Sexual Harrassment Policy for the Internet

Garb

I was visiting Patsfans.com today and found that I missed out on something interesting this past Sunday (although being on vacation trumps interesting mb crap every day of the week). Anyway, I guess there was some stuff being bantered about in the chat room (game time) that a female poster - I am assuming - took as being harrassing. I assume this because there is sexual harrassment policy implemented at Patsfans.com that is being enforced to protect female posters. I guess this is a good thing....but I liken it to the helmet/devastating hit issue. What is harassment? How do you monitor what one person is senstive towards and another person finds funny? I'm curious to know what the harrassment was. Did someone ask for a sexual favor? Did someone say they were going to force themselves on someone? Did someone post that the woman should be performing sexual favors instead of posting on a football messageboard? There is a fine line and sometimes it gets finer...you know? As a woman on a messageboard, I understand that being ultra senstive is counter-productive and although I loathe the saying "boys will be boys" it's partially true. So, I am really curious as to the nature of the harrassment. Clearly something was posted that was way over the line. I think I will participate in the chat this Sunday and ask...because BP didn' give me the name Gladys Kravitz nuthin'. ;)

So, as a place that is over-whleminigly male, how do you all feel about implementing a sexual harrassment policy on a football messageboard? I would assume that it's all about common sense and decency, right? Then again, if we all had common sense and decency, policy would not be needed.

I was visiting Patsfans.com today and found that I missed out on something interesting this past Sunday (although being on vacation trumps interesting mb crap every day of the week). Anyway, I guess there was some stuff being bantered about in the chat room (game time) that a female poster - I am assuming - took as being harrassing. I assume this because there is sexual harrassment policy implemented at Patsfans.com that is being enforced to protect female posters. I guess this is a good thing....but I liken it to the helmet/devastating hit issue. What is harassment? How do you monitor what one person is senstive towards and another person finds funny? I'm curious to know what the harrassment was. Did someone ask for a sexual favor? Did someone say they were going to force themselves on someone? Did someone post that the woman should be performing sexual favors instead of posting on a football messageboard? There is a fine line and sometimes it gets finer...you know? As a woman on a messageboard, I understand that being ultra senstive is counter-productive and although I loathe the saying "boys will be boys" it's partially true. So, I am really curious as to the nature of the harrassment. Clearly something was posted that was way over the line. I think I will participate in the chat this Sunday and ask...because BP didn' give me the name Gladys Kravitz nuthin'. ;)

So, as a place that is over-whleminigly male, how do you all feel about implementing a sexual harrassment policy on a football messageboard? I would assume that it's all about common sense and decency, right? Then again, if we all had common sense and decency, policy would not be needed.

Pats fans are classless. Here at JN the woman could not be safer.

Forget about this nonsense, come over here and give me a rubdown (preferably while you are wearing a garter belt).

Things I don't ask women on the internet:

-Could we disable network sharing and try some peer-to-peer?

-What do you say we enter an escape sequence and spawn some processes?

-Do you need hard drives or can you mount a floppy?

-If you turn off your pop-up blocker, I'll turn on my packet sniffer.

-Let's flip your laptop and try out my ASCII.

O.K. Good. She said no, she's doesnt like the peen.

Its all good, I still love her. One day she will realize the opportunity she's missing out on and she'll make a play. They all do. Its clockwork.

While I often pretend to know everything, the truth is I do not.

However, I do have one theory that holds up: shark-toothed necklace wearing Blink 182 fratboy "punk rockers" that think Offspring is "old skool" have increased the lesbian population ten-fold... I knew I was onto something.

While I often pretend to know everything, the truth is I do not.

However, I do have one theory that holds up: shark-toothed necklace wearing Blink 182 fratboy "punk rockers" that think Offspring is "old skool" have increased the lesbian population ten-fold... I knew I was onto something.

Yosemite Sam's good at that too.

If women are dumb enough to leave the kitchen while barefoot and pregnant and discuss football with savage beasts, then they deserve whats coming to them.

But if site owners want lots of eyeballs, then they will have a blanket harassment policy that includes sexual harassment. Since the internet is devoid of common sense and decency, people do need to be reminded that its not cool to demean the weaker sex since they cant defend themselves cause they might break a nail or something

um, show your t!ts?

;)

Archived