Broncos Flags

DireJet38

No. You are wrong.

If you kick him in the nuts you must knock the ball down. That is fine.

If you kick him in the nuts and intercept the ball they will throw the flag. They have to protect the QB's passer rating.

No, you are wrong. You simply can't throw a flag for kicking him in the nuts at that point in the game. Yes it's not legal, but...just can't throw it at that point in a game. Any other point, yes, you can throw it. 2 seconds before, you can throw it. 1 second before, you can probably throw it. But at that specific point? Nope, can't throw it.

No, you are wrong. You simply can't throw a flag for kicking him in the nuts at that point in the game. Yes it's not legal, but...just can't throw it at that point in a game. Any other point, yes, you can throw it. 2 seconds before, you can throw it. 1 second before, you can probably throw it. But at that specific point? Nope, can't throw it.

Yeah I looked into this and I am not wrong. There were some posts indicating that I may have been wrong but other sources but I deleted them. So you are wrong in-so-far-as I am not wrong.

Refs obviously shouldn't have called this. :rolleyes:

20101017__broncos_JETS15405~p1.jpg

You can't make that call. Yes, it's a penalty, and clearly prevented, illegally, Holmes from catching the ball. But, you CAN'T call it there. If it were 10 seconds earlier, you can call it. 5 seconds? Call it. 1 second? OK, fine call it. Alright maybe 1 second is still too close, so you shouldn't call it. And 2 seems a little too close to 1. So let's say 2 and 1/2 seconds before that was called is when you can call it. After that specific time, you can't call Pass Interference. And you can't call Holding either so it evens out for the offense. And someone let Mangold know by the next New England game so he can judo-chop Wilfork in the jugular. Don't bother looking in the rule book either because it's not in there. This is something everyone knows.

You can't make that call. Yes, it's a penalty, and clearly prevented, illegally, Holmes from catching the ball. But, you CAN'T call it there. If it were 10 seconds earlier, you can call it. 5 seconds? Call it. 1 second? OK, fine call it. Alright maybe 1 second is still too close, so you shouldn't call it. And 2 seems a little too close to 1. So let's say 2 and 1/2 seconds before that was called is when you can call it. After that specific time, you can't call Pass Interference. And you can't call Holding either so it evens out for the offense. And someone let Mangold know by the next New England game so he can judo-chop Wilfork in the jugular. Don't bother looking in the rule book either because it's not in there. This is something everyone knows.

Whatever you say, Mr. Francesa.

That's ridiculous, if you would call that in the first second, you should call it in the last second!

They were saying on ESPN that they should've called a facemask rather than PI, but I don't agree. The ball was in the air. If a defender holds a receiver while the ball's in the air, it's PI, not holding. You grab a guy's facemask with the ball in the air, that's PI, too.

There was a lot of contact before that facemask was grabbed, too.

+1. You'd be doing the Broncos a huge, undeserved favor by calling facemask over PI. It would set a poor precedence.

That was a very bad call. It was a clean shot while he was still in bounds. Just terrible.

The real sh*tty part of that horrible call was burning the time-out on the replay. It kept us from being able to toss a flag on Thomas's TD which really looked like it could have been reversed. The officiating just sucked.

+1

Rule book PI is when a DB interferes when the ball is in the air. If the ball hand't been thrown yet then it is a holding penalty. There is no facemasking penalty in that situation. It's either PI or not. End of story. The DB should have done a better job.

I was actually thinking we got lucky that they DIDN'T call holding instead of PI, thanx for clearing that up...

Unrelated to the DPI, but concerning the officiating: Earlier in the game, with an offensive penalty (I believe a hold) and a personal foul against the Jets defense, the play resulted in ONLY the personal foul being enforced. For the life of me, I can never remember this happening before. I've always seen two penelties by opposing teams cancel each other out, and replay of the down. Was I the only one who flipped out over that one?

right now on my TV, on pause, is the Leonhard helmut play. First of all the Denver LG #78 has Jason Taylor in an armlock all the way to the QB, a CLEAR case of holding and then after Orton lets go of the ball the big fat dude jumps right on Jason Taylor-i mean he grabs AIR and jumps on his back on the ground-that's two penalties even before Leonhard's BS call

Whatever it was it was a penalty but it wasn't a hands down no brainer like some want to make it out to be. On a 4th and whatever, on a bomb to basically win the game either way...where both players are falling down, it must be a tough one to swollow for Broncos fans. The refs were such a disgrace the entire game who knows. I can't remember ever seeing 3 OPIs in one game. Especially after watching Moss play twice already this year, those OPI were a complete joke, all 3. If there is one thing hurting the NFL it's the sh*tty refs imo.

You know what, with all the gifts the refs gave them all day, a legitimate PI call there shouldn't really bother them and if it does, f**k them.

EY texted me last night that he saw an 8-year-old boy sobbing uncontrollably as he left the stadium yesterday and my reaction was "good, it will build character."

You know what, with all the gifts the refs gave them all day, a legitimate PI call there shouldn't really bother them and if it does, f**k them.

EY texted me last night that he saw an 8-year-old boy sobbing uncontrollably as he left the stadium yesterday and my reaction was "good, it will build character."

Like I said, it was definitely a PI, just a tough one to swollow. And btw yeah, most of their fanbase agrees.

Poll taken from Broncos Country or whatever it's called

View Poll Results: Was it PI?

Yes. 74 60.66%

No. 15 12.30%

Penalty, but illegal hands to the face, not PI. 33 27.05%

Voters: 122.

Unrelated to the DPI, but concerning the officiating: Earlier in the game, with an offensive penalty (I believe a hold) and a personal foul against the Jets defense, the play resulted in ONLY the personal foul being enforced. For the life of me, I can never remember this happening before. I've always seen two penelties by opposing teams cancel each other out, and replay of the down. Was I the only one who flipped out over that one?

anybody? :confused0082:

They were saying on ESPN that they should've called a facemask rather than PI, but I don't agree. The ball was in the air. If a defender holds a receiver while the ball's in the air, it's PI, not holding. You grab a guy's facemask with the ball in the air, that's PI, too.

There was a lot of contact before that facemask was grabbed, too.

thats because espn is a bunch of idiots. if holmes had already caught the ball and he grabbed his facemask....yeah it's a facemask. but witht heball in the air if the defender makes contact that inhibits the receiver from catching the ball it's PI. the fact that it was holmes facemask that hill made contact with and pulled is not relevant here.

For all these complaints the penalties balanced themselves out by the end of the game. The Jets got called for one more penalty but the Broncos got called for more penalty yards. I think it all balanced out.

I thought about that. It did seem that the penalties evened out, but they STILL completely ruined the game. Good stops are wasted. Drives that should have had 1st downs ended up 3rd and 20. It was a piss poor job and that call on Leonhard was complete BS. The 2 offensive PI calls were horrible and the PI on Drew Coleman questionable. The offensive PI on Graham was fairly blatant, but was probably a makeup call. The facemask PI was impossible to let slide, though it appeared the ref was behind the play and probably didn't actually see the hand in the facemask. Balanced does not equal good.

If his eyesight is so good, how come he couldn't see a 6'3" Braylon Edwards right in front of him earlier in the game?

Just sayin' :)

Right. Superior hand eye coordination probably would have precluded Braylon's a$$ from stripping him too.

right now on my TV, on pause, is the Leonhard helmut play. First of all the Denver LG #78 has Jason Taylor in an armlock all the way to the QB, a CLEAR case of holding and then after Orton lets go of the ball the big fat dude jumps right on Jason Taylor-i mean he grabs AIR and jumps on his back on the ground-that's two penalties even before Leonhard's BS call

Thank you!!! I saw that holding during the play and I wasn't worried about the big catch at first because I figured it would be called back. But no of course not why not just make up a penalty instead of calling the real one? Complete nonsense.

It got so bad that after every Broncos incompletion I just had to hope no PI was going to be called. After Revis smashed Royal I was happy, but concerned they would call the hitting the defenseless receiver bs. The Refs are fat fingering the games way too much.

Part of it is the crew. This was the same crew we had on opening night. The day of that game I read that this crew led the league in PI calls last year. I think they are out to outdo last years total.

Thank you!!! I saw that holding during the play and I wasn't worried about the big catch at first because I figured it would be called back. But no of course not why not just make up a penalty instead of calling the real one? Complete nonsense.

but the most ridiculous part of that play was the guy jumping on Taylor's and Scotts backs to try and hurt them-see if you can see the whole play-I mean it was like he was doing a bellyflop into a pool-it was so blatant

Archived