The Walking Dead

SenorGato

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still boring...........

Look at the brightside, with this being the last episode of the first half, chances are the hospital storyline will come to an end thus outlasting the Terminus storyline by 2 episodes(?).

Look at the brightside, with this being the last episode of the first half, chances are the hospital storyline will come to an end thus outlasting the Terminus storyline by 2 episodes(?).

Which was infinitely more compelling than the Hospital.

This show has gone down hill fast.

It actually took me three sittings to watch it off the DVR.  Just terrible at this point.  First episode of this season to now may be one of the greatest let downs in TV history. 

Seriously.  While last season sucked, the cliff hanger was a beast.  They start it off with a bang and then fall right back into snooze fest.

Very disappointing. 

Looking forward to Sons tonight though.  That show is still the sh*t. 

Which was infinitely more compelling than the Hospital.

This show has gone down hill fast.

Seriously.  While last season sucked, the cliff hanger was a beast.  They start it off with a bang and then fall right back into snooze fest.

Very disappointing. 

Looking forward to Sons tonight though.  That show is still the sh*t. 

I was actually looking for the Sons thread.  Hate to see it go.  But with the Gemma/Jacks showdown tonight it has the potential to go out at a Breaking Bad level.  One of the best shows I have watched. This show has never taken one episode off.  full throttle the whole time. 

I was actually looking for the Sons thread. Hate to see it go. But with the Gemma/Jacks showdown tonight it has the potential to go out at a Breaking Bad level. One of the best shows I have watched. This show has never taken one episode off. full throttle the whole time.

Sons is top 3 of all time for me.

I don't know if they thought that was shocking, but it was not.

Well...it kind of ended with a bang. 

Probably the first episode since the first or second that I was 45 minutes into it and did not realize how engrossing it was.

Continues to disappoint. What a bore this show has become. That was the finale? Haha. You bored us to death for 5 straight weeks for that?

And Beth was a terrible character with zero acting talent. For the whole season to come down to that is a joke. She stabbed her in the shoulder? The shoulder? Not the jugular? Come on. They tried to make up for it with her head getting a hole blasted through it but they failed.

Boooooooo!!!!! Boooooo!!!!'

Well...it kind of ended with a bang.

Probably the first episode since the first or second that I was 45 minutes into it and did not realize how engrossing it was.

Really? I wasnt engrossed at all.

I mean the final scene was intense, in a way, but talk about anti-climatic. What a let down.

I must be watching a different "Walking Dead" than JiF, because the Walking Dead I'm watching isn't boring at all, it's quite good.

And Sons (of Anarchy, I presume) is horrible, from concept to execution, I have no idea why anyone would watch that silly trash, honestly.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess, difference is I don't rail on tripe like SoA over and over and over again......I don't like it, so I just don't watch it.

Hmmm, that may just be too logical for some. 

I must be watching a different "Walking Dead" than JiF, because the Walking Dead I'm watching isn't boring at all, it's quite good.

And Sons (of Anarchy, I presume) is horrible, from concept to execution, I have no idea why anyone would watch that silly trash, honestly.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess, difference is I don't rail on tripe like SoA over and over and over again......I don't like it, so I just don't watch it.

I'm not the only one complaining about how the show has dropped off over the last 2 seasons. Read the thread. I'm hooked and continue watching but it's getting pretty boring and I feel that was a very anti-climatic ending after a bunch of set up episodes.

SOA on the other hand is quite the opposite. Full throttle every episode, incredible story and character building, great acting, compelling plots and the craziest twists I've ever seen on TV. But you admittedly don't watch it so you wouldn't know these things.

Thanks for your input. We appreciate it.

I'm not the only one complaining about how the show has dropped off over the last 2 seasons. Read the thread. I'm hooked and continue watching but it's getting pretty boring and I feel that was a very anti-climatic ending after a bunch of set up episodes.

SOA on the other hand is quite the opposite. Full throttle every episode, incredible story and character building, great acting, compelling plots and the craziest twists I've ever seen on TV. But you admittedly don't watch it so you wouldn't know these things.

Thanks for your input. We appreciate it.

Maybe the bar was set so slow, it captivated me....or I was in a post Patriots' loss malaise.

Anyways, I am with Jif on this especially for this season.

The plot has barely progressed.  Abraham literally sat on his knees for two episodes and main characters were not even a part of the show for multiple episodes.

If they had flipped the script and made Terminus last 4+ episodes and the hospital 1+, I would have probably liked it better than what transpired.

Waling Dead has pretty much walked dead all season.  Sons of Anarchy is one of my favorites.  so intense and they have never taken an episode off. give it a try Fish.  One you may like off Netflix is Peaky Blinders.  Two short seasons but it's a really neat post WWI organized crime family drama.  Bet you like it. "Do you like your whiskey Brown, White or Irish?"

Maybe the bar was set so slow, it captivated me....or I was in a post Patriots' loss malaise.

The plot has barely progressed.  Abraham literally sat on his knees for two episodes and main characters were not even a part of the show for multiple episodes.

If they had flipped the script and made Terminus last 4+ episodes and the hospital 1+, I would have probably liked it better than what transpired.

Agreed.  Terminus was so much more creepy and intriguing than the hospital. 

I just dont get it. They built up the entire last season for Terminus, for it to be gone in like 2 shows (granted, they were awesome).  They spent an entire season building up this rescue mission and it was a big let down.  There was so much character development that was meaningless in this season.  Why waste that time? Literally nothing interesting came from it and now I assume its completely gone?  Like that's it.  Boring ass Beth is dead?  That's what came from all this?  I still cant get over she stabbed the cop in the shoulder.  Come'on.  The shoulder?  haha

Whatever, hopefully next season has some more excitement.  More Rick.  The world needs more Rick. 

Terminus was supposed to be quick. My worry was that the show had nothing afterwards, and it sure seems like it.

Which gets to JiF's point, why build it up for half a season only to terminate it in two episodes. 

I would agree with your point.  It seems the show does not want to tie into one story line for multiple seasons (Governor), but they had no alternative.

I agree with this as well. 

A huge mistake on not showing Maggie having any emotion or concern for her sister until pretty much the last episode. I mean it was said, but it wasn't gut wrenching for me because I wasn't invested in Maggie's emotions because she hadn't shown anyway. 

I still love the show but let's hope the 2nd half is better than the first half. 

I agree with this as well. 

A huge mistake on not showing Maggie having any emotion or concern for her sister until pretty much the last episode. I mean it was said, but it wasn't gut wrenching for me because I wasn't invested in Maggie's emotions because she hadn't shown anyway. 

I still love the show but let's hope the 2nd half is better than the first half. 

You know right.

I stumbled across a rumor Beth was going to die in episode 8 or 10.

After Michonne said "they found your sister"...I knew she was dead that episode.

Just watched last two episodes of Dead. Because I didn't like or care at all about Beth, I had no response to her dying, so that was a non-starter for me. Abraham is another character that I could give a sh*t about, and every time the priest is on my screen, I take a nap.

The writers of the show are so desperate to drive home this metaphor about societies and the moral cost of submitting to one, but neither they nor the majority of the actors they hire have the talent to pull it off, so it's just a disaster. The next pussy to a) spend an episode in a catatonic seizure, or b ) launch into a speech about their need to remain non-violent,has to get immediately shot in the face. They're more than three years into the zombie apocalypse now. Everybody knows the deal.

Also, killing off Shane was the turning point to the show.

Just watched last two episodes of Dead. Because I didn't like or care at all about Beth, I had no response to her dying, so that was a non-starter for me. Abraham is another character that I could give a sh*t about, and every time the priest is on my screen, I take a nap.

The writers of the show are so desperate to drive home this metaphor about societies and the moral cost of submitting to one, but neither they nor the majority of the actors they hire have the talent to pull it off, so it's just a disaster. The next pussy to a) spend an episode in a catatonic seizure, or b ) launch into a speech about their need to remain non-violent,has to get immediately shot in the face. They're more than three years into the zombie apocalypse now. Everybody knows the deal.

He was ahead of his time.

I think you made the point earlier about how the show does not develop characters. Abrham could have been an exciting character, to develop plots around. Yet, we are in the seccond season with him and we just learned what happened to him/his family and how it brought him to Eugene. Plus, the story totally blows. His wife is raped, he avenges her and she leaves because he was too murdery. Really? Maybe like Stephen King, the story from the comic did not translate, but that totally sucked and is why she was a zombie meal.

IMHO they are tryng to get too cute with the show.

Pretty spot on. It's become really slow and boring.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I watched about 10 episodes of season 4 and have 1 episode of season 5 left before I'm fully caught up.

This thread spoiled the Beth death for me, so I'll be watching this episode as a formality. I'm really disappointed with where they've gone. I predicted that Eugene was lying to get people to keep him alive the minute they introduced him. I thought the cannibals were interesting, and some of the character development along the way to getting to Terminus was interesting, but I feel like they're plodding through this stuff to draw it out. I don't think finding out that Darrell was poor white trash needs a complete episode when you're 4 years into him being part of the show.

I love that good sci-fi often finds ways to incorporate social commentary, and I see what they are going for, but I agree with some of the comments from you guys... they aren't pulling it off. Zombies eat humans, cannibals eat humans, humans kill humans, moral dilemma, redundant emotional moments, wash, rinse, repeat.

I'm hoping the back half of season 5 re-invigorates the story side of this. Ride now I feel like it's just weak attempts at trying to be heady, with poorly choreographed zombie killing in between.

Might be time to re-think the zombies as a threat. I've said from day one with this show, the zombies aren't really a factor if you can get away from them by walking fast. The reason cars are constantly breaking down or already destroyed when they find them is because a car would immediately break the paradigm of threat presented by the zombies. Hell, a 10-speed bike would do it. 

This show needs some World War Z style undead.

I watched about 10 episodes of season 4 and have 1 episode of season 5 left before I'm fully caught up.

This thread spoiled the Beth death for me, so I'll be watching this episode as a formality. I'm really disappointed with where they've gone. I predicted that Eugene was lying to get people to keep him alive the minute they introduced him. I thought the cannibals were interesting, and some of the character development along the way to getting to Terminus was interesting, but I feel like they're plodding through this stuff to draw it out. I don't think finding out that Darrell was poor white trash needs a complete episode when you're 4 years into him being part of the show.

I love that good sci-fi often finds ways to incorporate social commentary, and I see what they are going for, but I agree with some of the comments from you guys... they aren't pulling it off. Zombies eat humans, cannibals eat humans, humans kill humans, moral dilemma, redundant emotional moments, wash, rinse, repeat.

I'm hoping the back half of season 5 re-invigorates the story side of this. Ride now I feel like it's just weak attempts at trying to be heady, with poorly choreographed zombie killing in between.

Might be time to re-think the zombies as a threat. I've said from day one with this show, the zombies aren't really a factor if you can get away from them by walking fast. The reason cars are constantly breaking down or already destroyed when they find them is because a car would immediately break the paradigm of threat presented by the zombies. Hell, a 10-speed bike would do it. 

This show needs some World War Z style undead.

Try Z nation off of SYFY.  Season one already on Netflix.  My sons got me to watch it.  Sorta like walking dead light.  none of the melodrama, tons on zombie killing and even zombie babies.  LOL  So good. 

Try Z nation off of SYFY.  Season one already on Netflix.  My sons got me to watch it.  Sorta like walking dead light.  none of the melodrama, tons on zombie killing and even zombie babies.  LOL  So good. 

I'll check it out. There's a flood of new original content / shows on Amazon and Netflix I want to check out, this is one of them.

Archived