The Walking Dead

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey man , I'm married with two kids under the age of 5....not only do I watch it but I'm pretty sure it qualifies as a night out for me .

***** SPOILERS ***** Worst episode of the season. 1 hour and 15 minutes of driving an RV to road blocks and the same 4 commercials over-and-over... for what? So we can not even see the kill

Translation: T0m enjoyed the Eric / Aaron kiss.

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, JiF said:

Well, Rick is currently not playing any game other than bending over and taking it up the ass. 

That is why I am talking about the arm chair QBing.

A ton of people are saying I would not let that happen.  Really?  If you were a leader of a group and led a half assed attack that ended with two of your friends having their skulls literally crushed in front of you, you would not be a little apprehensive of striking at Negan when he is within your reach?  With the strong possibility you will risk more lives.  Even if Rick was inclined to attack and I do not think he is yet, Negan visiting early killed that advantage for now.

10 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Possible.  Maybe just Tourette's

Yeah, that seems like too much of a red herring.

13 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

That is why I am talking about the arm chair QBing.

A ton of people are saying I would not let that happen.  Really?  If you were a leader of a group and led a half assed attack that ended with two of your friends having their skulls literally crushed in front of you, you would not be a little apprehensive of striking at Negan when he is within your reach?  With the strong possibility you will risk more lives.  Even if Rick was inclined to attack and I do not think he is yet, Negan visiting early killed that advantage for now.

Yeah, that seems like too much of a red herring.

Do we know how soon after the Lucile night that visit took place?  I totally get the rationale and I'm not necessarily saying that Rick should be ready to retaliate.

I guess my point is, after everything this group has been through, now they're all of a sudden just going to bend over and take it?  Possibly letting Negan take his women as whore slaves?  I mean, which is worse? 

4 hours ago, Ben Had said:

That's interesting.  Seems as though they probably wouldnt let Darryl see the route they took but interesting though none the less. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, JiF said:

That's interesting.  Seems as though they probably wouldnt let Darryl see the route they took but interesting though none the less. 

In fairness, Daryl has all those ninja tracking skills, probably could tell just by being in the car.

• Upvote 1
On 11/18/2016 at 8:32 AM, JiF said:

Do we know how soon after the Lucile night that visit took place?  I totally get the rationale and I'm not necessarily saying that Rick should be ready to retaliate.

I guess my point is, after everything this group has been through, now they're all of a sudden just going to bend over and take it?  Possibly letting Negan take his women as whore slaves?  I mean, which is worse? 

It had to be within a few days.  Rick said something to that affect when Negan showed up and it only being a few days versus a week. 

I think that is the tipping point and probably pushes Rick from bending over to actually wanting to fight.

2 hours ago, gEYno said:

I disagree with the point that it is the worst episodes.  The Beth in an ATL Hospital with rapey cops were the worst episodes.  I agree this season has been meh after the first couple of episodes.  I have little hope for this half season as I do not expect much until about the last 15 minutes of the half season ending episode 8.  The Talking Dead showed a scene of Tara washed up on a shore and introduced two new girls.  I did not even remember she was on the show.

10 hours ago, gEYno said:

The whole episode just didnt make sense.  Why did Enid have to go to Hill Top?  Why does she have to climb the wall?  Why did Carl feel the need to crash the car while killing the 2 zombies that were so dramatic and troublesome?  Did they camp out on their way to the Hill Top because after the big Zombie at Hill Top scene, they cut to the 2 of them in broad day light just cruising down the street talking about how they would kill Negan?  Is the Hill Top so far away they wouldnt hear the music or see the smoke?  And no sh*t you'd kill Negan.  This isnt a conversation that needs to be had and who gives a **** about Carl and Enid?

The other thing about the whole Negan situation that makes no sense besides his entire existence is why are all these people not just joining him instead of being slaves?  I get they're producing sh*t for him and stuff..but cant they do that as part of the Saviors?  I mean, why not assimilate instead of being walked all over? It seems like it would save a lot of gas, resources and time to just take all these people to Negan Wonderland and have them doing what they do there.

And once again, for such bad asses, the Saviors are just all talk.  They already tried to have Gregory killed once, why not just kill him?  Especially now since you somehow know that he hired Rick's crew.  Instead they just take more sh*t?  Why havent they just taken all their sh*t?

It's all getting very confusing for me and it's feeling like one dramatic episode with a bunch of set up episodes for next season when hopefully all the worlds collide and we have freaking fight already.  

• Upvote 2
15 hours ago, JiF said:

The whole episode just didnt make sense.  Why did Enid have to go to Hill Top?  Why does she have to climb the wall?  Why did Carl feel the need to crash the car while killing the 2 zombies that were so dramatic and troublesome?  Did they camp out on their way to the Hill Top because after the big Zombie at Hill Top scene, they cut to the 2 of them in broad day light just cruising down the street talking about how they would kill Negan?  Is the Hill Top so far away they wouldnt hear the music or see the smoke?  And no sh*t you'd kill Negan.  This isnt a conversation that needs to be had and who gives a **** about Carl and Enid?

The other thing about the whole Negan situation that makes no sense besides his entire existence is why are all these people not just joining him instead of being slaves?  I get they're producing sh*t for him and stuff..but cant they do that as part of the Saviors?  I mean, why not assimilate instead of being walked all over? It seems like it would save a lot of gas, resources and time to just take all these people to Negan Wonderland and have them doing what they do there.

And once again, for such bad asses, the Saviors are just all talk.  They already tried to have Gregory killed once, why not just kill him?  Especially now since you somehow know that he hired Rick's crew.  Instead they just take more sh*t?  Why havent they just taken all their sh*t?

It's all getting very confusing for me and it's feeling like one dramatic episode with a bunch of set up episodes for next season when hopefully all the worlds collide and we have freaking fight already.  

It's rare that I give up on shows that I've followed for this long, so I probably will stick with this one until the end too.  But, had I not already invested 6 seasons, I don't think I'd watch another episode.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gEYno said:

It's rare that I give up on shows that I've followed for this long, so I probably will stick with this one until the end too.  But, had I not already invested 6 seasons, I don't think I'd watch another episode.

I'm with ya.  It's been really stupid since the opener.  I'm just hoping these have been set up episodes and it's going to get good again soon because nothing going on right now is interesting, at all. 

1 hour ago, JetPotato said:

I think it's called Little Pig

I guess.  Or little bitch.

20 hours ago, JiF said:

That is what I am thinking for at least the first half of this season.  I hope the second half starts the conflict and it rides through next season.

Carl and Enid - I totally agree.  Enid apparently has an attachment to Maggie.  That part I get, the puppy love...meh.

Negan Power Hierarchy - I get why he has it the way he has it.  One, that would be a lot of people in one place.  It is easier to have people spread out over several locations (satellite camps and Hilltop/Kingdom/Alexandria) versus one location with over crowding.  Plus, with the satellite camps, he has a bigger AOR and can keep a pulse on evertyhign some what better.  Two, it keeps a majority of 'his' communities not knowing where he lives.  Three, he killed people in order to prove he was not to be effed with.  Last, it is probably easier to control Gregory who appears to be all talk versus a potential real leader like Jesus or Maggie.  The same with Ezekiel.  Let him play King as long as he delivers.  Granted, he is trying to undermine them by poisoning their pigs. 

In the end, I think Negan is providing people a purpose (producing for him) and being led/bossed around (by employer/government) that is missing from their lives.

20 hours ago, PFSIKH said:

That is what I am thinking for at least the first half of this season.  I hope the second half starts the conflict and it rides through next season.

Carl and Enid - I totally agree.  Enid apparently has an attachment to Maggie.  That part I get, the puppy love...meh.

Negan Power Hierarchy - I get why he has it the way he has it.  One, that would be a lot of people in one place.  It is easier to have people spread out over several locations (satellite camps and Hilltop/Kingdom/Alexandria) versus one location with over crowding.  Plus, with the satellite camps, he has a bigger AOR and can keep a pulse on evertyhign some what better.  Two, it keeps a majority of 'his' communities not knowing where he lives.  Three, he killed people in order to prove he was not to be effed with.  Last, it is probably easier to control Gregory who appears to be all talk versus a potential real leader like Jesus or Maggie.  The same with Ezekiel.  Let him play King as long as he delivers.  Granted, he is trying to undermine them by poisoning their pigs. 

In the end, I think Negan is providing people a purpose (producing for him) and being led/bossed around (by employer/government) that is missing from their lives.

Well, I think they need to get closer to that conflict fast because we're not the only ones that are upset with the writing so far this year:

http://www.cinemablend.com/television/1588780/the-walking-deads-ratings-are-worse-than-theyve-ever-been

It really all comes back to what we've been saying here...none of it makes any sense.  As great as JDM has been as Negan, the character is just lame.  Maybe he worked in the comics...but so far on the show, it just doesnt.  I hope the writing and story gets better because I really like JDM as Negan.  It should be a great character but it's been an absolute flop so far.

On 11/23/2016 at 1:40 PM, JiF said:

Well, I think they need to get closer to that conflict fast because we're not the only ones that are upset with the writing so far this year:

http://www.cinemablend.com/television/1588780/the-walking-deads-ratings-are-worse-than-theyve-ever-been

It really all comes back to what we've been saying here...none of it makes any sense.  As great as JDM has been as Negan, the character is just lame.  Maybe he worked in the comics...but so far on the show, it just doesnt.  I hope the writing and story gets better because I really like JDM as Negan.  It should be a great character but it's been an absolute flop so far.

Another episode wasted on a side track instead of the main show. The Saviors and Negan are monsters-WE GET IT. GET TO THE POINT OF IT. 

11 hours ago, Bugg said:

Another episode wasted on a side track instead of the main show. The Saviors and Negan are monsters-WE GET IT. GET TO THE POINT OF IT. 

That is my biggest knock on this season.

The last five episodes could have been rolled into about two episodes.  They could have extended each episode 15 minutes or more, like SoA did in their last season, if need be to accommodate everything.

There was more to this episode for readers of the comic.  I am not, but I ran across an article while cruising my FB feed during a commercial break late in the show.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, gEYno said:

So, your "biggest knock" is that it's drawn out, not progressing, and generally boring?

Do we need to know about the Kingdom, Ezekiel, Morgan, Carol and the guy the Saviors beat up during the exchange seeing it looks like all are going to play a part in the war?  Yes.

Do we need to know about the Hilltop, it's leadership questions and how it relates to the future of Alexandria and the war?  Yes.

Do we need to know about Daryl, Dwight and how the Saviors operate?  Yes.

Do we need to see what happens to Alexandria when the Saviors arrive and take their tribute?  Yes.

Do we need to know about the Oceanside community?  TBD.

If Walking Dead went from Glen/Abraham's death to the War with Kingdom's poisoning of the pigs affecting Saviors, Maggie in charge of Hilltop, Dwight undermining Negan, Alexandria attacking Saviors without weapons, you would have been saying, "WTF.....why is (insert plot) this way?".

The show is progressing.  There are plot lines that need be sewn in order for them to make sense in future episodes. 

I am not sure what role Oceanside plays, outside of guns, seeing in the comic book they do not appear until well after the War.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, PFSIKH said:

Do we need to know about the Kingdom, Ezekiel, Morgan, Carol and the guy the Saviors beat up during the exchange seeing it looks like all are going to play a part in the war?  Yes.

Do we need to know about the Hilltop, it's leadership questions and how it relates to the future of Alexandria and the war?  Yes.

Do we need to know about Daryl, Dwight and how the Saviors operate?  Yes.

Do we need to see what happens to Alexandria when the Saviors arrive and take their tribute?  Yes.

Do we need to know about the Oceanside community?  TBD.

If Walking Dead went from Glen/Abraham's death to the War with Kingdom's poisoning of the pigs affecting Saviors, Maggie in charge of Hilltop, Dwight undermining Negan, Alexandria attacking Saviors without weapons, you would have been saying, "WTF.....why is (insert plot) this way?".

The show is progressing.  There are plot lines that need be sewn in order for them to make sense in future episodes. 

I am not sure what role Oceanside plays, outside of guns, seeing in the comic book they do not appear until well after the War.

Yes, but you need to mix your exposition with a reason to keep watching, and they are failing at that.  The proof is in the ratings and the reviews.  There has to be more than just hours and hours devoted to understanding what happens in 1 or two episodes.

TWD is definitely one of those shows that is in great debt to a little thing known as the DVR helping it to last as long as it has.  I would have given up on it a while ago, if nothing more than not caring enough to be bothered to pay attention when it's on.  But given that the episode is sitting there waiting for me, at a certain point I eventually just give in and watch the damn thing.  The show has been on a downward spiral for a while, and I think this whole season has sucked.  I didn't even get the praise the first episode got at all.  Nothing that was done surprised me even the slightest bit, and dragging everything on in the episode after months of the same made me not even care.  I can't be bothered to cancel a DVR recording, because that sounds like a lot of work, and it's already wasted enough of my time, so why not more?  But beyond that, it's pretty crappy these days.  Basically the only hope I have is one day they might finally kill off Carl, making it all worthwhile in the end, but I don't think we're that lucky.

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, gEYno said:

Yes, but you need to mix your exposition with a reason to keep watching, and they are failing at that.  The proof is in the ratings and the reviews.  There has to be more than just hours and hours devoted to understanding what happens in 1 or two episodes.

It is still the highest rated cable show in the 18-49 demographic........by a lot.  People are still watching it.

As far as the timing and delivery of the show, it is what it is.  Last year, they were able tie in different story lines together pretty well early, but had to fill in sometime at the end of season as it was clear the producers did not want to have the full comic 100 reveal until this season. 

Again, you are preaching to the choir.  The last five episodes should have been about 2-3.  I do not have a problem with the usable content/information provided so far as I believe it will tie into War with Negan.  It could have been delivered better. 

On 11/27/2016 at 9:50 PM, Bugg said:

On 11/28/2016 at 9:42 AM, gEYno said:

Come on guys... You all didn't want to spend an hour of your life on a character you forgot was even in the show, all to set up that said character now knows where to find guns?

I just dont get why the last 3 episodes couldnt have been combined into one.  I just dont understand why this show deprives their viewers of their favorite characters for episodes at a time.  You introduce this new big bad ass on the scene and he's been on the screen twice this season.  So strange. 

Whatever.  We've been here before.  This is going to be a set up season.  I'm expecting nothing the rest of the way that brings any type of drama.  Just straight, set up for next season and whatever that brings.

18 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

TWD is definitely one of those shows that is in great debt to a little thing known as the DVR helping it to last as long as it has.  I would have given up on it a while ago, if nothing more than not caring enough to be bothered to pay attention when it's on. 

Yup! This is so true. However I'd be lying if I didn't get a little excited to start a new episode every week. However...it's the anticipation that seems to be the best part. Around the half way mark of each episode I'm usually pausing it to see how much time is left because I'm a little bored. 

Actually TWD is sorta like a Jets game.

I'm also totally stumped how in the last two episodes all the sudden "THE ZOMBIES are so scary again". New writers/directors? I've rolled my eyes a few times. Like the Carl and Enid scene and the bridge. And how lame when the zombie was in the car. How'd it get in the car? There was nothing there until the sand hill got dumped and they came out. *Eyes roll.

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Yup! This is so true. However I'd be lying if I didn't get a little excited to start a new episode every week. However...it's the anticipation that seems to be the best part. Around the half way mark of each episode I'm usually pausing it to see how much time is left because I'm a little bored. 

I'm also totally stumped how in the last two episodes all the sudden "THE ZOMBIES are so scary again". New writers/directors? I've rolled my eyes a few times. Like the Carl and Enid scene and the bridge. And how lame when the zombie was in the car. How'd it get in the car? There was nothing there until the sand hill got dumped and they came out. *Eyes roll.

Very poor. spotty, choppy, doesnt make sense, type of writing this season.

Like I said, the night of the zombie invasion to the Hill Top...the next scene is Carl and Enid just strolling down the street in broad day light.

Why even go over the bridge?  Why not just wade through the water in the river to get to the other side?  lmfao

The writing has been piss poor this season.  

Side note; the one thing I've always said about the situation and if were in it and lived in land locked hell called Atlanta....I would immediately, start heading east to the ocean. Fish, fish and more fish...and the coast of Georgia and South Carolina are basically all islands.  Wouldnt that be the safest bet?  Think about the type of security you can have on an island.  In addition to all the natural resources.  

• Upvote 1
14 hours ago, PFSIKH said:

It is still the highest rated cable show in the 18-49 demographic........by a lot.  People are still watching it.

As far as the timing and delivery of the show, it is what it is.  Last year, they were able tie in different story lines together pretty well early, but had to fill in sometime at the end of season as it was clear the producers did not want to have the full comic 100 reveal until this season. 

Again, you are preaching to the choir.  The last five episodes should have been about 2-3.  I do not have a problem with the usable content/information provided so far as I believe it will tie into War with Negan.  It could have been delivered better. 

LOL... You are like the Bagdad Bob/Kellyann Conway of AMC...  There is no question people are still watching it, but the downward trend of the ratings is significant.  "It could have been delivered better" is downplaying the problem significantly.  It's fictional television, 'delivering it better' (or well) is literally their one and only job.

2 hours ago, HessStation said:

Full agreement here.  I think it's a Sunday night thing.  Baby's asleep, housework/dinner/etc is all done, last minutes of freedom before the workweek starts again, and it's an hour where I can just get into bed, turn it on, and not think about anything else.  Sucks that the quality has been disappointing, but Sunday nights are the best TV nights for my wife and I.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, JiF said:

Side note; the one thing I've always said about the situation and if were in it and lived in land locked hell called Atlanta....I would immediately, start heading east to the ocean. Fish, fish and more fish...and the coast of Georgia and South Carolina are basically all islands.  Wouldnt that be the safest bet?  Think about the type of security you can have on an island.  In addition to all the natural resources.  

I'd take your island, your guns, and your women while you were out catching gnarly rippers.

• Upvote 1

I've had a crush on Tara from the start so I was good with the last one. Leave it to me to like the gay chick smh...lol

That and the dvr or it really is pretty lame at this point

I imagine there will be some breakout of violence but they really need to end the Negan drama....doubt they will tho to keep everybody clinging to next season smh

1 hour ago, gEYno said:

I'd take your island, your guns, and your women while you were out catching gnarly rippers.

lmfao - you wouldnt get past my freaking sharks with freaking lazers on their heads. 

• Upvote 2