The Walking Dead

SenorGato

16 minutes ago, JiF said:

Yeah, I found that weird.  But I get it after they talked about how one of the might die in the fight...he just wanted to enjoy their time together.  

And am I crazy but when he was giving her the "this is about the future" speech - did he forget to mention Carl? 

If he's expecting his death, then I'd think spending time with his kids would matter.

The whole kids thing is problematic.  At times, they're super important, at times they're irrelevant.  I mean, I get it, it's hard to be a father and be Rick, but things like hanging out a couple extra days near the Zombie County Fare just don't really hold up.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, gEYno said:

If he's expecting his death, then I'd think spending time with his kids would matter.

The whole kids thing is problematic.  At times, they're super important, at times they're irrelevant.  I mean, I get it, it's hard to be a father and be Rick, but things like hanging out a couple extra days near the Zombie County Fare just don't really hold up.

Agreed.  I thought it was weird too...I'm just saying I get why after their conversation.  

That said, I'm excited to see what kind of back story/update we get from the Kingdom and the return of bad ass Carol and how they deal with Oceanside. 

The CGI took a major step backwards. The junkyard scene, which btw how is it that enormous and nearby yet never found by Negan's army? The explosion on the highway. Even Rick and Mushonne's campfires were incredibly fake. And I'm sorry I have noticed the same walker in just about every single episode. This show had major potential. There are so many things they could've delved into. Not for nothing the walkers have become so passive and harmless you have to figure they could easily start building things to try and communicate with the world. Hell there could be a worldwide cure and these schmucks are worried about Negan???!!!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

6 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

The CGI took a major step backwards. The junkyard scene, which btw how is it that enormous and nearby yet never found by Negan's army? The explosion on the highway. Even Rick and Mushonne's campfires were incredibly fake. And I'm sorry I have noticed the same walker in just about every single episode. This show had major potential. There are so many things they could've delved into. Not for nothing the walkers have become so passive and harmless you have to figure they could easily start building things to try and communicate with the world. Hell there could be a worldwide cure and these schmucks are worried about Negan???!!!?!?

I think that has been one of the biggest inconsistencies.

If I remember correctly, season 1 the Walkers would practically run after people.

I am going to call it.  Sasha and Rosita are going to die this season.  If for no other reason, Rosita is off the hinges and Sasha is a main character in the new Star Trek.

3 hours ago, SwanseaJack said:

It's absolutely tedious.

So far in this part of the season, nothing of note has happened. Certainly nothing that couldn't have been done in about 1/3 of the time.

How anyone can watch these shows without a DVR is beyond me. The time slot is longer but the actual show may actually be less time. There's commercials for up to 5 fukn minutes at times, and tons of breaks for them.

That's insanity to watch live

All the quirky groups, odd speech patterns, Eziekel and his tiger, the lesbian flock of doos residing in a garbage dump, the Oceanside general weirdness, Negan walking around in southern heat in a leather jacket and by design disabling his shooting hand with a bat-why would getting so silly be helpful in this mess? 

Last week's Eugene episode did tell us a bit about him and the Saviors, it advanced the story.  But so much of what this show does does no such thing. Simply the producers have AMC(owned by one James Dolan of MSG fame!)  by the balls and are gonna milk this run and the spinoff shows for as long as they can.

The Mrs. loves this and watches the "Talking .." postgame. Consists on the cast and a lot of D list celebrities saying how much they love the show. 

7 hours ago, JohnJ said:

How anyone can watch these shows without a DVR is beyond me. The time slot is longer but the actual show may actually be less time. There's commercials for up to 5 fukn minutes at times, and tons of breaks for them.

That's insanity to watch live

It used to be one of the few things we'd look forward to and watch "live". We went away to Italy in 2015 and even made sure we were in our room to watch the mid season finale.

Now, it can be days before we can be bothered to watch it.

Its always such a pity when all these great shows don't have a planned and clear ending in sight. Dexter was probably one of the worst endings to anything ever 

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 9:02 AM, JiF said:

Yeah, I found that weird.  But I get it after they talked about how one of the might die in the fight...he just wanted to enjoy their time together.  

And am I crazy but when he was giving her the "this is about the future" speech - did he forget to mention Carl? 

Even Rick can't stand that little bastard.   

Well, pretty predictable but I like it.

Carol was always going to be the one to convince the King to fight.  I mean, she didnt really need to at that point but you knew she'd be the one to spark the 2 communities in uniting to fight the Saviors.

Morgan going bat sh*t was kind of awesome and him going Rick on the one dude from the Kingdom was kind of amazing.  I'm interested in Rosita, Sasha and Morgan all seem to be going rogue.  That could be an interesting story within an story.

I like where this going.

Carol was always going to be the one to convince the King to fight.  I mean, she didnt really need to at that point but you knew she'd be the one to spark the 2 communities in uniting to fight the Saviors.
Morgan going bat sh*t was kind of awesome and him going Rick on the one dude from the Kingdom was kind of amazing.  I'm interested in Rosita, Sasha and Morgan all seem to be going rogue.  That could be an interesting story within an story.
I like where this going.

Agreed. I was impressed by the episode considering this season seemed to stagnate a bit. I was expecting at least two more episodes before Carol and Morgan came around so that was a welcomed surprise-- especially considering how Morgan was pushed into it.

Like it or not, the show's writers have a formula and they're sticking to it. I don't mind the meandering episodes-- they don't make for riveting television, the arc of a season seems to mimic life in this kind of world.

The King is still a bit much. That's asking a LOT of an audience.

On 3/14/2017 at 10:06 AM, the Claw said:

Agreed. I was impressed by the episode considering this season seemed to stagnate a bit. I was expecting at least two more episodes before Carol and Morgan came around so that was a welcomed surprise-- especially considering how Morgan was pushed into it.

Like it or not, the show's writers have a formula and they're sticking to it. I don't mind the meandering episodes-- they don't make for riveting television, the arc of a season seems to mimic life in this kind of world.

The King is still a bit much. That's asking a LOT of an audience.

I agree, but I would not say they have a formula other than they were not going to start the war until next season.

On 3/14/2017 at 8:16 AM, JiF said:

I like where this going.

Richard's plan was so predictable.  My wife asked who was shot and I thought it was obvious.  The kid.  You knew he was going to die.

9 hours ago, Maxman said:

The next two episodes should be really good.

Attacking Negan had to be a sniper shot. No way you are entering the compound and taking him out.

Right before Negan walks in, he's away from the Dr. and Eugene.  He was blocked by a random Savior.  You take the at the Savior, with a gun that powerful, it almost certainly would kill both of them.  At least wound (at worst, stun) Negan enough for you to get a 2nd shot.

Obviously, that wasn't going to be the end of Negan, but sure could have been.

Also, why not kill Eugene?  As I said before, he's a full fledged Savior at this point.  A valuable one, at that.

So after months of doing nothing Sasha and Rosita had to kill Negan that specific day ? Was there a clock running out we don't know about ? So Negan went back inside the compound , so why couldn't they just sleep in the tower they were in , wait it out and take him out with a sniper shot the next day ? Or the day after ? They just had to storm the compound that night ? Bad episode imo ...to dedicate a whole hour at this point on 2 fringe characters nobody cares about is terrible ....

14 hours ago, gEYno said:

Right before Negan walks in, he's away from the Dr. and Eugene.  He was blocked by a random Savior.  You take the at the Savior, with a gun that powerful, it almost certainly would kill both of them.  At least wound (at worst, stun) Negan enough for you to get a 2nd shot.

Also, why not kill Eugene?  As I said before, he's a full fledged Savior at this point.  A valuable one, at that.

I think it will turn out that Eugene knows the only way to take Negan out is to stay undercover for awhile ...it was the smart move, leaving with those 2 idiots at that point was suicide. 

13 minutes ago, Jolot said:

So after months of doing nothing Sasha and Rosita had to kill Negan that specific day ? Was there a clock running out we don't know about ? So Negan went back inside the compound , so why couldn't they just sleep in the tower they were in , wait it out and take him out with a sniper shot the next day ? Or the day after ? They just had to storm the compound that night ? Bad episode imo ...to dedicate a whole hour at this point on 2 fringe characters nobody cares about is terrible ....

Seriously. The girl says she is a great sniper but has no patience. They weren't even looking out the window half the time. I want my sniper locked and loaded, pissing in their pants and not moving dammit.

6 hours ago, Maxman said:

Seriously. The girl says she is a great sniper but has no patience. They weren't even looking out the window half the time. I want my sniper locked and loaded, pissing in their pants and not moving dammit.

Agreed! If the mission was so urgent wouldn't you be spending every moment looking out that window, or at least have 1 person on lookout?

Also you never ever stick your rifle out the window where it can be seen...not speaking from experience lol. 

10 hours ago, Jolot said:

I was just as confused about this part...the only thing I could think of was the Maggie finding out about the situation, so they figured they needed to do this fast before someone tried to stop them.  

The one thing that I cant stop questing is why did Abraham's death have such an impact on Sasha that's lasting this long but she got over Tyrese and Bob.  Like no biggie, the world sucks but then she gets all no the world is great and I'm not going to commit suicide but now I am because there is a point? WTF? haha

Very strange stuff. 

If you listen to what Eugene says over the walkie talkie, he mentions searching the surrounding buildings for scrap. They were going to be discovered pretty quickly if they stayed put. That being said their hasty approach to this whole thing seems forced. I guess they need someone to get caught and punished next episode, so Sasha is as good as anyone.

Agreed, though, it was a disappointing episode. Sasha and Rosita are two of my least favorite characters on the show, so to spend a whole episode on their emotions when we're so close to the season finale is frustrating.

18 hours ago, Fishooked said:

Agreed! If the mission was so urgent wouldn't you be spending every moment looking out that window, or at least have 1 person on lookout?

Also you never ever stick your rifle out the window where it can be seen...not speaking from experience lol. 

LOL!!!

4 hours ago, SwanseaJack said:

How long has Maggie been pregnant for and why isn't she showing at all?

Absolute BS programme at the moment for so many reasons!!

I do not think too much time has elapsed from the start of season 6 when Alexandria started herding that huge group of walkers away to the reveal/fake glen death to real Glenn death to now.  My SWAG is two months.

On 3/21/2017 at 9:08 AM, JiF said:

I was just as confused about this part...the only thing I could think of was the Maggie finding out about the situation, so they figured they needed to do this fast before someone tried to stop them.  

The one thing that I cant stop questing is why did Abraham's death have such an impact on Sasha that's lasting this long but she got over Tyrese and Bob.  Like no biggie, the world sucks but then she gets all no the world is great and I'm not going to commit suicide but now I am because there is a point? WTF? haha

Very strange stuff. 

Yeah, it is not the best thought out storyline.

On 3/20/2017 at 8:47 AM, gEYno said:

Plus if you kill him there, you sow chaos and don't have to fight your way into the savior compound.You would only be killing another savior anyway.Did an outsider kill him or was it an inside job?  And entirely plausible some people in there like the wives aren't in love with him anyway. So the alternative is going inside and probably getting nowhere close to him? Makes no sense. 

11 hours ago, Green DNA said:

Apparently quite a while.  I still have multiple mods pestering me for a date after that drunken lounge incident. 

For the record @faba is no longer a mod. Please adjust the lawsuit accordingly, JN is not responsible for his actions any longer.

So if you are still watching this disaster; raping the woman who would kill Negan is worse than actually trying to kill Negan. And we don't see her capture; why would they not kill an armed woman on a suicide mission?We don't because IT MAKES NO SENSE TO LET HER LIVE.  And Negan is going to try to convert her and give her a big knife. And apparently despite being someone who tried to kill Negan, there is no guard on her door. 

At this point the producers are going to string this out for 20+ seasons if they can. 

14 hours ago, Bugg said:

So if you are still watching this disaster; raping the woman who would kill Negan is worse than actually trying to kill Negan. And we don't see her capture; why would they not kill an armed woman on a suicide mission?We don't because IT MAKES NO SENSE TO LET HER LIVE.  And Negan is going to try to convert her and give her a big knife. And apparently despite being someone who tried to kill Negan, there is no guard on her door. 

At this point the producers are going to string this out for 20+ seasons if they can. 

Not to mention how horribly the Oceanside thing went down , a few episodes ago Tara basically stepped on a branch and 30 women organized a firing squad in seconds , this episode Rick and company show up, held conversations , talked about the meaning of life while they planted dynamite...set off the dynamite , and strolled into Oceanside and disarmed those same women without a shot fired ...ok makes sense ....the season is a disaster , anyone expecting the finale to be worth the wait isn't paying attention: 

Archived