The Walking Dead

SenorGato

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Then allow me to be clear, World War Z was one of the worst movies I've ever seen, in almost every way.

The only redeeming factor that film posessed was a few brief moments of special effects.

The Walking Dead is one of the best TV shows I've watched in the modern era (i.e. since HBO and cable started making regular episodic television).

World War Z had no story of any kind and was horrifically written as a film (I hear the book is better, but cannot speak to it).  

Walking Dead is very well written, both in plotting and characterization, and is able to forge an emotional bond between the audience and the characters.

I hope this clarifies any "conflict" you think I might have my friend.   :)

21 Days Later was a MUCH better "Fast/Sick Infected" film, I should add.  Little weak at the end though.

Still doesn't make sense of your earlier points.

Whatever, I don't care enough to drag this out... you sound like you're bent because you love the Walking Dead, and seeing everyone criticize the writing makes you feel insecure about why you have no problems with it. :tongue:

I agree about 21 days later, fwiw.

Hate is a strong word for a TV show, but The Walking Dead is just a bad show now and has been for a few years now and I have stopped watching.

And yet here you are, constantly reminding us of this. If you're not watching the show any more, do you have anything else to add to the discussion? 

Still doesn't make sense of your earlier points.

Whatever, I don't care enough to drag this out... you sound like you're bent because you love the Walking Dead, and seeing everyone criticize the writing makes you feel insecure about why you have no problems with it. :tongue:

I agree about 21 days later, fwiw.

You're big on projection, it seems.

No, my friend, my sense of self-worth regarding my television choices does not depend on the critical opinions of a bunch of knuckle-dragger Jets Fans.  Lol at the very notion.

It's been a long while since we've lived on the same forum, but you'll come to get that I pretty much just hurf-a-blurf whatever I'm thinking.  It rarely has some super-sekret hidden reason, it's pretty much stream of consciousness.

I like Walking Dead, hated World War Z, see everyone downing WD, yet all still watching it every week.  Felt like commenting.

Thats all.

It's lost its way, Fish. I admire their willingness to delve into some realism, but they beat you over the head with scenes of constant despair. This is two seasons now of everyone just being depressed. We get it: they're both Walking! And Dead (emotionally)! I'm sure I'd be pretty maudlin in those circumstances as well, but I wouldn't expect it to be entertaining to watch. There are about four people on the show who can act, all of the peripheral characters are two-dimensional, and they keep replicating the same John Boehner-esque villain-type over and over again. I'll keep watching with the hope that there's some grand payoff to be had, but that doesn't mean that I have to support every wasted episode wherein they focus on a sh*tty actor butchering monologues in an attempt to make their sh*tty character relevant.

This.

Season 1 was the set-up and the conclusion with the secret at the CDC.

Season 2 was Herschel's farm, the de-evolution of Rick/Shane's friendship and the epic end of season Rick epic rant, "this isn't a democracy anymore."

Then the show starts to lose its way as season 3 bleeds into Season 4 with the story revolving around the prison and the governor.  Then onto Terminus which covered the last half of season 4.

The build-up for Terminus in season 4 lasts longer than Season 5 Terminus episode.  Then the Beth saga drags on and on and on for episodes.

If the TV show follows the book (Aaron), it could be an interesting story arc from what I have about Alexandria.  The sad thing is we could have gotten to it a season and a half ago. 

I read somewhere that the creators of the show have it mapped until season 11 or 12.  Which likely means an interesting show followed by a few fluff shows following the Seinfeld programming "a show about nothing".

You're big on projection, it seems.

No, my friend, my sense of self-worth regarding my television choices does not depend on the critical opinions of a bunch of knuckle-dragger Jets Fans.  Lol at the very notion.

It's been a long while since we've lived on the same forum, but you'll come to get that I pretty much just hurf-a-blurf whatever I'm thinking.  It rarely has some super-sekret hidden reason, it's pretty much stream of consciousness.

I like Walking Dead, hated World War Z, see everyone downing WD, yet all still watching it every week.  Felt like commenting.

Thats all.

Yeah, so we'll add me "projecting" to the list of things you've said that don't make sense.

I never told you not to comment. I just thought your interpretation of what people are discussing is off. It's mostly a discussion of the decline of the show, being had by loyal fans, so yeah... they are probably inclined to keep watching, because they are fans. You can be a fan and not be happy with the direction things are going, or the quality. As a Jets fan, you should understand this fully.

Telling people that if they "hate it" they shouldn't be watching, or acting like you're calling them out on something hypocritical is just unwarranted. 

That's all. :D

And yet here you are, constantly reminding us of this. If you're not watching the show any more, do you have anything else to add to the discussion? 

Sure, give me some time. Doesn't take much effort to open and read a thread. Why are you Walking Dead heads taking the shows criticism so personally? 

The Walking Dead is one of the best TV shows I've watched in the modern era (i.e. since HBO and cable started making regular episodic television).

Shows I personally would put ahead of it. 

The Sopranos

The Wire

Breaking Bad

Mad Men

Game of Thrones

Boardwalk Empire

Six Feet Under

Too early to tell but Fargo and The Knick have a good chance to be better. Maybe The Affair and True Detective too.

One show that disappointed me as much as The Walking Dead after a strong start to the series was Dexter, that show was great for a little while, but the writing took a nose dive, I think it happened after the scripts stopped being based off the books. That series finale was just wow, worst finale ever maybe? 

For the record, this is what it is like when the Ape does not care enough to drag this out.

Consider my comments like the Walking Dead, the first couple were well thought-out and set the hook for interest, but the rest have just been fluff to drag things out... 

If they are fast, sick and alive, they're not Zombies.

If they are slow, rotting and dead/mindless, they are Zombies.

I don;t know what that horrible abortion of a film World War Z was, but it most certainly wasn't a quality Zombie film.

Locust movie maybe, but not Zombies.

Whats funny is everyone here seems to claim to hate Walking Dead, yet they're almost all clearly still watching every second of it week after week.

Maybe if it's so bad.....stop watching?

Says you.  Zombies from" I Legend" were pretty bad ass. 

Says you.  Zombies from" I Legend" were pretty bad ass. 

Ha.  Remake of the only movie that ever scared me.  Charlton Heston is the Omega Man.  Not particularly scary, but my father held me up in my seat and held my eyes open during the scary parts (Anthony Zerbe?)  "No son of mine is going to be scared at a movie"  I think I was five.  I was scared of those damn pale faces, but snuck in to see the Exorcist when I was about ten and I thought it was hysterical. 

Ha.  Remake of the only movie that ever scared me.  Charlton Heston is the Omega Man.  Not particularly scary, but my father held me up in my seat and held my eyes open during the scary parts (Anthony Zerbe?)  "No son of mine is going to be scared at a movie"  I think I was five.  I was scared of those damn pale faces, but snuck in to see the Exorcist when I was about ten and I thought it was hysterical. 

"Omega man"  Yes!!!  I accdidently watched the preveiw in a Drive-in and was scared for weeks.  Not even joking.  Still haven;t watch it.  LOL

This.

Season 2 was Herschel's farm, the de-evolution of Rick/Shane's friendship and the epic end of season Rick epic rant, "this isn't a democracy anymore."

Then the show starts to lose its way as season 3 bleeds into Season 4 with the story revolving around the prison and the governor.  Then onto Terminus which covered the last half of season 4.

The build-up for Terminus in season 4 lasts longer than Season 5 Terminus episode.  Then the Beth saga drags on and on and on for episodes.

If the TV show follows the book (Aaron), it could be an interesting story arc from what I have about Alexandria.  The sad thing is we could have gotten to it a season and a half ago. 

I read somewhere that the creators of the show have it mapped until season 11 or 12.  Which likely means an interesting show followed by a few fluff shows following the Seinfeld programming "a show about nothing".

12 SEASONS? They're gonna take 2 or 3 seasons just to get near DC at that rate. It's  well done, but this is right now repetitive and not very compelling at all. I understand they want to make money but that tiemtable is ridiculous. The last few seasons of SOA was like that; the same thing every week, though it paid off in the end. It could've gotten there a whole bunch sooner. 

Sure, give me some time. Doesn't take much effort to open and read a thread. Why are you Walking Dead heads taking the shows criticism so personally? 

I'm not taking it personally. 

But if you're not watching it anymore, what insight can you provide on the newer episodes? 

This.

Agree about Aaron; based on on the comics, it's pretty easy to surmise where this is going. 

Without giving anything away, this should help move the season along quite nicely. 

12 SEASONS? They're gonna take 2 or 3 seasons just to get near DC at that rate. It's  well done, but this is right now repetitive and not very compelling at all. I understand they want to make money but that tiemtable is ridiculous. The last few seasons of SOA was like that; the same thing every week, though it paid off in the end. It could've gotten there a whole bunch sooner. 

And it will undoubtedly be a dream.....*sigh*.

Good episode.

**Possible Spoiler**

Interested in seeing how the season progresses, if it is revolving around a "PTSD" as the Carl preview suggests, wake me up when it is over.

I wouldn't think so, those previews always seem to lead you into a direction to think one thing, and then the other happens.

Like last week when its teased 'they've led us into a trap!', making you think the new community was out to capture or kill them...when in fact if they take highway 16 (as Aaron suggested) instead of 23, none of that would have ever happened.

Pretty good Carmageddeon in this episode. 

Archived