The Walking Dead

SenorGato

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Get me my axe part was stupid. You mean to tell me bashing two heads in didn't break Rick, so making  him play fetch was going to do it? Come on. That, and all the stupid strobey flashbacks were all time-wasters. The episode lacked substance completely. It was a shock and awe episode, which is fine, but I can't stand dipsh*ts like the Talking Dead guy trying to discuss it like it's Shakespeare. 

Glenn's bulgy eye was more akin to the campy Army of Darkness style, than it was anything realist.

I still enjoyed it.

The monologues and eenie meenie minie moe were too drawn out for me. I did enjoy the whole breaking down of Rick though which was the whole point of the episode. Rick was still acting like a tough guy after the heads bashed in, and the fetch the axe. It was only after the chopping arm of his son did he finally admit he was outmatched.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, PFSIKH said:

Dictators survive like that now.

Negan empowers people below him.  Simon is his number 2/deputy which probably allows a level of authority in the saviors.  There is probably a third tier of saviors that have command and control over a small group.  It probably mirrors a military unit in many regards.  While every level might think about upper movement, they are glad to be at the level they are and not a level below.

Dictators exist within the confines of a very different reality.  They have tremendous wealth and power and are generally shielded from the general public.  Negan, within this fictional universe, may control the resources, but not to the same magnitude of someone running a country.  Rick could have killed Negan in the van, there were opportunities to do so, even if it meant his own death.  Rick could have killed Negan when he was asked to cut his son's arm off.  We know he didn't because it would mean others would get hurt, but you open yourself up to something like that, and your bound to see someone take their shot.  A real life dictator would never open himself up to that.  Others would have done these things for him, and Rick and co. likely would never have met him.

EDIT: For instance, how about the trailer for next week?  We see Negan at the front of the gate banging with Lucile.  Right now, they still have weapons at Alexandria, no?  While I get that it's a show of power, you do that enough times, someone takes the shot, puts you down, and figures out the consequences later.  It's brash to the point of careless.  Basically, at that moment, Rick and co. are allowing Negan to live to protect Daryl.  Honestly, Daryl would say "take the shot" and I'm sure if this is how Negan operates, someone along the line would have taken the shot.  And, which is kind of my overarching thesis here, it only takes one shot.

3 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

SOA was just one stupid calamity after another. Ray Donovan uses the exact same format. The minute one drama is resolved, or at least stifled, the next one starts. Non-stop. 

Honestly, nothing pulls me out of a show more than this.  I can suspend my disbelief to say that zombies are taking over the planet more than I can that literally the moment something gets resolved, there's immediately a new, even more ridiculous problem... every... single... time...

I can tolerate it in shows where every episode is kind of a stand-alone minus a few overarching stories that we follow for the season, which is kind of the prime time model (for instance, Criminal Minds or Castle, you can tolerate that there are 18-24 different serial killers/crazy murders per year, because each episode can exist on it's own.  But in shows where the long stories are at the forefront, I can't tolerate it at all.

My wife likes Scandal on ABC, and I watch a lot of it with her.  That's a show that's super guilty of it.  You need the exposition to remember again why you care about these people at all and also just as a breather between "scandals" or calamities or whatever you'd like to call them.

2 hours ago, HessStation said:

But oddly enough, I don't mind slow. I actually like a slow pace if done right, i.e. I love old movies. They're all predominantly much slower than newer movies. Vertigo is one of my favorites and that's slow. My two gripes would be, I guess, you can't extend a cliffhanger/climax for 60 straight minutes...an entire episode. I mean, you can, of course you can...but it's boring. Like...And enough with the 10 mins drama death scene. Besides that I'm cool. 

And don't get me wrong I like the show a lot. I'm heavily invested at this point regardless.

Tend to agree.  They overdue it sometimes in how they drag things out.  This show could have literally opened with "and you are I-T-IT" BOOM.  And it would have been pretty awesome.  Everyone tuning in knew the backstory, you still could have accomplished the same things in the episode, and could have done it without being overly dramatic.

That said, it didn't bother me that much, and I'm excited for Sunday nights again, which I haven't been since The Night Of ended.

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Fear the walking dead, Talking dead? Eventually they will have Stalking Dead, dude dressed up as a zombie walking up to people in NYC asking what they thought about the show. Eventually someone will panic and put an umbrella through his eye socket because that kills zombies in NYC. Then someone else with host the show. 

I saw my first "creepy clown" in the city.  Was hiding out by Penn Station.  Found myself thinking, this guy is going to get his ass kicked.  I was in a cab, but if I was walking by and he popped out, no question I hit him.  It's midtown at night, you gotta protect yourself.

12 minutes ago, gEYno said:

I saw my first "creepy clown" in the city.  Was hiding out by Penn Station.  Found myself thinking, this guy is going to get his ass kicked.  I was in a cab, but if I was walking by and he popped out, no question I hit him.  It's midtown at night, you gotta protect yourself.

I was ahead of the curve on Creepy clowns. Steven Kings "It" destroyed any childhood fantasies of funny and kind clowns for me. "They float" still sounds off in my head when I see water running down a street gutter.  Took my kids quite a few years back to Ringling Brothers and the clowns depressed me more than paying $67 for four snow cones in special designer container you throw out minute you get home. Creepy clown jumps out at me and a right cross to the temple be the best case scenario. LOL

28 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Honestly, nothing pulls me out of a show more than this.  I can suspend my disbelief to say that zombies are taking over the planet more than I can that literally the moment something gets resolved, there's immediately a new, even more ridiculous problem... every... single... time...

I can tolerate it in shows where every episode is kind of a stand-alone minus a few overarching stories that we follow for the season, which is kind of the prime time model (for instance, Criminal Minds or Castle, you can tolerate that there are 18-24 different serial killers/crazy murders per year, because each episode can exist on it's own.  But in shows where the long stories are at the forefront, I can't tolerate it at all.

My wife likes Scandal on ABC, and I watch a lot of it with her.  That's a show that's super guilty of it.  You need the exposition to remember again why you care about these people at all and also just as a breather between "scandals" or calamities or whatever you'd like to call them.

Yea, it's why I've always dumped on SOA, and why I recently just stopped watching Ray Donovan. Contrary to what JIF was saying about them all being the same, they aren't. The Walking Dead has had plenty of reprieve from drama. There are episodes/moments about healing physically and emotionally, or as a group, about philosophy and the meaning of life. It juxtaposes smashing zombie skulls and rampant homicide with something methodically thoughtful. Whereas, SOA is just stupid. Granted I watched that whole damn show, but there was never anything insightful about it. It was a swirling sh*tstorm with Jax as the lynchpin to all of it. 

Totally with you.

3 hours ago, HessStation said:

Don't watch Talking dead. I watched like 10 min Sunday night and almost threw up in my mouth it was so fuking pretentious. I immediately started not liking the show until I turned it. 

This sums it up nicely.

29 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Dictators exist within the confines of a very different reality.  They have tremendous wealth and power and are generally shielded from the general public.  Negan, within this fictional universe, may control the resources, but not to the same magnitude of someone running a country.  Rick could have killed Negan in the van, there were opportunities to do so, even if it meant his own death.  Rick could have killed Negan when he was asked to cut his son's arm off.  We know he didn't because it would mean others would get hurt, but you open yourself up to something like that, and your bound to see someone take their shot.  A real life dictator would never open himself up to that.  Others would have done these things for him, and Rick and co. likely would never have met him.

EDIT: For instance, how about the trailer for next week?  We see Negan at the front of the gate banging with Lucile.  Right now, they still have weapons at Alexandria, no?  While I get that it's a show of power, you do that enough times, someone takes the shot, puts you down, and figures out the consequences later.  It's brash to the point of careless.  Basically, at that moment, Rick and co. are allowing Negan to live to protect Daryl.  Honestly, Daryl would say "take the shot" and I'm sure if this is how Negan operates, someone along the line would have taken the shot.  And, which is kind of my overarching thesis here, it only takes one shot.

As does Negan.

He has half.  Half of the food, weapons, ammo, medicine, etc.  His power is derived by his numbers and further re-enforced by his behavior. 

Rick and crew killed how many?  20?  30?  Yet, Negan had enough manpower to steer Rick and his people to their fatal meeting.  Yeah, Negan might not be a dictator by today's standards, nor do his numbers make a small country, but he is in the Walking Dead world.  Rick and Alexandria cannot stand-up to the Saviors and win.  The Saviors can simply throw more bodies at the attack and win through attrition.  He will need the Hilltop and Kingdom to be able to stand toe-to-toe with Negan.

22 hours ago, gEYno said:

I have kind of a philosophical problem with the Negan character.  We're in a world of complete lawlessness as well as zombies.  I don't see how a guy like Negan could ever survive.  Rick survives because despite his decreasing humanity over the seasons, he is good to his people, and generally attempts to act in their best interest.  Negan seems a danger to all, and it's somewhat abusrd to think that no one would have killed him by now.  You can certainly understand how people would follow him, but somewhere along the line, for a guy like that, date and time.  Just like Omar.

Some people are attracted to that kind of brutal, violent leadership and if Negan is charismatic in a non-awful manner to his group at least some of the time you could find people easily rationalizing the brutality as necessary and better than the alternative--at least he has kept a lot of people alive, fed and fairly safe. 

Negan is also a product of opportunity. He was in a position to take control of a group that accepted that kind of leadership. If he had fallen in with Rick's group early on then he probably would have met the same fate as Darryl's brother. 

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Yea, it's why I've always dumped on SOA, and why I recently just stopped watching Ray Donovan. Contrary to what JIF was saying about them all being the same, they aren't. The Walking Dead has had plenty of reprieve from drama. There are episodes/moments about healing physically and emotionally, or as a group, about philosophy and the meaning of life. It juxtaposes smashing zombie skulls and rampant homicide with something methodically thoughtful. Whereas, SOA is just stupid. Granted I watched that whole damn show, but there was never anything insightful about it. It was a swirling sh*tstorm with Jax as the lynchpin to all of it. 

Totally with you.

That show, and How I Met Your Mother, are the only two shows I can think of where I hated the ending so much, it made me dislike the entire series.

1 hour ago, PFSIKH said:

As does Negan.

He has half.  Half of the food, weapons, ammo, medicine, etc.  His power is derived by his numbers and further re-enforced by his behavior. 

Rick and crew killed how many?  20?  30?  Yet, Negan had enough manpower to steer Rick and his people to their fatal meeting.  Yeah, Negan might not be a dictator by today's standards, nor do his numbers make a small country, but he is in the Walking Dead world.  Rick and Alexandria cannot stand-up to the Saviors and win.  The Saviors can simply throw more bodies at the attack and win through attrition.  He will need the Hilltop and Kingdom to be able to stand toe-to-toe with Negan.

Yes, I get that Rick and crew cannot stand up to his entire army.  That's not at all what I'm saying.  What I'm saying is that in the universe they've created, everyone is vulnerable.  Everyone.  And, Negan, being the person that he's been depicted as at this point, I find it hard to believe that no one he's come across has taken a shot.  And, he's a human, so it only takes one instance, one shot.  How do you take so many cities, control so many people, and do it so maniacally, without someone, at some point, taking their shot.  It just doesn't add up for me that a guy like him wouldn't have gotten clipped at one point or another, the same way that Omar was ultimately killed by a child.

1 hour ago, rex-n-effect said:

Some people are attracted to that kind of brutal, violent leadership and if Negan is charismatic in a non-awful manner to his group at least some of the time you could find people easily rationalizing the brutality as necessary and better than the alternative--at least he has kept a lot of people alive, fed and fairly safe. 

Negan is also a product of opportunity. He was in a position to take control of a group that accepted that kind of leadership. If he had fallen in with Rick's group early on then he probably would have met the same fate as Darryl's brother. 

Again, I'm not saying that his rise to power is impossible or even improbable.  I'm saying, as brutal as he is, and as human and made of soft tissue that he is, I find it difficult to imagine that no one, nowhere along the line, would take their shot.  Again, look at the next episode, at least from the trailer.  If Rick doesn't care about Daryl's life, or is even willing to gamble with Daryl's life, then Negan is taken down at that fence.

3 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Again, I'm not saying that his rise to power is impossible or even improbable.  I'm saying, as brutal as he is, and as human and made of soft tissue that he is, I find it difficult to imagine that no one, nowhere along the line, would take their shot.  Again, look at the next episode, at least from the trailer.  If Rick doesn't care about Daryl's life, or is even willing to gamble with Daryl's life, then Negan is taken down at that fence.

Luck and successful risk calculations. Negan knows Rick cares more about Daryl's life than killing Negan in that moment. Rick also knows Negan has a larger force and much worse things would happen than living under Negan's thumb. 

14 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

Luck and successful risk calculations. Negan knows Rick cares more about Daryl's life than killing Negan in that moment. Rick also knows Negan has a larger force and much worse things would happen than living under Negan's thumb. 

Yes, in this instance.  And, I can buy that.  What I'm saying is that there are many instances over time.  He's bound to have been wrong once.  I'm a professional psychologist in real life.  I analyze and interpret human behavior for a living and I have a doctorate in it.  And I am wrong about people I know far better than Negan knows Rick quite frequently.  But the only consequence for me, at worst, we have a misunderstanding, they see that I'm not infallible, and I get to work with that, learn my clients better, and continue the process.  Unlike me, however, if Negan is wrong about his interpretation of Rick, or any one of the many other people he encountered/"broke" to get where he is now, just one time, he's dead.  The end.

8 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Yes, in this instance.  And, I can buy that.  What I'm saying is that there are many instances over time.  He's bound to have been wrong once.  I'm a professional psychologist in real life.  I analyze and interpret human behavior for a living and I have a doctorate in it.  And I am wrong about people I know far better than Negan knows Rick quite frequently.  But the only consequence for me, at worst, we have a misunderstanding, they see that I'm not infallible, and I get to work with that, learn my clients better, and continue the process.  Unlike me, however, if Negan is wrong about his interpretation of Rick, or any one of the many other people he encountered/"broke" to get where he is now, just one time, he's dead.  The end.

There are lots of other guys like Negan who did the same thing and died because their risk calculations were wrong (e.g. the governor) but Negan happens to be one that has had better luck.

I think you are also trying to impute too much logic on a guy who is clearly a little nuts.

10 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

There are lots of other guys like Negan who did the same thing and died because their risk calculations were wrong (e.g. the governor) but Negan happens to be one that has had better luck.

I think you are also trying to impute too much logic on a guy who is clearly a little nuts.

I'm not adding logic to Negan at all.  I'm saying, in this world, no one gets lucky for that long, and Negan opens himself up to being killed.  My argument is simply on a long enough timeline, someone like that gets killed by someone.  Ultimately, he'll be taken down by Rick at some point and in some way, so my point stands (unless you make the argument that Negan will win and end the series).  The only argument I'm making is that within this universe, I find it hard to believe that Rick will be the 1st one to do it.

EDIT: And the Governor, if I'm remembering correctly, ruled over a small group of people that didn't have a ton of interaction with other communities.  Once they stepped outside their walls, he died.

7 hours ago, gEYno said:

I guess, in brief, I'm saying that in this universe, leading by fear may work for a time, but it only takes one bullet, one knife, one walker.  

Counter Argument:  Germany Circa 1938 & The Soviet Union Circa most of it's existence.

Ruling by fear works just fine if the ruler or ruling cadre is string/forcefull/charismatic/effective enough.

Negan is insane, but the actions of the episode were 100% logical from his characters perspective.

And Negan is a tough bastard, he doesn't fear Rick, especially a Rick who knows his son dies horribly if he makes a move.

9 hours ago, Warfish said:

Counter Argument:  Germany Circa 1938 & The Soviet Union Circa most of it's existence.

Ruling by fear works just fine if the ruler or ruling cadre is string/forcefull/charismatic/effective enough.

Negan is insane, but the actions of the episode were 100% logical from his characters perspective.

And Negan is a tough bastard, he doesn't fear Rick, especially a Rick who knows his son dies horribly if he makes a move.

Was Hitler on the front lines?  Going door to door and rounding up Jews himself?

19 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Totally with you.

I think you missed the point of the ending of SOA.

The whole point was he did not want his sons to follow in his foot steps.  As he told, Smits or the baby mother, he wants his kids to know the truth about him and to hate him.   He did not want his kids to follow him down that path and life style.  As ultimately, it will destroy everything you love.

I agree that SOA and Donovan followed/are following the same TV production model.  Things are 'normal'.  A problem arises, usually self inflicted.  Come up with some crazy solution.

17 hours ago, gEYno said:

Yes, I get that Rick and crew cannot stand up to his entire army.  That's not at all what I'm saying.  What I'm saying is that in the universe they've created, everyone is vulnerable.  Everyone.  And, Negan, being the person that he's been depicted as at this point, I find it hard to believe that no one he's come across has taken a shot.  And, he's a human, so it only takes one instance, one shot.  How do you take so many cities, control so many people, and do it so maniacally, without someone, at some point, taking their shot.  It just doesn't add up for me that a guy like him wouldn't have gotten clipped at one point or another, the same way that Omar was ultimately killed by a child.

Saddam Husein, Fidel Castro, Guadaffi, ruled for decades.

You are asking a hypothetical question when it is a TV show and we know about .00001% of Negan and the Saviors lives.

3 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

The whole point was he did not want his sons to follow in his foot steps.  As he told, Smits or the baby mother, he wants his kids to know the truth about him and to hate him.   He did not want his kids to follow him down that path and life style.  As ultimately, it will destroy everything you love.

I agree that SOA and Donovan followed/are following the same TV production model.  Things are 'normal'.  A problem arises, usually self inflicted.  Come up with some crazy solution.

You are asking a hypothetical question when it is a TV show and we know about .00001% of Negan and the Saviors lives.

I think we both got the point of the end of SOA.  We, or at least I, thought it was stupid.  Here's a better idea, let your kids know you were a bad guy who is working hard every single day to redeem himself and be the kind of father they deserve.  Instead, they know their father as a bad guy and a coward who abandoned them.

Again, I acknowledge that there were dictators that rule by fear.  We're flirting with the idea of electing one right now.  These universes are different, and Negan is on the front lines.  The only argument I'm making, which people seem to be up in arms about, is that I find it hard to believe that a guy like Negan, who's so exceptionally cocky that he'll do the dirty work himself, doesn't get clipped at one point or another.  I also get that it's a TV show, but this is my feeling on character development within this TV show.  Would you have preferred I and those that have already agreed with my thoughts just said, "good episode?"

50 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

Oh, I understood the ending. Nobody was talking about the ending though. I was talking about the framework for story-telling being modeled by Donovan, but not by TWD. As for the SOA ending, as well as the whole show, it was stupid. I understood every aspect of it, but the message being sent to me... was stupid. It was exactly the low-brow pseudo-philosophical nonsense that makes people get tattoos of the Tazmanian Devil and then talk about how meaningful it is to them.

Like I said, I liked watching it, but more in the way I like watching WWF as a kid. It's not in the same stratosphere as the shows I consider "good" from a creative standpoint.

46 minutes ago, gEYno said:

I think we both got the point of the end of SOA.  We, or at least I, thought it was stupid.

Exactly. 

Jax's whole relationship with his children is handing them to his wife, junkie ex-girlfriend, mother or a sickly old man to keep and eye on them. So, honestly, it's an unrealistic proposition to the viewer to suggest that the main character—who is so self-serving that he prioritizes his middling, unsuccessful dealings in drugs, guns and prostitution/porn, regularly killing people, and running to the rescue when the families of his "loved ones" get shot to pieces—cares so much about his kids that he would opt for death over raising them right and working a mundane job.

Honestly, when it's all said and done, he probably could have made more as a mechanic than he ever did in crime—given that none of is exploits were ever successful, and they all caused so much collateral damage that he'd be in debt up to his eyeballs.

So, the ending, to me, is about is foolish a punctuation mark as the rest of the stupid show. If you like to watch bad acting, and ridiculous drama, then it's a fun show to watch... but it's not good, not from any standpoint of creativity.

1 hour ago, JoeC36 said:

As long as SOA is coming up, I took Opie's death a whole lot worse than either from the other night

SOA was always dumb. But it kinda went off the rails at that point. Still watched it, but it was marking time until they killed Clay. And then Sutter's idea seemed to put his wife front&center every episode either out of vanity or to see how far he could push the audience to the point they wanted Jax to kill his mom . Had a good idea about Hamlet in a motorcycle gang and then ...

On 10/25/2016 at 3:50 PM, gEYno said:

I'm not adding logic to Negan at all.  I'm saying, in this world, no one gets lucky for that long, and Negan opens himself up to being killed.  My argument is simply on a long enough timeline, someone like that gets killed by someone.  Ultimately, he'll be taken down by Rick at some point and in some way, so my point stands (unless you make the argument that Negan will win and end the series).  The only argument I'm making is that within this universe, I find it hard to believe that Rick will be the 1st one to do it.

EDIT: And the Governor, if I'm remembering correctly, ruled over a small group of people that didn't have a ton of interaction with other communities.  Once they stepped outside their walls, he died.

Edit: nvm 

10 hours ago, PFSIKH said:

IMG_1725.PNG

Holy jezzus, people.  They're TV shows.  You know, make believe.  Nobody is watching these things thinking they're some type of historical time pieces that are going to advance our society and culture.  These arent life changing literary pieces.  It's mindless entertainment about sh*t that doesnt happen and will never happen.  If you want to watch serious shows about real life stuff that is totally believable...then WTF are you watching a Zombie show based on a comic for?

I mean, I get it.  Everyone loves to be a critic and it's fun saying SOA and Donovan are stupid...but I really fail to see the difference.  I loved BrB, SOA, Donovan, TWD, BWE - all those shows are the same things with just a little bit of a different spin to it.  Like I said, it's Mexican food...all the same ingredients, prepared slightly different to produce a slightly different flavor. 

This thread is starting to remind me of the Super Hero movies conversations.  Debating the merits and plots lines of guys dressed in tights doing ridiculously stupid sh*t. 

On 10/24/2016 at 10:26 AM, Fishooked said:

I loved TWD, but man AMC has got to be the worst with the friggin commercials man, its brutal, Next time I'll DVR and start watching at 930pm instead. 

I do that every week.

I'm sorry to bring it up again but The Talking Dead, it comes on so quickly after the show ends, literally all I heard was the opening monologue from that loser guy...but the fact that there's a show for this show to talk about the show makes me want to punch someone who actually watches it, in the face. The people who watch this show are the same reason for the Kardashians. I ****kng hate you. From the bottom of my heart. 

Besides that, cool tiger!

I think it's funny that as this thread started to bash certain shows for repetitiveness and yet, Walking Dead does it every single season.  I love Carol, she's my favorite character but how many seasons do we need entire episodes revolved around her internal struggles only to leave the group, only to have some passionate speech about life and then shortly after, she is back again in some form and so and so on.  And how many times do we have to watch Morgan preach his moral high ground, over and over again?  

Not sure how I feel about this Zoo Keeper turned King with his CGI tiger.  And how is "The Kingdom" different than Alexandria or Woodbury?  It's a new neat peaceful place that has some dark hidden secrets....we've never seen this before!!!  Has this new community not had any type of conflict?  And oh no....now they're going to see what it's like on the outside being introduced to Rick's crew!!!!

The one thing I can say, is this new community does give the writers a break from having to just be dark and gloomy ie: how does Rick and the crew beat Negan and deal with the terror they just witnessed.  In that sense, the Kingdom gives them something to write in congruence to the Negan story arch but the only issue is, it's not new.  They've done this before minus the cool tiger and theatrical King. 

I assume this new community and their struggle with the Saviors is going to be the catalyst to Rick defeating Negan...but then what?  They have to end the show after this Negan story arch, right?  You cant keep just doing the same thing each season.  The one thing I will say is that they better make Negan the gnarliest of the gnarly because I really just dont see any difference right now between this and the Governor.  They have to go bigger and badder...which I think they've done a good job of with the first episode but it has to grow.  It cant be just that and then an eventual retaliation. 

7 hours ago, JiF said:

I think it's funny that as this thread started to bash certain shows for repetitiveness and yet, Walking Dead does it every single season.  I love Carol, she's my favorite character but how many seasons do we need entire episodes revolved around her internal struggles only to leave the group, only to have some passionate speech about life and then shortly after, she is back again in some form and so and so on.  And how many times do we have to watch Morgan preach his moral high ground, over and over again?  

Not sure how I feel about this Zoo Keeper turned King with his CGI tiger.  And how is "The Kingdom" different than Alexandria or Woodbury?  It's a new neat peaceful place that has some dark hidden secrets....we've never seen this before!!!  Has this new community not had any type of conflict?  And oh no....now they're going to see what it's like on the outside being introduced to Rick's crew!!!!

The one thing I can say, is this new community does give the writers a break from having to just be dark and gloomy ie: how does Rick and the crew beat Negan and deal with the terror they just witnessed.  In that sense, the Kingdom gives them something to write in congruence to the Negan story arch but the only issue is, it's not new.  They've done this before minus the cool tiger and theatrical King. 

I assume this new community and their struggle with the Saviors is going to be the catalyst to Rick defeating Negan...but then what?  They have to end the show after this Negan story arch, right?  You cant keep just doing the same thing each season.  The one thing I will say is that they better make Negan the gnarliest of the gnarly because I really just dont see any difference right now between this and the Governor.  They have to go bigger and badder...which I think they've done a good job of with the first episode but it has to grow.  It cant be just that and then an eventual retaliation. 

Negan storyline ends around 124 in the comic.  They are now around 160. 

I think the storyline starts/continues along the path of people being the bigger issue than walkers.

Archived