The Walking Dead

SenorGato

Morgan? I would guess.

Don't think so. Morgan doesn't seem like the type of guy that would be hiding behind a bush waiting for Daryl to clear the area.

Carol got snatched up. Maybe there was type of battle and Daryl got one of theirs? Or he found a another crew somewhere along the way?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't think so. Morgan doesn't seem like the type of guy that would be hiding behind a bush waiting for Daryl to clear the area.

Carol got snatched up. Maybe there was type of battle and Daryl got one of theirs? Or he found a another crew somewhere along the way?

It could be the "Everybody hates Chris" kid that escaped.

Darryl and Carol left chasing the car.

Darryl cautiously comes out of the woods to check to see if it is safe.  I would assume it is because the kid is gimpy. 

At some point their paths intersected in a fight(?) and Carol was safeknapped.

The lesson being woman should not go off with Darryl alone.

It could be the "Everybody hates Chris" kid that escaped.

Darryl and Carol left chasing the car.

Darryl cautiously comes out of the woods to check to see if it is safe.  I would assume it is because the kid is gimpy. 

At some point their paths intersected in a fight(?) and Carol was safeknapped.

The lesson being woman should not go off with Darryl alone.

That would make sense.  Actually forgot about that aspect. The timing works to considering Carol got scooped up shortly after Chris broke free.

Chris is the guy who's going to get Rick's crew on the path to taking them down.

That would make sense.  Actually forgot about that aspect. The timing works to considering Carol got scooped up shortly after Chris broke free.

Chris is the guy who's going to get Rick's crew on the path to taking them down.

didn't mean to neg rep this but you'll live.

Meh!

I have not read the comic so last night's bomb drop was a bit of a surprise, the episode, IMHO, was about 45 minutes meh and 10 minutes worth anything.

Felt the same. If there are two characters on that show I cared about less than Abraham and Beth, I'm not sure who they are. At least we get Carol and Daryl next week.

Meh!

I have not read the comic so last night's bomb drop was a bit of a surprise, the episode, IMHO, was about 45 minutes meh and 10 minutes worth anything.

Felt the same. If there are two characters on that show I cared about less than Abraham and Beth, I'm not sure who they are. At least we get Carol and Daryl next week.

***Spoiler Alert***

BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I knew Eugene didnt have the cure the second he was intro'd to the show.  His theory of how to reverse it was ridiculous.

Back to back totally boring episodes with content that didnt need an entire episode.  They could have had the Beth/last nights episode all together last week and move the story along.  

After a great start to the season, they're losing me, again.  Do they not realize the only characters that anyone remotely gives a **** about are Darryl and Rick?  The rest of the cast sucks!!!  The acting is terrible and if you're not doing something cool its a boring pointless show about feelings.  How do you go 2-3 episodes without showing Rick or Darryl?  

These writers need to get their heads checked.  Why do yo make your viewers suffer by not showing the best characters for weeks?  Its stupid as hell. Only show I've ever seen that does this to their audience and it doesnt work.

Its this type of sh*t that prevents them from being talked about with the best of these shows. 

***Spoiler Alert***

BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I knew Eugene didnt have the cure the second he was intro'd to the show.  His theory of how to reverse it was ridiculous.

Back to back totally boring episodes with content that didnt need an entire episode.  They could have had the Beth/last nights episode all together last week and move the story along.  

After a great start to the season, they're losing me, again.  Do they not realize the only characters that anyone remotely gives a **** about are Darryl and Rick?  The rest of the cast sucks!!!  The acting is terrible and if you're not doing something cool its a boring pointless show about feelings.  How do you go 2-3 episodes without showing Rick or Darryl?  

These writers need to get their heads checked.  Why do yo make your viewers suffer by not showing the best characters for weeks?  Its stupid as hell. Only show I've ever seen that does this to their audience and it doesnt work.

Its this type of sh*t that prevents them from being talked about with the best of these shows. 

Last night was very tough to watch.  The back story on Abraham and Eugene looked like it was "Fitted" in at the last minute.  Terrible.  100% correct nobody cares about anyone other than those from the first group. 

Last night's episode was one of the show's absolute worst. It was sloppy. This was my fear. Terminus was a gimme storyline - Rick and friends show off their new level of efficiency and cohesiveness by taking out antagonists then meet up with Carol/Tyrese/baby. OK...what next?

Sometimes I worry that this show peaked during episode 1.

What's Abraham's backstory from the comic?

They don't really explain this part in the show, but they do show them in a grocery store, but never really say what happened - maybe his character will reveal this later on, I don't know. 

Prior to meeting up with the survivors, Abraham was living with his family in a community of locals in a grocery store, hiding from the undead. One day after returning from a scavenge mission at the local depot, he discovered his wife and daughter had been raped by the rest of the community and his son had been held down to watch. Abraham killed the culprits with his bare hands, practically turning one boy inside out, while his family watched. His family ran away from him that night, terrified of Abraham.

The next day he found their eaten bodies and the undead body of his daughter, whom Abraham shot in the face

They don't really explain this part in the show, but they do show them in a grocery store, but never really say what happened - maybe his character will reveal this later on, I don't know.

Prior to meeting up with the survivors, Abraham was living with his family in a community of locals in a grocery store, hiding from the undead. One day after returning from a scavenge mission at the local depot, he discovered his wife and daughter had been raped by the rest of the community and his son had been held down to watch. Abraham killed the culprits with his bare hands, practically turning one boy inside out, while his family watched. His family ran away from him that night, terrified of Abraham.

The next day he found their eaten bodies and the undead body of his daughter, whom Abraham shot in the face

Jesus. Thanks

Jesus. Thanks

Yeah. If they are going to flesh him out more I would expect he'd divulge that at some point; after all they do show them in a grocery store, but you don't really know the circumstances. Are they just there looking for food and he killed some random people to feed his family; or were those the same group of people that he started out with that raped his wife & daughter? I guess we'll see.

On another board I'm one someone pointed out that his wife's blouse looks torn so that could have been the scenario, but that's asking the audience to infer too much I think.

Going back two episodes before this one, I was pretty happy the show didn't lose its balls with the hunters (canibals). The season 5 trailer kind of made it look like the Terminus people were going to join them and go to Washington to help `save the world.` I was like WTF? Instead they massacred them with machettes.

In the comics, they actually bound them down with wires and then burned them all alive. It was meant to highlight the gang going darker and darker in their sense of justice and how they dealt with other people.

Machettes worked too. Maybe not as brutal, and I don't know if it made the point quite as effectively, but it was much better than what the season 5 trailer was trolling with.

Next episode with Daryl and Carol looks awesome.

The Walking Dead consistently suffers from the same problems season after season. The show is directionless. Any sort of plot development is wiped out almost as instantly as it's introduced. The rivalry with the cannibals had potential, but those characters were eliminated in a few short episode. The DC storyline gave the characters a legitimate goal, but now that's gone. Hopefully, they actually go somewhere with this hospital thing and Morgan coming back. I seriously doubt it though at this point. 

The Walking Dead consistently suffers from the same problems season after season. The show is directionless. Any sort of plot development is wiped out almost as instantly as it's introduced. The rivalry with the cannibals had potential, but those characters were eliminated in a few short episode. The DC storyline gave the characters a legitimate goal, but now that's gone. Hopefully, they actually go somewhere with this hospital thing and Morgan coming back. I seriously doubt it though at this point. 

I wouldn't say that, maybe they didn't want to string out any plotlines as long as they did with The Governor; if they are going to take locations and plotlines from the comics they still have a long ways to go - there are a lot of different directions it can go. 

Going back two episodes before this one, I was pretty happy the show didn't lose its balls with the hunters (canibals). The season 5 trailer kind of made it look like the Terminus people were going to join them and go to Washington to help `save the world.` I was like WTF? Instead they massacred them with machettes.

In the comics, they actually bound them down with wires and then burned them all alive. It was meant to highlight the gang going darker and darker in their sense of justice and how they dealt with other people.

Machettes worked too. Maybe not as brutal, and I don't know if it made the point quite as effectively, but it was much better than what the season 5 trailer was trolling with.

Next episode with Daryl and Carol looks awesome.

Word.  Walked by a store in the local mall trying to sell the Terminus posters.  Who will survive?  None of the people on the posters.

I would not say that is the issue, but more not wanting/intending/whatever being a carbon copy of the comic book.

I wish it would have mirrored the comic (I have not read) or be a totally different storyline.

Meh, they tied back into two and three weeks ago, so there's that. I'm divided on these episodes that focus solely on just a couple characters or a splinter group. Three weeks in a row without Rick? Does feel like with Eugene being full of sh*t, and the teaser of Daryl showing back up, that the entire group should be back together once again. But I just think the way they've done it this year has really slowed down the show's pace.

Talked to a Walking Dead superfan who said that all this preamble is setting up some bigger things, similar to one of the earlier seasons.

There are two more epsidoes this year before the break.  Better get their sh*t together quick.

Meh, they tied back into two and three weeks ago, so there's that. I'm divided on these episodes that focus solely on just a couple characters or a splinter group. Three weeks in a row without Rick? Does feel like with Eugene being full of sh*t, and the teaser of Daryl showing back up, that the entire group should be back together once again. But I just think the way they've done it this year has really slowed down the show's pace.

Talked to a Walking Dead superfan who said that all this preamble is setting up some bigger things, similar to one of the earlier seasons.

Yeah, its clear that some big take over is going to go down with the group getting together to save Beth and Carrol...but it still doesnt excuse the fact they bored you to death for 3 straight weeks. 

I really just dont get it.  The content was boring as hell.  Nobody gives a **** about the group when they're split up.  Nobody is interesting enough to carry episodes without Rick.

I've never seen writers deny their audience of the most intriguing character like this show does.  They could have easily condensed the last 3, into 1 episode and moved the story along.  At least Daryl and Carrol can act a little bit.  When they focus on the others, who cant their way out of a wet paper bag, its just a terrible show.

I'm looking forward to the last 2 episodes but holy sh*t...what a bore the last 3 have been.  I guess its cool that they're setting up for a big finale and I'm definitely looking forward to it...still.  What a waste the last 3 episodes have been. The only significant thing that's happened is Eugene's lie which was obvious as hell. 

Show reached it's peak for me when Merle died trying to kill the Gov.

This show needs more Meshonne, Darryl back on a motorcycle and Rick killing Abraham with his bare hands.

Or Rick ripping a guys throat out...with his teeth.

Show reached it's peak for me when Merle died trying to kill the Gov.

This show needs more Meshonne, Darryl back on a motorcycle and Rick killing Abraham with his bare hands.

They just need to stop depriving their audience of the only characters that are remotely interesting for weeks at a time.

The last 2 seasons have been terrible and the ratings are going up which I think is more of a result of better shows ending (BB, Boardwalk, Ray Donovan, etc) rather than the showing getting better. I think that gives the writers a false sense of success. It's been a bore for a while.

They just need to stop depriving their audience of the only characters that are remotely interesting for weeks at a time.

The last 2 seasons have been terrible and the ratings are going up which I think is more of a result of better shows ending (BB, Boardwalk, Ray Donovan, etc) rather than the showing getting better. I think that gives the writers a false sense of success. It's been a bore for a while.

Cannot argue this.  I would not go as far as terrible, but carrying over the Governor plot line was dumb.

They string along the Governor plot for two seasons and kill the Terminus plot in two episodes.

Cannot argue this. I would not go as far as terrible, but carrying over the Governor plot line was dumb.

They string along the Governor plot for two seasons and kill the Terminus plot in two episodes.

Terrible was strong. I watch every episode but I'm not glued to it or look forward to it the way I did the first 3 seasons.

Archived