The Walking Dead

SenorGato

2 hours ago, gEYno said:

I'd take your island, your guns, and your women while you were out catching gnarly rippers.

I don't think so, in theory, for survival, I like it. You'd have weapons and rocket launchers. And You'd see anyone coming from a mile away. And no worries about zombies. 

My problem with this idea is you're basically giving up. Your search is essentially over and there's no room for expansion. That's what would probably, possibly sway me from the idea. Even if it's minuscule, there's still somewhere in the back of your mind hope for better things on land. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I don't think so, in theory, for survival, I like it. You'd have weapons and rocket launchers. And You'd see anyone coming from a mile away. And no worries about zombies. 

My problem with this idea is you're basically giving up. Your search is essentially over and there's no room for expansion. That's what would probably, possibly sway me from the idea. Even if it's minuscule, there's still somewhere in the back of your mind hope for better things on land. 

Or, you could build a ship and sail the seas to find civilization.  Clearly it seems much safer than cruising the backwood streets of Georgia. 

Just now, HessStation said:

Think about all the sharks and see life with no pollution and over fishing. Maybe even mermaids again. 

Sushi would taste sooooo good.  Plus, there are sooo many coastal plants that produce fruit.  It's a no brainer and everyone is stupid in this zombie lang. 

37 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

I've had a crush on Tara from the start so I was good with the last one. Leave it to me to like the gay chick smh...lol

That and the dvr or it really is pretty lame at this point

I imagine there will be some breakout of violence but they really need to end the Negan drama....doubt they will tho to keep everybody clinging to next season smh

There is nothing more unappealing, on earth, than watching that chick Tara run.

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Or, you could build a ship and sail the seas to find civilization.  Clearly it seems much safer than cruising the backwood streets of Georgia. 

Sushi would taste sooooo good.  Plus, there are sooo many coastal plants that produce fruit.  It's a no brainer and everyone is stupid in this zombie lang. 

I totally forgot about all the amazingly awesome yatchs that would be just lying around. Hmm, I would probably try this out for a while, given there were horny females in our group. 

3 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I would personally be all over Glenn's chick at this point. I'd have probably given Glenn a phantom push off a ledge by season 4 somewhere.

I hear ya.

Maybe they'll show her give birth to a zombie baby and get this show moving lol

42 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I totally forgot about all the amazingly awesome yatchs that would be just lying around. Hmm, I would probably try this out for a while, given there were horny females in our group. 

Exactly.  All the fishing gear, boats, yachts....**** the island.  Just kick it on the boat.  Even safer.  And all else fails, high rise condos.  

Rick is stupid.

8 hours ago, gEYno said:

LOL... You are like the Bagdad Bob/Kellyann Conway of AMC...  There is no question people are still watching it, but the downward trend of the ratings is significant.  "It could have been delivered better" is downplaying the problem significantly.  It's fictional television, 'delivering it better' (or well) is literally their one and only job.

Not really. 

The Walking Dead's viewership is down 8% from last year and 15% from its all-time high.  Yet, it had more viewers than the Cincy/Giants game it went up against.  MLB struggles to outdraw preseason football.  Yet, the Walking Dead had 200K more viewers than a team from the largest American TV market.  There is literally no cable drama that competes with it.  It is going head-to-head with the NFL and holding its own. 

As far as the production of the show, again, it is what it is.  As I have said on this thread before, it is not perfect.  Season 5 was a waste.  Yet, that is the most viewed season. 

8 hours ago, gEYno said:

LOL... You are like the Bagdad Bob/Kellyann Conway of AMC...  There is no question people are still watching it, but the downward trend of the ratings is significant.  "It could have been delivered better" is downplaying the problem significantly.  It's fictional television, 'delivering it better' (or well) is literally their one and only job.

Not really. 

The Walking Dead's viewership is down 8% from last year and 15% from its all-time high.  Yet, it had more viewers than the Cincy/Giants game it went up against.  MLB struggles to outdraw preseason football.  Yet, the Walking Dead had 200K more viewers than a team from the largest American TV market.  There is literally no cable drama that competes with it.  It is going head-to-head with the NFL and holding its own. 

As far as the production of the show, again, it is what it is.  As I have said on this thread before, it is not perfect.  Season 5 was a waste.  Yet, that is the most viewed season. 

So after 7 episodes Rick has been in basically 2, and carol 1....bad planning if you ask me , too much Negan ....I know some will disagree because I do think JDMs acting has been good but he was miscast ....image in this case matters for believability , AMC Negan is a 100 pound geek in skinny jeans , who somehow enslaved thousands of people including Ricks crew of hardened killers , without even a sweat . Comic book Negan was a physical freak , a huge monster , and a lot younger than JDM. I understand you don't always cast for image but in this case they should have , it just doesn't play as well on tv no matter how good JDMs acting has been . The whole season has been just a huge disappointment . Terrible , I have zero expectations for the finale .

9 hours ago, Jolot said:

So after 7 episodes Rick has been in basically 2, and carol 1....bad planning if you ask me , too much Negan ....I know some will disagree because I do think JDMs acting has been good but he was miscast ....image in this case matters for believability , AMC Negan is a 100 pound geek in skinny jeans , who somehow enslaved thousands of people including Ricks crew of hardened killers , without even a sweat . Comic book Negan was a physical freak , a huge monster , and a lot younger than JDM. I understand you don't always cast for image but in this case they should have , it just doesn't play as well on tv no matter how good JDMs acting has been . The whole season has been just a huge disappointment . Terrible , I have zero expectations for the finale .

I agree and disagree.

I agree the execution of the season has been bad.  The 7th episode should have been the template as far as length.  They could have consolidated the storylines (e.g. The Cell and Go Getters) into a 75-90 minutes episode.  They needed to set-up the different plot lines for the war.  They could have done it in about 2 episodes instead of 5 (2 thru 6).

As far as Negan, I liked the selection of JDM.  There are not too many 6'6 actors.  None of them probably have the acting chops to pull this off. I think the part is more about acting like a pyscho MFer than being a physical presence.   

10 hours ago, Jolot said:

Well said, he's killing the role...it's just a stupid character.  Maybe the comics do a better job of making sense of it...but the TV show he's just a flop.  It's just stupid. 

I mean, the sh*t they're trying to sell to us right now is ridiculous.  That whole Carl situation is some of the dumbest sh*t I've ever seen on TV.  He's hell bent on killing Negan, had him dead of right but didnt kill him?

lmfao - the shark has been jumped. 

5 hours ago, PFSIKH said:

I agree and disagree.

I agree the execution of the season has been bad.  The 7th episode should have been the template as far as length.  They could have consolidated the storylines (e.g. The Cell and Go Getters) into a 75-90 minutes episode.  They needed to set-up the different plot lines for the war.  They could have done it in about 2 episodes instead of 5 (2 thru 6).

As far as Negan, I liked the selection of JDM.  There are not too many 6'6 actors.  None of them probably have the acting chops to pull this off. I think the part is more about acting like a pyscho MFer than being a physical presence.   

This I agree with.  I really don't think John Cena would have been a good pick for the role, and you simply don't get too many guys that big.  That said, even big guys can take a bullet, so I'm not sure it matters.

4 hours ago, JiF said:

Well said, he's killing the role...it's just a stupid character.  Maybe the comics do a better job of making sense of it...but the TV show he's just a flop.  It's just stupid. 

I mean, the sh*t they're trying to sell to us right now is ridiculous.  That whole Carl situation is some of the dumbest sh*t I've ever seen on TV.  He's hell bent on killing Negan, had him dead of right but didnt kill him?

Honestly, this last episode was better, but yeah, still a problem as far as plot.

1) Either Carl assumed no Saviors have guns, or he assumed he wasn't getting out of there alive.  So, why didn't he shoot Negan immediately?  Or, why did he think he could just show up and demand to see him because he had a gun?

2) Why would Negan give a guy who's threatened to kill him just moments before, a barbed wire baseball bat when no one else is around?  He's stated he believes Carl is a badass and dangerous, etc.

3) Why wouldn't Carl use that barbed wire baseball bat when no one else is around?  I get that Carl is a kid, and smaller, but one shot with that bat should be enough to stun Negan for a 2nd shot, which should be able to get a 3rd, and you get my point.  Negan had his back to him plenty, so why in the 2nd half of the episode, was he no longer interested in killing him?

4) The Judith situation - a) Carl had the bat at that point, and the moment he finds Judith, he absolutely must take his shot.  b ) Is Negan that arrogant that he thinks he can mess with Judith and Rick will remain subservient? Even if she's not really his daughter, he's accepted her as such.  c) Will Rick really allow Negan to touch his child, without being immediately willing to die along with everyone else for her?

1 minute ago, gEYno said:

Honestly, this last episode was better, but yeah, still a problem as far as plot.

1) Either Carl assumed no Saviors have guns, or he assumed he wasn't getting out of there alive.  So, why didn't he shoot Negan immediately?  Or, why did he think he could just show up and demand to see him because he had a gun?

2) Why would Negan give a guy who's threatened to kill him just moments before, a barbed wire baseball bat when no one else is around?  He's stated he believes Carl is a badass and dangerous, etc.

3) Why wouldn't Carl use that barbed wire baseball bat when no one else is around?  I get that Carl is a kid, and smaller, but one shot with that bat should be enough to stun Negan for a 2nd shot, which should be able to get a 3rd, and you get my point.  Negan had his back to him plenty, so why in the 2nd half of the episode, was he no longer interested in killing him?

4) The Judith situation - a) Carl had the bat at that point, and the moment he finds Judith, he absolutely must take his shot.  b ) Is Negan that arrogant that he thinks he can mess with Judith and Rick will remain subservient? Even if she's not really his daughter, he's accepted her as such.  c) Will Rick really allow Negan to touch his child, without being immediately willing to die along with everyone else for her?

Everything you're saying is my entire point about this story arch.  People just sit around watching him iron some dudes face because he decided to have sex with his wife that Negan has enslaved?  Really?  Not one person is willing to die to take him out at the same time?  The guy who just tried to take on an entire crew wont take a shot when they're alone?  Nobody ever tried to snipe him out or shoot him from a distance when he leaves his compound? 

That's the biggest gripe I have with the whole situation.  Somewhere, sometime, someone had to think **** this...I may die and so will people I love but **** it.  We'll be martyred for the sacrifice. 

Oh well.  I did think Sunday night was much better...but it's just all kind of silly to me right now even though I think JDM is killing it. 

And what is Michone going to do?  Take them all on her own with hand gun and sword.

Rosita just made one bullet?

Lmfao - this stuff is ridiculous as you talk it out. 

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

Everything you're saying is my entire point about this story arch.  People just sit around watching him iron some dudes face because he decided to have sex with his wife that Negan has enslaved?  Really?  Not one person is willing to die to take him out at the same time?  The guy who just tried to take on an entire crew wont take a shot when they're alone?  Nobody ever tried to snipe him out or shoot him from a distance when he leaves his compound? 

That's the biggest gripe I have with the whole situation.  Somewhere, sometime, someone had to think **** this...I may die and so will people I love but **** it.  We'll be martyred for the sacrifice. 

Oh well.  I did think Sunday night was much better...but it's just all kind of silly to me right now even though I think JDM is killing it. 

And what is Michone going to do?  Take them all on her own with hand gun and sword.

That's another one I didn't think of.  I would kill Negan to free my wife, even if it meant my death.  Let alone my child.

Like honestly, Rick comes home and Judith is in Negan's hands, the second I'm close to him, I'm good with dying.

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

I understand your frustration  but it's a TV show, they have to draw it out.  What killed me was Rick and co had a freaking arsenal and still managed to get caught and conquered. 

4 minutes ago, gEYno said:

That's another one I didn't think of.  I would kill Negan to free my wife, even if it meant my death.  Let alone my child.

Like honestly, Rick comes home and Judith is in Negan's hands, the second I'm close to him, I'm good with dying.

Exactly.  

2 minutes ago, rillo said:

I understand your frustration  but it's a TV show, they have to draw it out.  What killed me was Rick and co had a freaking arsenal and still managed to get caught and conquered. 

I know.  I even lectured everyone on that a few pages back.  haha  I think its just because they built this character up so much that I'm just disappointed by how its played out. There is just some silly sh*t going.

5 minutes ago, rillo said:

Drawing it out is one thing... But, the fact that there are enormous plot/logic holes is the real problem.

12 hours ago, JiF said:

Seriously.  It was a few minutes into the episode and I already hated it considering how mind-numbingly stupid it was to have Carl show up for one reason and then just... not even try to do that.  This has a problem all season, even if an episode does eventually have something interesting in it an hour in, I'm already annoyed by the time it gets to that point, so it means nothing to me, which is why I even gave zero sh*ts about what happened in the season premier, despite the praise of most others.

18 hours ago, gEYno said:

1)  Or he is a teenager whose brain is like 11% formed.  Teens do not think things through rationally. 

2)  If you sit there and allow yourself to be struck, then the bat can do damage.  Do you honestly think Negan did not keep an eye on Carl and just dropped his guard?

3)  Have you ever swung a bat?  This is not a knife or gun were you can 'deploy' in a blink of an eye.  Not that you cannot do something with a bat you are holding at your wside, but the reaction time is in favor of the 'victim' more so than the 'attacker'.

4)  I think this point is a little more valid.  There is going to be a tipping point for Rick.  I think Negan is going to Alexandria to kill someone for Carl's action.  It might be that woman that was watching Judith.  He might also rape her.  I think the last scene will be similar to the last scene before Terminus and that the Ricktator comes back and he says something to the effect of "Negan is fling with the wrong people". 

17 hours ago, JiF said:

Some of it is ridiculous.  Rosita.  The Michonne thing I think you are making an assumption that she would be on a suicide charge, but my guess is she would kill the woman close the factory or whatever it is.

Why didn't someone try to kill any (insert a dictator name here) that lasted for decades?  He rules through fear.  I am sure whether it is this show or a real life situation someone did think what you speculated.  However, there is a difference between thinking and executing.  Would you do it if you knew your family might be killed?  It is easy to say you will martyr yourself, but it is another thing to do when their are ramifications.

17 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

1)  Or he is a teenager whose brain is like 11% formed.  Teens do not think things through rationally. 

2)  If you sit there and allow yourself to be struck, then the bat can do damage.  Do you honestly think Negan did not keep an eye on Carl and just dropped his guard?

3)  Have you ever swung a bat?  This is not a knife or gun were you can 'deploy' in a blink of an eye.  Not that you cannot do something with a bat you are holding at your wside, but the reaction time is in favor of the 'victim' more so than the 'attacker'.

4)  I think this point is a little more valid.  There is going to be a tipping point for Rick.  I think Negan is going to Alexandria to kill someone for Carl's action.  It might be that woman that was watching Judith.  He might also rape her.  I think the last scene will be similar to the last scene before Terminus and that the Ricktator comes back and he says something to the effect of "Negan is fling with the wrong people". 

Some of it is ridiculous.  Rosita.  The Michonne thing I think you are making an assumption that she would be on a suicide charge, but my guess is she would kill the woman close the factory or whatever it is.

Why didn't someone try to kill any (insert a dictator name here) that lasted for decades?  He rules through fear.  I am sure whether it is this show or a real life situation someone did think what you speculated.  However, there is a difference between thinking and executing.  Would you do it if you knew your family might be killed?  It is easy to say you will martyr yourself, but it is another thing to do when their are ramifications.

Baghdad Bob is at it again!

1) Even if we accept the premise that teens do not think things through, then you need to sell the premise that Carl's impulsivity put him on the truck, had him trick Jesus into jumping first (pretty calculated), kill two guys, and then the very moment he sees the person he is looking for, he's no longer impulsive at all.  

2 and 3)  There were plenty of times when Negan was addressing others, with Carl behind him with a the bat.  I realize it's not a knife or a gun, but there were many opportunities, and again, under your premise, we need to accept that Carl's not thinking clearly only long enough to get himself into trouble, but then never again for one moment to complete the stated goal he got in the truck for.

As for killing a dictator in real life, I made this point before... The real life dictators are behind their armies, not in front of them.  They don't open themselves up to the opportunistic like Negan does.  You wouldn't see a real life dictator banging at the gates when he can't even see what's behind them.

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 9:34 AM, JiF said:

That whole Carl situation is some of the dumbest sh*t I've ever seen on TV.  He's hell bent on killing Negan, had him dead of right but didnt kill him?

I believe I would get some perverse pleasure if Carl got eaten by walkers.  Just sayin'. 

9 hours ago, gEYno said:

Baghdad Bob is at it again!

1) Even if we accept the premise that teens do not think things through, then you need to sell the premise that Carl's impulsivity put him on the truck, had him trick Jesus into jumping first (pretty calculated), kill two guys, and then the very moment he sees the person he is looking for, he's no longer impulsive at all.  

2 and 3)  There were plenty of times when Negan was addressing others, with Carl behind him with a the bat.  I realize it's not a knife or a gun, but there were many opportunities, and again, under your premise, we need to accept that Carl's not thinking clearly only long enough to get himself into trouble, but then never again for one moment to complete the stated goal he got in the truck for.

As for killing a dictator in real life, I made this point before... The real life dictators are behind their armies, not in front of them.  They don't open themselves up to the opportunistic like Negan does.  You wouldn't see a real life dictator banging at the gates when he can't even see what's behind them.

I was making this point in an office  debate the other day and someone brought up a good counter.  People are stupid.  

We actually have seen people follow leaders in a more of a cult type of fashion. David Koresh, Charles Manson, those mass suicides groups, weird religions.

It was a good point I thought.  People are stupid. 

1 hour ago, JiF said:

I was making this point in an office  debate the other day and someone brought up a good counter.  People are stupid.  

We actually have seen people follow leaders in a more of a cult type of fashion. David Koresh, Charles Manson, those mass suicides groups, weird religions.

It was a good point I thought.  People are stupid. 

No question, but the majority of the people who end up in those situations went there looking for something.  The cult doesn't show up at the local church and say, all of you belong to us now.

I get people following Negan.  He offers resources and security.  I don't get Negan's Manifest Destiny, with him at the front lines, having a 100% success rate.

Archived