You KNOW The Miami And New England Fans Here

Good post, pretty much agree with everything you said.

Hey, just two short years ago the Jets were actually on top of the November mountain at 8-3.

That was one hell of a nasty fall.

I'm trying to forget :P

A lot to do with that fall were the injuries, which is why I included that earlier. If Brady, Ngata, Mangold, Polamalu, or of course Manning go down for their respective teams, that team falls off, big time. If minor injuries to role players even pile up, forcing the starters to take a heavier and heavier load, even. Anything can happen -- but this is the first time 6 weeks in I can think of that we as Jets fans could even have these discussions. In 98 I was just a kid, and didn't really know many other Jets fans, and two years ago they were about as erratic as a team could be. It wasn't until the Thursday night game against the Pats and the following weeks dismantling of the Titans that Jets fans started to believe.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You could tell how far off that pass was by the way it hit Santonio in the hands.

Congrats on your Week 6 Championship.

Not to mention that the Jets won off a short week on the road in one of the toughest places to play in the NFL.

Since you're so proud that the Pats have only lost one game maybe you can tell us how many points is the Pats one loss by and who was it against again?

The NFL is not the BCS where point differential means anything.

Bottom line, after Week 6, the Pats and Jets have the exact same number of losses.

Boy, am I glad that they actually play all 16 games in a season.

Glad to see Phins fans are back to good spirits after a heartbreaker against the Jets, and a throttling at the hands of the Pats. In all seriousness, I've got a Dolphins-fan roommate who practically gave up on the season after the loss to the Pats. It's been odd...I believed in the Phins more last week than he did. And of course, now the Phins are the greatest again. We can be that way sometimes too, I'm afraid, but I thought it was awfully early to jump off the bandwagon even temporarily.

Bottom line, after Week 6, the Pats and Jets have the exact same number of losses.

Head-to-head, the Pats have one more loss than the Jets.

Who has the best record in the NFL right now? Feel free not to include moral victories when composing your answer.

The NFL is not the BCS where point differential means anything.

And who did the Pats lose to again?

Wait a second, didn't you describe a 3-point overtime win at home coming off a bye as a "bitchslapping" earlier in this thread?

Well then by those standards (set by you) surely a 14-point win at home after both teams played the previous week must be complete and utter annihilation.

So according to PatsFanTx, the Jets completely and utterly annihilated the Pats in week 2.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Wow, only lost by 1 point?

Congrats on your moral victory.

BTW, where do they show up in the standings?

By what measure????????

The ONLY measure to use when evaluating a team's offensive and defensive rankings is points scored and points allowed.

Jets lead the NFL in point differential. According to you that is the only measure. A 1 point loss > 14 point loss.

Why?

Please explain to me how NFL tie-breakers are implemented in Week 6 to determine year-end playoff seedings?

I look forward to your intelligent response.

When the Jets beat the Pats even worse in December and have the sweep over the Pats BECAUSE as you clearly stated, the Jets completely and utterly annihilated the Pats in September they will hold the tiebreaker dickbrain.

Glad to see Phins fans are back to good spirits after a heartbreaker against the Jets, and a throttling at the hands of the Pats. In all seriousness, I've got a Dolphins-fan roommate who practically gave up on the season after the loss to the Pats. It's been odd...I believed in the Phins more last week than he did. And of course, now the Phins are the greatest again. We can be that way sometimes too, I'm afraid, but I thought it was awfully early to jump off the bandwagon even temporarily.

I think were all finding out how good our division (and the AFC) really is this year. Jets & Pats are pretty damn tough and the Phins are a beast on the road.

Boy, am I glad that they actually play all 16 games in a season.

I'd say we'll see how much you're enjoying that as your team embarks on a four game losing streak, but we all know you won't be showing your avatar around here during the upcoming slide.

Hey Kleck, which QB had a better game yesterday, Brady or Taco?

First off it's EL MINERO. Secondly

Brady had a 6.6 YPC 61.4% completion and 1 td and 2 picks

EL MINERO had a 6.6 YPC a 56.7% completion and 1 td and 2 picks.

So you're QB was more accurate over the course of his game but it's almost nearly identical statistics. Please do not make this into a "who is a better QB" counter. You were talking about who had a better game. I think it's safe to say both our QB's had mediocre games and did things when it mattered. Brady was more clutch than Sanchez but Brady is well... Tom Brady. You're comparing a future HoF to a sophmore.

In Brady's 2nd year, just like Taco, he led the Pats to a Super Bowl title.

I don't count cheating as you do, isn't worth dick.

Sanchez in what was suppose to be his senior year of College was in the AFC Champ game, Brady was home watching him.

Edited by Child please

What it really comes down to is that the Jets are a better football team than the New England Patriots.

Based on what?

6 weeks into the regular season?

Simple math says 1 game.

Glad you're back in the football forum btw

Hmmm yes. I must agree with this dissertation of total non-biased football knowledge. Considering the quality and conditions of each of the wins it is clear to see that the rankings in the AFC east are

1.Patriots

2.Dolphins

3.Jets

4.That other team

Clearly, the quality of the win will determine the above mentioned rankings. I have inputted the grittyness of both the Dolphins and Patriots wins as well as other extenuating factors into my "Ranking Master 5000 version 2.0.7" and it has yielded the above results.

Oh. I also forgot that Pats and Phins were coming off bye weeks. Those clearly catapult them above the Jets as those never help. Never.

You still got it TX, keep stirring :D

Vic you gotta upgrade to version 2.1.0, "grittyness" has now been replaced with "welkeritude"