Jump to content

The Walking Dead


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey man , I'm married with two kids under the age of 5....not only do I watch it but I'm pretty sure it qualifies as a night out for me .

***** SPOILERS ***** Worst episode of the season. 1 hour and 15 minutes of driving an RV to road blocks and the same 4 commercials over-and-over... for what? So we can not even see the kill

Translation: T0m enjoyed the Eric / Aaron kiss.

Posted Images

Here is my issue: I came late to the show, this is actually the first season I'm watching as it happens after catching up on Netflix. But i remember in the earlier seasons of the show were airing, sitting on the couch on a Sunday night and watching Twitter explode with holy shit moments from the show. Now I couldn't tell you what those moments were or what season or when, I just have the recollection of seeing my entire timeline tweeting about what had happened on the show while I was watching Sunday Night Football. 

I don't feel like I've gotten any of those moments this season outside of the first episode when they revealed who Negan had killed. It's my own fault for not watching the show starting from the beginning, but I feel let down. I know shows go through up and down periods. But having watching all the episodes leading up to season 7 over last summer, it just seems like a lot of filler and no more "oh shit" moments

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, JoeC36 said:

Here is my issue: I came late to the show, this is actually the first season I'm watching as it happens after catching up on Netflix. But i remember in the earlier seasons of the show were airing, sitting on the couch on a Sunday night and watching Twitter explode with holy sh*t moments from the show. Now I couldn't tell you what those moments were or what season or when, I just have the recollection of seeing my entire timeline tweeting about what had happened on the show while I was watching Sunday Night Football. 

I don't feel like I've gotten any of those moments this season outside of the first episode when they revealed who Negan had killed. It's my own fault for not watching the show starting from the beginning, but I feel let down. I know shows go through up and down periods. But having watching all the episodes leading up to season 7 over last summer, it just seems like a lot of filler and no more "oh sh*t" moments

I dont know.  I out right hated this show when it started because it was hours and hours of feelings with very little action.  I really dont think they've slowed down per say.  This has been the formula basically since Shane died.  Slow build up to eventual huge episode of craziness.  Granted, they're not killing people off significance like they used to but I think that's has more to do with the build up to the war rather than anything else.  I mean, they did take out 2 fan favorites to start the season. 

I get the frustration of many in the thread.  There are a ton of silly moments but I just keep going back to, it's a ******* Zombie show.  Who cares if it's not perfect.  I for one am enjoying the ride this season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JiF said:

I dont know.  I out right hated this show when it started because it was hours and hours of feelings with very little action.  I really dont think they've slowed down per say.  This has been the formula basically since Shane died.  Slow build up to eventual huge episode of craziness.  Granted, they're not killing people off significance like they used to but I think that's has more to do with the build up to the war rather than anything else.  I mean, they did take out 2 fan favorites to start the season. 

I get the frustration of many in the thread.  There are a ton of silly moments but I just keep going back to, it's a ******* Zombie show.  Who cares if it's not perfect.  I for one am enjoying the ride this season. 

oh absolutely, i agree. it's a show about zombies, so a lot of stuff gets let go. I'm not giving up and you can look in this thread, i really havent bitched and moaned because I have enjoyed a majority of the season more than say Season 6 or even a majority of season 5 and while I understand what they're getting at and building throughout the season, it's left me wanting more. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/15/2016 at 9:48 AM, JiF said:

I guess I consider winning every interaction, dominating.  Whatevs. 

You're idea works if you're saying they need to join forces.  Otherwise, its a suicide mission.  

My idea is now that you know their path/road they take, set up some type of diversion on the road and ambush them.  It's would be pretty easy, actually. They take weapons and supplies and then they can start working toward a bigger plan.

You win the battles, to win the war.  

Boom!  Where is that Cheatriot fan telling me I was wrong? @PFSIKH

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JoeC36 said:

oh absolutely, i agree. it's a show about zombies, so a lot of stuff gets let go. I'm not giving up and you can look in this thread, i really havent bitched and moaned because I have enjoyed a majority of the season more than say Season 6 or even a majority of season 5 and while I understand what they're getting at and building throughout the season, it's left me wanting more. 

Dont get me wrong...there has been some stupid sh*t and some silly episodes but all in all, I've felt like everyone of them was moving the story along and had some form of mild entertainment to them.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JoeC36 said:

Here is my issue: I came late to the show, this is actually the first season I'm watching as it happens after catching up on Netflix. But i remember in the earlier seasons of the show were airing, sitting on the couch on a Sunday night and watching Twitter explode with holy shit moments from the show. Now I couldn't tell you what those moments were or what season or when, I just have the recollection of seeing my entire timeline tweeting about what had happened on the show while I was watching Sunday Night Football. 

I don't feel like I've gotten any of those moments this season outside of the first episode when they revealed who Negan had killed. It's my own fault for not watching the show starting from the beginning, but I feel let down. I know shows go through up and down periods. But having watching all the episodes leading up to season 7 over last summer, it just seems like a lot of filler and no more "oh shit" moments

You shouldn't watch TV while on Twitter. That is the real take away here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

You shouldn't watch TV while on Twitter. That is the real take away here.

It takes a special show to keep me from doing multiple other things while watching tv. A week 4 SNF matchup between the Jaguars and Titans doesn't do it for me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JiF said:

Dont get me wrong...there has been some stupid sh*t and some silly episodes but all in all, I've felt like everyone of them was moving the story along and had some form of mild entertainment to them.  

I liked last night. I wish they would have started the full on build up to war a bit earlier. Last night was fun, then it is over never week. I could have used less of some of the back stories and more of some dynamite lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, JiF said:

Boom!  Where is that Cheatriot fan telling me I was wrong? @PFSIKH

Calm your t!ts @JiF

I did not say it was impossible to ambush them or anyone.  There are a lot of factors that you need to be reasonably sure of to do one.  Like, you know Simon's crew  is going to be going down that road at a particular time.  Maybe, Dwight or Jesus has an idea.  Or maybe it is Hollywood.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, JiF said:

I dont know.  I out right hated this show when it started because it was hours and hours of feelings with very little action.  I really dont think they've slowed down per say.  This has been the formula basically since Shane died.  Slow build up to eventual huge episode of craziness.  Granted, they're not killing people off significance like they used to but I think that's has more to do with the build up to the war rather than anything else.  I mean, they did take out 2 fan favorites to start the season. 

I get the frustration of many in the thread.  There are a ton of silly moments but I just keep going back to, it's a ******* Zombie show.  Who cares if it's not perfect.  I for one am enjoying the ride this season. 

The only way I can get through this post seriously is by using Spicoli voice over and adding a bunch of "like(s)..." when I read it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Maxman said:

I liked last night. I wish they would have started the full on build up to war a bit earlier. Last night was fun, then it is over never week. I could have used less of some of the back stories and more of some dynamite lol.

Sure.  I assume the next episode is going to be gnarly.  I'm looking forward to it.  I feel like it will be incomplete with a typical Walking Dead cliff hanger which could make the following season a little more action packed.  I would imagine the "war" will go on for a few episodes if not entire first half of next season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, HessStation said:

The only way I can get through this post seriously is by using Spicoli voice over and adding a bunch of "like(s)..." when I read it. 

To each their own.  I'm sorry you're not enjoying it.  I think it's fun and I'm excited to see what's next. 

My suggestion for you is to stop watching the show.  It seems as if this show provides you with a bunch of unnecessary stress.  Max had to delete one of your posts.  You're getting that worked up over a T.V. show?  I'm not sure that's healthy. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JiF said:

To each their own.  I'm sorry you're not enjoying it.  I think it's fun and I'm excited to see what's next. 

My suggestion for you is to stop watching the show.  It seems as if this show provides you with a bunch of unnecessary stress.  Max had to delete one of your posts.  You're getting that worked up over a T.V. show?  I'm not sure that's healthy. 

It's a big dilemma for me JiF. I'm already invested tho. I wonder that if I couldn't breeze through the first 5 seasons on Netflix if I'd of felt this way the whole time. I'm currently at a viewing crossroads in that, I am still curious enough to want to know what will happen. But the show sucks now. Just because there's a science fiction aspect doesn't mean a story line can do whatever it wants and I'm just suppose to suspend disbelief on every single common sense life rule.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, HessStation said:

It's a big dilemma for me JiF. I'm already invested tho. I wonder that if I couldn't breeze through the first 5 seasons on Netflix if I'd of felt this way the whole time. I'm currently at a viewing crossroads in that, I am still curious enough to want to know what will happen. But the show sucks now. Just because there's a science fiction aspect doesn't mean a story line can do whatever it wants and I'm just suppose to suspend disbelief on every single common sense life rule.  

I felt this way about Dexter. The first four seasons were great TV IMO, after that it sucked, but i had to stick it out for the last three seasons to see what happened because I had already invested so much time into it

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HessStation said:

It's a big dilemma for me JiF. I'm already invested tho. I wonder that if I couldn't breeze through the first 5 seasons on Netflix if I'd of felt this way the whole time. I'm currently at a viewing crossroads in that, I am still curious enough to want to know what will happen. But the show sucks now. Just because there's a science fiction aspect doesn't mean a story line can do whatever it wants and I'm just suppose to suspend disbelief on every single common sense life rule.  

Meh, these holes have been there the whole time.

And dont know you know what will happen?  Isnt it more about how?  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JiF said:

Meh, these holes have been there the whole time.

And dont know you know what will happen?  Isnt it more about how?  

 

Not really, it was never perfect but the holes are now completely ridiculous, and that's the problem. The writing has gotten worst...plus the plots and the acting. It's pretty much a total sh*tshow/disaster. And no, just because it's the zombie apocalyse doesn't mean I have to forfeit my expectations that the show can and should still make some kind of reasonable sense. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/29/2017 at 10:05 AM, JoeC36 said:

I felt this way about Dexter. The first four seasons were great TV IMO, after that it sucked, but i had to stick it out for the last three seasons to see what happened because I had already invested so much time into it

I didn't see the ending, but my understanding was that after John Lithgow delivered that magnum opus of a performance, the show just never was the same.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/29/2017 at 9:59 AM, HessStation said:

It's a big dilemma for me JiF. I'm already invested tho. I wonder that if I couldn't breeze through the first 5 seasons on Netflix if I'd of felt this way the whole time. I'm currently at a viewing crossroads in that, I am still curious enough to want to know what will happen. But the show sucks now. Just because there's a science fiction aspect doesn't mean a story line can do whatever it wants and I'm just suppose to suspend disbelief on every single common sense life rule.  

I hear you.  But, you'll be back... I'll be back, and everyone in this thread will be back.  The show is not nearly what it used to be, but, it's 43 minutes on a Sunday night 16 times a year.  The investment is minimal to check in with the characters we've all invested in.  Unless something else comes along to fill my end of the week, in bed, television time, it'll continue to be this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/29/2017 at 1:50 PM, HessStation said:

And no, just because it's the zombie apocalyse doesn't mean I have to forfeit my expectations that the show can and should still make some kind of reasonable sense. 

That's kind of what made it good in the first place.  Suspend your disbelief re: zombies and the rest of the show hit home.  Now, you've got to swallow a lot more sh*t.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, gEYno said:

I didn't see the ending, but my understanding was that after John Lithgow delivered that magnum opus of a performance, the show just never was the same.

This assessment is 100% accurate 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/29/2017 at 9:07 AM, JiF said:

Sure.  I assume the next episode is going to be gnarly.  I'm looking forward to it.  I feel like it will be incomplete with a typical Walking Dead cliff hanger which could make the following season a little more action packed.  I would imagine the "war" will go on for a few episodes if not entire first half of next season.

I think the war goes on the entire season 8...I would be surprised if it didn't 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So what's the predictions for tonight ? I'm guessing 2 out of these 3 die tonight , Sasha , Simon , Morgan .

edit : Gregory also ....unfortunately I think he's going 1st..gonna miss him he's hysterical . 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate when a great show loses its way and has no clear cut path or shows complete lack of planning. 

 

I loved the new Battlestar Galactica show, but it became so apparent that they had no clear idea of where it was going or what it was really trying to be about after Season 3. Up til then, it was absolute Brilliance. And then, Ronald D. Moore got in his own way and stopped making brilliant sci-fi and started just throwing sh*t at the wall. They put shock value (Colonel Tight is a Cylon! Chief Tyrol is a Cylon! Gasp*) over plot development, and the show sputtered out to a lame ending.

 

And that was only 5 seasons of Television.

 

Walking Dead should have ended 2 years ago somehow. But it's in a repetitive loop of the same sh*t,  and lost its way. That's why I quit watching it, and have haven't missed it. Sad. 

 

And it's reached a point of pretentiousness and self importance, and they are now all so impressed with themselves it became embarrassing.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jolot said:

So what's the predictions for tonight ? I'm guessing 2 out of these 3 die tonight , Sasha , Simon , Morgan .

edit : Gregory also ....unfortunately I think he's going 1st..gonna miss him he's hysterical . 

Those are all good calls.  I think Sasha goes down for sure.  Maybe even Rosita too.  

The Gregory situation should be interesting, I got a weird feeling he makes it being the squirlly guy he is.

Im interested in how Dwight pans out.  As well as how the kingdom with Carol and the junkyard crew factor in or if they do this season. 

I feel like it will end with the Saviors having a slight upper hand and the cliff hanger is how the crew bounces back next season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JiF said:

Those are all good calls.  I think Sasha goes down for sure.  Maybe even Rosita too.  

The Gregory situation should be interesting, I got a weird feeling he makes it being the squirlly guy he is.

Im interested in how Dwight pans out.  As well as how the kingdom with Carol and the junkyard crew factor in or if they do this season. 

I feel like it will end with the Saviors having a slight upper hand and the cliff hanger is how the crew bounces back next season.

So I was 0-4 lol....anyway I thought it was a reallly solid finale , other than I'm disappointed that it took so long for Michonne to kill that damn garbage pail girl . 

Edit , I was 1-4 I forgot shasha...was such a no brianer it doesn't count 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...