The Walking Dead

47 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

Negan storyline ends around 124 in the comic.  They are now around 160. 

I think the storyline starts/continues along the path of people being the bigger issue than walkers.

We've pretty much been there since they left the farm minus a few moments here and there.

I dont know what the top comment means because I've never read the comics.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey man , I'm married with two kids under the age of 5....not only do I watch it but I'm pretty sure it qualifies as a night out for me .

***** SPOILERS ***** Worst episode of the season. 1 hour and 15 minutes of driving an RV to road blocks and the same 4 commercials over-and-over... for what? So we can not even see the kill

Translation: T0m enjoyed the Eric / Aaron kiss.

Posted Images

3 hours ago, JiF said:

We've pretty much been there since they left the farm minus a few moments here and there.

I dont know what the top comment means because I've never read the comics.

I agree with your point.  I imagine it will continue down that path where zombies are less problematic and people are more as society starts to form some sort of structure.

Glenn's death was in the infamous 100th issue.  The next 26 issues deal with Negan. 

On November 1, 2016 at 8:04 PM, PFSIKH said:

I agree with your point.  I imagine it will continue down that path where zombies are less problematic and people are more as society starts to form some sort of structure.

Glenn's death was in the infamous 100th issue.  The next 26 issues deal with Negan. 

yea I bet we're looking at a minimum of two full seasons of Negan..maybe more.

On 11/1/2016 at 8:21 AM, JiF said:

I think it's funny that as this thread started to bash certain shows for repetitiveness and yet, Walking Dead does it every single season.  I love Carol, she's my favorite character but how many seasons do we need entire episodes revolved around her internal struggles only to leave the group, only to have some passionate speech about life and then shortly after, she is back again in some form and so and so on.  And how many times do we have to watch Morgan preach his moral high ground, over and over again?  

Not sure how I feel about this Zoo Keeper turned King with his CGI tiger.  And how is "The Kingdom" different than Alexandria or Woodbury?  It's a new neat peaceful place that has some dark hidden secrets....we've never seen this before!!!  Has this new community not had any type of conflict?  And oh no....now they're going to see what it's like on the outside being introduced to Rick's crew!!!!

The one thing I can say, is this new community does give the writers a break from having to just be dark and gloomy ie: how does Rick and the crew beat Negan and deal with the terror they just witnessed.  In that sense, the Kingdom gives them something to write in congruence to the Negan story arch but the only issue is, it's not new.  They've done this before minus the cool tiger and theatrical King. 

I assume this new community and their struggle with the Saviors is going to be the catalyst to Rick defeating Negan...but then what?  They have to end the show after this Negan story arch, right?  You cant keep just doing the same thing each season.  The one thing I will say is that they better make Negan the gnarliest of the gnarly because I really just dont see any difference right now between this and the Governor.  They have to go bigger and badder...which I think they've done a good job of with the first episode but it has to grow.  It cant be just that and then an eventual retaliation. 

Please show some respect for the King.

Another foundation laying episode.

Next week's episode looks like it might start finally moving the plot forward.

I know not many watch Talking Dead, for good reasons, but it had a pretty interesting preview of next week's episode between Rick and Michonne.  It could go in any number of directions.. 

I love horror and horror movies, I live for it and I know them all, but for some odd reason, I never dug in with this show.  I watched most of the first season with Michael Rooker and thought OK, there ya go, this can be GOOD;  but I got bored fast, kept trying to watch it, and then stopped giving a crap. I don't know, you'd think zombies and death would sustain my interest. I can't explain it, but it just didn't do it for me.  Maybe I shouldn't have given up on it, but whenever I happen to catch an episode in the middle on occasion, I flick to Hispanic soap operas and cooking shows. 

17 hours ago, jetophile said:

I love horror and horror movies, I live for it and I know them all, but for some odd reason, I never dug in with this show.  I watched most of the first season with Michael Rooker and thought OK, there ya go, this can be GOOD;  but I got bored fast, kept trying to watch it, and then stopped giving a crap. I don't know, you'd think zombies and death would sustain my interest. I can't explain it, but it just didn't do it for me.  Maybe I shouldn't have given up on it, but whenever I happen to catch an episode in the middle on occasion, I flick to Hispanic soap operas and cooking shows. 

I felt the same way.  Look at my first post in this thread.  I bash the show to no end and now I cant stop watching it.

It's not the best.  Too many redundant themes and boring set up episodes.  They tend to really bore you to death (like the last 2 episodes) but then treat you with a very dramatic climatic ending to the season or situation they're in.  Which always ropes you back in.  They have made for some of the more intense TV moments I can remember but lots of boring b.s. in between.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

I felt the same way.  Look at my first post in this thread.  I bash the show to no end and now I cant stop watching it.

It's not the best.  Too many redundant themes and boring set up episodes.  They tend to really bore you to death (like the last 2 episodes) but then treat you with a very dramatic climatic ending to the season or situation they're in.  Which always ropes you back in.  They have made for some of the more intense TV moments I can remember but lots of boring b.s. in between.

Bored to death, 'Phantasm' style?  One can only dream. 

1:29, it doesn't get any better than that. 

27 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Burned mattresses. Negan took them just to take them and make them all uncomfortable. Didn't even need them. Burned them just to spite Rick and clan.

Thanks.  I watched it twice and could not figure out what they were.

On 11/8/2016 at 0:56 PM, JiF said:

I agree and disagree with this.

The whole story line with Beth and the hospital was a waste.  Governor story line lasted too long.  Teriminus did not last long enough.

However, the Eastman Here's not here episode was very good and I have no issues with the last two.  In my opinion it was a little more deeper than previous bridge episodes with Ezekiel's reveal and the Daryl and Dwight interaction.  Plus, you had a lot of story lines up in the air with Carol/Moran, the main group, Daryl and  Maggie/Sasha going in different directions.   Pretty sure next episode is one as well.

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

The shark is officially jumped.

I think I'm with ya.  Between the CGI Tiger and the fake King to this Negan guy, the show might have officially gone of the tracks.  There is nothing interesting about either character.

As great JDM is as Negan, the character is just stupid.  He is a cold hearted ruthless villain who takes no sh*t but sometimes does and nobody knows why?  What's the motivation behind this absolute authority.  And I'm with EY, there is no way this dude is still walking the earth.  Someone, sometime, would have taken a shot and not given a **** about the consequences.  Like this dude is going to steal your women and whore them out to whoever, steal everything you won, threaten everyone and make you a slave and not one person ever just said **** it, I'll let myself and my loved one die before they become a slave/whore?  No way.  Not a chance. 

And now, he's a tough guy with no balls?  He let Carl point a gun at his boy and then threaten him and it's all good in the hood?

I think TWD might want to end this story arch sooner than expected because its flat out stupid at this point.  

15 minutes ago, JiF said:

I think I'm with ya.  Between the CGI Tiger and the fake King to this Negan guy, the show might have officially gone of the tracks.  There is nothing interesting about either character.

As great JDM is as Negan, the character is just stupid.  He is a cold hearted ruthless villain who takes no sh*t but sometimes does and nobody knows why?  What's the motivation behind this absolute authority.  And I'm with EY, there is no way this dude is still walking the earth.  Someone, sometime, would have taken a shot and not given a **** about the consequences.  Like this dude is going to steal your women and whore them out to whoever, steal everything you won, threaten everyone and make you a slave and not one person ever just said **** it, I'll let myself and my loved one die before they become a slave/whore?  No way.  Not a chance. 

And now, he's a tough guy with no balls?  He let Carl point a gun at his boy and then threaten him and it's all good in the hood?

I think TWD might want to end this story arch sooner than expected because its flat out stupid at this point.  

I haven't watched it since the thespian king of the zoo keepers and his pet lion showed up. LOL  That was it for me. 

33 minutes ago, JiF said:

This episode annoyed me again.

They did the whole "rick is going to hit him with lucile" bit at the end.  But, that literally would have been the stupidest time for this to happen.  There were at least 4 times where Rick could have easily killed Negan and taken a stand.  For instance, when the two guys go down into the armory, and he's alone with Negan, why not bash his head in, then head down stairs and take out the other two guys.  Then, you have a bunch of guns, and it's still reasonably quiet, you can use your knowledge of Alexandria to win.  This even ignores the impulse kill I've been talking about.  This would have just been good strategy... Or... Carl shoots the two guys in the house, Rick kills Negan.  A bit louder, but they still can fight their way out... Or, how about shooting him at the door when he's banging with the bat.  You're behind the walls... They're not.

33 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I haven't watched it since the thespian king of the zoo keepers and his pet lion showed up. LOL  That was it for me. 

It was one of the more ridiculous things a show has ever made me accept. 

13 minutes ago, gEYno said:

This episode annoyed me again.

They did the whole "rick is going to hit him with lucile" bit at the end.  But, that literally would have been the stupidest time for this to happen.  There were at least 4 times where Rick could have easily killed Negan and taken a stand.  For instance, when the two guys go down into the armory, and he's alone with Negan, why not bash his head in, then head down stairs and take out the other two guys.  Then, you have a bunch of guns, and it's still reasonably quiet, you can use your knowledge of Alexandria to win.  This even ignores the impulse kill I've been talking about.  This would have just been good strategy... Or... Carl shoots the two guys in the house, Rick kills Negan.  A bit louder, but they still can fight their way out... Or, how about shooting him at the door when he's banging with the bat.  You're behind the walls... They're not.

I'm right there with you.  He's worried about not losing anyone else but he's not worried about his women becoming slave whores?  I'm pretty sure every single one of those women, as tough as they are, would rather death than being Negan's whore.

As you said, there were numerous times where Rick could have killed Negan and possibly navigated his way out of dodge.  But the way they entered Alexandria, was the most infuriating for me.  All those guns, all those people, they even have ******* RPG but they couldnt make a stand right there and then and blow them all to pieces?

Like I said, JDM is killing the role as Negan.  He's creepy and charismatic and its a wonderful acting job its just a stupid character.  At least the Governor had some motivation and you understood it.  This whole story line makes zero sense. 

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

It was one of the more ridiculous things a show has ever made me accept. 

Especially after that first episode. Negan is smashing two main characters skulls in with a barb wired baseball bat in front of the entire group including his pregnant wife. One of the most violent and sadistic things I ever saw on network TV.  He then almost gets Rick to cut his sons own arm off.  They follow that up with Dr. Doolittle and his trained tiger? Dude I love fantasy and Comic book based shows but holy crap there is a limit to what my bacon brain can handle. Wow.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Especially after that first episode. Negan is smashing two main characters skulls in with a barb wired baseball bat in front of the entire group including his pregnant wife. One of the most violent and sadistic things I ever saw on network TV.  He then almost gets Rick to cut his sons own arm off.  They follow that up with Dr. Doolittle and his trained tiger? Dude I love fantasy and Comic book based shows but holy crap there is a limit to what my bacon brain can handle. Wow.

It's funny, I'm actually pretty okay with the Kingdom.  At least once Ezekial and Carol had the late night conversation.  I can buy that people want to be ruled, to some degree, and this theatrical king gives them some kind of hope.  I buy that much more than a sadistic, arrogant, and ultimately careless SOB doesn't catch a bullet somewhere along the line.

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

I'm right there with you.  He's worried about not losing anyone else but he's not worried about his women becoming slave whores?  I'm pretty sure every single one of those women, as tough as they are, would rather death than being Negan's whore.

As you said, there were numerous times where Rick could have killed Negan and possibly navigated his way out of dodge.  But the way they entered Alexandria, was the most infuriating for me.  All those guns, all those people, they even have ******* RPG but they couldnt make a stand right there and then and blow them all to pieces?

Like I said, JDM is killing the role as Negan.  He's creepy and charismatic and its a wonderful acting job its just a stupid character.  At least the Governor had some motivation and you understood it.  This whole story line makes zero sense. 

You could make the argument that Daryl was there so you couldn't blow them up... But, even that... Daryl would have told Rick to take the shot.

19 minutes ago, gEYno said:

It's funny, I'm actually pretty okay with the Kingdom.  At least once Ezekial and Carol had the late night conversation.  I can buy that people want to be ruled, to some degree, and this theatrical king gives them some kind of hope.  I buy that much more than a sadistic, arrogant, and ultimately careless SOB doesn't catch a bullet somewhere along the line.

Agreed.  It was just the whole CGI character the act that is stupid.  You can be ruler without acting like a moron. 

18 minutes ago, gEYno said:

You could make the argument that Daryl was there so you couldn't blow them up... But, even that... Daryl would have told Rick to take the shot.

100% but they didnt know Daryl was there. 

1 hour ago, gEYno said:

A pet tiger? The surviving people are killing one another for food and supplies. King Ezekiel has a pet tiger?  You know what any tiger does when hungry? They kill and eat. 

5 hours ago, JiF said:

I think that is it.  We can all arm chair QB and say he should have done this and or that, but he does not have that mindset.  He remembers  what he did when he went off half cocked to take care of the Hilltop's Negan issue.   

Yeah, he could have killed Negan any number of times, but a unknown guy walking up to the front gate with numerous vehicles and said "little pig little pig let me in."  Do you see anyone from Alexandria being able to walk up to the Sanctuary or one of Negan's places with out getting shot at?

Negan is playing a different game than Rick.

9 hours ago, JiF said:

Agree 100%, I'm getting done , obviously it's a zombie show so it's hard to talk about " realistic "...but cmon ...Rick is a hardened F'ing killer ..he's had Negan alone 3 times now in 2 episodes and bowed down to him for what reason again ? Carol took out 15 wolves singlehandedly , your telling me with a damn arsenal in Alexandria that they just let Negan and his Happy Days looking out of shape slobs roll in knock on the door and enslave them ?? It's just beyond stupid at this point , I haven't missed an episode in 7 seasons but it's as bad as it's ever been . I agree with your point , this was most likely supposed to be a 2 to 2-1/2 season story line ....they should seriously consider wrapping it up in the 2nd half of season 7....Negan is the biggest television bust since Gerlado popped open Al Calpones vault .

• Upvote 1
15 hours ago, PFSIKH said:

I think that is it.  We can all arm chair QB and say he should have done this and or that, but he does not have that mindset.  He remembers  what he did when he went off half cocked to take care of the Hilltop's Negan issue.   

Yeah, he could have killed Negan any number of times, but a unknown guy walking up to the front gate with numerous vehicles and said "little pig little pig let me in."  Do you see anyone from Alexandria being able to walk up to the Sanctuary or one of Negan's places with out getting shot at?

Negan is playing a different game than Rick.

What game is that? 

12 hours ago, Jolot said:

Agree 100%, I'm getting done , obviously it's a zombie show so it's hard to talk about " realistic "...but cmon ...Rick is a hardened F'ing killer ..he's had Negan alone 3 times now in 2 episodes and bowed down to him for what reason again ? Carol took out 15 wolves singlehandedly , your telling me with a damn arsenal in Alexandria that they just let Negan and his Happy Days looking out of shape slobs roll in knock on the door and enslave them ?? It's just beyond stupid at this point , I haven't missed an episode in 7 seasons but it's as bad as it's ever been . I agree with your point , this was most likely supposed to be a 2 to 2-1/2 season story line ....they should seriously consider wrapping it up in the 2nd half of season 7....Negan is the biggest television bust since Gerlado popped open Al Calpones vault .

Well, if you see one of my early rants in this thread, I'm fine with things not being realistic  Like you said, it's a story about a Zombie world.  Stupid is another thing...and TWD is quickly approaching stupid.  If I were the writers, I'd wrap it up ASAP because it's really just getting dumb at this point.  Like, I'm losing interest because the new characters they've introduced are dumb. It's shame that Negan is a bust because JDM is killing the role.  He's fantastic, it's just a stupid role that doesnt make any sense to me whatsoever. 

I dont follow the comics, so I'm not sure what happens with the Negan story arch.  Do they ever explain why he is the way he is?  Do they give a back story on him?  Or does it all just flow into how they defeat him?  I dont know.  Maybe there is nothing interesting in the comics after him.  Who knows?  Maybe everything start to make sense but I'll just say this, I'm the least interested I've been since the season they all were separated after the Governor attacked the prison and I dont think that's the intention of the writers. 

• Upvote 1