The Walking Dead

SenorGato

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

Well that was... awful.

It was about 5 seconds of "look what Eugene did" and another hour+ of I don't even know what.

I cant believe I was looking forward to this episode.  Like, wtf just happened? 

That was so completely terrible.  I cant even believe it was that bad.  That's how you're going to end this 3 season conflict?  Are you ******* kidding me?  The whole time line didnt add up, the plan didnt make sense, how did they end up where they did surrounded?  Rick is shooting at Negan with intent to kill him then when he has him, he doesnt.  Never mind the 10 seconds for ******* Carl bull sh*t.  Which, I dont even hate that you're going to let him live on some higher ground moral bull sh*t but that's how you do it?

And the stage they set going forward is Maggie vs. Rick?  Now apparently Jesus, Mr. Friendly who is all about letting everyone live, is going to join forces with Maggie and Daryl to kill Rick and Michone because they let Negan live?  You know, the guy who convinced Maggie not to kill all the saviors and kept them prisoners.   Daryl just let Dwight walk but he's pissy because Negan is a prisoner now?  He's a prisoner.  They have him. They can **** with him and torture him for the rest of his life...isnt that better revenge than just killing him off?  So weird.  

Eugene who appeared to be going crazy was actually a good guy all along? 

The scene with the swamp ladies and the fire balls...holy sh*t.  

The garbage pale lady is just all, yeah, I'll kick it with Rick now after a few words from a crazy man who, isnt kicking it with Rick. 

That was the biggest pile of sh*t ever.  No Helicopter closure, we never see the nice lady again.  Just a totally stupid ending to a 3 season conflict and now what, is Negan going to hang around?  Is Rick going to let Negan loose to fight vs. Maggie?

I'm so mad that I actually thought this was going somewhere.

13 minutes ago, JiF said:

I cant believe I was looking forward to this episode.  Like, wtf just happened? 

That was so completely terrible.  I cant even believe it was that bad.  That's how you're going to end this 3 season conflict?  Are you ******* kidding me?  The whole time line didnt add up, the plan didnt make sense, how did they end up where they did surrounded?  Rick is shooting at Negan with intent to kill him then when he has him, he doesnt.  Never mind the 10 seconds for ******* Carl bull sh*t.  Which, I dont even hate that you're going to let him live on some higher ground moral bull sh*t but that's how you do it?

And the stage they set going forward is Maggie vs. Rick?  Now apparently Jesus, Mr. Friendly who is all about letting everyone live, is going to join forces with Maggie and Daryl to kill Rick and Michone because they let Negan live?  You know, the guy who convinced Maggie not to kill all the saviors and kept them prisoners.   Daryl just let Dwight walk but he's pissy because Negan is a prisoner now?  He's a prisoner.  They have him. They can **** with him and torture him for the rest of his life...isnt that better revenge than just killing him off?  So weird.  

Eugene who appeared to be going crazy was actually a good guy all along? 

The scene with the swamp ladies and the fire balls...holy sh*t.  

The garbage pale lady is just all, yeah, I'll kick it with Rick now after a few words from a crazy man who, isnt kicking it with Rick. 

That was the biggest pile of sh*t ever.  No Helicopter closure, we never see the nice lady again.  Just a totally stupid ending to a 3 season conflict and now what, is Negan going to hang around?  Is Rick going to let Negan loose to fight vs. Maggie?

I'm so mad that I actually thought this was going somewhere.

Agree with everything you're saying here, but the bold is the one thing that I couldn't help but think "oh ****, they're seriously going to do this garbage, aren't they?"  The writing is on the wall, you just know they're going to bring Negan into the middle of this mind-numbingly stupid team civil war bullsh*t they're setting up for.  Jesus actually somehow being on board with this is could not possibly make any less sense.  It contradicts every single thing he has said and done, including the stuff he was saying immediately before that.

The entire sequence of how next to no one died was also as awfully done as possible.  Rick not killing Negan 5 seconds after he was just trying to kill him is bad enough, but Negan standing around for 5 minutes doing absolutely nothing when everything else says he would have just bashed Rick's head in, just so Rick could "win" was such a steaming pile of garbage.

Not to mention, for the rest of the Saviors, the sequence of events for their survival was:
1.  We're going to kill you all in mass.
2.  Oh crap, that didn't work... let's run in mass panic!
3.  Hey guys, let's all just stop running together at this same spot right now for some reason, and just be real chill here.  Don't worry, none of us will keep running, or try to fight at all.
4.  We got caught up to, but no worries, they'll just look at us for a while instead of shooting us dead despite what we just tried to pull.
5.  So um... since we have nothing to fight back with at this current moment, we're all cool now, right?
6.  We're a big happy family now and we all totally trust each other!

I might need to learn from my own comments earlier in this thread and just delete the show off my DVR so I don't let myself get tricked into watching this again next season.

I love how Rick sliced Negan's throat....but not so much such that he dies, can't speak etc. etc.

Just the perfect amount of throat slashing so as to NOT kill him.

Lots of sh*t that makes no sense in this episode but that one took the cake for me.

1 hour ago, Bleedin Green said:

Agree with everything you're saying here, but the bold is the one thing that I couldn't help but think "oh ****, they're seriously going to do this garbage, aren't they?"  The writing is on the wall, you just know they're going to bring Negan into the middle of this mind-numbingly stupid team civil war bullsh*t they're setting up for.  Jesus actually somehow being on board with this is could not possibly make any less sense.  It contradicts every single thing he has said and done, including the stuff he was saying immediately before that.

The entire sequence of how next to no one died was also as awfully done as possible.  Rick not killing Negan 5 seconds after he was just trying to kill him is bad enough, but Negan standing around for 5 minutes doing absolutely nothing when everything else says he would have just bashed Rick's head in, just so Rick could "win" was such a steaming pile of garbage.

Not to mention, for the rest of the Saviors, the sequence of events for their survival was:
1.  We're going to kill you all in mass.
2.  Oh crap, that didn't work... let's run in mass panic!
3.  Hey guys, let's all just stop running together at this same spot right now for some reason, and just be real chill here.  Don't worry, none of us will keep running, or try to fight at all.
4.  We got caught up to, but no worries, they'll just look at us for a while instead of shooting us dead despite what we just tried to pull.
5.  So um... since we have nothing to fight back with at this current moment, we're all cool now, right?
6.  We're a big happy family now and we all totally trust each other!

I might need to learn from my own comments earlier in this thread and just delete the show off my DVR so I don't let myself get tricked into watching this again next season.

The episode was ******* terrible but I'm furious at how they set the stage.  What I liked about this season, is there was some twisted sick sh*t with some spins and they introduced (briefly) 2 different story lines with the nice lady and the helicopter that has legs.  They left those alone only to set up a completely ridiculous hypocritical civil war? 

Lets review - Maggie wants to kill everyone!!!

Jesus convinces her not to. 

Maggie listens. 

Maggie wants to keep nice lady prisoner, decides not to.

Maggie is mean to saviors, Jesus says something nice things, Maggie is nice to Saviors.  Repeat 4 times

Daryl wants to kill Dwight the entire season.  Tara convinces him otherwise.  Dwight doesnt care.  After Rick's nice nice to Negan, Daryl is now nice to Dwight.

Jesus nice nice nice with Morgan who is mean mean mean.

Maggie lets Saviors be "one of them". 

Fast forward to the set up scene; now Maggie wants to kill her "family", after just accepting the Saviors and both Jesus and Daryl are down for it - meanwhile, Negan is captured and they could literally pull a nail off a day and torture him for the rest of his life but that's not good enough.  He needed to die therefore, now Rick and Michone (for some reason) need to die for not killing him.

lmfao 

15 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

I love how Rick sliced Negan's throat....but not so much such that he dies, can't speak etc. etc.

Just the perfect amount of throat slashing so as to NOT kill him.

Lots of sh*t that makes no sense in this episode but that one took the cake for me.

Yeah, I seriously had to rewind after Rick said "save him" because I was convinced I was hearing things.  Oh yeah, you can totally patch a guy up (with nothing btw) from that whole throat slashing thing.  No big deal.

12 minutes ago, JiF said:

The episode was ******* terrible but I'm furious at how they set the stage.  What I liked about this season, is there was some twisted sick sh*t with some spins and they introduced (briefly) 2 different story lines with the nice lady and the helicopter that has legs.  They left those alone only to set up a completely ridiculous hypocritical civil war? 

Maggie listens. 

Maggie is mean to saviors, Jesus says something nice things, Maggie is nice to Saviors.  Repeat 4 times

Daryl wants to kill Dwight the entire season.  Tara convinces him otherwise.  Dwight doesnt care.  After Rick's nice nice to Negan, Daryl is now nice to Dwight.

Fast forward to the set up scene; now Maggie wants to kill her "family", after just accepting the Saviors and both Jesus and Daryl are down for it - meanwhile, Negan is captured and they could literally pull a nail off a day and torture him for the rest of his life but that's not good enough.  He needed to die therefore, now Rick and Michone (for some reason) need to die for not killing him.

lmfao 

I mean sure absolutely none of it makes sense, but....... um, suspense..... right?  And yeah, no idea wtf Michone is getting blamed for on this one.  Not to mention, if Maggie was really that bitter about this, it would take about 2 seconds for them to kill off Negan and then we're done here.  But let's not let common sense get in the way of anything.

At this point, I'm rooting for the zombies.

I didn't watch fear the walking dead....how does Morgan get transported across the country (and presumably back in time) to get on that show?

Was that revealed....or is it gonna get drawn out over 8 episodes like TWD plots?

5 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I think the finale was just what I needed not to watch this show anymore... Within group battle is next?  Not really interested.

Pretty much.  And what are we to suspect as fans? Is Maggie going to kill Rick and Michone- that doesnt seem plausible?  She going to kick them out of the hill top- how is that exciting?  Is she going to kill Negan behind their backs - is that really a big deal that someone cares about?  None of these routes are even remotely interesting and it's probably the latter which is the least interesting of all 3 possibilities. 

And didnt 2 episodes ago, Rick told Maggie she would take over once the Negan war ended?  So, she's now in charge and she's going to go around the back of the guy who put her in charge?  That seems unnecessary and not really all that conflicting and in general, stupid. 

2 hours ago, JiF said:

Pretty much.  And what are we to suspect as fans? Is Maggie going to kill Rick and Michone- that doesnt seem plausible?  She going to kick them out of the hill top- how is that exciting?  Is she going to kill Negan behind their backs - is that really a big deal that someone cares about?  None of these routes are even remotely interesting and it's probably the latter which is the least interesting of all 3 possibilities. 

And didnt 2 episodes ago, Rick told Maggie she would take over once the Negan war ended?  So, she's now in charge and she's going to go around the back of the guy who put her in charge?  That seems unnecessary and not really all that conflicting and in general, stupid. 

Truth is, I always stuck with it because I wanted to see where the characters would go.  Despite how silly it got at times, I stayed interested in the people.  I'm no longer interested in them.  Rick is simply boring, Michonne has been relegated to a bit role, Maggie I don't really care about, Carol's story is basically done, and so on...

I saw this steaming pile of crap finale coming after the absurdly horrible episode 15, what a disaster. I could get into detail but most of my complaints were already covered in previous posts I just read above , only thing I'll add is this , good God can they kill Daryl off aleady ? What a garbage character, garbage actor, garbage storyline..he brings nothing to the show at this point, zero . Simon and Dwight were the only 2 good characters that came out of this whole waste of 3 seasons of this show ...I'm may be out at this point . 

On 4/16/2018 at 12:02 AM, Bleedin Green said:

Well that was... awful.

It was about 5 seconds of "look what Eugene did" and another hour+ of I don't even know what.

This show leads TV all time in people about to kill someone that instead talk endlessly, thereby giving their victim time to stop them. In a desperate time  and place like a Zombie Apocalypse , NOBODY is doing that. they're gonna kill the guy and talk later. 

Why would EVERY gun malfunction? Nobody checks the ammo? 

There's no compunction from killing anyone but they bend over backward to keep Negan alive to OF COURSE, give him a lecture. 

The actress who plays Maggie is TERRIBLE. Unprecedented BAD.  But this is going to be the character we are supposed to care about going forward. End this crap already. 

Remember when Rick ripped a mans throat out with his teeth because they were about to rape his son?

Remember when Carol shot a little girl the back of the head because she was crazy?

Remember when Carol saved the day because of a bunch of cannibals were about to eat Rick, Daryl and Glenn?

Remember Shane?

Michone killing the Governors little girl zombie? 

This show was really good at one point and they were kind of getting back to it with some gruesome sh*t until they literally ****ed the finale. 

2 hours ago, JiF said:

Remember when Rick ripped a mans throat out with his teeth because they were about to rape his son?

Remember when Carol shot a little girl the back of the head because she was crazy?

Remember when Carol saved the day because of a bunch of cannibals were about to eat Rick, Daryl and Glenn?

Remember Shane?

Michone killing the Governors little girl zombie? 

This show was really good at one point and they were kind of getting back to it with some gruesome sh*t until they literally ****ed the finale. 

Yep. The farm the prison and the governor was some of the greatest tv I watched. Terminus being a blip was the begining of the end. Got dumb then.

Last episode I watched was the Lucille episode. For me the interaction between Rick and Neghan was one of the single most unbelievable bags of nonsense I have ever watched. I read this thread and can’t believe Neghan is still alive . Wow. 

I quit watching after the mid-Season 7 finale.

I’ve read the comic since the first issue and even that is getting stale as hell.

It’s the same formula over and over for both. Rick and Co. find some other larger group who they are initially skeptical of, they turn out to be bad, Rick and Co. go to war with said group, Rick and Co. win, Rick and Co. eventually stumble upon another group. Rinse and repeat.

I guess I shouldn’t be surprised. There’s only so much you can do with a Zombie Apocalypse premise.

I’m just amazed the show has lasted damn near 10 years and the comic for 15 and counting.

On 4/16/2018 at 11:52 AM, JiF said:

Maggie listens. 

lmfao 

The last 5 minutes destroyed a bad show and made it impossible for me to ever watch again. It wasn't even keeping Negan alive. Everything that happened in the aftermath is so completely dumb and made absolutely zero sense. There are no words for how bad the Maggie/Daryl/Jesus scene and the Rick/Michone/Negan scene was. No words. 

On 4/20/2018 at 11:15 PM, HessStation said:

The last 5 minutes destroyed a bad show and made it impossible for me to ever watch again. It wasn't even keeping Negan alive. Everything that happened in the aftermath is so completely dumb and made absolutely zero sense. There are no words for how bad the Maggie/Daryl/Jesus scene and the Rick/Michone/Negan scene was. No words. 

What, just because those scenes contradicted pretty much everything else those characters said / did throughout the series, including in that episode, you have some sort of issue with that?  Weird.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
On 12/29/2018 at 12:35 AM, Maxman said:

Is anyone still watching this? I had them all on DVR and I just binge watched this season. Interesting stuff.

If you may not have figured this out from the roaring response to this question, I'm not sure if there is a TV show in the history of TV that fell off harder than this show.

Started out slooowww, got really freaking good for a few seasons and has been pure doodoo for about 3 years now.

24 minutes ago, JiF said:

If you may not have figured this out from the roaring response to this question, I'm not sure if there is a TV show in the history of TV that fell off harder than this show.

Started out slooowww, got really freaking good for a few seasons and has been pure doodoo for about 3 years now.

Yes I don't remember a 48 page thread just dying the way this one did before. 

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

Yes I don't remember a 48 page thread just dying the way this one did before. 

Exactly.  It used to be suspenseful, what's going to happen, wow that was insane and has turned into some serious eye rolling nonesense.  

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Exactly.  It used to be suspenseful, what's going to happen, wow that was insane and has turned into some serious eye rolling nonesense.  

I mean seriously, how many episodes start and end with some random/sad montage set to some lame folk/pop song? Nearly every other frickin' episode.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: The Walking Dead died when they fired Frank Darabont. Even Jeffrey DeMunn wanted out of that sh*t after that.

You want to know how bad it's gotten? Fear the Walking Dead is now clearly the better show, and that should've never even been a show to begin with.

And now they want to create an entire Walking Dead universe with spin-off movies and other nonsense? It kinda feels like what happened to The Simpsons after Matt Groening stopped giving a sh*t if the show was funny and just wanted to continue to make money. Although, I guess it'd be unfair to blame Kirkman, because I know AMC owns the show and can do whatever the f*ck they want with it.

Anyway, if people want to watch some other comic-book based shows, here are some better options:

1. Happy! (The #1 best, imo)

2. Preacher

3. Hap & Leonard (Doesn't get enough attention, imo)

4. The Expanse (Not a comic book, but still excellent)

5. The Punisher (Probably not gonna last after this season, what with Daredevil being cancelled)

Yeah, it's situations like this where you realize the DVR is both a blessing and a curse.  Viewership would be down the crapper and the show long since cancelled if it wasn't for the convenience of the show being there to watch when you have nothing better to do.  If you had to actually set aside to watch that hot garbage at the time it was on, it would be doing even worse than it already is.  These days you have to make a conscious decision to not watch a show any longer, which is a bit trickier than the old days when you'd simply stop paying attention to when it's on and miss it due to a lack of effort on your part.  Hell, I admittedly fall in that group myself, as I've made more than my fair shame of times asking myself why I'm still watching this crap, while actually sitting there watching it.  Here's hoping they end the show soon just as a mercy-killing for us all.

As others have mentioned here, I have heard Fear is definitely much better, but I thankfully bailed on that before it truly reeled me in.  I think I made it about half way through the first season of it being the worst pile of garbage imaginable, and got out then.  I have no interest in even thinking about that crap again.

21 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

I mean seriously, how many episodes start and end with some random/sad montage set to some lame folk/pop song? Nearly every other frickin' episode.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: The Walking Dead died when they fired Frank Darabont. Even Jeffrey DeMunn wanted out of that sh*t after that.

You want to know how bad it's gotten? Fear the Walking Dead is now clearly the better show, and that should've never even been a show to begin with.

And now they want to create an entire Walking Dead universe with spin-off movies and other nonsense? It kinda feels like what happened to The Simpsons after Matt Groening stopped giving a sh*t if the show was funny and just wanted to continue to make money. Although, I guess it'd be unfair to blame Kirkman, because I know AMC owns the show and can do whatever the f*ck they want with it.

Anyway, if people want to watch some other comic-book based shows, here are some better options:

1. Happy! (The #1 best, imo)

2. Preacher

3. Hap & Leonard (Doesn't get enough attention, imo)

4. The Expanse (Not a comic book, but still excellent)

5. The Punisher (Probably not gonna last after this season, what with Daredevil being cancelled)

Upvoted for The Expanse. Best show on tv.

• 1 month later...
22 hours ago, TeddEY said:

Anyone watching?  This season is a little better than the past few IMO.

Might fit with my theory that Rick was the problem.

I thought fall portion of the season was a big improvement over the previous couple of years. But the new winter/spring episodes... total snoozefest. 

I don't understand this whole Whispers thing.  Haven't they learned.

Group of strangers show up, kill some of their friends, kidnap the others, walking around with the dead with skin faces on....and no guns.

I could end this problem for them in minutes....

On 2/27/2019 at 1:37 PM, TeddEY said:

Anyone watching?  This season is a little better than the past few IMO.

Might fit with my theory that Rick was the problem.

I was enjoying this season a bit more...maybe some Rick fatigue for sure.  It was all going much better until...

15 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

I don't understand this whole Whispers thing.  Haven't they learned.

Group of strangers show up, kill some of their friends, kidnap the others, walking around with the dead with skin faces on....and no guns.

I could end this problem for them in minutes....

...this is where it lost me.  That was the easiest conflict to deal with ever.   Like, these dudes kill Jesus and are the least of a threat yet.  So dumb and I dont really get how this continues...they try to save the girl from her sinister mom?  Why?  Who cares?  She provides nothing but a potential lover with a terrible character nobody cares about. 

The most intriguing storyline IMO has totally been cut out of the show; the Helicopter, and Maggie saying Michone wont get away with it.  Total tease to internal conflict that was ultimately nothing.  And then Maggie and the little old lady.  They are the only interesting sub-plots and they're gone.  

• 2 weeks later...

If not for both the blessing and curse of DVRs, pretty sure this show would've been cancelled years ago by now.  It basically just hasn't caused people to angrily give up on it.  However, in the old days, it would have been one of those instances of between seasons, no one could care enough to bother trying to remember when it was going to be on again, and ratings would have plummeted in a blink of an eye.

Oh well, could always delete the schedule off of my DVR... but that seems like a lot of work.

Archived