The Walking Dead

SenorGato

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Jolot said:

So I was 0-4 lol....anyway I thought it was a reallly solid finale , other than I'm disappointed that it took so long for Michonne to kill that damn garbage pail girl . 

Edit , I was 1-4 I forgot shasha...was such a no brianer it doesn't count 

I thought it was solid, not as much heartbreak as I was expecting because we knew Sasha was going to die.  I figured we'd get a couple of more causalities.  

Good set up for the war.  Totally surprised by the Junkyard Gang backstabbing the Crew.  Which begs the question, how did it happen?  Did Gregory tip of the Saviors and that's how they found out?  Or was their a previous relationship with the Junkyard and the Saviors?  And did Junkyard gang screw with the explosives or did Rosita just **** up? 

I personally loved watching the Tiger eat that dudes face off.  I've thought the Tiger was pretty cheesy thus far but that was pretty cool.  I really thought we were going to see the end of Carl and then right before Rick was about to lose his hand Michone would shoot Negan in the shoulder or something to save the day. 

Eugene has officially moved to the top of my must die now chart.  What a Dbag.  

Should be interesting to see how this plays out now.  Are the Junkyard and Saviors a gang now and it will be the Crew and the Kingdom vs.?  Or does the Crew need to go after both individually?  Do they trust Dwight moving forward?  What happened to Gregory?  

I feel like joined with the Kingdom, they take down the junkyard gang, take all their guns and then go after the Saviors.  

I enjoyed it last night.  Kind of had a feeling that the Garbage People were not worth trusting as the show went on.

And speaking of the Garbage People, can anyone explain what about the zombie apocalypse has caused a group of adults, presumably from Georgia or nearby, to have lost their fluency in English, or at least, their ability to speak in complete sentences?

6 hours ago, gEYno said:

I enjoyed it last night.  Kind of had a feeling that the Garbage People were not worth trusting as the show went on.

And speaking of the Garbage People, can anyone explain what about the zombie apocalypse has caused a group of adults, presumably from Georgia or nearby, to have lost their fluency in English, or at least, their ability to speak in complete sentences?

And live in a garbage dump; not very healthful? There would be  post zombie apocalypse empty towns and vacant places, but you choose to live in fetid disgusting waste? 

9 hours ago, gEYno said:

....and what, are we on about year 3 or 4? Just horrible. It's a bad attempt at a mad max nod or something. They'd work as a next generation 40 years into the future But yeah.

On 2/13/2017 at 2:14 PM, PFSIKH said:

Define Optimism.

I liked the episode, but I do not have any hope they will get into the war too far in the seven remaining episodes.

I always figured the woman colony would play into the war seeing they had a good arsenal of weapons.  This new young group looks to have a good  arsenal as well.

Anyways, back on point, seven episodes to get the Colony, Kingdom, the Women colony and/or Young Guns on board to attack the Saviors.  I think the remaining season will be okay at best until the last episode or two when the war may actually start.

Yup.

11 hours ago, JiF said:

I thought it was solid,

It was solid like the season.  A few too many scenes of Sasha in the casket, but I digress.

I thought that it was a pretty decent finale, though it was riddled with things that just drove me nuts. Everyone in the damn town could use the Sasha attack as the distraction it was meant to be-- hell, Carl took down three turncoats-- but Rick couldn't disarm that Trash-Vulcan in the crow's nest when all she had was a pistol?! C'mon.

Some good news for those that complained about the pace:

The Walking Dead season 7 ended with a unique yet tragic twist that resulted in the death of one of the most loved characters. While the show has a poor reputation for airing only a few interesting twists between filler episodes, showrunner Scott Gimple has now promised that going forward fans would enjoy a fast moving storyline that will include some major twists.

"It's going to be different. They aren't going to meet in Alexandria every weekend and do that. There are twists and turns to it, definitely some small-scale things and some large-scale things and a whole different momentum to the story," he told TV Line.

Trending: JK Rowling gives moving Twitter 'sermon' to budding writers

In the season 7 premiere fans learnt that Glenn and Abraham were brutally done to death, while in the remaining episodes the producers tried to build a storyline until the finale that featured an interesting twist where Sasha sacrificed her life and turned into a zombie to kill Negan when he opened her coffin.

With no cliffhanger revelation to be made in the upcoming season, fans are wondering how the show would narrate the war between Negan and Rick Grimes to make the show interesting. Gimple justified the poor pace of season 7 and said it was a medium to let every character get to know each other. However, the eighth season will not be dull as each character would bring a new narrative to the show.

Don't miss: Roman Polanski's latest bid to avoid jail in rape case denied by US judge

"Now that [the various factions] are in public conflict and everything is on the table as far as everybody knows who everybody is to each other and what's going on, the narrative changes a lot. It's going to become a bit more kinetic and fast-moving because that's where the story is going. The content is definitely going to be determining the form," he said.

Rick, King Ezekiel and the Hilltop ambushed Negan's Saviours by the end of the finale forcing the enemy to retract. But the war is still on and rumours have it that the Whisperers will make their grand entry in the upcoming season.

AMC is yet to declare the premiere date for TWD season 8.

12 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Can anyone tell me the significance of the "didn't know" on the back of the wooden soldier Darryl had?

Dwight left it for him. He was saying he didnt know about the deal with the junkyard gang. 

9 minutes ago, JiF said:

Dwight left it for him. He was saying he didnt know about the deal with the junkyard gang. 

Yeah, that was the only thing I could think of, but I was looking away when Darryl found the soldier so I didn't know where he got it and/or how Dwight would've known to put it.

Where was it?

11 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Yeah, that was the only thing I could think of, but I was looking away when Darryl found the soldier so I didn't know where he got it and/or how Dwight would've known to put it.

Where was it?

It looked like he put it right where the big main door meets the wall's of Alexandria. 

11 minutes ago, JiF said:

It looked like he put it right where the big main door meets the wall's of Alexandria. 

Gotcha.  I miss a lot of what I'm watching sometimes because god forbid I go more than 45 seconds w/o checking to see if the Jets made a move of any kind.

Thanks! 

• 6 months later...

Good premiere I thought , only one question , if " only one person has to die "..why not just shoot Negan in the head when he walked out on the balcony? Anyway like we say why get caught up in details , it's a show about zombies . I enjoyed the episode . 

14 hours ago, Jolot said:

Good premiere I thought , only one question , if " only one person has to die "..why not just shoot Negan in the head when he walked out on the balcony? Anyway like we say why get caught up in details , it's a show about zombies . I enjoyed the episode . 

Yeah, the 10 minute conversation that took place while no one even attempted a shot at Negan was really rather annoying.  While you of course understand why the writers weren't just going to kill Negan off there, for the sake of the show, they could have put in a little more effort than just having him casually standing there with plenty of armed folks with clean shots at him, only mindlessly waiting until much later before Rick finally remembers he wants to do that.

The whole Gregory / Gabriel thing was also obvious from a mile away, and quite deserving of an eye roll, but what are you gonna do.

I am, however, curious to see the time travel storyline that they are clearly working into the show, since apparently Rick ages 30 years in the time everyone else ages about 1.

With all of that being said, I was still far more interested in watching it than football.  I didn't desperately want to see Carl killed in this episode, so that on its own is major progress.  Decent start to the season, so interested to see how it goes, as it already seems to be on a better track than the past 2 seasons.

Me likey.  Obviously the annoying, why don't they kill Negan when they have the chance stuff still keeps happening but overall I thought it was a good set up for the war.  I liked the cliff hanger.  I really do love JDM as Negan, he's a fun ying to how serious the crew is.

Definitely interested in this old man Rick angle.  Because they're showing him looking like sh*t having those visions...so it's really like 3 different times lines going on right now.  Present day war sh*t, the Rick bugging out sh*t, and then the old man Rick sh*t.  

On 10/22/2017 at 11:04 PM, Jolot said:

Same issue there.  Also, Gabriel had an assault rifle with him in the trailer, why is he the one who's supposed to be scared right now?

That said, this episode was better than all of last season, so I guess I can't complain too much.

Meh , wasn't crazy about episode 2, they have 16 episodes to tell a war story about Rick vs Negan , I don't see how you have an episode where one of them ( Negan ) isn't around , and who really cares that Morales a bit player from season 1 is back ? Jesus' character kindve sucks right now also . It was an hour of watching a bunch of bit players shoot at each other ....a let down after episode 1 for me . 

How do you go from “do you have your sh*t pants on” to not showing what happened.  I guess you just had to get used to this at this point.  It’s the Walking Dead way!!!

I like the season so far.

One question I have is are we supposed to assume the junkyard gang is gone?  No sign of them so far.  

Still no Negan after the sh*t your pants scene?  I don't know why it surprises me, this is par for the course with this show.

That said, it's been action packed and I have no clue where this is going but I feel like Rick is going to die this season. 

That was the season stinker episode.  If it wasn't for Carol coming back to bad ass form and then Rick and Daryl just being ballers, that was really poop episode.  Maybe because I think the King is ridiculous but either way, that was boring. 

What, 5 episodes in now and we've seen Negan for 2 minutes and no follow up from sh*t your pants, Michone for 30 seconds and Maggie for 2 minutes no follow up on what happened to the Junkyard Gang.  These writers...

14 minutes ago, JiF said:

That was the season stinker episode.  If it wasn't for Carol coming back to bad ass form and then Rick and Daryl just being ballers, that was really poop episode.  Maybe because I think the King is ridiculous but either way, that was boring. 

What, 5 episodes in now and we've seen Negan for 2 minutes and no follow up from sh*t your pants, Michone for 30 seconds and Maggie for 2 minutes no follow up on what happened to the Junkyard Gang.  These writers...

Agreed , I thought the premiere was very good , and honestly the last 3 episodes were a waste , isn't 20 something episodes enough to build up to the Negan - Rick battle ? How many more " character building " episodes do we have to sit through ? I thought that what we wasted 16 episodes on last season ? All 16 episodes this season should have been some sort of Negan - Rick fight , I don't need to see Rick kill any more Star Trek Redshirts , let's just get this on already ...and now it looks like we are going to have a whole episode next week dedicated to Negan torturing Gabriel , I honestly could care less about that either . Very disappointed so far .

14 minutes ago, Jolot said:

Agreed , I thought the premiere was very good , and honestly the last 3 episodes were a waste , isn't 20 something episodes enough to build up to the Negan - Rick battle ? How many more " character building " episodes do we have to sit through ? I thought that what we wasted 16 episodes on last season ? All 16 episodes this season should have been some sort of Negan - Rick fight , I don't need to see Rick kill any more Star Trek Redshirts , let's just get this on already ...and now it looks like we are going to have a whole episode next week dedicated to Negan torturing Gabriel , I honestly could care less about that either . Very disappointed so far .

I've never found the King interesting so this whole storyline has been a miss with me.  That said, I can respect how they built him up only to quickly tear him down.  I like that.  I don't particularly like how they did it in such a lame mellow dramatic way but I can respect breaking him down the way they have...although, it was a quick fall from grace...from and "I still smile" to "we won't lose a rank" to "I'm not your King"...did he really think nobody would get hurt and then the second they do, he's not longer King?  And I kind of liked seeing the Tiger save the King but come-on...that thing could have got away from the zombies.  haha

I do like seeing Rick and Daryl handling sh*t like the bosses they are...that sh*t's fun.  And I'm actually somewhat intrigued by next episode only because it looks like the Saviors are going to try and figure out who's the rat...and that's always entertaining.. 

On 11/7/2017 at 8:54 AM, JiF said:

Still no Negan after the sh*t your pants scene?  I don't know why it surprises me, this is par for the course with this show.

That said, it's been action packed and I have no clue where this is going but I feel like Rick is going to die this season. 

It's action packed but there's no suspense to it.  

A buddy of mine is in this show. Coming up. Plays a big role the next 4 eps. Only reason I will even watch but this show has sadly dropped in quality in a major way. It reminds me of the Idzik era. The new producer who started around s4 or 5 is just terribly bad. The helicoper falling thru the roof out of nowhere at just the right time started it for me. And then that Negan CLIFFHANGER. Or should I say sorry excuse for one. Just gutless pandering to the masses. Terrible. It's sad. Will be kinda cool to see my boy in the ramaining eps tho but I can't imagine watching ever again after that. 

I actually enjoyed the back and forth with Negan and Gabriel , more than " action " scenes of nameless, faceless extras shooting at each other ..it's clear now they are going to drag this out for all 16 episodes though . Also why is it so hard to believe someone would have a working helicopter? They still have running water , electricity, cars with unlimited gas, unlimited ammunition and video games lol....I was supposed to be shocked someone had a helicopter?

16 hours ago, Jolot said:

I actually enjoyed the back and forth with Negan and Gabriel , more than " action " scenes of nameless, faceless extras shooting at each other ..it's clear now they are going to drag this out for all 16 episodes though . Also why is it so hard to believe someone would have a working helicopter? They still have running water , electricity, cars with unlimited gas, unlimited ammunition and video games lol....I was supposed to be shocked someone had a helicopter?

Oh are ppl talking bout the chopper besides me? 

I meant in like season 4 maybe or 5 when the new producer took over and the quality completely nose dived. this dude is an absolute hack or just has awful taste and no balls what so ever 

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

I have little doubt the writers convinced themselves folks would be greatly upset.  But yeah, not so much.

I thought this was a product of necessity.  Wasn't he going off to school?

This is a big departure from the comics, too.  Carl and Neagan develop somewhat of an ongoing relationship.  My guess is, unlike the comics, Rick actually does kill Neagan.  I doubt the keep paying JDM to sit in a cell and talk to Rick, but who knows...

Archived