The Official Miami Heat Road to the Title Thread

dolphann4life

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They're going to need some time to gel.

I don't know. They look so suspect in the paint and that's a real tough problem to fix simply with time. They're a 2 and 1/2 player team, nothing more, nothing less. They're going to slaughter the majority of the league, but when they run into the better teams, especially those with a strong post-up presence and the ability to double-down near the baseline quickly, you're going to see a lot of what you saw tonight. Bosh can and will get pushed around like a ragdoll, and even though I've always thought Haslem was a bit on the underrated side, he's not nearly good enough to be that guy for the team.

I also don't think they can beat Orlando or LA. Howard gets set better than anyone on defense in the league and right now it looks their strength on offense is attacking paint before the D can get organized because of how athletic Lebron and Wade are. But they have to be on their A+ game on any night where they play an elite team. 14 of 37 between the both of them is going to result in a loss, even if Bosh is on IMO. They don't play halfcourt ball very well, and that will eventually cost you a series in the postseason. It's not a matter of if when that's the case, it's simply when.

It's just one game, but that's what I took from it.

Also, man, Ray Allen is also still so money. Unreal that his legs haven't gone by now. The guy's career is starting to defy logic. Shooters' legs simply do not last this long. Also Garnett moved very well tonight, and Rondo is something else distributing the ball.

I don't know. They look so suspect in the paint and that's a real tough problem to fix simply with time. They're a 2 and 1/2 player team, nothing more, nothing less. They're going to slaughter the majority of the league, but when they run into the better teams, especially those with a strong post-up presence and the ability to double-down near the baseline quickly, you're going to see a lot of what you saw tonight. Bosh can and will get pushed around like a ragdoll, and even though I've always thought Haslem was a bit on the underrated side, he's not nearly good enough to be that guy for the team.

I also don't think they can beat Orlando or LA. Howard gets set better than anyone on defense in the league and right now it looks their strength on offense is attacking paint before the D can get organized because of how athletic Lebron and Wade are. But they have to be on their A+ game on any night where they play an elite team. 14 of 37 between the both of them is going to result in a loss, even if Bosh is on IMO. They don't play halfcourt ball very well, and that will eventually cost you a series in the postseason. It's not a matter of if when that's the case, it's simply when.

Also, man, Ray Allen is also still so money. Unreal that his legs haven't gone by now. The guy's career is starting to defy logic. Shooters' legs simply do not last this long. Also Garnett moved very well tonight, and Rondo is something else distributing the ball.

Great post.

I'm worried about the Celtics staying healthy throughout the year. And Allen could be benefiting from HGH and PEDs. Remember, the NBA Players Association scoffed at Congress when reps asked them about PED use in the NBA and the Union said that there isn't PED use because it wouldn't benefit basketball players. That's a red flag right there. It's a little known fact that basketball players suffer more injuries than football players. Basketball players would benefit greatly from HGH and like PEDs which would allow them to recover quicker from injury and wear-and-tear of the season.

As to the Heat, I agree on all points. I don't see how they even win their division with Orlando there. Orlando is a better team hands down. And, as you noted, the Heat are merely Two and a Half Men.

0-1

Hilariously flawed team.

Bynum/Gasol are going to embarrass this squad to NO END.

Bosh can't hold down the pain and Big Z is getting around on cinder blocks disguised as feet.

Wow, you can see all this in the future on October 26??

let me hire you to pick stocks for me :D

Barkley's pretty much reinforcing everything. They have to play faster if they're going to be strictly a perimeter team, and they have to figure something out because they can't just have Wade and James on the court all the time. Bottom line is they need more players. They have no inside presence and Arroyo isn't good (and as Barkley said, fast) enough to be a starting PG for this team. They need Miller back yesterday, he will definitely make a difference because of how good he is off the dribble and the fact that he attacks the rim very well.

IMO Orlando and LA are simply better right now. Boston probably too, but I think when they play later in the season this matchup is going to look a lot different. LA's acquisitions got lost in the shuffle, but any other offseason where the defending champs add two guys like Barnes and Blake while losing no one is a stellar one.

I'm worried about the Celtics staying healthy throughout the year.

It depends. Rondo is pretty unreal. Watching him distribute the ball tonight, I just don't think he needs all of those guys healthy throughout the season to keep Boston on track. When Perkins gets back in Jan, I think you're going to see Doc resting Garnett a lot. There's just so much experience between all of them, I have to believe they'll find a way to make it to the playoffs mostly healthy by that time.

As to the Heat, I agree on all points. I don't see how they even win their division with Orlando there. Orlando is a better team hands down. And, as you noted, the Heat are merely Two and a Half Men.

Also on this, I think Orlando matches up with them ridiculously well. They're not as fast on the perimeter as Boston (due to Rondo), but Howard is so good in the paint and I think it's easy to create mismatches down low. Nelson isn't Rondo, but he's still a great perimeter defender and they can also swing Pietrus out if it's necessary. And as one dimensional as Howard is on offense, they simply have nobody to force him to do otherwise. IMO Riley is going to double him with Lebron and probably Haslem at times and just pray to God.

no physical presence down low, big baby and shaq were pushing people around. Garnet was stroking it. Rondo was penetrating all night long and allen was clutch.....all that said we missed a ton of open shots, we'll get better.

Id be willing to make a heat/knicks sig best with ya.....big shot.

The Knicks suck.

But it's obvious you don't get it, D4. It's not Heat vs. Knicks. It's Heat vs. the NBA. Everybody is a hater. So if the Knicks win 20 games this year and the Heat lose in the playoffs Knick fans will be happy. Same with other sucky teams in East & West. It's like Met fans with the Yanks.

Any sig bet should solely be based on whether the Heat win a championship this year.

The Knicks suck.

But it's obvious you don't get it, D4. It's not Heat vs. Knicks. It's Heat vs. the NBA. Everybody is a hater. So if the Knicks win 20 games this year and the Heat lose in the playoffs Knick fans will be happy. Same with other sucky teams in East & West. It's like Met fans with the Yanks.

Any sig bet should solely be based on whether the Heat win a championship this year.

I actually love it being like that...it means that were relevant again. I think our team needs some time to gel, but Boston is gonna be tough with all their low post players.

The Knicks suck.

If the Knicks win no more than 20 games this year, under no circumstances will I be happy.

I was in Orlando for the opener..Heat came out to play in the 2nd half and the Magic were flat.

Congrats to all of the Heat fans since July. Good game.

Well were too far removed from that game now for me talk smack, but i'm guessing your calling me a heat fan since July? lol. If guys like James Jones and Eddie House can hit these open looks, teams are in trouble. Our perimeter D is off the charts, but thats what i expected with all the athleticism we have. Can't wait till Miller comes back.

Well were too far removed from that game now for me talk smack, but i'm guessing your calling me a heat fan since July? lol. If guys like James Jones and Eddie House can hit these open looks, teams are in trouble. Our perimeter D is off the charts, but thats what i expected with all the athleticism we have. Can't wait till Miller comes back.

Nah dude..just stating fact. Miami is a notorious bandwagon city..and LeBronapalooza has sent it full swing. I live and die with the Magic and always have..whatever makes your fellow compadres sleep better at night.

Tell you what though..I was VERY impressed with Miami's defense..smothering and suffocating would be the best way to describe it.

Archived