The Walking Dead

SenorGato

11 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

I would actually dig that! I need a new storyline for awhile. Rick and the crew escaping death "time after time after time](*,) is getting a little old.

Need a new "Hardass" to delve into his psyche. Season 6 started off with such a kick in the nuts.... fissled out at the end.

If they followed the comic a little closer, then his crew would have a few more KIAs.

While it would be interesting to see Negan's back story other than the glimpses we get for late arriving characters (Governor, Abraham, Eugene), I think the show runners would dork it up.  Plus, with 16 episodes, they cannot afford to waste 4-5 episodes on say a stupid hospital storyline that involved a minor character.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On April 4, 2016 at 11:19 PM, Spoot-Face said:

I've never seen Snatch, but it's now on my watch-list. Thank you.

Fantastic movie.  Gets even better after a few watches.

13 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

I would actually dig that! I need a new storyline for awhile. Rick and the crew escaping death "time after time after time](*,) is getting a little old.

Need a new "Hardass" to delve into his psyche. Season 6 started off with such a kick in the nuts.... fissled out at the end.

100% agreed.

Smartest thing they can do is to go back to the beginning with Negan, let fans embrace him, then catch up to current... and force fans to choose a side. That's the type of audience torment I'd enjoy. Not this "well, JJ Abrams did it with LOST" crap.

2 hours ago, PFSIKH said:

If they followed the comic a little closer, then his crew would have a few more KIAs.

While it would be interesting to see Negan's back story other than the glimpses we get for late arriving characters (Governor, Abraham, Eugene), I think the show runners would dork it up.  Plus, with 16 episodes, they cannot afford to waste 4-5 episodes on say a stupid hospital storyline that involved a minor character.

Except, we've seen them waste entire seasons on stupid things...

10 hours ago, rillo said:

I got Abraham or Carl in my deadpool, with Glenn being a close 3rd.

Not going to be Carl. Though, I wish it was... Negan said "if he does anything cut out his other eye and feed it to his father". Which also rules out Rick. I forgot this little detail before coming up with my Rick theorie/clues.

Bums me out. I hate both of them. 

14 hours ago, Jolot said:

That's not gay this is gay...I recognized him from Greys Anatomy ....my wife's favorite show of course :) 

Oh wow I didn't know he was on that show. You definitely have me beat, LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So this picture is floating around right now.  You can clearly see Carl's silhouette.  IF this is real, I still don't think Carl gets his skull caved in.  It's gotta be someone on either side of him.  That leaves Eugene & Aaron.  IMO neither of those deaths are going to be earth shattering.  I'd miss Eugene's one liners but that's about it.  

Capture.jpg

54 minutes ago, Alk said:

So this picture is floating around right now.  You can clearly see Carl's silhouette.  IF this is real, I still don't think Carl gets his skull caved in.  It's gotta be someone on either side of him.  That leaves Eugene & Aaron.  IMO neither of those deaths are going to be earth shattering.  I'd miss Eugene's one liners but that's about it.  

Capture.jpg

They said on the after show that there were clues in the video.

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Not going to be Carl. Though, I wish it was... Negan said "if he does anything cut out his other eye and feed it to his father". Which also rules out Rick. I forgot this little detail before coming up with my Rick theorie/clues.

Bums me out. I hate both of them. 

I'm ruling out Daryl and Glenn also..at the beginning the guy said be nice to those people in your truck you may never see them again, or something to that effect , gotta be Abraham 

3 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Except, we've seen them waste entire seasons on stupid things...

Word.

They could do what they did for Breaking Bad with Better Call Saul. 

After Fear inevitably bombs with a series based on a boat, then we can have a Negan series were we go from the 40 year old disgruntled Wal Mart worker to Negan.

52 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

Word.

After Fear inevitably bombs with a series based on a boat, then we can have a Negan series were we go from the 40 year old disgruntled Wal Mart worker to Negan.

That's actually a phenomenal idea 

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

They said on the after show that there were clues in the video.

They said there were clues in the episode, not necessarily that video from ALK.

Sometimes clouds look like elephants, or cars, or whatever... sometimes shadows do the same. I don't know how much stock I'm going to put into this shadow being Carl's silhouette. The light source is behind Negan, hence the shadows gathering in the middle of his face, chest, abdomen and the raised arms would create natural shadows in those shoulder areas that look like the rim of the dumb hat.

That said, this is movie making... perhaps the scene where the hat gets flipped up by Negan's guy is a clue to look for this silhouette of the hat, in a scene in which they've developed two light sources - one behind Negan, and one on the ground, behind Carl, pointing up. That's the only way a shot like this could happening from a lighting standpoint.

I think there were more literal clues that could lead to all sorts of theories. 

1 hour ago, PFSIKH said:

Word.

It's a shame that Fear isn't catching on. I don't mind it, and actually like the casting of Ruben Blades and Cliff Curtis. 

Personally, I think the first-person point of view usage is fundamental to picking up the "clues" they are alluding to.

I can't recall ANY time first-person was used in this series, yet it was used in two different ways in this episode. The episode opened with first-person POV from one of the captured people seeing slivers of light, and that view was re-referenced in the episode a few times, each time with more "clarity" as though this person started out waking up from being knocked out... and as they gained more clarity, the episode progressed towards them being lined up on their knees. Then when Lucille came crashing down, they went back to first-person POV.

The episode began and ended in first-person POV, if memory serves.

So, we know Glenn, Michone, Daryl, Rosita were all captured to begin the episode.

If this "clue" proves out, then Rick, Carl, Eugene, Abraham, Sasha, Maggie, and Aaron will live.

Maybe the real reason for all of this is that they'll have a fan vote between seasons to decide:  "Who do YOU want to see bludgeoned to death?"

I'd vote Carl over and over again... even if there could be other options that would be better for the show.  The only thing dumber than the way this season ended, was him getting shot in the head and living thanks to the magic bullet that decided to dodge his brain.

47 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

They said there were clues in the episode, not necessarily that video from ALK.

Sometimes clouds look like elephants, or cars, or whatever... sometimes shadows do the same. I don't know how much stock I'm going to put into this shadow being Carl's silhouette. The light source is behind Negan, hence the shadows gathering in the middle of his face, chest, abdomen and the raised arms would create natural shadows in those shoulder areas that look like the rim of the dumb hat.

That said, this is movie making... perhaps the scene where the hat gets flipped up by Negan's guy is a clue to look for this silhouette of the hat, in a scene in which they've developed two light sources - one behind Negan, and one on the ground, behind Carl, pointing up. That's the only way a shot like this could happening from a lighting standpoint.

I think there were more literal clues that could lead to all sorts of theories. 

What do you think happens first:

1. The zombie Apocalypse ends and civilization returns to normal 

or

2. You finally get your prize (Signed Leonard Williams Helmet) from JetNation?

It is going to be pretty close. Too close to call imo. :) And, sorry.

7 minutes ago, Maxman said:

What do you think happens first:

1. The zombie Apocalypse ends and civilization returns to normal 

or

2. You finally get your prize (Signed Leonard Williams Helmet) from JetNation?

It is going to be pretty close. Too close to call imo. :) And, sorry.

Zombies, obviously. And they'll be wearing the helmet so we can't massive head wound them to take them out!

31 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Maybe the real reason for all of this is that they'll have a fan vote between seasons to decide:  "Who do YOU want to see bludgeoned to death?"

I'd vote Carl over and over again... even if there could be other options that would be better for the show.  The only thing dumber than the way this season ended, was him getting shot in the head and living thanks to the magic bullet that decided to dodge his brain.

It's amazing how quick he recovered from a hot that took out an eye.  Seems to have no side effects.

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Personally, I think the first-person point of view usage is fundamental to picking up the "clues" they are alluding to.

I am going to wait until some YouTube nerd with the time and energy can break it down.

On 4/4/2016 at 9:18 AM, gEYno said:

"He's taking it like a champ"

He.

And as pointed out, killing a pregnant woman, if you're going to let the rest live, is not smart strategy.

Carl and Rick are eliminated for aforementioned reasons, leaving Daryl, Glenn, and Abraham, all viable as all are dead (or never existed) at this point.

He never says he.   "Damn, taking it like a champ"

7 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I can't recall ANY time first-person was used in this series, yet it was used in two different ways in this episode. The episode opened with first-person POV from one of the captured people seeing slivers of light, and that view was re-referenced in the episode a few times, each time with more "clarity" as though this person started out waking up from being knocked out... and as they gained more clarity, the episode progressed towards them being lined up on their knees. Then when Lucille came crashing down, they went back to first-person POV.

The episode began and ended in first-person POV, if memory serves.

So, we know Glenn, Michone, Daryl, Rosita were all captured to begin the episode.

If this "clue" proves out, then Rick, Carl, Eugene, Abraham, Sasha, Maggie, and Aaron will live.

I just rewatched that scene, if your theory is right then it's Glenn , you can briefly see daryls head from the first person point of view when they open the doors, and Glenn is the last one out. Actually it makes sense , the best way to trip up the audience in this case was to stick to what was in the comics , nobody thought it was gonna be Glenn because it was too obvious .

On 4/5/2016 at 11:39 PM, rillo said:

I got Abraham or Carl in my deadpool, with Glenn being a close 3rd.

Can't see it being Carl.  if they kill Carl, they will have to kill Rick to.   Same with Maggie, if they kill her they have to kill Glenn.  Maggie is actually the most logical.  When Megen was walking around he said to her, something alone the lines of "you look like crap".  Keep in mind the reason for keeping them alive is to enslave them.    A pregnant/sick woman is not going to be a good slave.

Sticking with Eugene.   He was trying to be a man in this episode, he died bravely, and nobody has  to freak out about his death.    

BTW, I feel pretty sure this coming season will be the last one.  They are just jumping the shark to much to come up with original story lines.  My prediction is the whole next season is going to be about the battle between Megen,the Hill top, and Alexandria.    Rick will be killed off the next to last epsiode, and Carl will survive, but HARD.  The black guy will be the new leader, but the show will be done.

They'll run with Fear, and some new (Refreshed) spins for a few more seasons, then be done

1 hour ago, flgreen said:

Would be cheesy to kill off Glenn the last episode last year and again this time.  Plus he forgave Glenn for the emotional freak out.    Think it could be Eugene.

I think that was a 'soft opening' to see how the world reacts.  Poorly as one would expect.  I am not a fan of meek Carol, but I have never really liked Glenn.

1 hour ago, flgreen said:

Can't see it being Carl.  if they kill Carl, they will have to kill Rick to.   Same with Maggie, if they kill her they have to kill Glenn.  Maggie is actually the most logical.  When Megen was walking around he said to her, something alone the lines of "you look like crap".  Keep in mind the reason for keeping them alive is to enslave them.    A pregnant/sick woman is not going to be a good slave.

Sticking with Eugene.   He was trying to be a man in this episode, he died bravely, and nobody has  to freak out about his death.    

BTW, I feel pretty sure this coming season will be the last one.  They are just jumping the shark to much to come up with original story lines.  My prediction is the whole next season is going to be about the battle between Megen,the Hill top, and Alexandria.    Rick will be killed off the next to last epsiode, and Carl will survive, but HARD.  The black guy will be the new leader, but the show will be done.

They'll run with Fear, and some new (Refreshed) spins for a few more seasons, then be done

It is essentially the same storyline as the comic.  There are differences (existence of Daryl, Carol being alive, Denise with an arrow instead of Abraham etc.), but the TV show travels largely parallel to the comic.  Seeing they have a one year up to two years of content with Negan, short of not wanting more money they have plenty of plot lines.  As long as they do not pull a Terminus with Negan, I can see that storyline going two seasons.

3 hours ago, flgreen said:

Would be cheesy to kill off Glenn the last episode last year and again this time.  Plus he forgave Glenn for the emotional freak out.    Think it could be Eugene.

I think Eugene's story is just beginning.  He'll take a step back from trying to be a tough guy, and make himself worthwhile with the bullet factory thing as we know an 'all-out-war' is brewing for Rick v. Negan.

2 minutes ago, gEYno said:

I think Eugene's story is just beginning.  He'll take a step back from trying to be a tough guy, and make himself worthwhile with the bullet factory thing as we know an 'all-out-war' is brewing for Rick v. Negan.

Good point with the bullet factory.    Hope it's not Abraham, he and Negan had that staring match right before the crack

I watched this epi 3x, the victim of lucille came out of the van,   Glenn  Daryl  Michonne or Rosita, i am now leaning towards Daryl. Glenn is too obvious.

If I had to rank

1)Daryl  2) Michonne  3)Glenn  4) Rosita 

41 minutes ago, afosomf said:

BTW the best show out there is The Americans on FX.  I binged watched the first 3 seasons. Outstanding show

I could not get into that show.  I might have to circle back to it after reading all the reviews.

8 hours ago, flgreen said:

Negan will run for easily two and maybe 2-1/2 to 3 seasons of they milk it...he's here for awhile...the creators have said they want 12 seasons. Glenn is the one who got killed , rewatching it I'm positive now.

13 hours ago, Jolot said:

Negan will run for easily two and maybe 2-1/2 to 3 seasons of they milk it...he's here for awhile...the creators have said they want 12 seasons. Glenn is the one who got killed , rewatching it I'm positive now.

Yeah i guess they want to be the top show for 12 years, I want to hit powerball.  lol

We'll see.  Just get the idea they are reaching with some of the plots.   Glenn getting killed off last reason, then returning from the dead.  Carl getting shot in the eye, and being fine.  

JMO but i think they are going to wind TWD down with the epic battle with Negan, and then run with a whole new cast, and plot with "Fear".

We'll see

Archived