big deaths to end the season.

At the very least, I would think so.

On 3/23/2016 at 8:59 PM, gEYno said:

That's a damn good prediction and definitely could see it happening.

I'm lock step with you on Darryl.  I'm back and forth on Glenn vs. Abraham.  

11 hours ago, Jolot said:

Pretty disappointing episode imo, they have a lot to do in 90 minutes , I feel a huge letdown coming. I think Rosita got shot not Daryl btw...cheesy attempt at a cliffhanger there .

8 hours ago, adb280z said:

It really is amazing just how stupid the characters in this show are.

I'm in agreement here.  That was one of those episodes, where you were like, really...they cant be this ******* stupid.  Even to the point where they chased Darryl....I was like, why wouldnt Glenn jump out and let Abraham go.  He was there, he ambushed them, he doesnt have a baby on the way, his girl wasnt just kidnapped but no, Glenn goes instead.  Just a bunch of morons. 

The second Glenn and Michonne walked away, you knew what was going to happen.  You knew they'd get caught, you knew Rosita and Darryl would come back.  Granted, I did expect them to weasel their way out.  So the shot, was a surprise but you just knew that was all going to happen.  If he really didnt shoot Darryl and shot Rosita, that would be really lame and if Darryl is really ok like Dwight said he would be then that's lame too.

The only thing I'm curious about was the guy who got shot by Carol and then what looked like he was tracking Morgan and Rick, where the F did that guy go?  Weird scene that I expect comes back next season maybe or why else would have been shown?  Unless he was tracking Carol (who is starting to make a case for the best character in the history of TV) but IDK.  

With Maggie having what seemed to be a miscarriage, Glenn is getting the bat.  Maybe foreshadowing but he was the that saw the Polaroids of the heads smashed in, so I think he's getting the bat treatment right infront of Rick's crew when they go to the obvious confrontation (because Negan's crew doesnt negotiate) when they try to get the rest of them back. Honestly, I could see Negan killing them all in that scene but I think Glenn gets the bat.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

I'm in agreement here.  That was one of those episodes, where you were like, really...they cant be this ******* stupid.  Even to the point where they chased Darryl....I was like, why wouldnt Glenn jump out and let Abraham go.  He was there, he ambushed them, he doesnt have a baby on the way, his girl wasnt just kidnapped but no, Glenn goes instead.  Just a bunch of morons. 

The second Glenn and Michonne walked away, you knew what was going to happen.  You knew they'd get caught, you knew Rosita and Darryl would come back.  Granted, I did expect them to weasel their way out.  So the shot, was a surprise but you just knew that was all going to happen.  If he really didnt shoot Darryl and shot Rosita, that would be really lame and if Darryl is really ok like Dwight said he would be then that's lame too.

The only thing I'm curious about was the guy who got shot by Carol and then what looked like he was tracking Morgan and Rick, where the F did that guy go?  Weird scene that I expect comes back next season maybe or why else would have been shown?  Unless he was tracking Carol (who is starting to make a case for the best character in the history of TV) but IDK.  

With Maggie having what seemed to be a miscarriage, Glenn is getting the bat.  Maybe foreshadowing but he was the that saw the Polaroids of the heads smashed in, so I think he's getting the bat treatment right infront of Rick's crew when they go to the obvious confrontation (because Negan's crew doesnt negotiate) when they try to get the rest of them back. Honestly, I could see Negan killing them all in that scene but I think Glenn gets the bat.

That is Hollyweird for you.  Dumbing down people since the 30s.  The Daryl/Rosita scene was completely a joke.  Whether it was them walking through a forest completely unheard or Dwight and the Saviors getting in behind them sight unseen.

About the only thing I liked about the episode was the Rick/Morgan interaction.  I liked that they both stood by their beliefs and managed to come to a middle ground.  Probably a lesson Rick needed to learn a few episodes back.

I agree that it was not a great episode.  I liked the pace of the past 30 versus the first 30.

I didn't hate the episode.  Sure, it was a little predictable, and thoughtless the way they got caught, but not unbelievable.  And, regardless, I found it pretty suspenseful.  All-in-all, I think it was a good 2nd-to-last episode of a season, as 2nd-to-last episodes really are just transitions from everything that went on before to a final (kinda) show-down of some sort.

1 hour ago, PFSIKH said:

That is Hollyweird for you.  Dumbing down people since the 30s.  The Daryl/Rosita scene was completely a joke.  Whether it was them walking through a forest completely unheard or Dwight and the Saviors getting in behind them sight unseen.

About the only thing I liked about the episode was the Rick/Morgan interaction.  I liked that they both stood by their beliefs and managed to come to a middle ground.  Probably a lesson Rick needed to learn a few episodes back.

I agree that it was not a great episode.  I liked the pace of the past 30 versus the first 30.

Yep.  The only part of the entire show that made sense to me.  I thought him and Michonne sharing the Apple was brilliant too.  Such a great way of framing up how they were feeling after everything went down.  

15 minutes ago, gEYno said:

I didn't hate the episode.  Sure, it was a little predictable, and thoughtless the way they got caught, but not unbelievable.  And, regardless, I found it pretty suspenseful.  All-in-all, I think it was a good 2nd-to-last episode of a season, as 2nd-to-last episodes really are just transitions from everything that went on before to a final (kinda) show-down of some sort.

Yep, which is why I'm not overly upset about it.  Ultimately, something dumb had to happen to bring us to this point but last night was particularly stupid.

On 3/22/2016 at 5:19 AM, Fishooked said:

This is the kind of stuff that I usually miss the first time around...definitely creepy & sad. 

http://imgur.com/a/0BT0y

That was one of the few things I've ever seen on this show that has made me genuinely uncomfortable, because I immediately played out a scenario where the parent and baby were locked in that room. The parent trying to hush the baby so that the walkers would stop pounding on the door, and ultimately drowning the child for self-preservation... just ****ed up. It made me sick.

16 hours ago, Jolot said:

Pretty disappointing episode imo, they have a lot to do in 90 minutes , I feel a huge letdown coming. I think Rosita got shot not Daryl btw...cheesy attempt at a cliffhanger there .

I binge watched the past 2 weeks today. The most recent was a bit of a flub, because it was a "set up the finale" episode. This season has been great so far BECAUSE they've done a great job avoiding using entire episodes to set up the next one. They've strung together great stand-alone episodes all season. I guess we were overdue for a dud.

Reality is, they were ready to introduce Negan 2 episodes ago, but didn't. So, they're dragging their feet to get all the pieces set up for finale time. Lame that Negan only appeared this week in the "upcoming scenes" bit. Just do it. I hate when they get formulaic and insist on the big death, and the big reveal all happening in the finale. Do it when it's right for the story, not to fit the accepted paradigm of when to drop cliffhangers... 

13 hours ago, adb280z said:

It really is amazing just how stupid the characters in this show are.

Yes.

Also, I'm going with Glenn as the one that meets Lucille first. In the clip where he says "hi, I'm Negan" it looks like the top of Glenn's greasy hair... kneeling in front of him. Also agree that Rosita was the one shot. Otherwise, he shot the tip of Darryl's nose off... based on how Darryl was turning and looking back at him at the time of the shot firing.

This would make up for the corny decision to let Glenn live through that impossible situation with the dumpster last season, and would follow the comics. 

My outside shot at a random character death: Karl. In the most recent episode he goes to the armory, picks up a gun, and the gun has a bat wrapped with barb wire scratched into the hilt. This could be foreshadowing. There's also an old clip of Glenn picking up a baseball bat that stands out as foreshadowing of sorts.

I wasn't expecting much out of this weeks episode, it just felt disjointed to me, but it was ok.

I still don't get why Carol feels the need to leave, if she has issues killing, then heading out on her own probably wasn;t in her best interests. Literally in the first hour of her trip she killed 4 dudes lol 

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Also, I'm going with Glenn as the one that meets Lucille first. In the clip where he says "hi, I'm Negan" it looks like the top of Glenn's greasy hair... kneeling in front of him. Also agree that Rosita was the one shot. Otherwise, he shot the tip of Darryl's nose off... based on how Darryl was turning and looking back at him at the time of the shot firing.

Especially with the miscarriage and her cutting her hair and him seeing the Polaroids.  It's all symbolic foreshadowing type sh*t.

If they pulled a Glenn Part 2. with Daryl to Rosita, that's lame.  Shock factor stuff when it really isnt needed.  This season has been great.  No need for cheap thrills.

I'm not going to hate.  It's a set up episode for sure.

I think he shot Daryl, just not in life threatening place.  Hence the, "he'll be alright" or whatever it was that Dwight said.

The Dwight sh*t still confuses me, I assume we'll see what played out after he met Daryl in the burnt forest but is there any chance he's running with his own crew and opposing Negan? 

16 minutes ago, Fishooked said:

I wasn't expecting much out of this weeks episode, it just felt disjointed to me, but it was ok.

I still don't get why Carol feels the need to leave, if she has issues killing, then heading out on her own probably wasn;t in her best interests. Literally in the first hour of her trip she killed 4 dudes lol 

Literally, the first thing I thought when she left was...she's by herself, she's going to have to kill even more now to survive.  At least at Alexandria she could hang up the cleats, so to speak, and let everyone else kill while she played house wife.  The whole episode was weird and just an insane exercise of stupidity. 

I think the most interesting dilemma was the full circle, Daryl didnt kill Dwight, Dwight possibly/probably killing Daryl showing that you dont take chances and kill.  Meanwhile, Morgan gives an example of saving a Wolves who saved Denise. It's good build up stuff.

Is it too soon to predict that Morgan + Carol are the hero's in the Alexandria vs. Saviors conflict? 

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Especially with the miscarriage and her cutting her hair and him seeing the Polaroids.  It's all symbolic foreshadowing type sh*t.

If they pulled a Glenn Part 2. with Daryl to Rosita, that's lame.  Shock factor stuff when it really isnt needed.  This season has been great.  No need for cheap thrills.

I'm not going to hate.  It's a set up episode for sure.

I think he shot Daryl, just not in life threatening place.  Hence the, "he'll be alright" or whatever it was that Dwight said.

The Dwight sh*t still confuses me, I assume we'll see what played out after he met Daryl in the burnt forest but is there any chance he's running with his own crew and opposing Negan? 

Dwight said "you'll be alright". Pretty sure he was saying it to Darryl. Dwight is a nobody... he's not killing a major character, so Rosita is perfect for him to pop.

I think this is intended to make us thing he shot Darryl, but it's not a kill shot. I think he blew away Rosita, and then said "you'll be alright" to **** with Darryl emotionally. I think Rosita is done-zo.

Negan will be taking down whichever fan favorite dies... which is why I think Glenn gets the bat. If they want to do Negan the right way, he takes out several people... not just Glenn. 

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

Literally, the first thing I thought when she left was...she's by herself, she's going to have to kill even more now to survive.  At least at Alexandria she could hang up the cleats, so to speak, and let everyone else kill while she played house wife.  The whole episode was weird and just an insane exercise of stupidity. 

I think the most interesting dilemma was the full circle, Daryl didnt kill Dwight, Dwight possibly/probably killing Daryl showing that you dont take chances and kill.  Meanwhile, Morgan gives an example of saving a Wolves who saved Denise. It's good build up stuff.

Is it too soon to predict that Morgan + Carol are the hero's in the Alexandria vs. Saviors conflict? 

Darryl didn't kill Dwight... and in that moment of clarity, the fat nurse girl chose Rosita and Darryl for her mission, which connects the three of them... then Dwight kills both Rosita and fat nurse... leaving Darryl holding the bag of guilt, for not killing him when he had the chance.

7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Dwight said "you'll be alright". Pretty sure he was saying it to Darryl. Dwight is a nobody... he's not killing a major character, so Rosita is perfect for him to pop.

I think this is intended to make us thing he shot Darryl, but it's not a kill shot. I think he blew away Rosita, and then said "you'll be alright" to **** with Darryl emotionally. I think Rosita is done-zo.

Negan will be taking down whichever fan favorite dies... which is why I think Glenn gets the bat. If they want to do Negan the right way, he takes out several people... not just Glenn. 

I guess I could see that but it would be weird.  Even when Glenn "died", I immediately speculated exactly what we learned actually happened.  This one doesnt give you that out, from what I saw.  And just like the Glenn scene, I watched it like 5 times. Could be wrong, but I think he shoots his hand or something like that...like his crossbow hand, not life threatening but I dont see how that bullet would have hit Rosita. Plus, Dwight admitted he was aiming for Daryl last run in and missed. 

And I think Dwight becomes a factor.  There is some mystery left unsolved behind why he was running from Negan in the first place. 

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Darryl didn't kill Dwight... and in that moment of clarity, the fat nurse girl chose Rosita and Darryl for her mission, which connects the three of them... then Dwight kills both Rosita and fat nurse... leaving Darryl holding the bag of guilt, for not killing him when he had the chance.

Again, I like this theory, just not there yet.   We shall see soon enough.

Archived