One More Reason Not To Like Lance Armstrong

The Gun Of Bavaria

First he plays the heroic cancer survivor card to build compassion, then he dumps his wife who stood side by side with him while he fought his cancer to shack up with Sheryl Crow, now this.

I hope he dumps his bike and breaks his leg on the first stage.

On a side note, if NYC loses out to the Vichy Frogs then I say it's time to let the Germans take back what is rightfully theirs.

http://msn.foxsports.com/olympics/story/3441020

PARIS (AP) - Lance Armstrong threw his support behind Paris' bid for the 2012 Olympics on Wednesday, the same day International Olympic Committee members started assessing the city's bid for the games.

In an interview with The Associated Press, the six-time Tour de France winner acknowledged he is torn between the competing Paris and New York bids, but said the French capital deserves to be picked.

Paris would be "outstanding," said Armstrong, who hails from Austin, Texas. New York also merits support given "everything they went through the last four, five years," he said, referring to the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks. But he added: "If they don't win in 2012, they could win in 2016."

Moscow, Madrid and London also are competing. The Olympic host will be decided in a vote by the full IOC in Singapore on July 6.

French officials showed the 13-member IOC panel their plans for 2012, including presentations about the sites that would be used and the plans to build a $2.52 billion Olympic village on an old railway yard in northern Paris.

Mayor Bertrand Delanoe, sports minister Jean-Francois Lamour, bid director Philippe Baudillon and others took part in the meeting at the hotel where the IOC panel is staying. Inspectors arrived Tuesday for a four-day tour of the city considered the favorite to stage the Summer Games.

Lamour spoke of creating a "new sporting infrastructure" for Paris. He highlighted plans to hold swimming and diving at an aquatic center near the Stade de France in the gritty northern suburb of Saint-Denis.

The IOC inspectors also were shown plans for a proposed Superdome to host gymnastics near Porte de la Chapelle, another somewhat run-down area of northern Paris. Yet to be built, the 25,000-seat arena would be used for basketball, handball volleyball and music concerts after the games.

Paris has been under the Olympic spell. The 2012 logo adorns the facades of the National Assembly and City Hall; lights in the colors of the logo are projected at night from the bridges of the Seine; and, metros and buses have been decorated with Olympic bid slogans.

Armstrong said Paris was "arguably the best candidate" for the 2008 Olympics, which went to Beijing instead.

"To be fair, I think that Paris deserves the Olympics," he said before starting Wednesday's stage of the Paris-Nice race.

Armstrong has a soft spot for Paris. For six straight years he has ridden onto the famed Champs-Elys?es as winner of the Tour de France. But as an American, he has feelings for New York, too.

"You've put me in a hard place, but I think Paris should be an outstanding city. But I also think that in some points New York deserves to have something as special as the Olympics," he said.

Paris also picked up support from Arsenal and Chelsea soccer stars.

"My family wants to see it. Now in my lifetime, I hope to have the chance to see it," said striker Thierry Henry in a video released by the Paris bid organizers.

Paris previously hosted the Olympics in 1900 and 1924, and has since shown with the 1998 soccer World Cup and the 2003 world track and field championships that it can handle big events.

The IOC will visit the proposed village site Thursday, as well as the Roland Garros tennis arena and the Eiffel Tower, where volleyball would be held under its giant iron legs.

Thursday's tour coincides with strikes by French trade unions. The protest is not connected to the Olympic bid, but threatens to give IOC inspectors a taste of French labor unrest. However, the strike is set for the southeast of Paris, while the IOC will be visiting sites in the north and west of the city.

On Friday, the panel will lunch with Prime Minister Jean-Pierre Raffarin and Foreign Minister Michel Barnier and dine at the Elysee Palace with President Jacques Chirac.

Associated Press Writer Samuel Petrequin in Thiers, France contributed to this report.

Not to turn this into a political thread. But if Paris were to get the olympics.

God forbid they have any terrorism issues with hosting the events,. How fast would they run to The U.S. begging for help.

Considering most of them are French... :roll:

Thursday's tour coincides with strikes by French trade unions.

The French are on strike again?

Quelle surprise ! :lol:

First he plays the heroic cancer survivor card to build compassion, then he dumps his wife who stood side by side with him while he fought his cancer to shack up with Sheryl Crow, now this.

I hope he dumps his bike and breaks his leg on the first stage.

On a side note, if NYC loses out to the Vichy Frogs then I say it's time to let the Germans take back what is rightfully theirs.

http://msn.foxsports.com/olympics/story/3441020

PARIS (AP) - Lance Armstrong threw his support behind Paris' bid for the 2012 Olympics on Wednesday, the same day International Olympic Committee members started assessing the city's bid for the games.

In an interview with The Associated Press, the six-time Tour de France winner acknowledged he is torn between the competing Paris and New York bids, but said the French capital deserves to be picked.

Paris would be "outstanding," said Armstrong, who hails from Austin, Texas. New York also merits support given "everything they went through the last four, five years," he said, referring to the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks. But he added: "If they don't win in 2012, they could win in 2016."

Moscow, Madrid and London also are competing. The Olympic host will be decided in a vote by the full IOC in Singapore on July 6.

French officials showed the 13-member IOC panel their plans for 2012, including presentations about the sites that would be used and the plans to build a $2.52 billion Olympic village on an old railway yard in northern Paris.

Mayor Bertrand Delanoe, sports minister Jean-Francois Lamour, bid director Philippe Baudillon and others took part in the meeting at the hotel where the IOC panel is staying. Inspectors arrived Tuesday for a four-day tour of the city considered the favorite to stage the Summer Games.

Lamour spoke of creating a "new sporting infrastructure" for Paris. He highlighted plans to hold swimming and diving at an aquatic center near the Stade de France in the gritty northern suburb of Saint-Denis.

The IOC inspectors also were shown plans for a proposed Superdome to host gymnastics near Porte de la Chapelle, another somewhat run-down area of northern Paris. Yet to be built, the 25,000-seat arena would be used for basketball, handball volleyball and music concerts after the games.

Paris has been under the Olympic spell. The 2012 logo adorns the facades of the National Assembly and City Hall; lights in the colors of the logo are projected at night from the bridges of the Seine; and, metros and buses have been decorated with Olympic bid slogans.

Armstrong said Paris was "arguably the best candidate" for the 2008 Olympics, which went to Beijing instead.

"To be fair, I think that Paris deserves the Olympics," he said before starting Wednesday's stage of the Paris-Nice race.

Armstrong has a soft spot for Paris. For six straight years he has ridden onto the famed Champs-Elys?es as winner of the Tour de France. But as an American, he has feelings for New York, too.

"You've put me in a hard place, but I think Paris should be an outstanding city. But I also think that in some points New York deserves to have something as special as the Olympics," he said.

"My family wants to see it. Now in my lifetime, I hope to have the chance to see it," said striker Thierry Henry in a video released by the Paris bid organizers.

Paris previously hosted the Olympics in 1900 and 1924, and has since shown with the 1998 soccer World Cup and the 2003 world track and field championships that it can handle big events.

The IOC will visit the proposed village site Thursday, as well as the Roland Garros tennis arena and the Eiffel Tower, where volleyball would be held under its giant iron legs.

Thursday's tour coincides with strikes by French trade unions. The protest is not connected to the Olympic bid, but threatens to give IOC inspectors a taste of French labor unrest. However, the strike is set for the southeast of Paris, while the IOC will be visiting sites in the north and west of the city.

On Friday, the panel will lunch with Prime Minister Jean-Pierre Raffarin and Foreign Minister Michel Barnier and dine at the Elysee Palace with President Jacques Chirac.

Associated Press Writer Samuel Petrequin in Thiers, France contributed to this report.

Well..What ever his Wife gets in the Divorce she'll

never have him by the Balls!! :lol:

BIKING IS NOT A SPORT.

Thanks.

this is exactly why Lance said "Paris"

he knows where his bread is buttered and it for damn sure ain't here -

he's a legend in this country yeah but more for beating cancer etc ... the Tours are a nice sidestory that people hear but really deep down don't understand -

he's a legend in France for what he does on that bike...

he's a legend in France for what he does on that bike...

I wouldn't say he's a legend. Well known is a better description.

The French (especially the media) resent him for being an American who dares to dominate their national event.

I wouldn't say he's a legend. Well known is a better description.

The French (especially the media) resent him for being an American who dares to dominate their national event.

And the French resent TS for Dominating a Sex Act

they invented!! Suckers... :lol:

BIKING IS NOT A SPORT.

Thanks.

Seconded. And, I never liked that tool. Hell, the French don't even like him, and he wears yellow! Coward... yellow is the color of cowardness... the French... eh, you get it.

And, good, he beat cancer. So have alot of other people, and they don't get nearly the amount of props this douche gets, might I add, after dumping his wife for Sheryl Crow, like Guns said. He's the biggest douche in NY 'sports' history :lol:

Seconded. And, I never liked that tool. Hell, the French don't even like him, and he wears yellow! Coward... yellow is the color of cowardness... the French... eh, you get it.

That's the point of him saying this. His 6 tour de france mean diddly squat here in the Us,but in france & europe it's the super bowl. Nobody there can stand him.this is an attempt to win some support over there.

BIKING IS NOT A SPORT.

Thanks.

I don't know why it's not a sport. Most people's argument that auto racing isn't a sport is because the cars do all the work. Last I checked these bikes didn't have 50 cc engines propelling them through the mountains.

Yeah - and this time we will not be there to pull their sick sorry arse's out of the fire like we have every time before. But beware Deutschland! The Frogs have many friends with turbins.

I don't know why it's not a sport. Most people's argument that auto racing isn't a sport is because the cars do all the work. Last I checked these bikes didn't have 50 cc engines propelling them through the mountains.

Ratings Alk... it's all about the ratings. NASCAR is the number two sport, so to speak, in terms of ratings. That and they outdraw MLB, NBA, and NHL (which everyone seems to do).

Hey Pat, looks like he heard you.

Lance is now "backpeddling"(yeah, I know, bad pun) from his comments.

http://www.cbs.sportsline.com/olympics/story/8276117

Armstrong affirms 2012 support for NYC

March 10, 2005

SportsLine.com wire reports

MONTELIMAR, France -- Lance Armstrong backpedaled a bit Thursday, saying that while he backed Paris for the 2012 Olympics, New York City was "the bid of my heart."

"If I were on the selection committee, I would be rolling for New York City," Armstrong said Thursday. "Because of its stature in the world and the fact that it's one of the most influential, beautiful cities in the world."

Moscow, Madrid and London also are competing for the games. The host city will be determined by the International Olympic Committee in July.

Armstrong appeared to back Paris just as the IOC began assessing the French capital on Wednesday, when he also pulled out of the Paris-Nice cycling race with a soar throat.

Paris would be "outstanding," said Armstrong, and "deserves the Olympics." He added: "If (New York) don't win in 2012, they could win in 2016."

The remarks drew a sarcastic howl from the New York Post, which called Armstrong a "turncoat bicyclist" and "the Weasel on Two Wheels."

Armstrong reaffirmed his support for New York on Thursday from Girona, Spain, where he trains.

"I don't want to change a word of what I said about Paris yesterday. I do think that Paris has an excellent bid, but I also think that all of the cities have excellent bids," he said.

But, he added, "New York City is the bid of my heart."

He said he formally reaffirmed his support for New York in a conversation with Deputy Mayor Dan Doctoroff.

"New York is the greatest city in the world. Everybody agrees on that," Armstrong said.

Hey Pat, looks like he heard you.

Lance is now "backpeddling"(yeah, I know, bad pun) from his comments.

http://www.cbs.sportsline.com/olympics/story/8276117

Armstrong affirms 2012 support for NYC

March 10, 2005

SportsLine.com wire reports

MONTELIMAR, France -- Lance Armstrong backpedaled a bit Thursday, saying that while he backed Paris for the 2012 Olympics, New York City was "the bid of my heart."

"If I were on the selection committee, I would be rolling for New York City," Armstrong said Thursday. "Because of its stature in the world and the fact that it's one of the most influential, beautiful cities in the world."

Moscow, Madrid and London also are competing for the games. The host city will be determined by the International Olympic Committee in July.

Armstrong appeared to back Paris just as the IOC began assessing the French capital on Wednesday, when he also pulled out of the Paris-Nice cycling race with a soar throat.

Paris would be "outstanding," said Armstrong, and "deserves the Olympics." He added: "If (New York) don't win in 2012, they could win in 2016."

The remarks drew a sarcastic howl from the New York Post, which called Armstrong a "turncoat bicyclist" and "the Weasel on Two Wheels."

Armstrong reaffirmed his support for New York on Thursday from Girona, Spain, where he trains.

"I don't want to change a word of what I said about Paris yesterday. I do think that Paris has an excellent bid, but I also think that all of the cities have excellent bids," he said.

But, he added, "New York City is the bid of my heart."

He said he formally reaffirmed his support for New York in a conversation with Deputy Mayor Dan Doctoroff.

"New York is the greatest city in the world. Everybody agrees on that," Armstrong said.

I'd like to think this thread has something to do with it :lol:

Archived