The Walking Dead

SenorGato

Yeah the first 10 min of the 1st episode this season were intense.  I hadn't had that anxious feeling watching a show since Breaking Bad. 

And what they did with poor Bob.  I gave the lady friend credit because she called that he was in trouble when they showed him happy in the beginning of the episode.  I thought he'd get killed but he got worse.

I want all those Terminites dead in the most horrific way possible.

If they follow this plotline like they did in the books, you may get your wish. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd treat you just like they treated Bob.

I have no doubt you'd try to eat me, homo. 

Bob had it coming. You wanna go outside and cry because you can't drink wine? You deserve what you get. They should have let Rick kill everyone when they had the chance, but nooooooooo.

I miss Shane. That was a man of action who knew how to get things done, like myself. 

Yeah the first 10 min of the 1st episode this season were intense.  I hadn't had that anxious feeling watching a show since Breaking Bad. 

And what they did with poor Bob.  I gave the lady friend credit because she called that he was in trouble when they showed him happy in the beginning of the episode.  I thought he'd get killed but he got worse.

I want all those Terminites dead in the most horrific way possible.

I have no doubt you'd try to eat me, homo. 

Bob had it coming. You wanna go outside and cry because you can't drink wine? You deserve what you get. They should have let Rick kill everyone when they had the chance, but nooooooooo.

I miss Shane. That was a man of action who knew how to get things done, like myself. 

I thought Bob got bit and he was hiding it and was going outside to off himself, which was why he was so upset.  And I thought when he got hit over the head it was Morgan.  Which is weird they showed him first episode and they all felt like they were being watched and it was really the cannibals

The last couple of minutes showed a couple of different things that I found interesting.  1.  When Bob was coming through, they flashed the kid that tried to kill Tyresse and Judith.  I guess Tyresse didnt kill him and left him in that cabin. 2. Did the cannibal ring leader not indicate that Bob was part of their faction before Rick's crew found him?  Sure seemed like they had history with him.

Shane and Merl.  Those dudes were real.

I thought Bob got bit and he was hiding it and was going outside to off himself, which was why he was so upset.  And I thought when he got hit over the head it was Morgan.  Which is weird they showed him first episode and they all felt like they were being watched and it was really the cannibals

The last couple of minutes showed a couple of different things that I found interesting.  1.  When Bob was coming through, they flashed the kid that tried to kill Tyresse and Judith.  I guess Tyresse didnt kill him and left him in that cabin. 2. Did the cannibal ring leader not indicate that Bob was part of their faction before Rick's crew found him?  Sure seemed like they had history with him.

That's interesting. I didn't notice any of that. I'll have to re-watch it. I hate Tyreese so much. 

Yeah we thought Bob went outside and was crying because he got bit when the walker took him underwater.  Shane does make an interesting point about him crying outside because he didn't want to drink...

No Tyreese didn't kill him..  he just beat the crap out of him and left him -- they talked about it in Talking Dead.

The Cannibal ring leader wanted to recruit Rick and some of the crew..  I think he talked about it in episode 1..  something along the lines of needing the strong ones to fortify and strengthen their camp while eating the weak ones..  It's pretty twisted and he sucks which is why I hope they suffer unspeakable deaths.

That's interesting. I didn't notice any of that. I'll have to re-watch it. I hate Tyreese so much.

Yeah, the very first image when Bob comes through is that kid. The dialogue between the leader and Bob made me think it was a reunion, he kept saying how it was ironic it was him and don't worry, they would have done it to anyone from the crew...not just him, etc.

Yeah we thought Bob went outside and was crying because he got bit when the walker took him underwater. Shane does make an interesting point about him crying outside because he didn't want to drink...

No Tyreese didn't kill him.. he just beat the crap out of him and left him -- they talked about it in Talking Dead.

The Cannibal ring leader wanted to recruit Rick and some of the crew.. I think he talked about it in episode 1.. something along the lines of needing the strong ones to fortify and strengthen their camp while eating the weak ones.. It's pretty twisted and he sucks which is why I hope they suffer unspeakable deaths.

I never watch the Talking Dead.

Is that what the ring leader was saying when they were killing them in the tub by hitting them with the bat and the slicing the throat? That's what I thought he was getting at but it seemed like they were going to continue on with the executions before the explosion.

I just re-watched the last ten minutes, and here's what I gathered: Bob, upon going outside, started walking away from the church and then started crying. He may have been leaving the group, but there is no indication that he was bit (no blood on the shirt, no angsty look of pain--these writers aren't subtle; they would have made it fairly obvious, imo). JiF seems to be right, though. Gareth references a lot of stuff from the past about him and Bob. But didn't Gareth start calling them by name when they were prisoners in the rail car? Like there was a mole or something in the group. Either way, nice little twist there. To be honest, I was a little bored with the idea of another group led by a charismatic psycho coming after Rick's people. We just had three seasons on that same story. It'd be cool if this one was different.

I just re-watched the last ten minutes, and here's what I gathered: Bob, upon going outside, started walking away from the church and then started crying. He may have been leaving the group, but there is no indication that he was bit (no blood on the shirt, no angsty look of pain--these writers aren't subtle; they would have made it fairly obvious, imo). JiF seems to be right, though. Gareth references a lot of stuff from the past about him and Bob. But didn't Gareth start calling them by name when they were prisoners in the rail car? Like there was a mole or something in the group. Either way, nice little twist there. To be honest, I was a little bored with the idea of another group led by a charismatic psycho coming after Rick's people. We just had three seasons on that same story. It'd be cool if this one was different.

I just couldnt figure out was going on, so I assumed it was a bite the way that whole water scene went down.  I think you're right, they would have given you a clear indication of a bite and it was the whole wine thingy and not being able to drink.  Or maybe he was just falling in love and didnt want to be in that situation considering the circumstances.  Really dont know but it was odd how he was just walking off.  The other thing I considered is maybe Bob was hiding something about the Priest and knew it was going to come to the forefront.  IDK.  Just spit balling.

I'd have to check back about them knowing their names. I dont recall that happening.  

I agree, the whole, crew vs. crew is getting tiresome...but I think the way each crew they bump into is more twisted than the last keeps it interesting. The other little detail that's been in the back of mind was the way the season started with foreshadowing the cannibals in the rail car.  They obviously go back to Terminus and the coin flips but I wonder how and why?  

And then all so Beth...whats going on there?  What are Daryl and Carrol going to do?  Bad timing for those 2 cold hearted mothers to be away from the crew. And how does Morgan factor in?  I got a feeling he saves the day.

I gave a fist pump when Morgan hit the screen at the end..  seems he's gotten rid of the crazy and might be in his right mind again.

I think Gareth called a few of them by name and thought he was just playing a role of a rational psychopath..  when he was doing it I had a flashback to Taylor Negron calling Bruce Willis "Joseph" in the Last Boy Scout.

So anyway I didn't think there was a history with Bob but it would be cool if that's what they're hinting at. 

I gave a fist pump when Morgan hit the screen at the end..  seems he's gotten rid of the crazy and might be in his right mind again.

I think Gareth called a few of them by name and thought he was just playing a role of a rational psychopath..  when he was doing it I had a flashback to Taylor Negron calling Bruce Willis "Joseph" in the Last Boy Scout.

So anyway I didn't think there was a history with Bob but it would be cool if that's what they're hinting at

There are some hints to it.

Bob has been a part of some groups that he ended up being the sole survivor. 

He could be like the 20 something guy at the airport in Taken.  He goes out tries to latch onto a group and steers them towards Terminus.

And what does the tree carvings have to with anything?

I was also starting to get concerned that WD was going to become Dexter-ish, in that there was a new villian every year that we spend the season on until the grand, predictable finale. Just watched Sunday's episode last night, and I'm pretty psyched that now we'll get to follow a couple different story lines (the drive to DC, and the group following more slowly behind), as well as the Darrell teaser right at the end of the episode. Very pleased that they cleaned up the Gareth thing as quickly as they did.   

2nd Episode, good.

/Bob wasn't anything crazy or drawn out, just bitten (as expected tbh).

/Gareth and the Cannibals (nice name for a rock band, that) were wrapped up short and sweet, no extended "this is the season they get stalked by Cannibals" foolishness.

/Rick and Co. did not bite on the obvious trap set by the Cannibals, nice to see Rick actually not derp-a-derp for a change.

I was also starting to get concerned that WD was going to become Dexter-ish, in that there was a new villian every year that we spend the season on until the grand, predictable finale. Just watched Sunday's episode last night, and I'm pretty psyched that now we'll get to follow a couple different story lines (the drive to DC, and the group following more slowly behind), as well as the Darrell teaser right at the end of the episode. Very pleased that they cleaned up the Gareth thing as quickly as they did.   

Dexters finale may have been the most dissapoinint finale ever. 

Great point.

My hopes are while it is getting away from the one villian a season thing it does not go the Lost route and try to juggle too many story lines only to leave some unanswered.

I think a series like this (difficult in TV mind you) needs to follow a set timeline of start-middle-finish.   

So Bob was bitten. I let Tom convince me otherwise. Very upset about that.

Good episode, like others said, glad they finished the cannibals up quickly, though it was almost too easy. Gareth's plea at the end was some terrible acting and dialouge. They could have made that much darker and creepy.

Michonne getting her sword back was pretty bad ass. Cool scene.

Definitely curios about what Daryl brought back. It's obviously more than Carol. Beth too? Or maybe they kidnapped her kidnappers? Morgan?

Wtf is up with Morgan? Haha

To echo the above, glad they wrapped up Gareth quickly.

I'm also glad Glenn left. That doe-eyed, bleeding heart sh*t every episode made me sick.

I cannot stand him.  I have been waiting for him to die since the begining.

So Bob was bitten. I let Tom convince me otherwise. Very upset about that.

Good episode, like others said, glad they finished the cannibals up quickly, though it was almost too easy. Gareth's plea at the end was some terrible acting and dialouge. They could have made that much darker and creepy.

Michonne getting her sword back was pretty bad ass. Cool scene.

Definitely curios about what Daryl brought back. It's obviously more than Carol. Beth too? Or maybe they kidnapped her kidnappers? Morgan?

Wtf is up with Morgan? Haha

Hopefully, it is not like the Strain where he brought back some half-undead walkers in Shane, Laurie and Merl.  :)

No spoilers jagoff!!

kidding..  you still working at the same  3 letter place?  I'm still at their competitor...

Yep, still here. 

Well I guess it wasn't a spoiler...but I knew the "TAINTED MEAT" thing was coming.

Was a little disappointed that they show them brutalize them like they did in the book; in the book they met them behind the school instead of the church; evidently it was one of Rick's darker moments. It was hard to get the same feeling in the church since it was so dark. 

by the lack of replies I see people felt like I did about Sundays episode..  I didn't really need an hour for the Beth backstory and it was hard to take the chick in the hospital who's supposed to be in charge seriously..  she lost me somewhere between her Beth beatings and constant scowling. 

Hopefully they get back to the main group soon.

It wasn't that great, but when they picked up Beth are they really still that close to Atlanta from where they got picked up in the woods?

If this hospital is looking for wounded (aka workers and contributors) it seems like they are trolling for people a long way from home base in order to do so.

by the lack of replies I see people felt like I did about Sundays episode..  I didn't really need an hour for the Beth backstory and it was hard to take the chick in the hospital who's supposed to be in charge seriously..  she lost me somewhere between her Beth beatings and constant scowling. 

Also that cop is a Thunder C unt 

One of the worse episodes so far.  Seemed terribly reptitive.  Real let down after the first couple this season.

It wasn't that great, but when they picked up Beth are they really still that close to Atlanta from where they got picked up in the woods?

If this hospital is looking for wounded (aka workers and contributors) it seems like they are trolling for people a long way from home base in order to do so.

You know right.

I guess they have gas to burn.

I agree with the thought it was a bad episode.  I get bridge episodes to get from one point to another. but this advanced the story really nowhere.  The only interesting point was the last scene.

One of the worse episodes so far.  Seemed terribly reptitive.  Real let down after the first couple this season.

Yeah, I'm hoping the plan there is to set up something good. I do like the idea of a few different story lines at once. Looks like next week will spend a lot of time with crew that left for DC.

It wasnt that I didnt like the backstory, I did.  It was interesting and creepy but I just didnt think the content was deep enough for an entire episode. What made me pissed is it seems they're going to be going back to what they did last season, which is have each episode focus on a different group. That sh*t I dont dig at all.  

Now whats really interesting, is who did Daryl comeback to the Church with if Carol is now at the "Hospital"?  

It wasnt that I didnt like the backstory, I did.  It was interesting and creepy but I just didnt think the content was deep enough for an entire episode. What made me pissed is it seems they're going to be going back to what they did last season, which is have each episode focus on a different group. That sh*t I dont dig at all.  

Now whats really interesting, is who did Daryl comeback to the Church with if Carol is now at the "Hospital"?  

Morgan?  I would guess.

Archived