Feel SORRY For Rich Cimini Jets Fans

SoFlaJets

Rapid Reaction: Jets 24, Broncos 20

By Rich Cimini

What It Means: The New York Jets played a sloppy game and could’ve easily lost, but they showed fourth-quarter mettle (and received a gift from the officials) to pull out a 24-20 victory over the Denver Broncos. It was their fifth straight win, tying their longest winning streak of the decade. They have the best record in the AFC at 5-1. It came down to one play -- a 46-yard pass-interference penalty on Renaldo Hill. It was a fourth-down heave by Mark Sanchez, and it probably would’ve been incomplete, but Hill snagged Santonio Holmes' facemask.

The Sanchez Report: After a sensational start to his second season, Mark Sanchez crashed early, rallied late. He first two passes were would-be interceptions that were dropped, an ominous sign. He finished the day with two interceptions, leading to three Denver points. It was his first multiple-interception game since Dec. 20, 2009, when he threw three against the Atlanta Falcons -- a span of 10 straight games without two or more picks. Curiously, Sanchez looked tentative from the outset. But down 17-10 at the start of the fourth quarter, he rallied the Jets to 14 points, two TD runs by LaDainian Tomlinson. It was the first fourth-quarterback comeback win of Sanchez’ career.

Revis Struggles Again: For the second straight week, CB Darrelle Revis looked human. Clearly he wasn’t close to 100% because of his pulled hamstring. Revis probably shouldn’t have played, but Rex Ryan made the decision two hours before the game to activate him. Revis started -- so much for that talk about a part-time role -- and he was in man-to-man coverage on Jabar Gaffney most of the game. Revis surrendered four completions for 66 yards, including a 17-yard touchdown by rookie Demaryius Thomas. They should’ve provided help over the top, or played more zone than usual, but Ryan is stubborn that way. He won’t adjust.

Bad Move, Rex: Ryan goofed by not challenging Thomas’ 17-yard touchdown reception. He juggled the ball ever-so-slightly and it appeared that he didn’t get his second foot down before regaining possession. Ryan probably was gunshy because he had used a challenge (unsuccessfully) moments earlier on a pass to Brandon Lloyd.

Here, You Take It: Turnovers (or lack thereof) helped the Jets to a 4-1 record. On Sunday, turnovers hurt them. After committing only one turnover in the first five games, they imploded -- two interceptions by Sanchez and a killer fumble by WR Santonio Holmes, who handled the ball carelessly at the end of a 16-yard run on an end-around. They also fell asleep and failed to recover an on-side kick. It was an uncharacteristic performance by a team that usually doesn’t kill itself with blunders.

Grounded: The Jets were so preoccupied by the Broncos’ passing game that they underplayed the run. Wisely, the Broncos capitalized, rushing 37 times for 145 yards. With four minutes left in the game, LB David Harris missed badly on Kyle Orton, who ran for 13 yards on a third-and-11. That set up the Broncos’ go-ahead FG with 3:55 remaining.

Wildcat Strikes: It was Brad Smith vs. Tim Tebow in a battle of dueling Wildcats. The former college quarterbacks -- Missouri and Florida, respectively -- got plenty of work behind center. In fact, Tebow scored his first NFL touchdown on a 5-yard run on a sweep to the right. The Jets seemed ill-prepared for the Wildcat, which shouldn’t have been the case. They’ve seen plenty of it, having faced the Miami Dolphins. Tebow finished with 6 rushes for 23 yards, Smith 3 for 18. Broncos coach Josh McDaniels used the Wildcat to jump-start his dormant running game.

What’s Next: Rest. The Jets have a bye week. For the players, that means a one-week vacation -- literally. Ryan, backing up his player’s-coach reputation, has given the players off until next Monday. It’s rare for an NFL coach to do that, but as we know, Ryan isn’t like other coaches.

Every week, just about every QB in the league throws a couple "would be" interceptions... but ONLY when Mark Sanchez does it, does it get harped on needlessly as though its not part of the game and ONLY Sanchez and the Jets make those kinds of near mistakes.

So tired of reading and hearing about this crap.

Every QB makes bad throws, they are only worth lamenting if the defenders actually DO intercept them. Otherwise, they are just incompletions... like most passes throw every week.

1) Gift?? What is this gift that he speaks of? Is he talking about the PI where the DB clearly grabs Holmes' facemask?

2) Any NFL coach depends on the staff upstairs to alert them to challenge a play, so I'm not sure how Rex "goofed". In the post game interview, he said that he did not hear anything from upstairs.

3) Rex should've been playing zone on the Thomas touchdown, but he is stubborn???? You are a hack reporter, douchebag. When an NFL team needs you to determine how they should run their defense, I'm sure your phone will be ringing off the hook.

What a tool.

Every week, just about every QB in the league throws a couple "would be" interceptions... but ONLY when Mark Sanchez does it, does it get harped on needlessly as though its not part of the game and ONLY Sanchez and the Jets make those kinds of near mistakes.

it's only brought up cause he opened 8/0.. nobody talked as much about near int's last year when he was actually throwing them.

It was no lock that that TD gets overturned, and the Jets were down to a single timeout in a game where the officials seemed to favor the home team at that point. Can't blame him for not challenging that one.

Every QB makes bad throws, they are only worth lamenting if the defenders actually DO intercept them. Otherwise, they are just incompletions... like most passes throw every week.

Very well said, and I can't understand why this is made such a big deal of for Sanchez, but not other QBs. Hell, Peyton Manning had AT LEAST three sure picks dropped in last night's game. While it was mentioned briefly during the telecast, do you think we're going to hear about it at any point in the future? No chance.

It was no lock that that TD gets overturned, and the Jets were down to a single timeout in a game where the officials seemed to favor the home team at that point. Can't blame him for not challenging that one.

Agreed and it ended up we really needed that time out. The officiating was terrible, they even called that obvious trap a completion on the last drive. No telling what that call would have been even though it was obvious to everyone and their mother he was bobbling before he had both feet down.

Sanchez played like sh*t yesterday. Hopefully the bye week will settle him down.

Revis sucks. End of story. It hilarious to me that people are saying "he'll only get better", like we are talking about a rookie or something. Really sad such a great player had to victimize himself to such scrutiny. Dumbass.

It was a tough call but the right one. Seriously I tried really hard to look at it from both perpectives. But even Bronco fans think it was the right call.

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=175003

View Poll Results: Was it PI?

Yes. 80 59.70%

No. 16 11.94%

Penalty, but illegal hands to the face, not PI. 38 28.36%

Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Agreed and it ended up we really needed that time out. The officiating was terrible, they even called that obvious trap a completion on the last drive. No telling what that call would have been even though it was obvious to everyone and their mother he was bobbling before he had both feet down.

Sanchez played like sh*t yesterday. Hopefully the bye week will settle him down.

Revis sucks. End of story. It hilarious to me that people are saying "he'll only get better", like we are talking about a rookie or something. Really sad such a great player had to victimize himself to such scrutiny. Dumbass.

Revis wasn't that bad yesterday. I thought he was solid in the second half.

He was better in the 2nd half.

But when Brandon Loyd, Demmarius Thomas and Jabar Gaffney are beating you routinely, you suck. End of story.

He did make some good plays. Cant be all hate on this guy alot of positives happen when hes on the field.

Cimini is a DOUCHE.

He did make some good plays. Cant be all hate on this guy alot of positives happen when hes on the field.

Cimini is a DOUCHE.

yep. 2nd half he made some nice plays.

Dude, he wasn't getting beaten routinely.

Yes, he pretty much did. Its well documented and was replayed for all to see. Orton had only 14 completions and almost half were on Revis, including a long ball and the TD.

Its all good. We won. But he sucks right now. Hopefully that will change.

But when Brandon Loyd, Demmarius Thomas and Jabar Gaffney are beating you routinely, you suck. End of story.

Routinely?! C'mon man, go back and watch that game. He got beat for the TD which if challenged MIGHT have been called back! Other than that he wasnt too bad, he'll be better against GB.

Well, it's not like Peyton Manning threw three interceptions that turned out to be drops or anything last night. He's immortal so it didn't happen.

WTF is up with this BS about getting a gift from officials? Am I watching the wrong #*($&*% video? Seeing the wrong picture? I keep hearing how this was a gift, what the hell are people talking about???? That was as blatant as it could be.

What, having your helmet pulled around to the other side of your head hinders you from catching a pass?

Very well said, and I can't understand why this is made such a big deal of for Sanchez, but not other QBs. Hell, Peyton Manning had AT LEAST three sure picks dropped in last night's game. While it was mentioned briefly during the telecast, do you think we're going to hear about it at any point in the future? No chance.

Sanchez is the only QB that Rich Cimini sees throwing near picks. When Cimini watches non-Jet QBs cherubs massage his nuts, distracting him whenever a near pick is thrown.

Sanchez is the only QB that Rich Cimini sees throwing near picks. When Cimini watches non-Jet QBs cherubs massage his nuts, distracting him whenever a near pick is thrown.

I've really grown to dislike Cimini and his protege' Jane the rollerball queen

You don't like Jane? I always thought she was pretty cool.

no, ever since she moved over to ESPN she has changed. Every thing that has gone askew this season like the Revis holdout, Inex Sanz, Braylon's DWI and I know I'm forgetting another thing, she has taken an "It's all the Jets' fault" stance just like Cimini does. It's like she has turned into his minion-especially on Twitter you can see it Max.

Routinely?! C'mon man, go back and watch that game. He got beat for the TD which if challenged MIGHT have been called back! Other than that he wasnt too bad, he'll be better against GB.

He was getting picked on early because he couldnt cover anyone. He almost let that catch to Thomas at the end of the game happen on the 3 yard line but luckily Thomas couldnt hold on. He sucked yesterday and was routinely getting beat.

According to Cimini's stats, he gave up 4 catches.

I thought I saw 6 catches 64 yards and a TD yesterday on the screen, but Cimini is reliable source :rolleyes:

I thought I saw 6 catches 64 yards and a TD yesterday on the screen, but Cimini is reliable source :rolleyes:

For stats, Cimini is usually pretty good. He posts them after he watches the game again. He usually breaks down formations, number of plays the position players are in for, things like that. He posted stats for all of the DB's. This was pretty late when I read it though, but I'm pretty sure Revis had 4 catches given up.

no, ever since she moved over to ESPN she has changed. Every thing that has gone askew this season like the Revis holdout, Inex Sanz, Braylon's DWI and I know I'm forgetting another thing, she has taken an "It's all the Jets' fault" stance just like Cimini does. It's like she has turned into his minion-especially on Twitter you can see it Max.

Its ESPN, they're all mad because we made their Favrey look like an a$$.

What’s Next: Rest. The Jets have a bye week. For the players, that means a one-week vacation -- literally. Ryan, backing up his player’s-coach reputation, has given the players off until next Monday. It’s rare for an NFL coach to do that, but as we know, Ryan isn’t like other coaches.

Well, Rex gave 6 days off when the team was 4-4 last year. At least they earned it this time.

What is also pathetic about Cimini is right before the game he writes that there is a riff between Mangold and Schotty because Schotty doesn't let Mangold make line assignment changes and Mangold joked that Schotty was "holding him back."

Mangold today had to tell everyone the obvious that he was joking.

Cimini makes six figures to watch the Jets and he's been doing it for, what, 20 years? Let's face it--NOBODY ever stops to read positive articles. They're boring and bad for business whether you run a newspaper, a radio station or a website. Dave Hutchinson is probably the most positive Jets reporter out there and he's been quoted on this message board, what, 3 times in its existence? Yet every week there's a "F*ck Cimini" and a "F*ck Francesa" thread with a bunch of angered responses. Human nature. Adversity is marketable.

Rapid Reaction: Jets 24, Broncos 20

By Rich Cimini

What It Means: The New York Jets played a sloppy game and could’ve easily lost, but they showed fourth-quarter mettle (and received a gift from the officials) to pull out a 24-20 victory over the Denver Broncos. It was their fifth straight win, tying their longest winning streak of the decade. They have the best record in the AFC at 5-1. It came down to one play -- a 46-yard pass-interference penalty on Renaldo Hill. It was a fourth-down heave by Mark Sanchez, and it probably would’ve been incomplete, but Hill snagged Santonio Holmes' facemask.

The Sanchez Report: After a sensational start to his second season, Mark Sanchez crashed early, rallied late. He first two passes were would-be interceptions that were dropped, an ominous sign. He finished the day with two interceptions, leading to three Denver points. It was his first multiple-interception game since Dec. 20, 2009, when he threw three against the Atlanta Falcons -- a span of 10 straight games without two or more picks. Curiously, Sanchez looked tentative from the outset. But down 17-10 at the start of the fourth quarter, he rallied the Jets to 14 points, two TD runs by LaDainian Tomlinson. It was the first fourth-quarterback comeback win of Sanchez’ career.

Revis Struggles Again: For the second straight week, CB Darrelle Revis looked human. Clearly he wasn’t close to 100% because of his pulled hamstring. Revis probably shouldn’t have played, but Rex Ryan made the decision two hours before the game to activate him. Revis started -- so much for that talk about a part-time role -- and he was in man-to-man coverage on Jabar Gaffney most of the game. Revis surrendered four completions for 66 yards, including a 17-yard touchdown by rookie Demaryius Thomas. They should’ve provided help over the top, or played more zone than usual, but Ryan is stubborn that way. He won’t adjust.

Bad Move, Rex: Ryan goofed by not challenging Thomas’ 17-yard touchdown reception. He juggled the ball ever-so-slightly and it appeared that he didn’t get his second foot down before regaining possession. Ryan probably was gunshy because he had used a challenge (unsuccessfully) moments earlier on a pass to Brandon Lloyd.

Here, You Take It: Turnovers (or lack thereof) helped the Jets to a 4-1 record. On Sunday, turnovers hurt them. After committing only one turnover in the first five games, they imploded -- two interceptions by Sanchez and a killer fumble by WR Santonio Holmes, who handled the ball carelessly at the end of a 16-yard run on an end-around. They also fell asleep and failed to recover an on-side kick. It was an uncharacteristic performance by a team that usually doesn’t kill itself with blunders.

Grounded: The Jets were so preoccupied by the Broncos’ passing game that they underplayed the run. Wisely, the Broncos capitalized, rushing 37 times for 145 yards. With four minutes left in the game, LB David Harris missed badly on Kyle Orton, who ran for 13 yards on a third-and-11. That set up the Broncos’ go-ahead FG with 3:55 remaining.

Wildcat Strikes: It was Brad Smith vs. Tim Tebow in a battle of dueling Wildcats. The former college quarterbacks -- Missouri and Florida, respectively -- got plenty of work behind center. In fact, Tebow scored his first NFL touchdown on a 5-yard run on a sweep to the right. The Jets seemed ill-prepared for the Wildcat, which shouldn’t have been the case. They’ve seen plenty of it, having faced the Miami Dolphins. Tebow finished with 6 rushes for 23 yards, Smith 3 for 18. Broncos coach Josh McDaniels used the Wildcat to jump-start his dormant running game.

when Big Ben led the Steelers to the SB the first time I recall him putting 3 or 4 balls directly into DB hands in the playoff games leading up to it, and they dropped every one of them. You are right. Happens all the time, even to Peyton Manning. But they do not QB in NY.

when Big Ben led the Steelers to the SB the first time I recall him putting 3 or 4 balls directly into DB hands in the playoff games leading up to it, and they dropped every one of them. You are right. Happens all the time, even to Peyton Manning. But they do not QB in NY.

Eli QBs in NYC and he gets credit for a super bowl win despite Tyree's insane catch and the Pats dropping how many INTs? I remember at least two in the final drive.

Please. They did make a few catches on him, what did he give up 4 or 5 the whole game? When they did catch he was right on them and they were making nice plays on the ball. He wasn't getting beat like he did in the Minny game. He definitely looked a lot healthier and I can't wait to see how he does against Green Bay, I have a feeling Rodgers won't be looking his way much at all.

Archived